Leicester Win Again – Gain On Newcastle – Who Drop To 14th

Newcastle are now just 7 points above the drop zone after today’s 3:00 pm kick-off games have ended, with Leicester having a good 2-0 win at the King Power Stadium to Swansea – and they have now won three games on the trot under former Newcastle coach Nigel Pearson,  and have gained 9 points on Newcastle over those three games.

Leonardo Ullo

Leonardo Ulloa scores after 15 minutes

Leicester jump to third bottom and they are tied  with Hull City and below them only because of a slightly inferior goal difference, and having been bottom of the league for much of this season, it’s an amazing turnaround for Leicester who play at home to Newcastle in two weeks time.

Leicester seem revitalized and are off the bottom of the table for the first time since last November – and it’s a great time to put a winning run together.

Goals for Leicester came from Leonardo Ulloa after 15 minutes and then Andy King scored the second a minute before full-time, and surprisingly enough Leicester’s goal difference is now better than Newcastle’s.

Everton beat Burnley at Goodison Park 1-0, and West Brom got a good 2-0 win at Crystal Palace and therefore go above Newcastle in the league, and we have now dropped to 14th place – down from 9th place at the turn of the year and we are essentially 9 points out of 10th place – which presumably is still the target for this season?

At Goodison Park Kevin Mirallas scored the winner after 29 minutes and then it was all over for Burnley as Ashley Barnes got himself sent off for his second booking just before half-time.

Newcastle could yet be dragged into a relegation fight if teams like Leicester City keep winning, and we need to something quick to help ourselves in the league.

Note: Jamie Macdonald is a final year student at the University of Hull completing a degree in Business, and he’s been an avid Newcastle fan all his life, and to help him with his dissertation here is a questionnaire you can fill out and it takes just a couple of minutes.

The survey is about consumer attitudes towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – and it only takes a minute or two to complete – thanks for your help.

• BandB

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Please remember if you are shooting photographs or video to upload, to TURN YOUR CAMERA HORIZONTAL.

It is the shape the media world uses.

• Ron Knee

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Newcatwel could hyets be dragged into a relegation fioght if teams like Lexiseyer City jeep winning,.

CXomments wleocme

Say that again!

• Ron Knee

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Thank you!

• BandB

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:17 PM

I think you need a refund from that speed typing course Ron…

• optimistic prime

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:23 PM

BandB

Ibiza is a bit busy working ATM, do you know if he’s found out when and where I have to meet for the flyers tomorrow?

Just a little anxious, so I can plan my day.

I don’t mind waiting for the info just wondering if it was sorted.

• BandB

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Ibizatoon has actually GONE OUT to make a Picture Your Protest upload!

He’ll sleep tonight……

• optimistic prime

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Ron Knee

Was that meant to be Leo Sayer city? 😉

• Ron Knee

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:24 PM

BandB
    It was the Ashley Secretarial School. I should have known better.

• BandB

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:25 PM

OP

We are waiting for word back from them. As soon as I have it, you’ll have it. Thanks for the support OP….very welcome.

• optimistic prime

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:27 PM

BandB

Not a problem, a pleasure actually 🙂

• Ron Knee

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:29 PM

OP
    Leo Sayer – what a great talent!!!
    In fact, it was a copy and paste of Ed’s last paras, before he corrected them!

• optimistic prime

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM

I’m so excited for tomorrow,.

All I’m doing is standing outside the ground but the anticipation I’m feeling is like what it used to be going to the match, before the slug took over in any case.

This protest can’t fail as it’s ignited my passion for the club that Ashley had tried so hard to sniff out.

Thanks to AO Ibiza BandB any everyone joining in the protest wherever they maybe.

HWTF!

• optimistic prime

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:33 PM

May be

Ron knee

Haha, I rember him as a kid 🙂

Auto correct keeps hammering me 😉

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM

I know we have some photographers on here.I need some help, lights, set, which side is my best side?

Which bright spark gave me 24 hours for this?

• BandB

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Ibizatoon, you will be glad to know, is back with his protest picture.

He is fiddling with his flies now….

• BandB

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Sorry….files

Bloody predictive texting……

• BandB

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:47 PM

It was Mr Tuff….

• dazzler

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Hi all,

Earlier in the week I messaged ao.com with a suggestion made on this blog (I believe by Markaccus) a long time ago. The idea was simple, t shirts, showing facts and Damning statistics about the club and it’s owner. Essentially this would be won win for would be protesters. They are denied entry (club forced boycott) or they are allowed entry and thus able to protest in the ground.

They replied yesterday to tell me that this was an idea they were already looking into but not until they had saw through tomorrow’s boycott and protest.

Just thought I would pass the message on to you guys.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:51 PM

BandB…Sounds right, yes, that Mr Tuff.

Embarrassing pics…..IN!
    Dignity………………OUT!

Stay posted, just adding some little touches, this certainly isn’t as good as my photoshop work with those pictures in the skip….whoops…

• Lindisfarne

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:56 PM

H H W W TTTTT FFFFF
    H H W W T F
    HHH W W W T FFFF
    H H W WW W T F
    H H W W T F

probably won’t work but worth a shot

• optimistic prime

Apr 18, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Carry on Carver

A comedy of errors

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:00 PM

I am now deeply embarrassed to admit that BandB is now fiddling with my flies….files!

🙂

• hibbit

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:01 PM

please do NOT wear wonga tops on sunday seen 3 lads in the town on friday who had cut wonga out of there shirts and just left a hole it looked great please no wonga

• Lindisfarne

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:03 PM

H—H–W———–W–TTTTT–FFFFF
    H—H—W———W—–T—–F
    HHHH—-W—W–W——T—–FFF
    H—H—–W-WW-W——T—–F
    H—H——WW-WW——T—–F

Last effort

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:03 PM

hibbit…I do believe OP was talking about bringing safety pins (yep, we’re all about safety first) and double sided tape so people can stick posters and flyers over the oh so wronga signs.

Still, I like the idea of cutting it out for good. Liberate yourselves….but ask your mum and dad first if they bought it for ya 😉

• Lindisfarne

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:04 PM

HWTF!!!!

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Lindisfarne…I was trying to work out the point of your first attempt. I’m starting to see it now.

You’re so close, give it one more go! 🙂

HWTF!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Surely the simplest thing is to get a load of iron on transfers that can cover the conga logo on the strips. Obviously not in time for tomorrow now, but just as a general thing that could be done.

That was my plan if the club had donated 16 kids member strips to my academy. Obviously they didn’t donate though…

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Lil…I’ve seen that mentioned and it’s definitely the way forward.

I think I read that they provide such a service at SD….it’s a tough one for me, on one hand he’s getting paid, on the other there is a sweet sense of justice about it.

The club didn’t take you up on the opportunity? Why would they? Lil, let’s not forget we’re financially in a mess and can’t compete.

• Average_Contents

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Does it work lads n lasses?

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:17 PM

AC…It does indeed!

• Average_Contents

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Lil

Mentioned that the other day. I’m Sure someone on here posted a link a few months ago to eBay where you could buy a cover up for the wronga logo.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Ibiza,
    You can buy your own Avery Iron on sheets, all you have to do is print off a design and iron it on. May be worth AO.com looking into doing something with it. They could get a lot of them printed and hand them out, rather than flyers. Leaves a lasting message on the top.

HWTF

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Lil…As we both know, this is just the beginning.

Definitely a worthwhile idea.

HWTF!

• reilly

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:25 PM

hope the protest/boycott goes well,gutted i carnt be there as i have work.
    HWTF

• firebug666

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Maybe the wronga logo could be covered up by the slogan, “Support the Team
    Not the Regime”

Black background with white letters.

• Average_Contents

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Reilly

Post a protest pic instead mate.

• Average_Contents

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Phone batteries gonna die so bye for now.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:31 PM

How tardy of me. We have a new thread.

Calling out around the world are you ready…….for something completely different?

This blog has been going seven years or so…It’s time to put it on the map.

We have friends all over Blighty and all around the world. All of them as Newcastle daft as each other.

You can’t come to the protest…but you can take part.
    Stage your own protest. Stage it in Malawi, Canada and Texas. Stage it down the billabong, or in the bog.
    Make it profound.
    Make it inventive.
    Make us laugh. Make us cry.
    Write it on a placard. Write it on your thumb. Spell it out in custard. (We don’t want to see your bum.)
    Ashley Out.

Picture Your Protest, wherever you are.
    And stick it on the blog …..where we can watch all it together, all over the world.
    We have 24 hours. Time for it to go around the planet.

Picture your Protest.
    Howay the Fans .

I have, to avoid Ed’s multiple link moderation issues, uploaded instructions of how to best take part with this around the world in 24 hours “Picture Your Protest”.

Find info using the following link:

I will also later, split this out in to multiple posts for those who are on phones and may not have the needed apps. All the info is in one place for those who want it, by using the above link.

1 2 3 6