Financial Gains Made In January Will Soon Be Lost

Nothing much has worked out for Newcastle this year, and it’s going to be another less than mediocre season for Newcastle United – which is hardly out of the ordinary with Mike Ashley as the owner.

lee charnley mike ashley standing

Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley

And the financial gains made in January of roughly £12M (£4M compensation for Alan Pardew, £5.5M for Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa from Roma, and a measly reported £2.5M for Davide Santon from Inter-Milan) will soon be lost, because it has left the squad weaker and without an experienced manager in charge of the side for the second half of the season.

At the end of the year – Alan Pardew had Newcastle in 9th place after a very difficult first seven games of the season, when we didn’t win a game and had only 4 points.

But a six game winning streak brought us right back and we were fairly well positioned at the end of the year – given we had been struggling so much after the first seven games.

But the antics of the powers that be at Newcastle have again weakened the squad – and we can only assume it was done for the money – around £12M.

Newcastle are now in 13th place and both West Brom and Aston Villa could still overtake us before the end of the season, so there’s a reasonable possibility, because our inability to win games that we could finish in 15th place – or even lower.

🙁

Premier League clubs now get anywhere from £60M to £100M each May depending on various things, and one of those is their position in the league.

So roughly – we can assume that every place in the league is worth around £2M.

That means if we finish in 15th place, having dropped from 9th – we have lost £12M – so tell us again why we did those stupid deals in the January transfer window?

When mistakes like this are made, most companies come out and try to explain what happened to their customers.

But not at Newcastle.

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• Pokat

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Don’t worry about Mike he can get his chaps to massage the books to include phantom expenses like the next market hawker lol. Funny I’ve been looking at all the advertisers other clubs have in their grounds there’s loads of them must be worth a fortune but we chuck it all in Sportsy D’s bucket. For nowt nada not a bean.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Been having an interesting Twitter convo with Claude Littner, former CE at Spurs and Alan Sugar’s aide on The Apprentice. He reckons Ashley is a great bloke and a godsend to NUFC.

The free advertising issue is “petty” and “irrelevant” when you look at the “big picture”, according to him. That happens to me my thoughts.

• Pokat

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Wondering if the top brass at NUFC have decided what style of plate they prefer.

• Pokat

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:30 PM

@2 rubbish man. Some chum of Ashley turns on the charm and you eat our of his hand. It is what it is, not what they like to tell you hahaha

• Pokat

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Does that not make anyone else’s blood boil then? Some corporate div tells mags they are being petty and irrelevant because we are twisting about how Fatso messes about with our club and uses it as a funnel for Sports D while we bounce around the bottom of the league again. Funny like I thought WE were the customers it’s unreal this.

• andrew84

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:42 PM

I’ve supported Newcastle for as long as I can remember and have never felt more disillusioned that I am right now – even when we got relegated the last time I felt that we could bounce back.

But I realise now I’m just being petty and I’m missing the big picture – it is not about the football, I should be praising MA for keeping costs down (apart from a surge in costs of £28M this season which I am sure are nothing more sinister than increased match day expenses….) and revenues soaring.

Thank you to the corporate bullsh*tters for making me see the error of my ways. Ashley In!

• fatlegend

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:20 PM

You haven’t factored in wages plus it’s most likely not £2m per place.

You’ve still got a point mind but FMA will probably budget for guaranteed income and not worry about potential revenue until it’s in the bank.

• stuart no9

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:23 PM

@2 .,.. What goes he know about football . Looks like an idiot , talks like an idiot , people who believe him , ? Come to your own conclusion on the one .