Great News – Star Player Fit For Crucial Liverpool Game

There’s some good news today that probably our best player this season – Daryl Janmaat – will be fit to play at Liverpool next Monday night.

Daryl Janmaat +Sunderland+v+Newcastle+United+Sk_PClNmzahl

Daryl Janmaat – fit for Liverpool game

The Shields Gazette has just reported the fear that Daryl would be out with his calf injury are unfounded, and he is fit to play after seeming to pick up a calf problem in the warm-up on Sunday at the Stadium of Light.

It’s important we have Daryl available, since in Coloccini’s absence, he has shown he is a very good center-back, and was one of the few players who could hold his head up after Sunday’s disastrous result.

He was second in our Man of the Match pill behind only Jonas – who also showed guts and courage on Sunday and had a good game.

Daryl was our signing of the summer last year for just £5M from Feyenoord, and he more than adequately replaced Mathieu Debuchy.

Mehdi Abeid was fit for the Sunderland game, but Jonas was preferred in central midfield, and that could also be the case at Anfield.

We should hear on Saturday at John Carver’s news conference if Rolando Aarons is fit to play – after he has been out since November 1st with hamstring problems.

We really need a will-o’-the-wisp player like Rolando – and of course he can score goals too – and we need them – with just two goals scored in our last six games.

🙁

Having Rolando Aarons fully fit would be huge boost for Newcastle – so we’re hoping he is fit to play on Monday night, but if he isn’t then hopefully he will be available over our last six games – four of which are at home.

Our fans can make the difference in those games.

Howay The Lads!!

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• Ron Knee

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Damn! I thought it was about Aarons.

• optimistic prime

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Think of all the impossible tasks mankind has achieved after being told they where impossible.

The flat earth society need to be carefull, as they may end up looking very silly.

Black arm bands is a good idea, easy to achieve. Hi viz to.

Why not just all wear SD bags, that’s what he wants.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Ed

You and some others are very fickle and have extremely selective memories re-Pardew.

Pardew always has a good initial impact wherever he goes.

Then AP starts drinking his own bath water, his ego takes over and inevitably his total lack of any plan B is exposed and record breaking losing streaks ensue thereafter, with god awful containment football and negative tactics all thrown in for our delectation.

At the moment AP is being compared against a total douchebag in Carver!!

• swemag

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Last night Montreal made it to the CONCACAF Champions League final.
    I am just glad I have something else to follow while trying to forget about Toons dire situation…

• Rotonda heights

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:04 PM

I think these Ashley out guys are to be applauded.

all the people putting them down have nothing constructive to offer themselves.

• kdogg85

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:06 PM

If Aarons is fit i hope he goes for.
    ……………………………………Krul…………………………………….
    Anita…………….Janmaat…………..Williamson……..Jonas G
    ………………………….Abeid…….Colback…………………………..
    …..Sissoko…………………..Cabella……………….Aarons……….
    ………………………………….Perez…………………………………
    Might as well try Anita at right back. Has played there before and its not like things can much worse. Same with Gutierez at left back. Give Janmaat the captains armband too.

• 89Norcal

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:08 PM

One thing fat Ashley hasn’t considered in his tight-fisted strategy is that we will soon be classed as a dead-end club, which is worse than being the stepping stone club we were. Going to be a bit tougher to profit off transfers if players dont join in the first place.

• optimistic prime

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:08 PM

RH

Tuff said similar the other day, all the stupid articles if you put NUFC and Palace points together.

What a joke, if me aunty had balls she’d be my uncle.

Waste of time, better things to think about. Diapers for instance.

• jimiley

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Great news Janmaat is fit. Talk about grasping at straws!!!!! And Riviere scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sickandtired

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Pretty disgusted with Ed’s one sided view here. If the majority are unhappy then he and others should be getting behind the movement.
    An overseas expat telling people not to support the movement is the biggest irony of all.
    Stand up for the Club and even if you still go to the match, make your dissent heard and seen in the ground.

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:13 PM

I’m amazed at some of the posts on earlier articles.

People seem to think that Ashley “fell out of love” with Newcastle.

Some also seem to think that he’s simply trying to get us to be self sufficient like Arsenal.

Are they mad? I think it was a cynical marketing exercise from day 1. You get your ‘brand’ shown on TVs around the world every 2 weeks for a lot less money than it would cost for worldwide advertising campaigns. The best example of this was when we played a Greek side in the Europa qualifiers- EVERY SINGLE advertising board was changed to “SportsDirect.GR”!

Imagine your local cricket/ rugby/ shove ha’penny club not actually caring about the sport. That the main purpose of that club is now effectively a side issue….

The club is seriously dying. This club will destroy players’ careers and for their own sake, if I had no affection for the club, I’d warn them to get out asap. Imagine them looking back at their careers: “Well, no son I never won anything, but we did get several new SportsDirect regional internet sites opened up”.

Which just shows what a callous man Ashley is. The love and pastime of thousands of people in an area he doesn’t know and he just guts the whole thing to serve his own greedy purpose.

• jimiley

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:17 PM

The last thing we want to do is get behind this regime. To keep Ashley in charge of a Premier league team? Ed Harrison is a covert Ashley man. Sickening.

• BandB

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM

nearly,

(from last thread)

If you loved your family, but were going blind and the worst driver in the family, would you still insist on driving them around?

Real love comes in realizing that you are hurting what you love, in spite of your best intentions.

• optimistic prime

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Go nufc

I totally agree.

I wonder if he gets outside contractors or club staff to change all his free adds, hmmm.

• optimistic prime

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:38 PM

• manxpie

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Sorry but if pardew and palace were doing shite there’d be countless posts on here after every one of there games!
    The fact is the Ashleyout site should have been done 6 months ago and all efforts put into it then but at least it’s here now
    but with only a few home games left there’s not much time to get a proper message across I just hope that a huge number of fans get behind the spurs protest Iin every way they can

• Rotonda heights

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:49 PM

a boycott is the one thing that’s never been tried so what have we got to lose. It may very well not work but we’ll never know if we don’t try

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM

sickandtired.
    I must say whilst it’s Ed’s blog and he can post what he wants when I read his header he mentioned the Ashley out “crew”. Why didn’t he say group?
    Whilst there are different meanings of crew, in the context of his writings I took the word to be a slightly sneering attempt by Ed to be derogatory towards the AO group. Crew could be a group working together but also a subordinate group for example. Company men in upper to top management dislike plebians not knowing their places!

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM

manx – protests at SJP will only ever have a chance of being “successful” accompanied by dire and I mean dire football with losses over a sustained period.
    We may be reaching that point now for some, for others it may have started in January. But as you say it’s here now.

• DokToon

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM

OP,

brilliantly written article, ty for linking it

• Ianyd

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:01 PM

This situation is so bad with nufc. I fear the worst

• lochinvar

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Aaarons miraculous recovery just in time to be window shopped (especially if he scores and we win ) at Liverpool as a ready made replacement for Sterling when he jumps ship.

Cynical , moi ?

• optimistic prime

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Dok

No problem, the only thing I’d say is instead of listening to the radio or going to the pub etc instead, go stand in Leazes park or outside the ground if you can.

Empty ground with everyone outside would be nice IMO

• DokToon

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM

ill stand outside my house in Houston and watch thru the windows if it will help 🙂

• manxpie

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Aye tuff i just feel it could have been done earlier as i said at the time of the pardew out launch “where’s the Ashleyout site?”

People who do attend I feel should just continually chant “someone buy our club” or something of that context instead of abuse
    would get a message across and show us in a much better light

• Average_Contents

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:43 PM

RH

They’ve got nothing else to put forward apart from support the team because we’re in deep doo doo.

We’ve been like this for years so why NOT now? No excuses. He needs showing that his running of the club on the bare minimum isn’t acceptable.

I’m off again. The garden isn’t done yet 😐

• optimistic prime

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Dok

Haha, if you have a ticket and aren’t going to go, stand outside.

• Belfast

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Ed doesn’t sound like he’s joining the Ashley out crew lol

• mindshaft

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Well at 151 / 1 odds against relegation, it’s prob worth sticking £20 quid on… hard to see us picking up another point

• roblee7

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Sorry Ed, really don’t understand your views on the Ashley Out campaign. I have read your articles for a few years now and more often than not, you have been massively critical, like most, about Ashley and the way he runs our club. And the ‘Ashley Out crew’ seems to be the majority, I would say people with your opinion are in the minority generally. And all this about ‘the fans need to get behind the team’ nonsense, the fans have done more than enough in their support for the team under Ashley. We have no team left to support for gods sake! Just a bunch of Sports Direct type bargain buys, dished up by the great MA. Sorry but the fans deserve better Ed and I can’t help but think you’ve jumped the gun a bit on this one for some reason. ANY movement that could potentially remove this disease from our club can only be a good thing, no matter what. I’d personally prefer us to be in League 2 without MA at the helm. At least you’d see a bit of fight, pride and passion, things that seemingly no longer exist at our club

• DokToon

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:59 PM

being I live in texas, im pretty certain I don’t have one… but ill stand with you all in spirit… pint in my hand as well

• roblee7

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:01 PM

‘Our fans can make the difference in those games’ – final sentence – was nearly sick reading that! How many times have we heard that over the years?

• roblee7

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Oh and Ed, St James’ Park is so quiet nowadays it may as well be empty!! No word of a lie, its the quietest since I can remember

• John Tudor

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:10 PM

go to the suds game but dont go in make as much noise outside the ground force the cameras ans commentary team to make them well aware of the shit going on here

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:10 PM

roblee7 – can you answer this one for me as it’s always made me wonder the reasons why – I recall you sell shirts.
    Why don’t fans buy their Toon tops from these companies that sell the older classic shirts. I understand that with the latest shirts Mr Tubbs has the trademark/copyright and earns extra dosh.
    Are there any reasons why these older shirts are not more popular.
    My classic shirt was the blue star shirt Thought it was the best design ever – although I do not know if you can get a copy of it from a non Tubbs outlet

• hibbit

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:12 PM

interesting the flood of pro ashley posters on here today and most of them long time reader but first time poster…….. i don’t think so

• Macas

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:14 PM

roblee7 – If we ended up in League 2 I get the feeling we wouldn’t have been displaying very much fight, pride or passion

• roblee7

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Mister Tuff – Yeah I sell shirts 🙂 I have the blue star one now. When I first started selling the vintage shirts it was quite hard but I would say vintage shirts have risen in popularity a lot recently, particularly with NUFC fans who refuse to wear Wonga. Funny, I’m just about to stick a ‘blue star’ home shirt on the site now 🙂 But yes, if EVERYONE stopped buying the new shirts, not going to happen I know, then it would be good for sellers like me and bad for scum like Ashley…good thinking 🙂

• andrew84

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Ed

As with a few others on here I’m very confused by your comments.

You take every opportunity to have a go at MA, I certainly remember when we were protesting about Pardew you pointed out that it should be MA we target.

Now people are starting to properly do that, you denounce what they’re doing? Why?

The people adopting the view that the fans should not be protesting, frankly need to start chipping in with their own ideas. Put up or shut up, it really is that simple.

Best of luck to the Ashley Out ‘crew’, I cannot be there but I WILL be donating.

• roblee7

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Macas – You know what I mean, if it meant starting all over again to get rid of Ashley, then so be it IMO. Obviously I’d prefer him to sell up whilst we’re still a Premier LEague club of course but I fear as long as we’re a Premier League club, he won’t sell up