We Need The Newcastle Fans Behind The Team

John Carver cannot exactly be over the moon that the anonymous Sack Pardew crew – that’s the group who saved Crystal Palace this season –  are now onto their next project, and it’s to get Newcastle fans to boycott the remaining home games in an effort to oust Mike Ashley – and that presumably means to get him to put the club up for sale for a third time.

john carver at man city 5-0

John Carver –  we need fans behind the team

It’s yet another problem that interim coach John Carver has to deal with,  and John has at least been diplomatic when talking about it:

“People work hard for their money and earn their wages and I can’t dictate whether they come or not, but we need them behind the team.” “The people who do turn up get behind the team.”

“We’ve seen how it makes such a difference.” “People will do what they want to do and people love this club, and as long as we give our all they will back us.”

“People are entitled to do what they want to do, I can’t do anything about that.”  “I’ll be focused on the team and things like that won’t affect me.”

“If we get a decent finish to the season it can carry on into the new season and there might be a few new players to take us forward because we’re going to invest in the summer.”

When there have been boycotts in the past they have not particularly been widely supported, and with Newcastle still not safe from relegation, we’d be surprised if many stay away – although that could happen given the anger and frustration that surrounds owner Mike Ashley, and the frugal methods he uses at Newcastle.

There may even be some good news regarding the squad shortly, with Colo back from suspension after the Liverpool game, and 19 year-old Rolando Aarons said to be close to being fully fit again, although he will miss the Liverpool game, and Siem de Jong is also back in full training.

We need a win as soon as possible.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Liverpool?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Do You Want To See Steve McClaren As Newcastle's New Head Coach?

• No (73%, 6,518 Votes)
  • Yes (27%, 2,462 Votes)

Total Voters: 8,980

Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• optimistic prime

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:48 PM

No John we need you and your players pulling your weight.

In the derby the captain you chose didn’t make one tackle.

I can’t beleive anybody would support a bunch of cowards who couldn’t give a toss about the club after the crap they’ve served up for at least 18months.

Talk is cheap, just like the clubs attitude.

• spitfire_

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:48 PM

This guy became a joke much much faster than pardew.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Ed, I don’t think you understand how angry everyone actually is, the team need five points out of a possible 35 if they can’t manage that even playing behind closed doors then they don’t deserve their wages, how many times have thousands of away fans and tens of thousand home fans been let down by these bunch of spineless mercanaries.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:49 PM

21 points

• optimistic prime

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Eds had a hard time of late, I’d like to take this moment to thank him for writing a new thread as looking at the SMB badge was really getting on my tits.

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:52 PM

The gobshites are going to be totally outmanoeurved by the the club . If Siem de Jong plays they can kiss their jamboree/demo goodbye

• Sazzer

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:54 PM

“There’s something in the DNA because we have had different managers, but we have had almost the same group of players. There are a lot of those players who have had experience – and I did talk about it before the game – but there are not many ‘W’s next to their names.”

All of them have more W’s than you do John Carver and you didn’t even take them off even if you thought they are to blame. Sure you can’t make 6 or 7 subs but at least make 3 before 10 minutes left before you say that you tried everything and it’s not your fault.

• optimistic prime

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Jeff

Hahahahahahaha, you been taking lessons off welsh?

IF is the biggest word in football Jeffrey.

Considering JC has him in double sessions it’s probably safe to say he’ll be injured again before we see him play.

Remember one man don’t make a team, so unless he becomes HC your talking BS again.

Poor baby is it getting to you?

• sickandtired

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Does anyone really want to get behind the man who does this? For sure he’s doing it here as well.

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:01 PM

outmanoeuvred
    it didn’t look right
    and I was right

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:03 PM

OP save your sympathy for yersel
    This boycott is going to be the biggest laughable damp squid you’ve ever seen.

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:04 PM

squib even

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Is it just me or are JC actually giving more interviews than AP?

…I thought Mini Ashley was suppose to handle more the media coverage this time around?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM

“We dare you to mean a single word you say
    Feel free if you’ve time to try and change our minds
    You might wanna duck before you lose your head
    It seems we’re the ones who’s got the guts to bleed
    It’s not number one who will come out alive
    It’s the freak in the corner with his eyes on fire
    Let’s kill NUFC before it kills us all”

• hibbit

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:10 PM

lesh the mood has gone down hill since sunday

• optimistic prime

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Jeff

When did google start predicting the future?

• lesh

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Sickandtired

What’s the status of the NUFC brand I wonder?

It seems that Ashley only see things in monetary terms and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s got his family mortgaged up to the hilt!

Obviously nothing’s sacred I his eyes.

• hibbit

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:13 PM

jeffrey still not practising what you preach WUM

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Well so much for the new Rangers boards forensic search – it took the thick sectarians 17 days to find out they own no intellectual property in the club – doh

• Transfer Sage

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM

I’ve got to say that personally a boycott of a single game isn’t the answer, it will do very little. It needs to be part of a sustained campaign.

I know people say Ashley won’t care and they are right, he won’t care about individual protests, what will bother his is week in week out protests. Whether they be boycotts, sit ins, pre game marches, walk outs, media campaigns or anything else, even something basic like sticking a block over the Wonga on fan shirts.

Nobody likes sustained pressure.criticism, even if it doesn’t bother him personally the negative attention he will get from colleagues, friends, other businessmen, etc will wear him down. These campaigns take time.

• sing in the corner

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:17 PM

I have to agree with Jail and others when they say wether it ‘works’ or not isn’t the most important thing. Opposition has to be registered and this is the time to do it. I know its ‘only’ sport but history is littered with people walking meekly towards the abyss, accepting their fate. I’m glad that a significant number appear to be standing up and being counted.

• lesh

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Hobbit

If the mood’s gone downhill since Sunday, it must be at rock-bottom now.

Does Ashley realise the impact if his actions on the community? Does he care?

If he does indeed have a constructive strategy for the Club, it would help take the heat if he explained it.

But, holding one’s breath in anticipation’s not very bright I suppose.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:20 PM

As for Carver, the man is getting worse. I lost all faith in him as soon as he said that the 6 players were injured for the leicester FA cup game.

I have family who take grandkids to academy training who were personally told by Peter Beardsley that the players refused to travel to that game as they hadn’t been selected, you simply would expect 6 injured players to travel to a game. The reason they refused was they wanted nothing to do with the match if they were not allowed to play.

It’s a total disgrace how he can openly lie to us fans then claim to be a true fan himself. I understand it’s also a job for him, pays the mortgage, feeds the family etc, but don’t tell us your a real fan if you are willing to peddle the lies of the regime.

• lesh

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Jesper

Carver is spewing out quotes and what I think we’re seeing is him acting as the Club mouthpiece and him being like a trapped animal fighting for its life

• Transfer Sage

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM

“All empires fall, eventually.”
    “But why? It’s not for lack of power. In fact, it seems to be the opposite. Their power lulls them into comfort. They become undisciplined. Those who had to earn power are replaced by those who have known nothing else. Who have no comprehension of the need to rise above base desires.[”]”
    ? Max Barry, Lexicon

• hibbit

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM

lesh i don’t know about ashley but carver and charnley do so much so that charnley now has a minder

• Transfer Sage

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:23 PM

correction to post at 23

It should read

you simply wouldn’t expect injured players to travel

• optimistic prime

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Transfer

I’m unsure whether it’s a one off protest or not, I’m hoping it’s the first of many.

One won’t be enough, every game until the end of the season. Then we can regroup and decide on more action next year.

• BandB

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Hi Sage,

Where have you been hiding?
    I’ve missed your input.

• Sazzer

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Even if you don’t agree with Ashley Out campaign then start:

AshleyALLIN.com

or

InvestBigMoneyMikeAshleyORGo.com

or

Whatever you are actually supporting even if it’s:

IpreferChampionshipMikeAshley.com

BribedbyPenfoldandAshley.com

SlayMackems.com

12stepprogramforToonaddicts.com

• Ibizatoon

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:35 PM

TS…You are right, one protest is not the end game. There needs to be a sustained campaign. I actually believe there are enough fans who have had enough. Sure we all have our own ideas of how to best deal with it and we all have certain things we’re not comfortable doing.

But we can all do something. We can discuss ideas and work together for the greater good. We as fans are a team. Our club does need us and what we’ve been doing to date isn’t working. I find it incredible that fellow fans would ridicule other fans attempts to help the club. We want better for it. How anyone can twist that into being anti club is beyond me. I think they have difficulty in seperating the owner / board and the club. It’s the latter I’m interested in.

This is a really stupid question that I should know the answer to, but are you based in Newcastle?

• GeordieTwo

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:36 PM

If you want a club to be proud of in the future then all supporters will have to work hard for it. Don’t listen to a con man like Ashley. He is poison for the club. Carver is just trying to do his job but isn’t capable enough. The only way to get Ashley out and get our club back is a boycott until he sells up. Don’t believe any malarkey about things changing in the summer either. Ashley will do the minimum amount required to keep us in the Prem.

• toonbrother

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:37 PM

carver’s problem is he simply lacks the intellect to manage this team
    Any half wit could see Gouffran and Jonas in central midfield is a recipe for disaster.

The midfield trio of Colback, Abeid and Sissoko that triumphed over chelsea at SJP was available but he insisted on fitting square pegs in round holes.

Personally I don’t think he is fit to run an U-11 boys side let alone a premier league outfit

• GeordieTwo

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:38 PM

The game is up for Ashley if we stick together and demand better for the club. He only knows one way. We’ve seen 8 years of it now. Personally that’s enough of his way for me. Ashley out.

• scottoon

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:39 PM

I completely understand that each and every one of us have different motivations and/or reasons for attending or not attending a match. But it really has reached a point where drastic actions are taken. I am sure that most, like me, are utterly despondent over the complete disregard that the hierarchy shows the fans. Time to return the favour. I know that there will still be many that attend, and all I can say is I hope they show/voice their displeasure inside the stadium while the protest goes on outside.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:40 PM

Sazzer…Whilst I agree with your idea, we all need to find what we’re happy with doing, I do feel we need to try and not have too many different movements.

For me the message is clear. We’ve had enough of the misery that has become supporting NUFC. I haven’t changed, Ashley has changed the club. It’s core is missing and we want change.

What comes from that we’ll see. I always thought “Ashley Out” was too inflamatory and championed the “Time4Change” name, as it was less personal. But it doesn’t really matter what it’s called, there is no denying people aren’t happy and want change.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:44 PM

I’ve been looking at the state of the squad over the last few days and it’s a disaster. We are extremely weak all over the pitch. An Ashley lead club has been, is, and always will be a disaster. He will continue with his plan of cheap young imports, no effort in the domestic cups, and sale of any player who becomes attractive to top clubs. We will continue to be in the bottom half of the table indefinitely with this plan. Ashley out.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:49 PM

Decent players who have come in to the club and done well have been sold. I don’t have to list them I’m sure but here are a few: Cabaye, Remy, Ba, Debuchy, and on and on. Decent players who have come in and stayed have been turned into tripe. Gouffran, Tiote, and Santon are examples. Other players brought in are just tripe period. Riviere, Ferreyra, and Obertan are examples. We have dinosaurs for coaches, excuse makers for managers, and a liar as an owner. Ashley out.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:49 PM

G2…I will admit that I don’t actually disagree with the concept of our transfer policy. Nor our selling, to some extent. Most clubs sell their best players for good profits. Fans don’t like it, but it happens. It’s the decision to gamble that we’ll muddle through without properly replacing players.

I couldn’t care less if the club made money each transfer window, but not at the cost of sacrificing quality. We’re not SD. He can fill our 25 man squad all he likes, but it’s a discount box mismatch of players and not based on sporting ambition.

Harrumph?

• Ibizatoon

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:50 PM

G2…Don’t fret mate, Santon got sold too!

1 2 3 5