Newcastle Have A Chance At Liverpool – If We Can Do This

Newcastle are probably the worst performing team in the Premier League and after watching John Carver in his press conference yesterday I had my head in my hands at the end of it.

brendan rodgers -liverpool

Brendan Rodgers – Liverpool manager

One thing John said was that he was in the lift with somebody after the game – and the guy said he couldn’t believe how badly Newcastle played on Sunday,  given all the work Carver did with them the week before.

So that’s essentially a little indirect pat on the back from John Carver to John Carver (and therefore it seems to be the players fault).

But this is not about John Carver, and he needs to get the attention off himself and he needs to get out players ready for the Anfield game on Monday – we have already been shown up and disgraced by a superior Sunderland team – who were not only the better side – but the once again outfought Newcastle.

That was after we had many speeches last week from John Carver that would (definitely)  not happen – he almost guaranteed it wouldn’t happen.

But it happened.

So John’s star has definitely fallen on Tyneside, and he has to turn this thing around – and quickly too – before anxiety start to get to the players.

Liverpool are fighting for the Champions league and are really 8 points our of 4th place when you take goal difference into consideration – so they are under some pressure to get the points.

So if we can hand pon and not conceded a goal early on – we know that’s very difficult for this Newcastle side – we could even have Liverpool worried.

That’s the chance we have – to play solidly in defense, attack with 100% commitment on the break – and maybe have a bit of luck as well.

If we lose this game, which 94% of the readers think we will – it’s  going to be that much more difficult to pull ourselves out of the death spiral we may be in.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Liverpool?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• Klam3r

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:32 PM

I’ll donate my house to the KeepAshleyFoundation created by my self on tuesday if we win at Anfield on monday.

• mindshaft

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Haha – who let the nutters out the asylum and let them vote for a win – best lock them up again

• hibbit

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:37 PM

ed its liverpool at anfield it’s going to be hard away but with this team its nearly impossible

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Strange this , because I was talking to a Boro fan about 2 hours ago and he was complaining that Karanka tinkers too much with the team.

• hibbit

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:42 PM

mactoon any news ????????

• MacToon

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Yes hibbit.

• MacToon

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:45 PM

I did say there was news about st holders?

• Belfast

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Ya pregnant Mactoon?

• nastynorm

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Yes we do have a chance & it’s no chance not with this bunch useless of gutless so called footballers ! Can see sland finishing above us & us getting relegated as I can’t see us getting another point, teams were playing are actually fighting for their clubs not our bunch,were a joke from top to bottom!

• hibbit

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:55 PM

come on mactoon give us the dirty

• MacToon

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Nope Belfast and 8 question marks hibbet lol!!!!!!!!

ok, so you ring and cancel your season ticket even though you have already started paying for games you haven’t been to. It is explained that you can not receive a refund, no mention of taking you to court for cancelling but instead you are told that the money already paid will be put to one side and registered to your name for when or if you return in the future.

• Ciaran

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:56 PM

BandB

My comments were not meant as some personal slight. I know nothing of your own personal contributions over the years, how could I?

I speak of what I know. What I do know is that when leaflets were to be handed out in opposition to Mike Ashley, we were largely dismissed. When we actively convened outside SJP to protest against MA were derided as fools. When trying to take a self-deprecating approach with the open-bus parade some people said it was moronic. When a march was arranged to protest MA under 1,000 people showed up while 50,000 flocked to SJP.

Now I am expected to believe that these self-same people (many of whom went flocking into SJP following a summer “spree”) are to rise up in opposition to Mike Ashley following a pattern of results largely similar, if not identical, to the 2nd half of last season? I hope for the best, but I’ve quickly become a realist.

Mister Tuff

Maybe ours is the spring of discontent and people truly have awoken to the abyss that MA is taking us into. Maybe this is the start of something new and exciting. I truly hope that it is. I hope that a lot of fans reclaim some of the pride in our fanbase that has been battered in bruised due to the silence of the majority for these past 8 years. Maybe we’ll even get rid of him. I applaud anyone willing to do something.

As for workers and shirkers? If the cap fits.

• hibbit

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:08 PM

ciaran…the mood in the city has changed a lot since sunday people are fed up with the way the club is run a beating by liverpool or another no show by the team would make the prospect of boycott far greater

• lesh

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Mactoon

You’re a bullchitter!

• Ciaran

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Hibbit

Well I hope that’s true. However, if no one else is, for want of a better word, ashamed that it had to take 5 derby defeats in a row, no derby win in 7, as well as the barrage of s**t that MA has unloaded on us in the past 8 years before there is even a hint of a popular mass protest, then I fear the point may have been missed entirely.

• MacToon

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Nope lesh, it’s out there already and awaiting press reaction. It might appear a “non-story” but I can say it is 100% genuine.

• MacToon

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Hey Ciaran. While we’re both here mate can we clarify that we’ve not been in touch for some considerable time. I’d hate to be accused of bringing in reinforcements.
    I posted a MM article up a few times and believe B&B has assumed, incorrectly might I add, that I’d been directing them at her. I have never had a problem with anyone’s anonymity in fact I have always fully accepted and respected an individuals choice and that is the way it shall continue.

• Ciaran

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:30 PM

MacToon

I can indeed confirm that we have actually not been in touch for some months (we really need to rectify that with a pint) and even if we were, you’d know I’d not bother coming if you clicked your fingers to summon me! 😉

Anonymity always has been respected and accepted as far as I know you personally, and I would agree with you too. It would be naive to think that others will not be suspicious of those who prefer to stay in the shadows though, no matter how well intentioned said anonymity is.

• hibbit

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:31 PM

ciaran at this point it does not matter how long its taken for people to turn what matters is they have now no good going back over we must now go forward and rid the club of this monster

• Belfast

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:32 PM

That’s not what you told me in that email mactoon

• Ciaran

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Hibbit

As I mentioned earlier, I do sincerely hope that this reflects a more permanent desire for positive action among NUFC supporters. I have my reservations, but I will support people who wish to do something pro-active. What I do not support is those who will suffer temporary amnesia if the club signs a bloody centre half in the summer so we can do this all again next season!

• Billythefish

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Cricket score, in 7 years Mr Ashley and his trusted pals have given us a team of crocks and cowards. What is left to shout about other than Ashley out. No spurs game for me.

• MacToon

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Belfast ffs, they were private mails!

Thanks Ciaran, I have a grown habit of trying to pre-empt problems. That’s from a previous job I think.
    You’re right about it being too long since we’ve met for beers though and I’m back on my feet again so to speak so fingers crossed.

• Ciaran

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:47 PM

MacToon

Hope you’re well and you’re right to pre-empt the problem, god forbid anyone thought I was in cahoots with you! haha

• toonluvva

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:50 PM

The scousers must be rubbing their hands in glee.

Newcastle United Football Charity are in town.

3 points guaranteed for Mr Rodgers.

We’ll try and hang on for a draw, and perhaps nick a win. all in vain.

Liverpool will attack from the kick off and we’ll leave Perez isoalted up front fighting for scraps.

A carthorse has a better chance of winning the National than we have of winning ANY of the remaining games.