Every Team Wants To Play Newcastle

With Newcastle being on a five game losing streak for the first time for a long time – well at least since last year at this time when we lost six in a row for the first time ever in the Premier League – it’s not surprising that every side in the Premier league wants to play us right now.

Jamie Carragher

Jamie Charragher – every team wants to play Newcastle

But Tottenham are the side that’s next up for us on Sunday afternoon at home, and a win in that game and we should be safe in the league this season – which would be good – even though the odds of us being relegated right now are a long 80-1 – so maybe we’ll even be safe if we lose our last six games.

Jamie Charragher is now a Sky Sports pundit and the Liverpool lad  thinks we have a chance of maybe winning one of our last six games on the run-in and stay up.

This is what the former Liverpool and England defender had to say about the game on Sunday:

“If you could pick a fixture to play, it would be Newcastle at home or away at the moment.” . “That’s how all teams will view it and that just shows how bad a run they’re on.”

“Newcastle will be okay and I’m sure they’ll win one of those games, which should be enough on its own to keep them up,” “In the next two or three games, though, if they don’t pick up points after the run they’ve been on, they could be counting on the last two games of the season.”

Lat season we broke that six game losing streak with a 3-0 home win against Cardiff City in the penultimate game of the season with two late goals to make the score respectable.

But then we lost the last game at Liverpool 2-1 – although we played quite well in that game and were even leading 1-0 – but most fans last May were pleased enough when another poor season was over – and we finished in 10th place in the league – the second best finish ever under Mike Ashley.

It looks like it’s going to be another miserable end to the season this time around – but we could do better in the last six games than we did last season when we got only 3 points.

Here’s hoping.

Jamie Charragher was a tremendous player for Liverpool and over 17 seasons on Merseyside he played a massive 737 games with 5 goals and 37 times for England.

Jamie wasn’t particularly blessed with a lot of skills, but he was one of those players who have great character, and he got the very best out of the skills he’d been blessed with.

Come to think of it we need some players like Jamie brought in over the summer.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Tottenham?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Note: Jamie Macdonald is a final year student at the University of Hull completing a degree in Business, and he’s been an avid Newcastle fan all his life, and to help him with his dissertation here is a questionnaire you can fill out and it takes just a couple of minutes.

The survey is about consumer attitudes towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – and it only takes a minute or two to complete – thanks for your help.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Ha ha, good timing Ibiza!

Rainrix…There are lots of insightful bits of info flying around at the minute, which is great, but we still need numbers and to present a united front.

With that in mind, could you do me a favour on Sunday? I hope you can take a few seconds to log in on Sunday to post HWTF (Howay the fans).

Just that, in a box, on its own.

It will be your sign of support from thousands of miles away. Your vote for change.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Lots of fans on the blog have been asking what they can do to help the boycott protest.

So we asked Ashleyout.com, and this is what they say.

“We urge every Newcastle fan to join us in this peaceful demonstration of unity and strength to show the world that we want a club to be proud of once again.”

They are specifically appealing for our help with volunteers to hand out leaflets at the protest from 3am on Sunday.

If you want to help, please get in touch with me at ibizatoon2015@gmail.com……the sooner the better, but by tomorrow lunchtime at the latest.

The more the merrier.

Bloggers can be choosers. Let’s support each other now.

HWTF!

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Ibiza… I shall oblige. Im going to assume that stands for “howdy the fans” instead of “honestly what the Fcuk” Though thats quite applicable as well 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Belfast…Whilst I do find that funny. I do wonder why you think it’s worth your time, what are the chances of success?

Could you not be doing something similar with regards to what’s happening this weekend?

Still, $46 for a framed print.

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Howdy the fans? Go away and learn northern dialect autocorrect!

• optimistic prime

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Every team wants to play NUFC but NUFC just don’t want to play

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:09 PM

Rainrix…That is indeed what is stands for, well, “Howay” not “Howdy” (Ed’s been working on you), your alternative is depressingly apt though 🙂

• Belfast

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM

It worked with Jesper Ibiza so ya never know 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:11 PM

OP…Oh is that what Carragher was talking about? Even his written quotes come accross with that annoying accent, so I tuned out 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Belfast…Indeed, you never know.

Get on board 🙂

• optimistic prime

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Ibiza

I only read the headline, it’s off putting listening to someone gargle phlegm whilst talking and writing 😉

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:14 PM

OP…Just saw your link to the McClaren odds. Do you know what Carvers odds have been like?

• optimistic prime

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Ibiza

I beleive betting on carver was suspended, what ever that means.

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Ibiza….Apparently so. 🙂

Just a quick question, going off of post 2 are you working with the ashley out guys, or have you got something else in the works? I would help handing out flyers but at 3am i think i’ll be quite deep into an alcohol coma 🙂

• Belfast

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM

I don’t McClaren would come anyway to be honest.

Think he probably learnt his lesson after the England debacle.

• Belfast

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:22 PM

What’s actually going on at 3 am Ibiza ?

Early bird catches the worm……

• Belfast

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:23 PM

*think*

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:23 PM

OP…In betting terms, it’s quite scary as far as I’m aware. Still, Mikey wouldn’t do that to us…

Rainrix…I am working with my fellow fans mate. Just trying to do my bit. Being stuck over here (yeah, i know, get your lil violin out Ibiza) I do often feel a little useless at times.

Seeing where I can be of assistance. We are in this together and we are, what’s that word again?

United.

Feel free to drop me a line on that email if you feel inclined. Same to anyone else. This Sunday is just the first step.

Where are you based again?

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Belfast…I’m guessing lots of sleep mate.

Okay, I got the typo, 3pm folks 🙂

• optimistic prime

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Ibiza

The only shred of hope I have is NUFC are linked with 100’s of players every window yet rarely get them.

Fingers crossed and everything else.

• Rainrix

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Ibiza… Fair enough, good on you for doing something. Joking aside I’m not really available to join the protests or help this sunday unfortunately. Im about an hour south of newcastle, close to darlington.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Rain…If you can manage to at least post “HWTF” on Sunday, around 3pm, it would be a great start of solidarity.

Cheers.

After Sunday mind, you best make some time available 🙂

OP…That’s some hope 🙂

• Nattfare

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM

“Licksten, it’s not my fault that we *lick* lost yesterday, when I met the cleaner in the broom-closet he told me *lick* that I looked fantastic on the sideline and it really made him excited, but also the players really let me down all match. *lick* Especially Medhi Abeid when he came on and we conceded 5-0, I was hurting at that to be honest.”

“Let me tell you something *lick* about our forrin players, I had Derek (Wright) put our forrin players flip-flops under the microscope and he could could confirm what I was suspecting. It just isn’t in their *lick* DNA to play in front of a half-empty stadium.”

“Our English players were fine, *lick* only a little bit distracted by all that boycott talk during the week, but they *lick* still did fine considering the circumsances.”
    It will be tough to bounce back against Swansea *lick* but I hope we still can get the three points even if we don’t win. *lick*”

“Now I’m going to go home and *lick* spit on my Sir Bobby altar and then pray in front of my Pardew one. *lick*”