Was Young Newcastle Fan Close To Getting Head Coach Job?

There’s been a great story published on the Aston Villa web-site,  of how a six year-old Villa fan applied for the job of manager at Aston Villa – but it turns out he didn’t get the job – and Tim Sherwood only just pipped him.

charlie pyle

Charlie Pyle – just pipped by Tim Sherwood – it was close

Six year-old Charlie Pyle applied for the job and this is the letter that Villa have published on their web-site – which he wrote to Chief Executive Tom Fox:

“I think my team talks would be very good and my tactics would be excellent,” “We need to stop the goals by getting in the way.”   “We need to score more by shooting on target.”  “This is a winning formula, so my dad says.”

“As for payment on taking the job, all I ask is for a signed claret and blue football, a WWE wrestling figure and some sweets. As a win bonus each week, I would want a Twix.”

“I would appoint my mum and dad as assistant managers so they can drive me to the training ground each day.” ” My mum is also very good at making bacon sandwiches for the players if that helps.”

“If I am successful, I would also need you to tell my school that I don’t need to attend anymore as I have a job.”

😀 😀

And would you believe it but Tim Sherwood responded to Charlie’s letter and this is what he said:

“From your letter it is clear to see that you would indeed be an ideal candidate for the job due to your knowledge of the game – and your very capable backroom staff, of course!”

“Hopefully you’re not too disappointed at missing out and I’m informed that I just managed to pip you to the post so you were very close to being offered the job.”

“Our chief executive Tom Fox has informed me that the club would like your permission to keep the letter on file ‘just in case’ – although I’m hoping I will be successful at this great football club. I will certainly be aiming to make you and all the other supporters happy.”

And after receiving Tim’s letter this is what the budding Alex Ferguson had to say on the Aston Villa web-site:

“I never expected a letter from the manager but I was absolutely delighted to get one.”

“What he wrote was brilliant – it meant a lot to me. Even the stuff about congratulating me on being a captain was really special.”

“I was really happy when he got the job because of his passion and I love him even more now. I think he will do brilliantly for the Villa. He already is!”

This reflects very well on the Aston Villa club and extremely well on Tim Sherwood, who  has been under intense pressure but it looks like he will save Villa – who have never been relegated from the Premier league.

Tim will now be able to build a good Aston Villa side for next season – all being well.

We wonder how many Newcastle youngsters applied for the Newcastle head coach job, and what their tactics would have been?

Anyway – it’s a great story.

You can follow us on our three social media sites.

• optimistic prime

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:10 PM

• optimistic prime

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Aaron’s out for season

• Ibizatoon

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:16 PM

OP…It’s okay, we have a full and capable squad for when times are hard.

• banjax

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Great football story- but hang on we could do with this young aspiring 6 year old manager at Newcastle United – there is a job going here and Mile Ashley would love his wage demands!

• optimistic prime

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Ibiza

Sweet, just gives the rest of the squad a chance to shine. Who in their right mind would drop Ameobi Obertan Sissisko or Gouffran ATM considering their blistering form?

We’ll struggle to keep that sort of quality 🙁

• hibbit

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:25 PM

op we will struggle to give that sort of quality away never mind sell

• lesh

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Just heard from an insider that Charnley’s keen on interviewing that kid for the job.

The Lad’s education is not thought to be a problem as Charnley knows where the lad can continue his schooling at night classes!

And Ashley’s agreed a remuneration package with a kilo of sweets a week from Cadbury’s rejects – plus two Twix rejects for a win.

The lad’s turned the offer down though as he wants full control of player recruitment without interference!

• BandB

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM

OP

I’d rather like an update on how Janmaat came out of last night’s game.

He was doubtful for Anfield, after clearly limping before playing the whole of the derby, and was reported with a calf strain afterwards.

I hope they aren’t pushing their luck there.

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Shows how far removed our club is from the fans, would never ever happen here. Fantastic touch by Sherwood that.

• BandB

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Spot on Charlie……Kick it in the goal.

I hope he writes to Carver.

• BandB

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Dear Charlie

Are you trying to tell me how to do my job, kid?
    Meet me outside the training ground on Monday and we’ll sort this out man to man.
    I bet you never knew Bobby Robson like what I did either.

JC

• Our Toon

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Ibiza

I’m based in Chester Le Street

• Ibizatoon

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:40 PM

BandB… 🙂

OurToon…That’s “up there” (from a Southerner 😉 ), isn’t it?

You can join in the protests on Sunday. OP is treating it like a party, I suggest you do the same if you want to be involved.

Celebrate with your fellow fans. Other ideas and plans are coming together, the key is that we stand united.

• toon kk

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Let’s get a few things straight the majority of our squad shouldn’t be even playing in the premier league.
    Fans who pay to watch dross have no more ambition than Mash, ffs what’s the attraction? Before you leave the house you know what to expect. Good luck.
    I’d wait to there’s something worth watching for the good of the club.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:43 PM

I’d be really interested over this week to talk to more fans who will be attending the game this weekend.

The divide is going, we can all talk and share ideas. Let’s unite and see what we can all do.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:47 PM

toon kk… Tradition, guilt, whatever really. Some just aren’t ready to give it up, but that’s okay.

For what it’s worth, my opinion is that you’re course of action is the best, don’t support Ashley by giving him anymore money, however, that is just one angle.

We are a team, we can all have different jobs, we just need to understand and accept them differently than we have recently.

Are you attending the protest this weekend? Stopping going to games is a first step, but now we need people to stand together and show we’ve not just disappeared and conceded defeat.

We are the toon army, are we not?

• optimistic prime

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:52 PM

BandB

I haven’t seen anything on Jaanmat, I didn’t really notice him walking funny, I’m used to seeing colo and Willo move so he just looked more mobile if anything.

He’d probably look more mobile whilst carrying those two.

How come the players that are useless are rarely injured and the ones who are half decent are perma crocs.

• BandB

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:00 PM

OP

I was expecting news of another casualty this week, and thought it might be Janmaat.

• toon kk

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:05 PM

ibizatoon
    you’re right we are the Toon army and we should all stick together.
    Every protest is welcome as far as I’m concerned.
    Pity everyone didn’t feel the same way.
    Even our players have lost hope or don’t. care.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:17 PM

It’s a bit of a bad state of affairs when Toon fans are not discussing heroic wins on the pitch. A curler into the top corner, a bullet header, a dazzling run beating three defenders etc etc.
    It would seam our current “glory” is discussing how our latest defeat wasn’t as bad as the previous defeat. Sad state of affairs with basement level expectations.
    Geordie – regain your pride climb aboard the Changeville Express – down the tracks is hope and glory -don’t get left behind.

• Brutooon

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:16 AM

This kid would easily kick gouffron and williamson out of the team.