Newcastle Drop One Place In Table – Bottom Two Sides Win

Everton got their third Premier League win in a row today when they beat a strong Southampton side 1-0 at Goodison Park, so that’s three successive league wins against Newcastle, QPR and today – the Saints.

john carver training

John Carver – will try to win his first derby game tomorrow

Before we played Everton om 15th March Newcastle were  seven points ahead of the Toffees,  but three defeats in a row for the Magpies means that  Everton have gained 9 points on us in the last three games, and they are now 2 points ahead of us – and we drop to 13th place in the league.

🙁

But we have the game in hand tomorrow at Sunderland, and a win in that game would see us move up into 11th place, and we’ll stay there if Crystal Palace cannot beat Manchester City at home on Monday night.

The two bottom clubs won today – and that cannot be good news for Sunderland or Aston Villa for that matter.

Leicester City beat West Ham 2-1 at home, for only their 5th win this season, and QPR had a surprise 4-1 win at West Brom, and West Brom remain 2 points behind Newcastle.

QPR are now just one point behind Sunderland, so the Black Cats will need to start winning some games to stay up, but hopefully not tomorrow afternoon against Newcastle.

Newcastle remain 10 points ahead of 3rd bottom QPR.

Arsenal won their 7th league game in a row in the early game, as they easily beat Liverpool 4-1 at home, and Manchester United were impressive in beating Aston Villa 3-1 at Old Trafford and are now in 3rd place one point behind Arsenal.

If Newcastle beat Sunderland tomorrow we would be 13 points above the drop zone and essentially safe – although not mathematically safe.

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• optimistic prime

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:46 PM

If ya Cana kick it in lads punch it in, they all count ya kna

• beermonkey

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM

just seen some pics from the arsenal liverfool protest on ticket prices
    do you think they could lend us the banner £nough is £nough seems very apt to put in front of Ashley

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:48 PM

The race for 11th place HOW EXCITING !!!

• Thump

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:49 PM

@OP: “If Sir Bobby Robson taught me anything – he was, like me, a Geordie, ya knar – it was that if we score more goals than we concede, we’ll win the game. That’s why we won so many with Alan Shearer – he was a, like me, Geordie too, ya knar – because he scored geet biguns ya knar.”

Honestly, I’m waiting for him to get sacked for assaulting Saylor for claiming he’s more Geordie than Charver.

• BandB

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:49 PM

We are playing for north east bragging rights like never before tomorrow.

If we win, they’ll be bottom of the form table. If they win, we are.

Makes your heart fair burst with pride doesn’t it?

• davetoon

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:05 PM

i actually gave Liverpool a good chance to turn over Arsenal today based solely on how we bossed them over the second half last game
    IF we play like that tomorrow, there is no doubt we will win comfortably but that should not affect Carver getting the job

• BandB

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:09 PM

While I could do without Carver insinuating that victory tomorrow means he deserves the job, there can be no excuse for not wanting us to beat them.
    “Thou shalt not lose to Sunderland.”
    It’s the first commandment.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Long time reader first time poster here, oops used the wrong log in details, I’ll get my coat !

• optimistic prime

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Thump

I’m kinda glad saylors not around, imagine his fist pumping whilst Geordie johns beating his chest.

I Reckon he’ll go for a knee slider If we score tomorrow but if he’s feeling full after his Greggs he may just punch a ball boy!

• optimistic prime

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:11 PM

JFA.

Gold

• davetoon

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I wish we could do a Randy Quaid National Lampoons Christmas Vacation skit to Ashley and kidnap him and make him answer to the fans

• BandB

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Jail,

Look back at the responses man. There are none.

EVERYONE knows.

There’s no need to waste your time on it.

Derby Day. I wondered how you feel about it? It’s a real head v heart thing for me.

• davetoon

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM

wow what a goal from Charlie Adam. Beats Courtois from past the half way line

• Ron Knee

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM

What a goal!

• finkler

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:24 PM

BandB
    Interesting article in True Faith by Michael Martin who has described Newcastle as “a zombie club, half alive, half dead, going nowhere”.
    I am not inclined to take that view. A victory tomorrow could change all that.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Jail you are not a comedian.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Looking at previous post, mister tuff seems to have his knickers in a twist, very grumpy today.

• Belfast

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Far better than Beckhams like. He’ll not get the same credit though because he’s a fat Scottish bloke.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM

finklster…you seem to know everyone but no one seems to know you…at least by that name;

…why not just use one name? Is that too much to ask?

• welshgeordie9

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Anyway back to watching Chelsea’s game and my dream woman of course.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Well to be honest Jesper, finkler is one name.

• davetoon

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:39 PM

he’ll get the credit cos he beat the press pin up boy Courtois

• armchair fan

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:39 PM

welshgeordie9

You aren’t talking about Willian are you?

• Graeme

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:41 PM

BandB @ 5 – At least we now have something to play for.
    Who knows, it may just be enough to raise a pulse in some of our players!!!

• Average_Contents

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Belfast

He’ll not get the same credit because he’s a fat Scottish bloke. Lmfao. Might I add – and teeth like broken tombstones.

• Average_Contents

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:46 PM

And we’ve turned ANOTHER teams season around. Much like we did for the scum last season.

On a bad run? Play Newcastle.
    Not won away from home? Play at SJP.
    Haven’t scored a league goal for hours? Play us.

Hoorah!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Given a choice I’d take a draw now, losing five in a row could take years to put right.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:51 PM

armchair fan

No it’s not Willian.

• Belfast

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Have you ever noticed he’s got brown hair with ginger sideburns? Always found that strange lol

• davetoon

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:54 PM

• welshgeordie9

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Will you two be positive for once, they might surprise us.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:58 PM

davetoon

I wish that was newcastles physio, might get results on and off the pitch.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Welsh…you are not sharpest tool in the shed are you?…no offense of course!

Belfast…got any praise lately from your blog follower? 😉

• welshgeordie9

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:01 PM

None taken Jesper.

I take all insults a compliment, to a degree of course.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:04 PM

welsh isn’t even the sharpest tool in a butter knife draw. Ha ha, I crack me up I do.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM

jesper – maybe not the sharpest tool but nevertheless a tool.
    Hahahah. Quality Gold. High Five!

Blog defenders High Five there’s alot of ’em about tonight. To the ramparts
    Release the bloodhounds -they’re on the run.

• davetoon

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Amount of injuries we have, our physio must be Cheryl Cole

• Belfast

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Jesper you sound terribly jealous.

• finkler

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Jesp
    It’s finkler. I have not disrespected you so please don’t be childish. You do need to think about unintended consequences both in football and in life. Your earlier ” The Boys from Brazil” approach could be viewed as offensive but fortunately I do not offend easily.
    My purpose for posting yesterday ( which was well received) was to determine my feeling as a reader that some long term bloggers felt that they bossed the blog. However, today I was met with open hostility by the very same individuals I had highlighted. It is always disappointing when misplaced loyalty comes to the fore. In the long run here and in life you are not respected. I do not hold out any real possibility that you will buy into any of this but I did try.
    I do agree with those who have stuck their head above the parapet that we should all post in harmony. Something which more than a few of us would welcome. We have lost some excellent posters off here as I am sure you will agree!

• finkler

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Welsh
    Your doing just fine in my book. I really hate bullies at all levels of society.

1 2 3 5