Newcastle Have Significant Competition To Sign Star Winger

It could be that Swansea City are the second (or maybe third) Premier League club to make a bid for Marseilles winger Andre Ayew, who already has had offers from the likes of Newcastle United, Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Inter-Milan, and may not make a decision on which club to join for a month or so.

André Ayew

Andre Ayew – now Swansea have made bid

le10sport in France are reporting today that Swansea are the latest club to put in an offer for the 25 year-old winger/striker, who has made it clear he would preferably like to play in the Premier League next season.

A couple of years ago we wouldn’t have thought that Swansea would be any real competition to Newcastle,  but things have changed and Swansea are now a forward-looking club who have improved a lot in the last two years.

For example they were willing to pay out £13M for Wilfried Bony from Vitesse almost two years ago, when Newcastle balked at the price.

Of course 18 months later Swansea sold Wilfried to Manchester City for more than double that price, and Bony was a huge hit in the Premier League for the south Wales club.

So it could be that Swansea could beat Newcastle to Andre, unless he decides to join a club with a (much) bigger name like Inter-Milan or Borussia Dortmund – who have also made bids for the player.

There have also been reports in the past that Tottenham Hotspur have also put in an offer for the Ghanaian International winger,  and German club Wolfsburg have also made their offer to the goal-scoring winger.

Andre is a free agent in the summer after five good years with Marseilles, and he is great demand, and he already has offers from more than four clubs – including the Magpies.

This summer will be a test as to whether Newcastle can sign any of our top targets,  given the club has been in some decline over the last three years.

That’s been especially true in the second half of the season, when we have limped across the finish line in the Premier League.

Newcastle somehow need to rise up from the ashes (like that Phoenix) very quickly.

Maybe signing Andre Ayew can help us do that?

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• hibbit

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:56 PM

how do local fans feel about the line the chronicle are now taking why are the local paper so afraid of ashley….. the fans are the one’s who buy the paper and keep them in jobs not ashley maybe it’s time we reminded them of that

• bladeuser

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Turn up for the spurs game i could not give a monkeys i hope it ends 0-5 the same tonight 5-0 as i need my bet to come in
    CARVER ASHLEY SHEEP and the biggest bindipper of them all jeff from benwell OUT

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Jeff…pipe down will you and show some manners;

…there are something called blog etiquette (even though some haven’t noticed)

Belfast…I wad referring to Skunki

Catchy…it’s not a big deal for me that we disagree on SM. As long as we agree on the bigger things 🙂

• optimistic prime

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Hibbit

I am interested to see what if any coverage they give on Sunday.
    Other than that, they toed the line before the ban so I expected more of the same after.

• optimistic prime

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Jeff the bell

At it again

• midweek weekend

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:09 PM

anyone know if jamaat is fit to play tonight or not ? cause we are well and truly screwed without him, my prediction for tonight, 3-0 gutless performance.

• MadisonToon

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:10 PM

I’d be very interested in a poll structured not just on win/loss but on goal differential. Somethign like this:

Liverpool win by 4+
    Liverpool win + 3
    Liverpool win + 2
    Liverpool win + 1
    Draw
    Newcastle Win + 1
    Newcastle Win + 2
    Newcastle Win + 3
    Newcastle win by 4+

The win/loss/draw is a bit boring, especially considering two of those categories aren’t even being used in the latest poll. In the above poll, I’d end up in the Liverpool by either 2 or 3 categories. I fear I may be overestimating our defence, though…

• catchy in norway

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Jesper

and that’s the main thing , we agreed on the Big things 😉

Jeff

do you know what your even talking about ?

well we know you don’t , but anyway , back to sleep you SMB

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:19 PM

MadisonToon
    Why not have a poll on whether Carver keeps his Jacket zipped or open.
    Ha Ha Ha the pea brains that post here lol

• Mister Tuff

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:19 PM

jeffrey – I see you are at it again. Whilst I’m sure Catchy can respond himself – I think if you had read the sequence of the converation totally about SM, Catchy earlier made reference to Derby and the talk about Forest was an offshot of earlier comments – basically that Forest supporters never took to him.
    I am really getting tired of having to correct you on a daily basis, we need to be accurate in our posts as best we can and not jump in with both feet to attack someone because posts have not been read correctly.
    Seems you are more interested in attacking fellow posters than anything else and in the process have shown yourself up again.

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Mrs Tuff
    Passing a comment ridiculing another poster is not attacking anyone , I have enough brickbats thrown my way and don’t cry about it . Will you be wearing a toupee to go with your crombie and Doc Martins at Leazes Park next Sunday btw.

• optimistic prime

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Is this the start of the “we tried, couldn’t get them over the line” stories?

Can anyone remember if Swansea are one of the teams we can or can’t compete with?

No way Swansea can offer a better deal than us!

• MadisonToon

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:38 PM

MisterTuff –

I think post #9 is a pretty clear demonstration of your final point. Seems some people aren’t interested in NUFC and would rather force us to skip around their posts to find anything of use on here. The question I always ask myself when I read his posts is ‘Drunk or 12?’

• Ibizatoon

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Catchy…I do remember. We have also spoken about this exact thing since then, clearly you haven’t taken what I’ve said as genuine and still feel hard done by.

For clarification, I still maintain that whatever your points, your delivery was terrible. Whilst each person should stand up for what they believe in, that is their duty, one should try and evaluate their approach to ensure it’s success.

If this is still about me calling you “Cathy”, then you need to get past it. It was, at first, a genuine mistake. After that, it tickled me and I asked if it bothered you. You said not.

Anyway, back to point, I’m not dismissing McLaren, I’ve said I have no real opinion on him – either way.

You say most agree with you now, if I’m not mistaken, don’t you feel Ashley is basically alright and has simply made bad appointments (i.e. Pardew)?

If so, then no, I don’t think that’s the current feeling at all, but wont speak for anyone other than myself.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:44 PM

OP…Hi, have been on at differing times lately, was wondering whether you could drop me a line to ibizatoon2015@gmail.com?

• croftus5678

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:46 PM

ayew is the class of player we should be going for however we are not on a level to attract this type of player atm ! unless we offer huge amounts of money for top quality players why would any player of top quality want to come to us with our wage cap/no europe and no ambition not to mention poorly managed with our managers blaming players and putting pressure on them and making life unpleasent for them aswell as all the unrest us fans have for our club also.

it cant be a good place for any player to want to come to imo.

ashley needs to spend and declair his ambition for the club wanting to get us into europe.
    support us in major funds if/when needed to put us challenging.
    get a continental man motivator who works to the players strength’s as a coach.

then we may get the players of the caliber we want but we need that all to happen at the same time imo.

• jon.c

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:45 PM

We have 11 players going out tonight at least give support don’t be so negative Before the game how would you feel I have being in this postion and I felt s–t in the dressing room