Magpies Interested In Italian Who Just Loves Newcastle

There are reports coming out of Italy that Newcastle may make a move for 23 year-old Napoli goalkeeper, Luigi Sepe, who has already said he loves Newcastle United.

AC Cesena v Empoli FC - Serie A

23 year-old Luigi Sepe – on loan at Empoli loves Newcastle

Sepe joined his hometown club over seven years ago, and he made his debut in Serie A against Fiorentina in January of 2009, when he was only 17.

But he’s never played for the first team since, as far as we can tell, and he’s been out on loan at Pisa, Virtus Lanciano, and he’s currently on loan this season at Empoli,  where he’s played 25 times this season, and has been in very good form.

The on-loan goalkeeper has been a stalwart for Empoli this season and they are currently 13th in Serie A and a full 12 points above the relegation zone.

Luigi has kept nine clean sheets, and he has a good record this season, and his good form is one reason Empoli have not been fighting with relegation.

Luigi has a contract at Napoli until 2019, but he has said he may need to move to get first team football, and this is what he has said to the Italian outlet Il Tirreno:

“I really love England, Manchester United and Newcastle United”. “It is too early to talk about my future. We don’t know who will be the Napoli coach at the end of this season or if the team will be in the Champions League.”

“It’s true I renewed my contract with Napoli, but it all depends on the conditions. If I have to go there and be third choice, then they can forget it.” “This is also why I am happy to stay at Empoli if needs be.”

“Is it a dream to play at the San Paolo? Actually my dream is the Premier League!” “I’ve had that dream since 2002, when I saw the movie GOAL – I’d take English citizenship if I could”

So there’s a hint why he loves Newcastle because GOAL was released in 2005, and it was about a South American youngster, Santiago Munez, who was signed by a famous English club in the north-east of England – Newcastle United.

Some of the filming was on location in Newcastle, and there was a scene we remember when he was in a Newcatsle cafe having breakfast, and he  asked what was in black pudding – and he was told – you don’t want to know!

Here’s some information about the plot of GOAL, which told the story over three separate films.

😀

There has been news over the last week or so that we may put goalkeeper Tim Krul up for sale this summer, and if that’s true Newcastle will need to bring in another goalkeeper to fight Karl Darlow for the number one spot.

So maybe it’s Luigi Sepe – seems to us with British citizenship he could even qualify as an adopted Geordie – now there’s nothing much better than that – is there.

Note: Mark Hammell is an avid reader of the blog and he has signed up for 7 endurance events totaling over 600 miles, after he has just recovered from a serious ACL injury.

Mark is doing this to raise money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Here is Mark’s Justgiving page – see if you can help him out and help Bobby’s Foundation.

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• Average_Contents

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:38 PM

It seems we aren’t the only ones wondering where it’s gone. It’s just us regime haters though eh?

Newcastle United have announced record post-tax profits of £18.7m for the last financial year, but have failed to explain why there has also apparently been a rise of £25m in operating costs.

Newcastle’s turnover leapt from £95.9m in 2013 to £129.7m in 2014, an increase of £33.8m on the previous set of accounts. The reported increase in profits, though, was just £8.8m, rising from £9.9m in 2013.

According to the figures released, Newcastle’s unexplained costs are around £25m – a figure calculated when the £8.8m rise in profits is subtracted from the £33.8m increase in turnover.

A statement released by Newcastle United on Monday morning stated that owner Mike Ashley had not taken any money out of the business in that time and the club’s debt to him remains at £129m in the form of interest free loans.

Newcastle failed to respond to an attempt by The Daily Telegraph to clarify the figures, in particular why such a large increase in turnover was not fully reflected in the size of the reported post-tax profits. The full accounts will be made public later this week. Significantly, Newcastle did not sign a player on a permanent contract in this period.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:40 PM

I would rather we went for some more German & Spanish players.

• Bambams

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:42 PM

I remember the movie Goal…..The chairman I think was fat Fred and he announced it would put Newcastle Utd on the world map…..He was spot on, an on loan goalkeeper obviously watched the movie and our team still plays the same exciting football !

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:43 PM

BPC – why?

Its quality we are after – doesnt matter where from.

Unless you are looking at future profit!

• Average_Contents

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Well I don’t know about you guys but I was that excited (been waiting weeks for this moment) I went off down the printers as soon as they released the accounts and got them to reproduce it straight onto a 6×6 canvas. Off the official club website of course.

Can’t wait to show my mates, they look brill.

Happy days.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Fong the owner!!! Fong him I say!!!! Harrumph!!!

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:48 PM

The owner is not improving the club. It’s as simple as that. Ashley has to go. Boycott until Ashley sells up.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:50 PM

At what point do we start re-investing profits into improving the squad Ashley? When is it going to happen? And get a decent manager and football director while you’re at it.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Does it take one manly man wearing the Thong of Truthiness to point this out yet again? Harrumph!!!

• beermonkey

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:53 PM

average

trophies what are they worth bugger all as scrap I bet
    but look at our 18mill profit
    I cant wait to get down the tomoz and have a little brag

I just hope they don’t remember the last bit of bragging where I said the figure was going to be closer to 35mill
    because just like the club I have no answer to where the missing cash has gone

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Good on you to point that out A_C @1. It comes down to Lies and the lying liar that tells them!!! Fong the owner!!!

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Spot on beermonkey @10. It’s going to take the club an extra week to make something up. Bloody bollocks is what it is.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:57 PM

It is quite interesting when you’ve read the blog for some time, you often notice phrases that people use. Some are quite common and some are perhaps unusual for Toon bloggers to use – bearing in mind at this “observational stage” the use of an unusual phrase may not mean a thing at all.
    However I post my observations for fellows bloggers to consider and perhaps keep it in the back of one’s mind.
    I noticed an American expression used today by BoyDoneGood – namely “Monday morning quaterback”.
    A relatively unusual combination of words for a Toon blog.
    I do believe that this exact combination of words has only been used twice in the last few years by “another poster” on this blog. The person being our own Master Multiple.
    Submitted to fellow posters for your information only and as I say -it may or may not be relevant at all.

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Beermonkey

Chelsea underperformed… so we might have finished 6th rather than 5th. Big deal, no real difference (Ch. had already qualified for CL so I guess we’d still have EL?) But we would have been 3rd with only 6 more points. In fact, given all the other results, the Spurs match on Feb 11th was a major 6-pointer – if we’d won that, we’d have finished 4th ahead of Spurs. In fact they tonked us 5-0 (I remember it well – my birthday…) which, I think you will agree, was not underperforming.

Anyway, Pawl said “clubs around us underperformed” – not just Chelsea. And it’s always about performance, which is not “luck”.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:57 PM

No! Wait! Fonging is too good for him. Strip him down and drop him in a sack of starving dingoes!!!

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Why can we never get a complete and honest statement of club finances? There is only one reason. Because Ashley is a lying coward who hides and never tells the whole truth. A lot like most governments. Liars and cowards the lot of them. Look at Netanyahu. Lies to get re-elected then turns around and reverses his position and laughs at the fools who voted for him.

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Mr Tuff

I noticed Jeff referred to “folk” on here – one of my habitual idioms – and immediately wondered whether he is really me. Perhaps I am multiply posting in my sleep? I also notice several posters have referred to Mike Ashley as a “slug”, and there’s no smoke without a fire…

Grow up.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Mr. Tuff is a grownup BoyDoneGood. He also points out that Newcastle are a very poor side based on average performance over the last 8 years. You can’t hide poor performance in the account ledgers Mike. Move on to another business where you can, as you do with your tat shops I’m sure.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Nothing but misleading statements and absolute bollocks come out of the club since Mike took over. Ask Kevin Keegan and a number of others. The man has to mislead to cover his tracks. What other mental midget would have hired Joe Kinnear twice?

• Thump

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Ah good, an article that isn’t about how rich we are.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:17 PM

How rich and useless we are Thump mate. Sitting on piles of dosh and doing nothing as usual. We can’t even decide to hire a decent manager. Who would you rather have? Dick Advocaat or Johnny C.? I know who I would choose. But Mike and Lee are brilliant assessors of football smarts. So we get Johnny C.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:18 PM

BoyDoneGood – I only posted observational FACTS.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:20 PM

A mysterious unexplained increase in costs of 25M pounds. We’re waiting Mike.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:25 PM

No response from the club for a request to clarify the increase in operating costs. What a surprise.

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Lies and the lying liars who tell them.

• beermonkey

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:30 PM

bdg

ok so you admit Chelsea underperformed that year
    Chelsea went from 2nd to 6th
    Liverpool
    6th with 58points to 8th with 52points in that summer the season they came 8th they had spent 54mill + the previous jan 35 mill on carol

so from 6th to 8th with an investment of around 54mill is that not underperforming

we spent around 12mill and 9 on cisse in the jan

while on the whole I sort of agree you cant say teams didn’t underperform we went from 12th to 5th
    did we over perform
    yes I think so but we also worked hard it wasn’t pretty but we worked hard as a team something we haven’t done since

• lesh

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:51 PM

I don’t like the Telegraph as a paper but all credit to them, they’re banned from SJP and seem to have a keen interest in the Club’s accounts.

Go on the Torygraph, help us find out the answer to the question. Has £25m been set aside for the new trainng facilities? Could it be a provision for new players – thus and in both hypothetical scenaria, avoiding Corporation tax?

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Geordie 2

So you agree with Mr Tuff that my use of the phrase “Monday morning quarterback… may… be relevant” to the idea that someone is or has used multiple identities here. I guess you need to grow up too. I stopped worrying about monsters under the bed when I was about 9.

Meanwhile, since I have clearly denied this stupid idea three or four times, unequivocally, you obviously doubt my honesty. You base this – unless you are just effing rambling – on the belief that I have defended Mike Ashley’s 8-year record, when I have been extremely scathing about his first 4 years and have made it clear that I can’t endorse his recent actions unless and until he spends significantly, including an innovative new coach, in two months time. I learned to read when I was four. You definitely need to grow up.

• BoyDoneGood

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Beermonkey

Right – it was ugly. The shite GD was down to Pardew’s habit of losing 4 or 5-0 just when you thought the team was performing well. Hell of a birthday present (Spurs, 2012…)

• toonie

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Yes, this article makes perfect sense. Sell Tim Krul, one of the best keepers in the World. Have a Chapionship keeper as first choice and bring in the Italian as second choice, who cant get into the first team…Bollocks

• G peart 83

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Krul to be sold for 15 million and this guy to be bought for 3 million absolute joke of an owner

• KevinLee

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:32 AM

1.85m, not so tall, below 3M can consider

• Lynxie

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:55 AM

‘Newcastle interested in (enter player name here) who just loves Newcastle’.
    Word of warning people.
    So did Silvio Maric.

Enough said on that subject.

• Blackstarbullet

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Why would we need another keeper, unless of course we know Tim Krul is being sold. We already have a no.2 coming in from Forest ( Darlow ) and a very promising keeper in young Woodman so I can’t see Seppi coming in to possibly sit on the bench.