Palace 5th Top – Magpies 3rd Bottom – This Year

The reddit.com site have just published the league table since Alan Pardew joined Crystal Palace earlier this year, and that seems to be all but the New Years Day game  – and the standings are very interesting.

Stoke City v Crystal Palace - Premier League

Alan Pardew – very successful at Crystal Palace

Here is the league table since the second league game this year with Crystal Palace up in 5th place but Newcastle 3rd bottom with a goal difference of -10, the second worst to Aston Villa, who are bottom of the league in that time

YfR6jM1 The Premier League table since Alan Pardew left Newcastle for Crystal Palace [Graphic]

It also shows Sunderland two places above Newcastle in 5th bottom place with one point more.

Newcastle have only 8 points form 11 games and if we included the New year’s Day 3-3 home draw with Burnley it would be 9 points from 12 games.

This is rather a damning statistic on just how poorly John Carver has done at Newcastle, and it was always a risk to appoint a coach with no record at the top level of coaching.

But Newcastle always seem willing to take these risks, and that’s what worries the heck out of us – so to speak.

Newcastle must get their act together for next season, always assuming we are still in the Premier League then.

Notice in the league table how well West Brom have done under Tony Pulis and even Leicester City are above Newcastle, and they are almost certain to be relegated – aren’t they?

And if we took the same 11 games last season – when we didn’t do too well –  we still had 13 points.

If Alan Pardew keeps up his record at Palace for the next seven games, he could again be Manager of the Year – just like Tony Pulis was at Palace last year – for doing a similar thing.

And if that happens we wouldn’t be surprised if a bigger club comes in and tries to hire him away from Palace this summer.

No – it will not be Newcastle.

But it’s a hint that Newcastle’ policies are not conducive to the manager being successful.

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• Lindisfarne

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Did Ed catch you out – took y’all a long time!

• optimistic prime

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Well done Ashley for learning lessons and not getting us into a similar situation to two years ago….. Errrrr

• optimistic prime

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:59 AM

I fact was it two years ago?
    I’ve been having this re occurring nightmare I think

• martoon

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Repost:
    Lilongwe – I agree with most of what you say – and I’ve started following AshleyOut but I feel people like Jeff (who I’ve had arguments with in the past) should be allowed to argue their case without threatening to ban them.
    I also get fed up of being blamed (as a ST holder) for all the current problems by people who have never set foot in SJP! I am quite prepared to take part in protests etc. but being on DD I’ve already committed to next season back in February before things got really bad.

• WWSBRD

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:03 PM

So we are all thinking it, am just going to say it…Pardew getting the Palace job had a massive impact on Man City

• Lindisfarne

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:04 PM

martoon

I sympathise with you as I don’t believe that most people on this blog appreciate the size of the SJP crowd, because they have never experienced it and do not appreciate that it is not just one mass of singularly minded fans.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:07 PM

martoon,
    I’ve argued for the case of season ticket holders regularly on here. Michael Martin, in the article that MacToon posted yesterday echoed my thoughts. Those who have stopped going to the ground have given up their voice. I wouldn’t have a go at those who go, or those who boycott, it is up to each to decide what they think is best. The boycott should be the last resort in my opinion though.

I’m not interested in banning people with different opinions, or stopping engaging in debate, provided that is what it is. I’ve no interested in getting embroiled in a slanging match, and chucking insults at other posters.

• Average_Contents

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Martoon

That poster you mentioned doesn’t have a case. It’s sole intention is to cause disharmony. Quite sad really.

On your purchasing of a season ticket before things got really bad. This is of course your perogative but to say “before things got really bad” is a bit pointless.

They’ve been bad for years with serial under-investment. How bad would things have to get before you reconsidered. We’ve been short of quality players for some years and people have been continually lied to, cheated and had their patience tested so again what constitutes bad in your eyes?

• jayphoto

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:11 PM

wouldn’t have Pardew back, ever. Fair play on him doing well. I think he would have been far more successful if he had been allowed the players he needed to suit his style. ie: Pace, pace and more pace to sit deep and counter attack rapidly.
    Thing with pardew here was he couldn’t use the players Carr was bringing in. There was obviously a difference in opinion on playing philosophy between him and Carr and they didn’t work well together. Neither Carr nor Pardew seemed adaptable to work to what the other bought to the table.
    This is really why Carr should have complete control over managerial appointments. They need to be on the same page. Apparantly McLaren is? not a Schteve fan but Derby fans love him. He’d be the best manager Ashley has appointed in 8 years

• Lindisfarne

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:17 PM

AshleyOut is a blunt slogan, with a limited opportunity for success and consequently will take a lot of energy to maintain its momentum, against a largely apathetic crowd. However at least it is attempting to do something, is a rallying call for all those who want to see change and will hopefully make things more uncomfortable for the owner.

I do not expect him to take responsibility for the way he has made the supporters feel and is more than likely to seek an even more corrupt buyer. I therefore think that the protest should ultimately be about a change for the better through an expression of how badly we all feel let down by the current regime. Potentially a new and equitable era of joint respect could be created between the owner and fans.

• lochinvar

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Player power these days is out of control, just take a look at Man Utd, Liverpool etc.
    Sunderland players went walk about against Villa.
    Newcastle players went walk about against Sunderland.
    Speaks volumes.
    Carver has been handed ( or nicked ) the poisoned chalice – he’s on low wages and hasn’t the stature or experience to handle millionaire level players some with egos bigger that they can handle.
    Only way is to fight fire with fire – install a TOP Manager and coaching staff and watch the players respond.

• BandB

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM

martoon,

It is absolutely your right to exercise your freedom of choice over when or if you say enough is enough.

But it does not infringe your rights for others to offer observations on your choices on a public site you choose to be on, if they do so without personal abuse.

I left a paid for seat empty for nearly a whole year. I got a Saturday volunteer job to help break the pangs. I felt doubly pleased that my seat would actually be empty.

You buy your child a toy. It turns out to be sub-standard, shabby, falling to pieces and therefore no fun to play with.
    Do you then say, “I’ve bought it now, she’ll have to play with it!”

• Mister Tuff

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM

Geordies need to regain their pride by joining the fight against Mr Tubbs and his despotic empire. Stop being whimpish with thoughts of defeat.
    Better to go down fighting than not fighting at all.
    One day you may be able to say with pride – “I took part in bringing Ashley down” or “I was there” accompanied by sticking your chest out.
    Don’t let Tubbs steal your pride -rise up!

• BandB

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Lindy,

I quite like the slogan in the Guardian cartoon today.

“Sort it out Ashley or we might briefly consider not renewing our season tickets. Only briefly, mind!”

• leonado_keng

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:20 PM

Mike GET OUT!!!!!!!!

• jon.c

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:37 PM

please remember certain people hounded out AP and players brought in were rubbish and he could not motivate them look now he has a free hand and results are there to see.JC is rubbish but try and be positive and hope we can get a few more points on board