Former Star – Newcastle Have Been Lucky

Nobby Solano has been talking in the Chronicle this week, and he says that Newcastle are very lucky because we already have 35 points in the bag, and if it was say 5 points less than that, we would be in real trouble of relegation, since we’ve been the worst form team in the Premier League for the last couple of months.

nobby-solano-3.gif

Nobby Solano while at Newcastle

This is what the 90 times capped Peruvian International had to say about the state of his former club:

“They have nothing to lose in some ways. Newcastle have been really lucky because they have points in the bag and I think they will be safe.”

“If they had even five points less they would be right in the relegation mire and then panic would set in because Newcastle is a big a club and they shouldn’t be near the Championship.”

But with Leicester City winning their third game in a  row yesterday, and equaling Newcastle’s points total over their last 13 games with John Carver in charge, Newcastle are now only 7 points above the drop zone, and our goal difference is not good either.

Newcastle still have to play two of the bottom three teams on the road at Leicester and QPR, and if we don’t win another game this season it’s possible we could get dragged into the relegation struggle.

That’s what comes of selling your manager for £4M and then wondering what to do about replacing him.

That should have been done the other way round, and if we didn’t have anybody to come in and replace Pardew we should have turned Crystal Palace down and not taken the risk.

But that was hard to do with £4M being at stake.

We now have a threadbare squad, with an untested and inexperienced coach leading the team, and it’s another example of incompetent management from the top of the club.

That may sound harsh, but it’s just exactly what’s happened, and in a real business in the real world – heads would roll.

• BandB

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Sage

Have you done your HWTF?

Then you could show them where you stand on the issue.

If you read back, lots have, and few surprising ones haven’t.

• Ron Knee

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:04 AM

When was the last time home games were on general sale? Been a little while hasn’t it? There on sale today stay strong!

• optimistic prime

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Ibiza

Ye I’ve checked my email a few times and nothings come through, I’ll send you one.
    There maybe a blockage….

HWTF

• Transfer Sage

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM

tad

Just read it, very good read. replied on the last article.

BandB

What is HWTF? I’ve not been on much the last few days.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Jesper…Cheers mate, I’ll keep an eye out for it.

OP…I do believe the mail room man has been suitably beaten and taken care of. The party can continue. Let me know if you still haven’t got it, the grips can always be tightened if need be 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:07 AM

TS…

In addition to PICTURE YOUR PROTEST, we are running a much simpler and elegant way of showing that we are united, that we are in this together and maybe you can’t see me today, but I am standing there, shoulder to shoulder, with my fellow Newcastle United fans.

All you have to do, over the next 24 hours, which will broadcast just how amazing this blog is, reaching all corners of the world, is post the following 4 letters:

“HWTF” in a single post.

It stands for Howay The Fans. From 4pm (GMT) today, Saturday 18th April 2015, we invite our fellow bloggers from
    http://www.nufcblog.com to show where they stand.

We are united. HWTF

• Transfer Sage

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM

HWTF

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM

TS…I am 100% for this protest and hopefully future protests as well (I did my own private protest last year 🙂 ), but lets be clear close to 50000 will turn up today inside the gates of SJP!

…wish it weren’t so!

HWTF

• Lindisfarne

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Copy from Sons of Struth

14 April at 02:23 · Edited ·
    Newcastle United fans boycott
    Sons of Struth fully support the NUFC fans who intend to boycott their clubs game v Spurs on Sunday. Boycotting the club you love is not a decision made lightly and is indeed the ultimate sacrifice a football fan can make. Those who choose to boycott should be applauded for their efforts.As a group of Rangers fans we are well aware of Mike Ashleys one sided deals with football clubs and his attempts to take as much as possible from fans when a more supportive approach would no doubt gain greater, long term benefits for him.Ashley doesn’t care for your club, Ashley doesn’t care for your fans, Ashleys only concern is Sports Direct.Good luck to the NUFC fans taking a stance on Sunday and with drive and determination your numbers will grow.The fans will eventually win as you were there before him, there after him and there forever. Action not apathy will win through.We have had dialogue with many NUFC fans in recent months and plan more talks with potential joint action going forward. We are united by one thing, Ashleys greed ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Craig HoustonSons of Struth

• Transfer Sage

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Ibiza

There we go, all done. What does it achieve out of curiosity? Will totals be collated?

• BandB

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:09 AM

So the club PR operation is in full swing.

On it’s knees.

“We’ve seen the error of our ways. PLEASE don’t boycott.”

Those who know their history will remember how Richard the Second rode out to encounter the Peasants Revolt. He promised to give in to all their demands, if they just dispersed and went home.

So they did. He then called than a bunch of peasants who he could lie to as he chose, executed their leaders, and did NOTHING.

Now ask yourself.

What sort of record does Ashley have of keeping his promises?

How good is his word?

• optimistic prime

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Ibiza

Cheers, got that.

Pretty much perfect as I planned to be in town for around that time.
    Can get around town as much as poss, spreading the message and preaching peace and unity.

HWTF

• Transfer Sage

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Jesper

I’m not so sure. I don’t think we will see only 20,000 in the stadium but I think we might get as low as 40,000 which is a very good start.

I can’t say for sure why I think that, just seems to be more of a campaign picking up. People were less likely to get involved in Pardew out as he split opinion more and even some against him felt sorry for him and the situation Ashley put him in.

It’s different with Ashley, many more don’t like him, even hate him.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM

There were nothing wrong with letting AP go – should have been done along time ago!

…the problem with this club is it doesn’t plan ahead and we don’t replace those we loose!

£4M what is that anyway? Drop a place or two and you have lost that money right?

• scout

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Never forget that shot solano cracked off the bar against inter milan. I reckon its still shaking now. I actually lost sight of the ball it was a wicked shot.

• BandB

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM

The Mighty Quinn

Just for the record,I fully support the @NUFC fans
    #BoycottSpurs
    pic.twitter.com/1WC4lHhJm3”

• scout

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Its a shame the bookies didnt run a book on how many would attend.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM

BandB

Can see the club are concerned though, they have gone into overdrive this week, desperately trying to win back support.

If this protest goes as planned and we get a good amount of fans boycotting then they really could begin to fear us.

• hibbit

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM

good luck toon army…………HWTF

• scout

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:16 AM

MICK QUINN

Great bloke. Hopefully see you at York races for the Dante meeting.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:17 AM

TS…I remember one poster on here a while back who saw this situation we are in as an opportunity to upgrade his seats for when ever the tides are changing (an eventually they will…with no help from him and his loved ones)

…don’t know how many are like that out there? Will be interesting to see today…and the games to come!

HWTF

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:17 AM

OP…Excellent.

Now people, make sure, unlike my email, that you make it today! 🙂

TS…Thanks for that. It really is just something that everyone, even those who can’t be there today, to have their say.

Who knows, people may try and tell us that we’re in the minority at some stage. The tide is turning, that is not in doubt.

As for totals, I’ve outsourced that to some of our blog friends. Some on here are suprisingly interested in numbers…. 🙂

HWTF!

• Lindisfarne

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Nobby have a word with André Carrillo and get him to the Toon.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Jesper…500-50,000, today it doesn’t matter. It’s starting again. Let’s support it, not say what it will or wont do.

We have others to do that mate 🙂

• optimistic prime

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Tads

Maybe Shearers pals could explain the situation to Carvers pals.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:19 AM

pic.twitter.com/1WC4lHhJm3

• hibbit

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:20 AM

PLEASE no wonga shirts……HWTF

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Okay, I wont try and help.

Sorry BandB 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:22 AM

I am never going to get this twitter thing! Have know idea whether I have posted my pic correctly 😉 lol

• optimistic prime

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Ibiza

Do I need to say I’m from NUFC blog, give my name or is there a secret handshake and code word? 🙂

Hwtf

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:23 AM

TS…For many fans, they were simply indifferent to Pardew due to the thought of who’d replace him.

Focus is where it belongs this time, as you say. This does appear to have picked up decent momentum. Promising signs.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:23 AM

OP
    According to JC super Al phones him to tell him what a stand up job he’s doing…

• BandB

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM

OP

Just put your Achilles helmet on and growl.

• Lindisfarne

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Jesper

I understand the point you are making about people trying to take advantage but IMO that is not the issue of concern. Empty seats are the focus that should not be distracted frm and needs encouragement to grow.

• optimistic prime

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:25 AM

I remember that strip, I also remember going to get the blue star over the top of Greenals, ahh to be a young fan again.

HWTF

• optimistic prime

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

BandB

That helmets for riding my push bike 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:28 AM

OP…I’m just uploading a video to YouTube with the “secret handshake” 🙂

Just go in there, start screaming,and then politely say “A voice told me to come. How can I help?”

I think the important thing is just being there. It can’t hurt to say where you’ve come from though.

1 2 3 9