Newcastle Now Under Intense Pressure Against Spurs

John Carver hopes the atmosphere at Sunday’s game against Spurs is better than it was when the last protest  and boycott against owner Mike Ashley took place against Cardiff City last May, when it was a really weird atmosphere at St. James’ Park, although very few fans walked out after 69 minutes as planned, and we were winning 1-0 at the time and in fact won our first game in seven after losing the previous six.

john carver shouting pushing

John Carver – under pressure if we cannot get a result

Things are not quite as bad for tomorrow we suppose, but we have lost five games on the trot with only one goal scored, and 3 points would be a godsend for the team.

Interim head-coach John Carver had this to say about the game:

“I think they could define it and be very important because if we don’t pick up results in the next two games, it just adds a bit more pressure.”

“Sometimes pressure can take over and we don’t want to leave ourselves in that situation. Our next two games, the fact they are at home, are very, very important.”

“The game against Cardiff City last year was one of the strangest atmospheres I’ve ever experienced,” “We got there in the end winning 1-0.”

“I hope it won’t be as difficult an atmosphere this time. I don’t think it will be, I think it will be a different type of protest.”

“The people who come into the stadium will be behind the team because they understand where we are and everyone will be in it together.”

“Mike Williamson was our only center-half against Liverpool on Monday, and he was not playing on the side he is comfortable with,”

“You had a midfielder playing left-back, a right-sided player playing left side, a right-back playing center-back and a midfielder playing right-back.”

We actually beat Cardiff City 3-0 that May day after scoring two goals in the last three minutes, with goals from Loic Remy (87) and Steven Taylor (80), and that made the score respectable after Shola Ameobi had put us ahead after 18 minutes.

Fabricio Coloccini is back after three games out for being sent off at Everton, but Moussa Sissoko is the latest Newcastle player to show indiscipline,  and he is out for two games after picking up two yellow cards in the second half at Liverpool last Monday night.

It’s definitely going to be a difficult game tomorrow for the lads to win – which is the result we really need to be safe.

Note: Jamie Macdonald is a final year student at the University of Hull completing a degree in Business, and he’s been an avid Newcastle fan all his life, and to help him with his dissertation here is a questionnaire you can fill out and it takes just a couple of minutes.

The survey is about consumer attitudes towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – and it only takes a minute or two to complete – thanks for your help.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Calling out around the world are you ready…….for something completely different?

This blog has been going seven years or so…It’s time to put it on the map.
    We have friends all over Blighty and all around the world. All of them as Newcastle daft as each other.

You can’t come to the protest…but you can take part.

Stage your own protest. Stage it in Malawi, Canada and Texas. Stage it down the billabong, or in the bog.
    Make it profound.
    Make it inventive.
    Make us laugh. Make us cry.
    Write it on a placard. Write it on your thumb. Spell it out in custard. (We don’t want to see your bum.)
    Ashley Out.

Picture Your Protest, wherever you are.
    And stick it on the blog …..where we can watch all it together, all over the world.
    We have 24 hours. Time for it to go around the planet.

Picture your Protest.
    Howay the Fans .

I have, to avoid Ed’s multiple link moderation issues, uploaded instructions of how to best take part with this around the world in 24 hours “Picture Your Protest”.

Find info using the following link:

I will also later, split this out in to multiple posts for those who are on phones and may not have the needed apps. All the info is in one place for those who want it, by using the above link.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:08 AM

In addition to PICTURE YOUR PROTEST, we are running a much simpler and elegant way of showing that we are united, that we are in this together and maybe you can’t see me today, but I am standing there, shoulder to shoulder, with my fellow Newcastle United fans.

All you have to do, over the next 24 hours, which will broadcast just how amazing this blog is, reaching all corners of the world, is post the following 4 letters:

“HWTF” in a single post.

It stands for Howay The Fans. From 4pm (GMT) today, Saturday 18th April 2015, we invite our fellow bloggers from http://www.nufcblog.com to show where they stand.

We are united. HWTF

• scout

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Yeah could have done with davey santon who can play either side. What a joker you are JC.
    2.8 million for Santon, they’re mental at Newcastle they really are.

• Average_Contents

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Ibiza from last thread

I didn’t want to presume you were gagging for it but I had my suspicions 😉

Definitely bed time now lol.

• scout

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Respect to all involved in the peotest. I will post my protest pic later.

Be good

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:22 AM

AC…Yeah, a line has been crossed I feel.

Before I do go, I have to say how great it is to see toon fans enjoying themselves again.

Sleep well all, we have a fun filled day ahead.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:22 AM

Good man Scout! HWTF!

• Munster Mag

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:25 AM

from other thread….hi Pop, i remember having rows with Beefman a couple of years back. Was he an Ashley disciple too? Good God, sometimes people are too stupid to see whats looking at them in the face. Do u know what we need now ? John Hall, Keegan and David Kelly!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Ibiza…still has no idea how I post a pic on twitter 🙂 (I never use that crap lol)

• Ibizatoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Munster…I’m off to bed now, so before I go, it was all Pardews fault! 🙂

Jesper…Honestly! 🙂 Not really much of a twit myself (opening up the door there), email it over. I’ll sort it over my morning coffee. Maybe the 3rd cup.

I know you’re busy with the family, but if you get time tomorrow, come join me for our own blog boycott party. No reason all those “real” fans get all the fun, us “armchair” fans have got just as much right! 🙂

HWTF – Now really, I’m going to bed. I think.

• SUTTY1978

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:39 AM

HWTF

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:41 AM

HWTF Ibiza 🙂

…I’ll try and make it! Has posted something on twitter I think (go check it out)

• MidlandsMag

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:36 AM

HWTF!

• Setchell

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:48 AM

HWTF

• Moonraker15

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:04 AM

LOOKING FORWARD TO TODAY’S EVENTS!

HWTF

• Moonraker15

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Carver is the luckiest man ever to get that job even if it is temporary. He has no idea what is going on around him. Why did he not insist on Santon staying? I’m sure if he’d put the case forward, the goons would have listened to him.
    Now he says he doesn’t know why the fans are unhappy! It beggars belief!

HWTF