It’s Simple – Advocaat Has Motivation Skills – Carver Doesn’t

John Carver is inexperienced as the head man, but he has also shown himself to be very cautious and unwilling to take chances, and we’ve seen that a number of times this year, and it was noticeable against Manchester United at home where he set up the side to defend – and then attack on the break – something we only normally see in away games, and it was certainly not what we should be doing at St. James’ Park in front of 52,0000 fans.

Dick Advocaat +Sunderland+v+Newcastle+United+lFEWZErUXRvl

Dick Advocaat – a godsend for Sunderland?

And a similar thing happened yesterday when in the first half there was a very good side attacking all the time, and they were up against a hesitant set of players who were overwhelmed by the speed and tenacity of the opposition.

And that speed and tenacity was shown by Sunderland who had not won in the previous seven games and has scored only two goals in the previous six games – but they looked a couple of classes better than Newcastle yesterday.

John talked before the game about how it was unacceptable for the Newcastle players not to give 100% and he virtually guaranteed that would not happen yesterday – in the interviews before the game – which were as usual gung-ho.

But we were a disgrace again – especially in that first half.

John cannot seem to motivate his players but the Sunderland players and new Sunderland manager Dick Advocaat – a very experienced man – looked golden after this game and this is what he had to say about the performance yesterday:

“Before the game, I said something to our Scottish friend Fletcher: ‘It’s time to do something now. You can do it for Scotland, but you have to do it here as well.”

“And then Defoe came in and I said, ‘Do I have to say something to you or not?’, and he said, ‘No, I know what I have to do.”

‘”t’s a great boost for everybody. If you see them in the dressing room, they can’t walk any more, they are so tired. If you see our three front players, the way they worked, it was something special.”

To a very large extent you are born as a leader,  and it’s very difficult to make yourself into a leader if  it’s not in-born – and Carver doesn’t seem to be a very good leader, from what we can tell.

And Carver said after the game he was shocked and even ashamed that the performance was so insipid – especially after the second half performance against Arsenal.

Again – John talks a good game both before the matches and after the matches – but saying that was almost an admission from the Geordie, that he cannot motivate the players – or the players aren’t too interested in playing for you – take your pick.

John Carver is inexperienced, and far too cautious to be the head coach at Newcastle, but that’s what Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley have him doing.

You may ask why we didn’t get an experienced manager like Dick in, like Sunderland did for the rest of the season, and only make it more permanent if he produces.

Well the simple answer to that it costs more money – and John is the much cheaper option and Mike Ashley likes cheap.

But it’s also the worst option, but since the owner only thinks about money – that’s why we have John in as head coach – even though the job is too much for the 50 year-old.

But think of the money we are saving!

Here are two relevant polls to Newcastle’s current predicament.

Are Newcastle Safe From Relegation Yet?

Loading ... Loading ...

Can Carver Get The Points That Will Save Us From Relegation?

Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:29 PM

I think the work Senor Tuff has put in lately had been of much more use than the arguments that took place on here some months back…

…the Instigators has multiplied and needed a firm hand. It had been done and I hope everyone is behind what was done and will keep doing so if needed!

The last few weeks on here has been a struggle to say the least and good bloggers are dropping like flies.

…but they are easy to spot and I’ll agree with you BandB if we can just unite to ignore them once and for all then they ate bound to give up eventually.

• Graeme

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Cheer up chaps & chapesses – next up is luckypoo, at Anfield.
    They may well just treat it as a training game, have a bit of a kick-about, rattle in 5 or 6 and then get bored!!!!

• Pokat

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I was under the impression our problem was that we had too many Dicks at the club already. It’s a Richard we need. Not a Richard the Third though lol, a Richard the Lion heart !!!!

• Ron Knee

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM

BandB
    Could you tell me why you find high-fiving contemptible? I’m not being facetious.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Ed has ask the vote questions – are we safe from relegation ?
    and
    will John Carver get the points to save us from relegation

Yes we can but the results have to go something like below

Leicester City

Hull City H – loose
    Chelsea A – loose
    Man Utd H – loose
    Liverpool A – loose
    Swansea H – win
    5 pts = 39pts

My predictions are for rest of games…

Leicester City

Leicester H – win
    Chelsea H – loose
    6 pts = 37pts

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:50 PM

oops
    My predictions are for rest of games…

Leicester City

Man Utd H – loose
    Liverpool A – loose
    Swansea H – draw
    5 pts = 41pts

• Pokat

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Well your maths and spelling get a low mark lol but I see what you mean it’s the same argument as usual when down in the bilge haha there’s always someone worse than us. Don’t panic everyone there’s fifty thou places in the bunker!!!!

• Pokat

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM

I’ll save ya typing fingers with this little tip – drop one of those “o” in “loose”. We always play loose like.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:55 PM

hibbit,
    I wasn’t raking up the past, myself and Lilongwe have always been quite amicable, and I understand that he is a reasoned anti Ashley poster, I am just curious to know why he now thinks a protest march is a good move when a couple of years ago he used his considerable writing talent to pretty much rubbish the maOC campaign.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Ian oon,
    Please don’t preach to me like a saint, you aren’t one !

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Jail,
    I was critical of several things regarding the march, you are right. At the time there were a few who had claimed that Liverpool supporters were coming to beef up the numbers, I certainly wasn’t a fan of that. As it was, the people who said this had got the wrong end of the stick at one of the fans meetings. I retracted that criticism when the confusion was cleared up.

My other criticism was to do with the organisation of the march, and the organisers. Below I have copied things I mentioned in piece for other sites.

“With a reported 5,000 scousers right through a town where football has been used as an excuse for people to cause bother as recently as 6 months ago. Any numpty looking for trouble could quite easily tarnish the entire thing. Why do we need 5,000 scousers? Particularly those sent to us by a supporters group that had people on stage singing and celebrating the Munich disaster at their end of season bash last year – surely this is just asking for trouble?”

“The Time4Change march is upon us, almost, and I hope that it passes without incident and is a success. Now, I am still sceptical of the march, despite agreeing it is time for change, but I give it my best wishes and the same to all those who attend. Having read the Q&A, I thought the organisers came across well, and that has swayed me marginally, although I will continue to hold certain reservations”

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Jail,
    We have had this discussion a number of times, and I still stand by what I have said. Any protest or demo that is well organised and well run with a clear strategy and plan has my full support. I didn’t believe the MAOC/T4C march had that at the time.

• hibbit

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:20 PM

jail so many people are now having second thoughts including my own brother it took be a long time to give up my tickets maybe this time is the right time as the momentum is building against ashley…….. the only way we can win is together

• usmagpie

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Its simple really, JC does not know what he’s doing.
    I cannot believe I am going to say this but maybe Pardew wasn’t that bad!
    We keep on sending out sides with one striker and we only change that when we go behind and JC prays to god that we can turn it around but he needs to realize the pressure now is on the players and not him. I for one yesterday would have had Armstrong ( Geordie Lad ) and Perez ( Geordie to be, he can do the accent ) up front from the start.

• Marty-Toon

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Charlie.
    It’s lose- if you lose a game.
    Loose is more like- my shoelaces are loose

• Lucky Les

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Charlie
    Why are Aston Villa’s fixtures not shown?
    QPR go there on Tuesday then play Chelsea.Two defeats in these games would be helpful.We need the current bottom three to keep losing .