These Eight Senior Players To Leave Magpies This Summer

Newcastle will have a clear out of players this summer, and it’s looking like it may be bigger than most fans think.

fab coloccini everton 3-2 at home

Fab Coloccini – could leave this summer

Players like Cheick Tiote and Vurnon Anita will be sold, and those players having their contracts running out in June – namely Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez and Sammy Ameobi will likely not get new deals.

We would have liked Ryan and Jonas to stay, but we don’t expect Jonas to be given a new deal after his criticism of Alan Pardew last week – maybe he had already been told he would not be getting a new deal to stay on Tyneside.

That’s a pity because Ryan and Jonas have shown they have guts and spirit,  after Ryan recovered from two  serious knee injuries and Jonas won his fight with testicular cancer.

And there was news last week that Tim Krul could b eon his way out of the club, but we hope Tim stays.

In fact we’d like all our top players – Krul, Janmaat, Colback, Sissoko, Cisse, Cabella, Aarons and Perez to stay.

And it wouldn’t be too much of a surprise if center-backs Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson are shipped out this summer.

So don’t be surprised if Tiote, Anita, Taylor(R), Taylor(S), Jonas, Williamson, Ameobi and Coloccini have all left Newcastle come September.

And we even are willing to believe there will be transfer funds available up to £60M to bring in new players, and hopefully the money we bring in for players leaving the club can be reinvested back into the squad.

It’s shaping up to be all change at Newcastle over the summer, and let’s hope we end up with a much improved squad from what we’ve had this season.

The squad hasn’t been good enough or big enough this season.

What do you think?

Note: Mark Hammell is an avid reader of the blog and he has signed up for 7 endurance events totaling over 600 miles, after he has just recovered from a serious ACL injury.

Mark is doing this to raise money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Here is Mark’s Justgiving page – see if you can help him out and help Bobby’s Foundation.

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Manscar…sarcasm and irony can be difficult to spot without the quotation marks and the banned smilies…

…I get told by some nameless posters that I don’t have a sense of humour for instance just because I don’t get their perceived sarcasm (you know “it was just a joke”, “you are so serious”)

In hindsight anything is a joke when lines are crossed and some react to it. It might be a British thing I don’t know.

But sarcasm and irony should still be allowed wouldn’t you agree? Your action when you cross the line is the true test of character.

And boy have I meet a few characters on here…

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:49 PM

*magscar (sorry about that)

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Ed…we would like Ryan and Jonas to be released!

• Ibizatoon

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Jesper…Come on man, it’s not the summer yet, can we leave talk of crossing lines until then? 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Ibiza…they can stay until then 😀

• Ibizatoon

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Welease Wyan!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Ibiza…could be a peach and go back and tell the others that we have moved on?

• Ibizatoon

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Jesper…Or….we could take this opportunity to discuss other things.

Have you started the new season of community yet?

• Ibizatoon

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:56 PM

and remember, keep your voice down, we haven’t been spotted yet…

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Ibiza…do you ever listen to The Cooper Temple Clause?

…I believe they are from your parts (well were..)

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Ibiza…no, but I am watching t’s Always Sunny 😀

…and finished season 7 of Parks and Rec!

What about you?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:58 PM

*It’s

• Ibizatoon

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Jesper…We’re on the move again mate…another top youngster….

• Lindisfarne

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Tiote, Anita, Taylor(R), Taylor(S), Jonas, Williamson, Ameobi and Coloccini can all go for me, with a large dollup of gratitude and good ridance if it ensures that newer fresher individuals are brought in. I would also accept Krul being sold as his frailties are getting the better of him.

However, it is more likely that any of Janmaat, Colback, Sissoko, Cisse, Cabella, Aarons and Perez will be sold, then potentially any one of those first mentioned may be offered an extension.

• magscar

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Ibiza
    Just lost quite a long response I had composed to one of your earlier o nes on last thread ( unless it turns up as my tablet is being difficult today from overwork)

Essentially I was saying that despite his long residence here there have still not been any effective rebellion. That isn’t sarcasm just a recognition of the impossible task it is to marshal disparate forces into an effective guerrilla outfit.

Many relieve their frustration on here by picking on each and every point they can ( not changing anything) and giving it to any who seem more sympathetic or lassez faire about the regime). My way at my age is to wait and see as has been effective in the long run with all previous regimes in my lifetime. I wasn’t always this way but did learn that regime change did occur when they were ready and not because of anything I had willingly participated in beforehand.

I repeat it is my way not a call for others to be the same as me.

• lesh

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Ibiza

Welease Wyan!

And fwee Fabrizzio!!

• bladeuser

Mar 31, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Just get rid of willo asap

• JP...from The Rock

Mar 31, 2015 at 8:31 PM

I would keep Sammy as he has potential.

• Nicola Dee

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM

Sorry but having seen all if these players often recently I am amazed at some of the comments being posted here. Ryan Taylor to go, Ameobi to stay? Taylor may be 31 but he’s one of the best players we have;Sammy has no close control at all and isn’t good enough for the Premier League. For me Ameobi, Gouffran, Ferreya, Anita, Alnwick, Tiote, Williamson and the mob loaned to Glasgow Rangers should all go (except Shane Ferguson). I’d like Gutierrez to get another year but I doubt it will happen after his criticism last week.