What Happens Now With This Newcastle Youngster?

We shouldn’t really call Harris Vuckic a youngster now since he’s 22 and turns 23 in August, but it’s good to see Haris doing well at Rangers FC, and he’s helped them by scoring some crucial goals.

haris vuckic rangers

Haris Vuckic – has done well for Rangers

Last Sunday Rangers beat Championship leaders Hearts 2-1, and Vuckic scored after 38 minutes to put the home side 2-0 up, and the win puts Rangers back to second top of the league on 55 points, but they are still a massive 23 points behind Hearts, who have won the Championship and automatic promotion.

But new manager Stuart McCall seems to be having an impact now, and they are on a three game winning run, and it’s good to be in form before the play-offs.

Haris has shone in Scotland – maybe because he’s playing regular football – and we could have done with him at Newcastle to help us out – since we are having big trouble scoring goals.

There has been news in the Scottish Press in the last day or two that Haris wants to join Rangers full time – but he still has a year left on his contract and we would hope Vuckic is given a chance in pre-season.

This is what Haris has said about his future today:

“It’s not true that I’m going to quit Newcastle and stay at Ibrox. What I have always said that I respect both clubs – Newcastle because I still have a contract with them and Rangers because I have a loan deal here.”

“We will see what is going to happen in the summer but Newcastle have to say what options I have.”  “I will choose the best one for me.”  “If Newcastle let me go, would I like to stay at Rangers? That would be a good option for me.”

“At Newcastle, I didn’t have the chance to play first-team football. When I signed for Rangers I got that experience. I’m playing every week and scoring goals.”  “If I can do that next season that would be a great option for me.”

“I like the feel of Rangers. Every player doesn’t want to just train on the training ground, they want to be recognised in the games and score goals. They want to be recognised in the city.”

“At Newcastle I was playing U-21 level which is not really my level. I feel I’m above that. I want to play first-team. I want to play with the men, not the kids.”  “I want to be recognized if I do well and score goals – that’s what players want.”

Newcastle are still not ready to give these lads a chance in the side, and John Carver is one who has said some of our other youngsters at Newcastle are not ready for the first team.

Well they’ll never be ready if they aren’t given a chance in the first team.

Haris came to Newcastle as a 16 year-old and recognized as one of the best players at his age in Europe back in January, 2009.

But his tremendous promise hasn’t been fulfilled mainly due to a number of injuries,  but he has wonderful skills and seems to have bulked up physically, and playing in the Scottish Championship will have toughened him up – maybe exactly what he needed.

We do hope that Newcastle will give him a chance and not just allow him to leave in the summer – as a number of other players – both young and old – will definitely be shipped out, after another woeful season on Tyneside.

Haris has appeared 10 times for Rangers and has scored six goals – and we are hoping he can help get them promotion via the play-offs and then Rangers will be back where they rightfully belong.

Then they can strengthen their squad in the summer and hopefully be good enough immediately to challenge for the Scottish Premier League title again.

And if they are promoted we’ll see what happens then – and certainly one possibility is that Vuckic could join Rangers full time – but we’d like Haris to be given a chance in Newcastle’s pre-season first – a real chance to show what he can do.

Maybe one reason for our failure to bring youngsters through to the first team is that we just haven’t given a lot of them a chance?

Finally, Haris has played 19 times for the Newcastle first team with one goal.

What do you think?

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• toonbrother

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Who cares he’s rubbish
    Oh By the way

WIthout COLO
    6 Goals conceded in 6 Games

With COLO
    51 Goals conceded in 30 Games

Men Lie.
    Women Lie
    Numbers don’t

• LeedsMag

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:16 PM

We should care that he will go the same way as just about every young player who comes through our club.I believe ,injuries aside ,he has the ability, but we dont have a structure at this club that develops and brings through talent.Then we all throw names around on who we want in as established stars for instant success – our strategy – if there is one – hasnt worked yet and it wont

• scout

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Vukic haha we really are struggling if you wish him back Ed. 52,000 at home games we should have remy and ba up front.

I have some advice for you all

DONT LET THEM DUMB YOU DOWN

thats what they’re doing and its worked on you Ed, get a grip lad

• bettyswallocks

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:25 PM

I wish I was in better health so I could help with the campaign to oust this pig.

Firebug I totally agree that we have to target his real passion and main concern in life .
    If Sports Direct and the shareholders thereof are affected adversely by whatever we can do to expose his total disregard for other human beings, he might just decide that it’s not worth all the hassle.

This will need to be well thought out and pursued relentlessly.

I will try to expose some of his behaviour with regards to the poor sods who are exploited in the manufacturing of his tat.

In the meantime let’s all stay strong, determined and United and support the good initiative shown by A.O. H.W.T.L.

• scout

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:29 PM

If I can be of any assistance just let me know. Im based south of London. I am available every weekend. You can count on me.

• PennStateToon

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Am certainly in the minority here but can’t see how a year of profit is suddenly the catalyst for a wild spending spree….when you’ve had years of massive losses and then finally turn a profit, it’d be foolish to invest all of that profit at once. Having said that, if a few more years of scrimping and uninspiring football gets us onto a platform for years and years of success in the future, I’d rather take the lumps now. I don’t think that’s too crazy

• BandB

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:39 PM

1 Go into your nearest branch of Sports Direct.

2 Take at least 15 mins to try on and eventually choose three pairs of shoes.

3 Let them put them through the till.

4 At the last minute, ask if they could get you another pair of the blue ones in a size eight.

5 Quibble about whether the carrier bag is free.

6 Sheepishly admit you’ve left your wallet/ purse in the car and will need to fetch it.

7 Go home.

Do this in you spare time. I’ve tried it.

They don’t like it.

• scout

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM

B and B

class

• BandB

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:53 PM

scout,

I can vouch that the rush of petty revenge you feel as you leave the shop can set you to rights for weeks.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:53 PM

B and B, Excellent idea especially if such disruption can be co ordinated en masse.

There are lots of ways to piss him off if we pool ideas. He is obviously aware of the planned demo and will no doubt be dismissing it as a minor setback.

This will probably make him more stubborn and determined to sit tight for the long haul just to spite us.

As long as we stay within the law and keep chipping away at his beloved SD then he will have to react.

• BandB

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:56 PM

If you can keep your nerve it is actually very enjoyable to take it stage by stage. And you can tie up several staff for up to half an hour on your own.

• firebug666

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:56 PM

BandB

LMAO!

Just take half a dozen things to the till and offer them a quid for it like the Rangers fans did.

Drove them and Ashley mad.

• firebug666

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:02 PM

BandB

With me being disabled, I think I could tie them up for about an hour, if they try to leave me for to serve someone else I’ll start scream about discrimination.

• BandB

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Could a few brave souls give it a go and report back to the blog.

You can do it virtually no matter where you live.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Anything that can make Ashley’s life miserable is worth doing. As long as he understands where it’s coming from and what we want. Ashley out.

• firebug666

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:07 PM

At the end of your attempted service in the SD shop every fan refuses to pay for one reason or another, and just hands over a piece of paper or card with Ashley Out on it.

That way the message will be loud and clear.

• BandB

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:07 PM

G2

Maybe AO.Com could do a run of calling cards we could casually drop in the remaindered socks basket on the way out.

Like the Black Magic advert.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Nobody said anything about a wild spending spree PennState. Have you looked at our squad lately? We have one half decent experienced striker. One. We have no top CB’s. None. We have crap for wingers. Crap. Money must be spent in a proper way but now with the squad in a shambles it will have to be spent. And we haven’t only had one year of profit. And part of this year’s profit is being hidden in some way. Wake up PennState. You’re being hoodwinked. It’s what Ashley does best.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:13 PM

BandB…That gave me a smile. If only SD did cheap flights, I could fly over and visit a SD store. Sounds an enjoyable half hour. Must be tough to keep a straight face mind.

So, how we doing blog? Do we have an explanation of increased costs yet? Does the club even know we’ve noticed the difference? It’s just small change mind, a competent CB, perhaps a decent goal scoring ST, you know, the amount of money you find underneath the sofa.

Perhaps they messed up a zero somewhere?

• scout

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Im gonna try my luck at the weekend, purely for personal gratification.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:16 PM

If we can coordinate enough people to take up B and B s suggestion and then leave the Ashley Out cards instead of making a purchase then put yourself in fatsos shoes. He will be seriously riled .

If we can recruit enough people to do this somehow for the foreseeable future, he will have to respond.
    What a fantastic idea. All credit to Band B and Firebug. Pure genius.

He

• scout

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Shrewsbury players now, they dumbing you down. Dont let them dumb you down.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Nobody actually still believes that Ashley is interested in the club for it’s own sake do they? Nobody really believes he wants to win silverware? That he wants a team we can be proud of? Surely not. If anyone does believe that please respond now and we can talk about it. Your mental state can be cured. And no, the earth isn’t flat either.

• firebug666

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:17 PM

scout

Me too mate, I shall wreak havoc in that Sports Defect and see how long I can keep them on the hook before giving them a calling card.

• DokToon

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:18 PM

BandB…

I bow to your genius, genius I say!!!!

people are looking at me, wondering why I am cracking up laughing right now 🙂

thank you !!!

• scout

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Can you try clothing on in a SD Branch??

• sparky55

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM

you have more protection as a consumer buying via the internet than you do buying from a store. You have longer to send the gear back, you’re entitle to a full refund saying it doesn’t fit, and they have no recourse.

You can order sh!t loads of gear on internet, pay for, receive it and then send it back and get all your money back. If you order over a certain amount it”s free delivery and when you send it all back it’ll have cost them dearly.

It’s a proper pain in the arse to them when stuff is sent back so that’s another way to disrupt them and it’s costs them a lot more than going into a shop a mess them about as that’s not really cost them anything, but if you order over the internet, they’ve had to process the order, pick it, despatch it, then receive it back again and refund you…a proper pain in the arse

• DokToon

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Ibiza…

apparently they forgot to carry the “1”, and instead, added a few obtuse digits to confuse us brilliant minds…

• firebug666

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:21 PM

scout

Not sure but I will have them putting shoes on me for a good 30 minutes. Should be fun.

• BandB

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:21 PM

You don’t need to leave any kind of calling card. You don’t need anyone else to back you up. You can do it at your whim, and unlike the Rangers idea, you could spin it out all day if you felt inclined.

You can improvise, you can do it as a family challenge, or before you go to the match.

It does cheer you up no end.

• scout

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Thinking full kit and boots on then alarm randomly goes off haha

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:24 PM

BandB
    Would it work in Biafra ?

• GeordieTwo

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:24 PM

It’s strange how little we see ToonDarnSarf on here these days. With the club doing so well under Ashley it’s odd that he isn’t on here bragging about it. There were a few others as well who seem to have disappeared. Come on back lads. We want to hear from you.

• firebug666

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:25 PM

scout

Ahhh, Freebies; pmfsl.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:25 PM

I’m not being funny but I don’t think ashley will going anywhere for the time being, I’m mean correct me if I’m wrong but don’t newcastle still owe ashley money.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Dok…1 is that number before 2, right? These number thingys sure are confusing 🙂

Scout…That would disrupt them no end. I bet he’d have the returns policy amended fairly quick mind. People best check the conditions regarding returning goods before giving the greedy git anymore money. Still, if checked, would be a costly and timely disruption.

• scout

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Why does he bother Ashley, wastes his valuable time being a billionaire watching crap on the pitch every week.
    Just quit and take your lackie with you.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Our goal difference for the previous 2 seasons: -16 (10th), -23 (16th). This season to date -16 (13th). Very impressive. Top class club Ashley. The way you’re building season after season towards greatness.

• BandB

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:30 PM

My point really, is that we can all do something.

It doesn’t need to be a big organised set-to.

Guerrilla war.

Anyway, I’m off to catch up on Midsomer Murders and get my man’s tea on the table.

• firebug666

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:30 PM

welshie

Mike Ashley’s Newcastle owe Mash holdings £129 million, of which the interest is offset to allow Mike Ashley to sponsor SD with FREE advertising.

Greedy fat man will have to cover his own costs.