Siem Sails Through U21 Game – So Does Mystery Man

Siem de Jong could well be in the squad for Sunday’s game against Spurs at St. James’ Park, as he came through playing 45 minutes for the Newcastle U21 side tonight, although we lost 2-0 to Derby County through two second half goals.

siem de jong black and white

Siem de Jong – played 45 minutes tonight

Siem was the captain tonight in front of a watching John Carver and Managing Director Lee Charnley, and the interim head coach must have liked what he saw, with Siem very efficient in midfield.

Siem has had an injury ravaged season, with a badly torn thigh muscle he picked up in September, and then in February when he was almost back in the squad, the 26 year-old suffered a collapsed lung, which was immediately operated on.

But Siem could still come back and play in some of Newcastle’s six remaining games, and that could be a big boost for our side who have lost five games in a row.

Siem played in the first half and John Carver would have been happy he came through OK and then – well would you believe it – on came on loan striker Facundo Ferreyra in the second half.

Facundu was coming back from a long-term back injury – so who knows maybe the Argentine on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk can also help us in some of the remaining games of the season.

Facundu has yet to play for the Newcastle first team – but if he shows good form on his comeback – there’s no reason he cannot help us get the points we need through the end of the season.

This has to be viewed as positive for Newcastle,  and we may even see Siem de Jong get a sub appearance for Newcastle in the second half on Sunday against Spurs – all being well.

Note: Jamie Macdonald is a final year at University and an avid Newcastle fan all his life, and to help him with his dissertation here is a questionnaire you can fill out and it takes just a couple of minutes.

The survey is about consumer attitudes towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – and it only takes a minute or two to complete – thanks for your help.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Jeff

I personally was not a Pardew fan. I don’t think he was good enough to really take a team on, a bit like Pulis at stoke, his style would get you mid table but no real ability to go further and sustain that. I didn’t mind him going, but hoped for a much better manager than carver.

What do you blame the pardew out lot for though? Do you not think it’s Ashley’s fault for not hiring a proper manager? It’s not like we are short of the money to hire a decent coach and a few of his backroom staff.

And why do you think it’s bad to protest against ashley?

Just curious, not trying to have a pop at you,

• beermonkey

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Ibiza

I have had a quick look round and I cant find anything
    about them doing that
    might be something on the sackpardew site or you could message them

• Graeme

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:47 PM

I dont know if you have seen this, but a very well written piece on our current predicament, by George Caulkin – well worth reading.

• jimmysmith

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Injuries and underwhelming signings. The better part of twenty five million spent on Cabella,Riviere and De Jong, plus wages. Its not entirely true the club won’t spend, nor indeed true as widely thought that the club spends well. Mbiwa, Anita, Iberian, Luuk De Jong, Ferreyra, added to that, you wonder how much better off we’d be in reality were Ashley to spend when its most needed. You’d simply suspect we’d just get the same share of more expensive ropey signings, among a slightly higher number of better ones.

• optimistic prime

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Ibiza

Sorry mate been out for the Barca match.

I’ve only been twice this year Hull and the firkin derby 🙁 only went as they wa free tickets and to boo Pardew, so I’m one of the ones who’s ruined things for Jeff, happy days.

Gave up going after we finished 5th, saw this coming in a way, didn’t think it would be this bad or it would take fans this long to tell him to jog on.

• one fine day

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:54 PM

It Would not surprise me if they try n rush de Jong back and grasp at any last straw to sway any floater to get in the ground next it will be free pies ..joke.

On another point has anyone had a look at buying tickets on the clubs website ?
    I just went on and they are showing availability all around the ground but the entire upper tier of the milburn and leazes are showing n/a .
    Is this due to these being all allocated to s/t holders and away support ?
    or are they realising tickets aren’t selling so they are filling the lower seats as best they can for the benefit of the tv cameras ?
    just a thought like

• Ibizatoon

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:56 PM

beermonkey…I might do that, cheers mate.

OP…I’m sorry, but apparently you were alone. Either that, or eveyone, other than you, has suffered from memory loss. The Cat has got their tongues perhaps?

Let’s not be daft. Admit it and move on, you are the only SJP attendee. Jeff’s admitted to being embarrassed of being a Geordie, we’re taking massive strides forward tonight.

Together we stand, HWTF!

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Sage
    Talking Newcastle United Ltd
    We aint short of money now
    We were when we appointed AP 5 months after promotion
    MA is a billionaire and could have gone crazy any time but he knew the reality of the incoming financial restrictions so NUFC always had to be able to buy its round .
    Just look at clubs around Europe and Man City at home .
    Now we will be able to always compete on a level playing field , in fact because of Ashleys parsimony , more than compete.
    One of SBR’s many phrases resounds
    “Toon fans like their footy like their coffee – Insant”
    The real world aint like that.
    Calling a simple man like John Carver who has been given a job way beyond his capabilities vile names reflects more on the name callers than sad John doing his inadequate best.
    I’m sure the majority of real Toon fans are nicer and fairer than the empty heads that post on here.
    This ridiculous boycott on Sunday will prove me either wrong or right

• jimmysmith

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Caulkin is a wonderful writer on Newcastle. His voice and influence quite sadly thwarted by that infernal Times pay wall. If he were to start writing for the Guardian, you’d surely think he might be able to make a difference. Can’t imagine too many of his muted readership actually giving a fig, as things stand.

• optimistic prime

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Ibiza

It felt like I was the only one there until one bloke said “sit down, do you know how much I’ve paid for this ticket”

I couldn’t see many posters from where I was and it’s a perfect view of the Gallowgate. Saw loads of people before the match with them.

• Pokat

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Never buy cheap shoes you end up spending more and ruining your feet. Good advice Mike Ashley when you are thinking of splurging on bargain players who are a bit hit and miss, or injury prone. Did we start this idea of speculating on dodgy talent with that young lad from everton? Or was it Marveaux? Or Ben Arfa? Anyway it’s cost us.

• optimistic prime

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Jeff

Calling people foul names is your area of expertise, not sure your very good at judging who and when there called for mind.

• jimmysmith

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Yes, Benny and Marv, bloody ‘ell must have slipped into a momentary denial, to overlook that pair.

• Small World

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:08 PM

jimmysmith // Apr 15, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Well said that man.

jimmysmith // Apr 15, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Caulkin is a great writer. I guess if he moved to the Gaurdian he could replace Mackem witch, Louise Taylor.

• one fine day

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Graeme ,
    excellent read again he shows the local media up nfor what they truly are .
    my favourite bit ..love to see this on a banner rolling over the east stand opposite fat boy and his cronies ..

“Ashley owns Newcastle, but he is not Newcastle. He is not the blessed air in that stadium, the air that you breathe and which your relatives and friends and idols inhaled and exhaled before you. He is not the club. The club is your memories, the club is inside you, that power, that meaning, that identity, that black and white beauty, those long bus journeys, those bleary mornings and late nights, belonging and feeling, loving and hurting. Those good days. Your family. Your club. The club is you.”

• Pokat

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Well jeff from Benwell you’ve got a bit of a track record of hounding folk who speak up against mike Ashley haven’t you?

So if you’re not a mackem, do you work for the big guy?

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Ibiza
    Looks like our truce is over
    I’m betting you are far from fluent in either Castellano or Catalan but if you were back home you would probably vote for UKIP . Those lousy immigrants make you sick – ah the irony .

• DONEGAL NUFC IRL

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Good read graeme thanks

Hope its the start of the end for fat guy

• Pokat

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:12 PM

it’s obvious you’re not keen on the mags lol

• Ibizatoon

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Jeff…This isn’t about Carver, most people know that.

“who has been given a job way beyond his capabilities”

This isn’t the first time Ashleys done that. He has his priorities totally mixed up. As you know, I’m not from the area, but I take pride in being associated with Geordies. Well, I did before Ashley got his hands on it. This isn’t a blog problem, or just a small group of people who expect too much, he alienates everyone, all in the name of profit. That may float your boat, clearly it does, but it isn’t what captured all of hearts in the first place. I can’t comment on pre Keegan and wont apologise for it, it was out of my control. What happened before is irrelevant, not being able to win the league anymore due to huge monies are irrelevant. We don’t need that. We want a trophy, that’s not Ashleys fault it’s been ages, but we can wait. What we want is some desire and passion. It’s a gift, not a nuisance or something to be embarrassed about.

If you genuinely feel strongly about your stance that Ashley is the best option we’ve got and we should really be happy with what we get, at least make the case for why we can’t have that, because we don’t – clearly. It’s being seen worldwide Jeff.

• Small World

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Good points from tonight’s game.

We have another goalie in our ranks who has stepped up into Woodmans shoes (Woolston?). Had to work his socks off as the rest of the team were happy for Derby to run circles round them.

Bad news:

Siem De Jong didn’t look to being up for a first team game – so expect him to be wheeled out any time soon. Ferreyra is equally anonymous on the field as off. I’d be gobsmacked if he ever pulls on a first team shirt. Roberts also, had a quiet game by his standards. Kemen who has been on the bench of late, gave an indication of why he hasn’t been brought on yet.

• optimistic prime

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:21 PM

It doesn’t matter if you believe JC, JC beleives Ashley.

We need to save a few quid and need to make ends meet, lol ends are meeting like a MOFO at NUFC.

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Pokat
    Thanks for that
    I stand by every syllable
    Which part of Cornwall are you from.
    I watched us on Monday night wearing black and white surrounded by Liverpool supporters from everywhere but Merseyside and mocked them so much that me and a kid from Bootle were the only 2 left in the bar at the end . He agreed with me that glory hunters are a modern curse and they should all support Manure .

• Elmanio

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Whatever we do as a fanbase Mike will not sell the club until he is ready. Back in the January 2013 he met with members of the Saudi Royal family & agreed a £350 million sale subject to the club staying in the Premier League. In July of that year he asked for £450 million which was rejected & he simply moved on.

There are a number of offers currently in play but his current valuation is north of £600 million as he knows NUFC are the most buyable Premier League team – Tottenham would require over £1 billion to be offered for the current owners to sell.

If you think these figures are pie in the sky then look @ sports deals in the USA which dwarf those of the UK & yet globally football is what people want.

He reportedly has made over 500 million just this year & his wealth exceeds over £3 billion & is growing so the small number of comments of making NUFC self sufficent are clearly true.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Jeff…Our truce? I hadn’t realised we had one, a truce from what? I’m talking with you honestly. I don’t understand where you’re coming from with the need to attack / mock people. Just fun and games? Trying to mock people who are hurting? Simple retaliation? Drop the weapons. Talk.

My language skills are of little importance, but wowzer, it’ll take a while, but with support and my family near I might just survive. No, I am far from fluent. I get by. It’s better than Spanglish. I should know more and yeah, I think that’s that really. I do just love me some Google Translate mind. Genius stuff. Do you like Google too?

You do love to bring politics in to the discussion. Before I say anything, humour me, it’s almost bedtime and I could use a story. How have you made the jump to me being pro UKIP and anti immigrants?

• DONEGAL NUFC IRL

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:35 PM

1billion for tottenham noway

• Sleepin Giant

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Ibiza

The incomprehesible references from JFB simply cement his position. The blogger with malice aforethought. Almost certainly types his posts with only one hand.

It must be difficult for you, with your notable and longstanding patience in the face of goading by the less endowed of the Geordie nation – of which I am not either – being born in Morpeth so not in sight of SJP.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:41 PM

That’s right, damn “modern supporters”.

Are there any non “modern supporters” out there who feel the same as me? Maybe Jeff has finally sussed it, it’s just the young fans who don’t know better ruining it. Jolly glad we sorted that out then.

Elmanio..So what do we do then, nothing? Not much fun in that.

• Belfast

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Ibiza it was that British jobs for British workers speech you gave that night. 🙂

• Belfast

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Oh and the keep Britain British badges you where handing out…

I actually don’t have the foggiest why Jeffrey threw that one in there lol

• Mister Tuff

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Clearly a one hand typist.
    Hand job Jeff – on a public phone in to Metro radio for a knee trembler -digusting.
    t–r–e–m–b–l–e tremble TREMBLE—boosh.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Sleepin’…I worry for him. He’s so angry at the people of his own city.

It’s so sad.

The same can be said about his using of one hand, if that’s true – we all have our thing I suppose 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:57 PM

Belfast…Was that after I came staggering out the pub after a lil cheeky pint that night?

I do remember feeling right patriotic!

• Elmanio

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Ibiza,

As I commented the other day this season will be the first in 41 years that I will not be going to SJP – I travel to the North East to visit family & so far this season I have gone to watch Darlington 1883 play in the Evostik League along with a 1000 + fans as that is by far more rewarding than visiting SJP.

My comment re Ashley is simply a statement of truth & my reaction is to give Darlo my money as he most definatley doen’t need it

• optimistic prime

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Ibiza

The blokes a fool and I don’t know why you waste your time, solve the problems in the Middle East it’ll be far easier than debating with the resident wum.

In his post below he says “vile names reflects more on the name callers than sad John”

He then in the same post goes on to call the bloggers on this site “empty heads” not a vile name but I’m you get the picture.

The genius of the man is there to behold, total bulls knacker!

The only thing longer than his brass neck is the pinochio nose he has firmly rooted up Ashley’s backside.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:06 AM

Elmanio…Sorry, I must have missed the comment. If I responded to it at the time however, then please excuse me 🙂

Will you be joining the protest? Your action to not suport Ashley financially I believe to be a good one. I don’t agree that we can’t alter / speed up any process of Ashley selling. Actually, honestly, I don’t really care about that so much right now, it’s just so sad to see fans almost give up. Resign themselves to it. Why?

You are right – he doesn’t need your money!

• Ibizatoon

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:16 AM

OP…During my time on the blog I have, despite what some might think, tried to be reasonable with people on here.

I wondered whether I had actually tried properly with Jeff as I was / am of the same opinion that he is in fact here just to cause bother. He isn’t bringing anything in to the discussion, not that I can recognise anyway. If he has a message and we’re all so silly, why not try and help us? But no, he’ll attack. Says it all.

Tis nearly bedtime, yawn, I have something British to be doing in the morning no doubt. I’ll probably use some words and throw an o on the end and pretend I’m speaking Spanish.

Chortle. Snort. Giggle. Snigger.

Might go to bed 🙂

• Elmanio

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Ibiza,

I live in Devon so I can’t join a physical boycott but I will be travelling North to watch Darlo on Saturday 25th April hopefully achieve promotion. Sport is about the team & their supporters aspirations & Darlington as a supporter owned club get this so that will do for me.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:25 AM

Elmanio…Fair enough. It’s just a bit of a shame, not in your particular instance, where fans have made the choice not to attend SJP, but then don’t show at the protest.

Ashley loves silent protesters, understandably.

Nice to hear you’ve found somewhere to get your fill, so to speak.

• sickandtired

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Armstrong, De Jong, Kemen and the Scarlett Pimpernel played. Hooray!
    Err,we lost 2-0 to the kids of a Championship side! Kids are in as bad a state as the 1st team because this Club is now rotten from top to bottom.
    Elmanio – where did you get that story from about Saudi’s? That rumour was from 2008 and I think you are confusing his earlier antics out in Dubai along with Llambias perhaps?
    As for Jeff – I don’t know what he’s been watching or reading for 8 years that would make him even half believe Ashley is competent at anything other than making money. His football decisions at the Club have been atrocious year on year. The latest season is another prime example.
    Tell you what, when he starts buying proven quality players instead of selling them , and a manager/coach of talent, then I may begin to change my mind.
    Hopefully he disappears long before that is needed.