Some Good News For Newcastle

It’s difficult to find any good news these days about Newcastle United, and we are in complete free-fall in the league,  and lost our sixth game in a  row yesterday, which equaled the worst record ever in the PL – that we set last year at this time.

siem de jong in training 18 april 15

Siem de Jong – plays for U21s tonight at Aston Villa – 7:00 pm

There’s a possibility this Saturday at home to Swansea that a new record will be set by this team, which must be one of the worst we’ve ever had in the Premier League.

If our players had some fight and guts and showed it on the pitch then things would be a lot better – even if we still lost games.

The good news is that Siem de Jong will play tonight for the U21 side at Aston Villa and if he comes through the game OK we could see him on the bench against Swansea on Saturday at St. James’ Park.

The Dutch International played the first 45 minutes at St. James’ Park last Wednesday against Derby County’s U21 side and came through it OK, as he continues his recovery from the collapsed lung he suffered in February.

The really good thing about Siem is that as well as being a very good technical player who can score goals, he can also show some leadership on and off the field and that’s a big thing we are completely lacking at the moment – the team seems devoid of leaders.

Daryl Janmaat has been listed as a possible new captain in the summer, but we doubt he’ll be a Newcastle player come September, and Siem de Jong could well become our new captain for next season.

We just hope that Siem can return and maybe help us get that one win we probably need to stay up this season.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:21 PM

I think I’ve been really well behaved today and haven’t littered the blog, so I just want to share what I think might be my favourite picture from yesterday.

HWTF

• Average_Contents

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Suppose I should know by now. Thanks ed.

Sorry what? Put to one side? Until when exactly? Another relegation is upon us? End of next season when undoubtedly we’ll be in the same position through lack of quality and investment? What will you say then? Wait till the teams safe….again. Vicious circle springs to mind.

Now is the time. Not tomorrow not next week, month, year. Now. Why should we wait? We’ve had to put up with shite for long enough.

Is this the jam tomorrow happening again but in a different guise? Wait until the teams safe….then it’ll be wait until we see what he does in the summer.

I’m sick of waiting for something that isn’t going to happen.

We might aswell be heard. We have been heard

• catchy in norway

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:22 PM

everyone clap

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:22 PM

AC…Hang on, I sense we may still be linked with a new player or have news on one of our top prospects yet, see you there? 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:23 PM

This is good news. Carver comes across as being all about creaitivty.

Catchy… *Clap Clap Clap*

• Graeme

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Ibiza @ 9, previous post and @1 above – What a crackin post mate, love it HWTF.

• oldbobaycliffe

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:25 PM

belfast you say we are safer than west ham but they have 43 points plus a goal difference of 0 can you see us getting another 8 points

• Belfast

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM

I didn’t say that. I said West Ham are in terrible form, could see us beating them on the last day. They’ve had 2 wins in 16.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Graeme…It was a cracker! 🙂 Go buy some sweets with your pocket money lad. Ashley doesn’t deserve it.

oldbob….Don’t make the mistake of listening to Belfast. Especially when it comes to numbers higher than 5.

• optimistic prime

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Ibiza

It’s a great picture and gets a message across but I actually feel sorry for the lad.

That’s what we’re fighting for young lads like that, how long until they’re bored and choose another club?

Bollocks to fatty

HWTF

• Average_Contents

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Ibiza

I was thanking ed for the “post at your own peril” bingo he does early morning, mid afternoon.

The rest was for the “let’s get behind the team until we’re safe but then change to let’s wait some more until the summer” brigade.

How are you anyway? Mentally and emotionally drained? That pic was funny, also sad but true.

• Ron Knee

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Belfast
    Of course, sending us down on the last day could be Fat Sam’s ultimate revenge!

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:33 PM

OP…I had a similar discussion with BandB on here last night. I think my joy at the positive turn around didn’t touch on the obvious sorrow and hurt that’s led to this stage.

Bollocks to him indeed.

HWTF.

• jayphoto

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM

anyone going to the swansea game? be interesting to see the attendance and turn out then

• mecannylad

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM

The pic of that lad and his pile of pocket money is worthy of wider circulation.
    HWTF

• Average_Contents

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Hwtf

Fcuk you fatty.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Don’t know iff anyone notice that Aarons was on the pitch doing a bit of light training and kicking a ball. Hopefully we will get a game or two under his belt this season

• Belfast

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:37 PM

I actually think we might pick up a point against Swansea if Carver changes that disaster formation he plays.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:37 PM

AC…I already had a lot of respect, even if I didn’t always agree with everything about previous attempts at protest etc, but my small effort to give some help has made me realise just how much people have done already.

Did you not hear? We’re chasing the cups next season! Gonna spend big! Honest, THIS time it will be different.

This is only the beginning. Fans have found and will continue to find something to believe in. Their love for the club.

Really tired today 🙂

• Belfast

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Riverier up front with Perez or Cabella playing of him.

• Wayayman

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Lilongwe, is that 54 points since Boxing Day 2013?

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Belfast…You could have cut that sentence down.

“I actually think we might pick up a point against Swansea if Carver changes”

A point, at home, to Swansea. It’s 2015 and this is affordable football, provided by SJP@SD

Are we not ready to get our club back people? Release the shackles, it’ll feel good. I promise. It doesn’t need to be this way.

We have a position where we have to be grateful towards a company like wronga to “give us back” the name of our stadium. Yuck. Gross.

Enough. United We Stand. HWTF.

Right, I’m going to go try do some “real work” 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM

ibiza – you should see if you could send that image of the kid with his poster to the Editor of the Chronicle and maybe other reporters countrywide who report on the Toon – sums up a lot of people’s feelings.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Average

So you’ve had a boycott.

What do you want to happen now? What do you expect to happen?

• Wayayman

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Blackley and Brownlie, how about another boycott, this time with more awareness and hopefully more people? It’s about momentum, not instant results.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Charlie…That would be good for him to get his injury demons out of the way before seasons end.

Thanks for your feedback earlier by the way. It’s all a bit of a mess, isn’t it? I read “emotional blackmail” being used yesterday, find it hard to say it’s inaccurate.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Ibiza

What do you mean “get our club back”? You have a boycott and you’re on the road to getting our club back? Talk me through the plan to get the club back through boycotting?

• optimistic prime

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Lg

That doesn’t make good reading at all.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Wayayman
    So how do you get our club back through boycotting or anything else? How does it pan out? Who takes over?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Wayayman,
    Yeah, that is it. 42 points in the 38 games during the 2014 calendar year. 3 on boxing day 2013, and 9 this calendar year.

• optimistic prime

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Why would anyone beleive we’re going to spend next year? I’d really like to know.

There’s was plenty to spend in the summer but instead we got Ferreya on loan.

So I’d really like to know why people beleive we will?

THE MONEY WAS THERE IN THE SUMMER BUT WASNT TOUCHED.

HWTF

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Blackley…For me, the first step is getting ourselves back. We have been brainwashed for too long with “reasonable” arguments. Now, they are reasonable in the sense the club needed change.

You keep trying to say that people aren’t happy because we want the reckless spending of the previous regime. I wont speak for everyone, but for me, that is false and extremely unhelpful on your part. So can we put that to one side? I’m not interested in a discussion where you keep pulling me back to the regime buzz topics of “profit” and “return to the disaster of the previous regime”. Neither are what this is about.

I find it hard, as I’ve already told you, to take you seriously. I honestly don’t believe you’re interested in debating the issue. Just looking to find a way to put it down. I hope you prove me wrong.

Which does lead me nicely to something else. More than anything, I’d love Ashley to prove me and others wrong. I was willing him to do so for long enough. He hasn’t, he isn’t and I’ve no reason to think he will.

I need to do something. I don’t, yet, have all the answers. But together? Anything is possible. Absolutely believe that with all of my heart. Perhaps you could stop being so destructive with the first steps, then we could put more time in to the next ones?

If this has come accross rude or attacking in any way, then I do apologies. You and I could lead by example, try things another way? Perhaps?

• optimistic prime

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Blackley

If the entire human race had your attitude of why try and what if, we’d all still be swinging in the tree’s!

• Ibizatoon

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:56 PM

If you’re up for it Blackley, I have a question for you.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:57 PM

OP
    Form since xmas says were doomed for relegation unless Ashley invests substantially. Ashley knows the cost of relegation. He also knows the riches available in the Premier League. He would have to be a financial dunce not to invest in the summer. What’s wrong with this logic?

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Sparky,
    I said on here before that I think he was going to hang around until Pardews eight year deal had ran out, by that time he would have had all his money back and more and he could then sell every saleable asset and glafy watch us plummet.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Blackley,
    The same could be said of the form from Christmas last season as well. He invested, but didn’t strengthen properly and we are now in the same position again.

I guess that makes him a financial dunce, and not a certainty to invest heavily and correctly this summer.

• Macas

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Not wanting to put a downer on the boycott, but you have to remember it was just after losing to the mackems, the game was on a Sunday and it was televised. Doing exactly the same next week might not achieve the same numbers. Why not protest outside the game, then make it a full house inside the ground and roar the team on? Make your voice heard both outside and inside the ground.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:01 PM

OP
    I’m just trying to see what you’re trying to achieve? So far you seem to be unsure. I’m open to any questions.

1 2 3 7