Carver – I Am The Permanent Manager At Newcastle

You cannot accuse John Carver of not talking a good game, and he’s also quite adept at blowing his own trumpet, and we had more of that in the lead-up to the Sunderland derby today.

But we suppose that’s what John should be talking about,  because our results have been hopeless this year with just two wins in twelve total games.

john carver at man city 5-0

John Carver – there’s nothing about interim in my contract

Newcastle have dropped four positions down the league table,  since Alan Pardew rapidly left the club via the back door early this year.

The way Mike Ashley will look at our drop down the table is  that’s about £8M is the payout from the Premier League next month – so we assume the Newcastle owner is not too pleased with it – although that’s an assumption.

This is what John Carver said yesterday:

“If I keep worrying about everything that’s going on, if I keep worrying about everybody who has been linked with the job, then I won’t be giving 100%, so I don’t even think about ‘permanent’.”

“In my eyes, I am permanent, with the contract I signed. There was nothing about ‘short-term’, there was nothing about ‘interim’.”

“I am the permanent manager and that’s my mindset, so I don’t even think about the summer.”

“I go into the game thinking I’m the manager of this club and I will remain the manager until I’m told I am not the manager anymore.”

The odds now are that current Derby County manager Steve McClaren will become the new head coach, and the coaching staff will remain in place, and John will remain as the assistant manager at the club.

If that happens not much will change at Newcastle, and it will be the third stint for John Carver as assistant manager after he served in that position with Sir Bobby Robson (1999-2004) and Alan Pardew (2011 – 2015).

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• optimistic prime

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:02 AM

JC you’re the head coach not the manager, if you can’t get your job title right how can we expect you’ll get the coaching right?

• Pokat

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I am the one and only Chesney hawks haha. Anyway, do we actually have a coshing staff I mean is that our speciality like? Is it using lead shot in a sock or what? Good idea though

• Average_Contents

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:06 AM

I’m wondering, rather worryingly if he thought he conducted himself in the right manner when he offered fans to meet him at the training ground after we’d been trounced away at Southampton.

Good times.

I’m also wondering if he’s a geordie and worked with Sir Bob.

Anyone know?

• Mister Tuff

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:06 AM

ash1001 – come on give us a little bit of low down on the Fans Forum – were your emails vetted, any evidence of not receiving emails, did the minutes always reflect the actual meeting, were all the FF members contactable between themselves, did you all ever organise joint points to put to “the board”.

• Average_Contents

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Unfortunately for us and I’m quite confident in saying this, there’s also nothing between your ears johnny boy.

• ash1001

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Hi Mister Tuff
    In my honest opinion the Fans Forum achieves very little if anything, we do not get E Mails direct from the fans – they go through the club, at the end of last season we spent as fans a lot of time putting a review of the season together covering many points, we asked for that to be included in the published minutes – it was side stepped and placed on “Newcastle Fans United” web site.
    Could go on but it would just be more of the same, nothing happens that is going to make the fans feel any better, we love our club but not the way it is been run from top to bottom, the only thing that I see that appears to be well run is the academy under Joe Joyce.

• hadthetshirt

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Oh Rocky I wish you would just shut up,every time you open your mouth your digging a deeper hole.Mind with initials like JC he only needs a B on the end.The hole is getting that big

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Please God someone tell him quickly he’s not the manager anymore!

• toonbrother

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM

carver thinks gouffran is a defensive midfielder
    nuff said

• Roger

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Carver is an idiot. He is not able to be a leader of this
    club. And if today, we loose by the Mackems, he
    can go to hell.
    Hope the players know what`s happened if they loose.
    Fight for your lives.

• firebug666

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:54 AM

John Carver the village idiot!

Average @3

Point 1. He was on his best behaviour that day mate. Of cause he had to be smuggled out of the training ground in the boot of the inept one’s car after that.

Point 2. I have no idea 😀

• beermonkey

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:55 AM

sadly I think he has the job on a permanent basis

been a few articles in about the Ashley buying and spending big before the prices go up
    with most clubs 30-40 mill better of at the start of this season we could have started then but we didn’t

were not even bringing in quality kids ok we didn’t get ali who went to spurs but I think that was more location than us, what happened to the 2 Spanish kids we looking at

• Reyantoon

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Still don’t get the difference between McLaren and Pard ?
    And why they preparing to hire McLaren.
    whatever the reason is,it’s gonna be big challenge for SM as we never saw him managing other premiere league clubs outside Middlesbrough.He is not that bad and I like to see him how he does after boro but still not my favorite and do not expect any changes in our playing style and the place we finish in the PL.
    However,he is perfect man for Mike and Lee the way he collaborates with them and the way he recruits and sells.If like they say in the interview they want tactically astute man who able to improve the players and develops youngsters, why the hell they are going British then?
    McLaren as head coach and John carver as his assistant very much on the card!

• beermonkey

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:58 AM

toonbrother

I don’t think goofy knows what he is anymore from striker to winger to fullback to holding mid
    maybe this is why he mooches about with his hands in his pockets looking quite disinterested

• lochinvar

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM

“The best way to predict your future is to create it”
    ? Abraham Lincoln

“The best way to try to hang onto my job is to talk drivel ”
    – John Carver

Please stop the dribbling John. We’re not unreasonable folk . I’m happy enough for you to have the chance to do a good job but please do it professionally and competently. The old adage is “keep your powder dry” and get on with it. Otherwise when the bomb drops bend down , put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye”

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Reyan…there has been absolutely no indecation that we are looking at McClaren!

…the news outlet are trying to build a story based on absolutely no empirical evidence. Basically this is called guessing or someone is in the know. But since both journos and even some bloggers on here won’t name their source (they always say someone at the club…like we haven’t heard that one before) then this is just static or noise!

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:07 AM

It looks like the drivel is landing him the job 😉 lol

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:08 AM

Beer…how’s Brighton these days?

…still work at that bar?

Have you been out to the new Brighton training academy?

• hibbit

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:12 AM

op we don’t know if he is head coach or manager

• toonbrother

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:13 AM

@15 lochinvar
    very well said. the most off-putting thing about carver is his nonstop bluster. The silly tough guy routine. impresses noone,
    By the way Mclaren is much better than Pardew. They arent even in the same universe in terms of tactical acumen

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Jeff…are you really from Benwell, Newcastle and is your name Jeff?

…how many names have you had on here and are any of them still activity?

What is your relationship with Welshy and do you think there’s a connection between Ian, John Irving and new frinklster?

• optimistic prime

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Hibbit

Fair point, do you think he does? 😉

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:14 AM

*active

• toonbrother

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:15 AM

@14 beermonkey
    not holding brief for Gouffran but its a bit harsh to blame a player for playing the role he has been given
    Blame Pardew for converting him to winger and carver for converting him into a DM

Poor lad made his name playing as a striker and has barely played any games for us in the his natural preferred role. Thats not his fault

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Jeff…speak up or forever bite your tongue!

• optimistic prime

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Jesper

You expecting a answer from Jeff?

You’re asking a bit much fella, it’ll be easier getting the winning Euromillions numbers.

• beermonkey

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:16 AM

jesper

pub is now a block of flats as the way of many pubs
    gave up working in bars a while ago I prefer the other side

not been to the training complex I do goto the amex on occasions just to cheer on lua lua lol

• hibbit

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:19 AM

op i think he is manager till the end of the season

• beermonkey

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:19 AM

toonbrother

I don’t blame any player with us
    there is doing ur bit to help out the team then there is what we have done to Jonas and goofy

its not just them we play players out of position all the time

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Beer…if you ever get around to visit the complex could you be a pal and tells us what you think (is it a £20M complex and all) – it would be great to compare when we get our …don’t know what to call it since the pictures don’t really sell the idea 😉

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM

….by the way I prefer the other side of the bar as well either with a Stout or a Dark Lager 😀

• Belfast

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Put a sock in it Jesper

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:26 AM

A sock in what Belfast?

…are you sure this is blog material 😉

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Are you talking about Carver?

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Someone should sock him! Good call Belfast!

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM

Now go apologize to Skunki and bring him back!

• Belfast

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Did you ever get my emails during your exile ? Somebody gave me an email address for you.

• Belfast

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I had nothing to do with wor skunkis disappearance. Butch Cassidy needs the Sundance kid.

• AncientC

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:33 AM

The Sunderland fans will be missing their old friend Pardew today. I am certain they are hoping Carver is as tactically inept at Pardew, going the same route of trying to win the kicking battles in midfield whilst forgetting about trying to attack.

Carver naming a 4-2-3-1 would hand the incentive to Sunderland, we get bogged down in midfield with only 1 man in the box when the ball eventually breaks lose our way.

I am hoping for a 4-4-2. Carver is unpredictable with his formations, so I am reserving judgement until 3pm.