Top Striker Gives Newcastle Hope This Summer

Manchester United and Liverpool are both said to be interested in signing 22 year-old top striker Danny Ings this summer, but Danny has said he doesn’t want to end up on the bench at whatever club he chooses to join in the summer.

danny ings in silver

Danny Ings – wants to play at new club

Danny has also visited Spain to talk to David Moyes, who is now manager of Real Sociedad and German club Borussia Monchengladbach have also shown an interest, and we’re sure Newcastle would want to sign the free agent in the summer.

It’s what Danny has said in the Independent today that may encourage Newcastle that they have a chance to sign the big powerful striker:

“One thing I don’t want to do is go somewhere and, not rot, but all of a sudden disappear for a while.You don’t really get a look-in. I always back myself and no matter what step I take next I want to do well.”

“One thing I do want next year no matter where I am – and I don’t know where that is going to be – is to work with a manager who is going to coach me and really develop me as a player.”

“That’s all you can ask for, to learn and be the best you can be. It is important that you do get football. A lot of other things can suck you in when it comes to moves, and I am sure that it has happened in the past to people.”

“My main aim next year is, wherever I am, to play football and to enjoy it and develop.” “You don’t want to have a good couple of years, come through the Championship, have a good first year in the Premier League and then not play in the Premier League for another year or so, because that is a backward step.”

No matter what contract anyone is on it is important that you are playing football. It is a short career and you have to earn a living but at the same time playing football is the best way to get better contracts anyway. That’s the way I look at things.”

One example Danny will have been aware of is the former QPR and on-loan Newcastle striker Loic Remy signed on at Chelsea last summer, and has seen very little action in London this year.

Loic seems to be third striker behind Diego Costa and Didier Drogba at the Blues, although Loic is out injured at the moment.

That second last paragraph above is also hinting that if Burnley are relegated this season, he would not want to stay at the Lancashire side and play in the Championship, after doing so well in the Premier League this season, where he has scored 9 goals in 30 Premier League games.

Newcastle will have difficulty signing some of their top targets this summer, because our star has fallen so much over the last couple of years, and those supposed big summer transfers will only happen if we are still in the Premier League at the end of May.

• cyprus

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Danny,
    a very long-winded answer to say ‘I just want to play’, mate. Anyway, no one will give you that guarantee, not even at NUFC. Unless you are Messi.

• nut meg

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Apart from being a very decent young player who wants to improve he’s also a level headed one. I’d like him to come to the toon if possible.

• Reyantoon

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:53 AM

So how is this protesting look like? I mean
    I live far away from the north east or uk ,like many in here,but I know what’s going on inside and outside of the club I dearly support,however I don’t support the boycotting at this time bcoz our team is trouble regarding safety from relegation and it needs big support from it’s fans.
    so is this some kind of protest that will take place outside the stadium or is it just about avoiding to attend today’s match?
    can anyone explain?

• ilovetoon8788

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:53 AM

A good coach that wants to develop him?

Means he won’t be coming here for sure.

• Lindisfarne

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Ings will move to Southampton or Everton, or even Villa if they sell Benteke. Toon need to make a marquee signing in order to attract a good Head Coach and more ‘top top’ players. I very much doubt it will come to pass and we will only get more average ability. I hope Derby demand too much compensation.

• mindshaft

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Ings also said he want to work with a manager who can develop him and make him a better player – well that’s us out – Carver and Stone will take him backwards

• Jamesnufc94

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Don’t know why people rave on about ings he’s nowt special just average

• Moonraker15

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Reyantoon

Don’t worry about the protest affecting performances; they’ve lost more games than ever in front of a virtually full house !

• Moonraker15

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:33 PM

As for Ings coming to toon! Don’t make me laugh we are only gonna get foreign players who need a stepping stone with these goons in charge !

• AndyMac

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:06 PM

“One thing I do want next year no matter where I am is to work with a manager who is going to coach me and really develop me as a player.”

and that manager is John Carver ! You heard it here first 😉

• NOVA2967

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:21 PM

A manager…. doesn’t sound like us

Soooo…. I guess he is of to palace. lol

To be honest… with balasie and zaha wimping in crosses it wouldn’t be a bad choice.

Really hope we can get him and Austin together

• NOVA2967