Newcastle Linked With Star Championship Winger

Newcastle United have been linked with Birmingham City winger Demarai Gray, according to a report in Goal, and we were first linked with Gray while Lee Clark was still the manager at Birmingham last summer.

Demarai Gray

Demarai Gray – Newcastle linked with winger

The 18 year-old youngster has already played for the England U18 and U19 sides, and Newcastle are always interested in recruiting good young players, and a new priority on Tyneside is to get more Englishmen to the club.

Demarai played 9 times with one goal last season for his home town club, and he has already played 40 times with six goals this season, and he has been one of top young stars in the Championship.

The other club said to be interested in the player this season is Aston Villa, and with their comeback under new manager Tim Sherwood this year, where they have reached the FA Cup final and will be bought by a rich Chinese consortium in May, it may be that Villa would be a better option for the talented youngster.

Gray’s contract runs out at the end of June, but with the player being under 24 Birmingham would still be due some compensation, but the young winger would be a great acquisition for Newcastle if we can get him to the club.

Liverpool and Spurs have also been credited with an interest in the young left winger, but it’s difficult to know if those links are accurate.

We do expect Newcastle to bring is some very good teenagers to the club this summer, as well as more experienced players, because the Newcastle squad has be rebuilt in the summer, if we are to have a decent side next season and not be fighting relegation.

If Newcastle avoid relegation this season, it will be really interesting to see if there are any meaningful changes that Mike Ashley will make in the running of the Tyneside club.

His policies have proved to be unsuccessful in the almost eight years he has been the owner.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Mecanny lad

Looked on right move but it doesn’t appear.

Well done for finding email addresses etc. I suppose it boils down to how far people are prepared to take the fight now.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Find it odd that Sir Les is knocking the appointment of a caretaker manager until season’s end given he is Head of Football Operations at QPR, and worked with Fernandes on appointing Chris Ramsey as caretaker manager to the end of the season…..

• lesh

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM

By goodness, we’re really meaning business this window eh? Trawling the Championship, exploring a loan from Man United……. Exciting or what?

What next, a swoop for Whitley Bay’s top players?

• John Tudor

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:38 PM

we can be linked with a whole string of sausages who gives a fcuk with this lot in charge

• lochinvar

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Lesh – so spot on.
    Championship players for a championship team – or investment fodder for the Cashley machine ?

• Thump

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM

@betty: Here’s the Zoopla page.

Either way, looking at Company Check, Linda Ashley has registered a good few businesses there (9, to be precise) and I’m fairly sure they’re separated. I got a bit of “itk” knowledge a few years back (around the time Virgin took over our sponsorship) that said they had reconciled and Ashley was hoping to sell up so he could focus on his marriage so idk.

Basically: It might be his ex wifes house rather than his. Don’t think I’d be comfortable saying it’s definitely his until I’ve seen confirmation myself.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Tuff

You’re making such a meal of this. It’s very simple. Everyone will understand it. No need for arguments about a rich man or trips from Australia.

Dead simple. Those fans who spend many hours of their lives and a lot of their wealth supporting NUFC home and away, including abroad are IMO the best supporters of all. You may think you’re every bit as good as them in your support and commitment. You may think the fan who has never been to SJP in his life is as good and committed as them and has as much at stake. That’s up to you. Don’t worry about it. You don’t have to justify yourself to me and go to excruciating lengths. You are a policeman, yeah?

• bettyswallocks

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Thump

I found it with the postcode. Just me being thick.

I think he is now back with his wife and it looks a lovely house.

I agree with you when you say it’s scarey territory and I don’t want to instigate anything unlawful.

Do you think a few demonstrators outside his house is morally wrong? All things considered?

• Lindisfarne

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:56 PM

As we are being linked with an British manager I was wondering who else might be a more tempting target from lower down the league. It might be worth a vote or draw a few comments, the list order is according to time served at the club and win %

Karl Robinson MK Dons 46.32%
    Phil Parkinson Bradford 34.26%
    Nigel Pearson Leicester 46.02%
    Steve Evans Rotherham 42.8%
    Paul Cook Chesterfield 46.10%
    Sean Dyche Burnley 37.19%
    Gary Bowyer Blackburn 36.73%
    Kenny Jackett Wolves 52.04%
    Steve McClaren Derby 55.43%
    Aitor Karanka Middlesborough 55.22%

• reilly

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Also why is his address being bandied about? Getting into creepy territory here.totaly agree thump.
    we have the media on our side,stuff like this will turn the media against us.and make ashley the victim.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Lindifarne,
    If we are looking further down the leagues we were heavily linked with Graham Westley, the Stevenage manager both when Hughton got the job, and when Pardew got it. He has been in and out of the Stevenage, and is thought to know Ashley as well.

• Belfast

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Just seen a picture of his wife, she’s defo not a gold digger like haha

• Wayayman

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:10 PM

FWIW, Ashley lives about 10 minutes away from me and there’s no way anyone should even think about demonstrating or protesting any where near the blokes house. As much as I hate what he’s doing to our club, I’ll defend anyone’s right to live safely in their own home.
    Demo/protest outside any of his shops and that’s a different story.

Who are the SD competitors these days? JD? Or does he own them too? Why not have 10,000 JD logos printed up for the match on Saturday and have everyone hold them up at a set time? Pee him off by promoting his competition, that’ll get his attention…

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Wayayman,
    Sports Direct own 13% of JD Sports

• Lindisfarne

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

I never knew about Graham Westley but I get the impression he is more suited to managing in the south, as is Eddie Howe. I have just been looking at Alex Neil (Norwich 70%) he has only been in the job 100 days but looks like he could make a decent coach.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:16 PM

I don’t understand why every keeps knocking the efforts of the players. In the game on Sunday and other games prior to that I thought they were putting a lot into the games.

What they were lacking imo was structure and tactics, they did look as if they wanted to get a result but didn’t have the skill or guile to turn their efforts into goals.

It’s easy to blame the players and say their heart isn’t in the games but I don’t think that that is the case. No body likes to lose and I’m sure they are not going onto the pitch thinking to themselves I don’t give a sh!te about this game whether we win or lose.

Our lads had enough yellow cards to show they were trying.

What I wonder about is what JC is doing on the training ground there is something desperately wrong with our approach to games. Nowt wrong with the players determination and desire to do better though.

• mecannylad

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Of course we need to tread very carefully (and this will be especially more difficult without a true identifiable leader in our ranks)
    Sure, there is a risk of going off at a dangerous tangent ….. but remember, behind every successful man there is a woman at home telling him what to do.
    …. and by all accounts it was Pardew’s wife who finally told him to ‘get the f**k out of this horrible mess’

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:20 PM

Lindisfarne,
    I think the only reason Westley has been linked in the past is because he knows Ashley.

Neil did well at Hamilton, but I know very little about how his teams play or what his coaching style is like.

• PennStateToon

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Ibiza,

Thanks for noting my post. Thought I had typed all that for nothing. Just a view certainly. Residing across the pond, I don’t have the pulse of the city but in my mind that’s how it seemed. Don’t post all that often, mostly just taking everything in with great interest. Seems a sure sign of a fool to try and win arguments with people over opinions.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Wayayman

Ok. You make a good point. I’m just sitting here convalescing , bored and frustrated.

I put myself in his shoes and that was one thing I would struggle to deal with,

However I do agree now that someone’s home is off limits.

The paparazzi don’t seem to care though so maybe they will insist on speaking to him somewhere down the line.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Essex Geordie Bill
    I was at the match on Sunday. I normally don’t criticise the players for effort. But they really were appalling. At one stage I completely lost my blob with the lot of them and Carver’s apathy in particular. I note my view was borne out by the pundits.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM

PennState

It’s all about opinions based on arguments. Not based on abuse which is too often the retort.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM

blackley – I am not the one making such a meal of the better supporter debate. You commenced it and I am exploring
    what exactly you mean.
    With regard to your latest post, you again misrepresent what I have said. I mentioned only a few short posts ago that the concept of a “better fan” never enters my head and used the term equal fans yet you now state “you may think you’re every bit as good as them in your support….”.
    Could you please explain where I have said I’m better or inferred so – well no you cannot because I’ve never said it and you’ve just invented it -despite you recently objecting to mis-information being placed on the blog.
    I do not try to justify anything but explaining matters fully is not within your term of “excrutiating lengths”. I dare say many fellow bloggers will recall the “Arrest Percy debate” where you argued black was white despite myself and others informing you of the correct legal situation – you did not want to hear or listen to it and just kept arguing about nowt.
    You have demonstrated again today, after being skilfully boxed in, that you are not interested or consider the opinions of others despite claiming otherwise. Your were given the opportunity to row back from your position of intransigence but cannot bring yourself to do it despite failing to argue any case at all. I tried to be magnanimous but to no avail. Now I have to give my summation in colloquial terms. You sir are an argumetative tw*t, and have had your arse well and truly twanged today.
    Fellow bloggers will have the measure of you today. You are not worth bothering with.

• PennStateToon

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Blackley,

I agree. That’s why I don’t post. Nothing but trouble to be had

• beermonkey

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:32 PM

betty

I don’t think it would be a good idea to his house
    what ever the intentions it will be portrayed badly by bishop and co

I did have a look around though nice area some lucky sod had a 4 hole pitch and putt course in there garden

• Lindisfarne

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Out of 98 clubs in Europes Big 5 leagues NUFC are the 93rd worst performing in the past 10 matches (W.Ham 95th).

• BrightonMag

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Blackley and Brownlie…

No abuse from here…However, I do have to question why on earth you would want a man like Ashley to continue running the club the way he is? Are you happy to go week after week to watch the drab, boring rubbish put on the pitch. To have no cup runs because mid-table in the premier league is the target and, to have the club you love constantly ridiculed as the laughing stock of the PL…

Dark days…

• Ron Knee

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Lindisfarne
    Don’t worry. We’ll help WHU out when they come to Newcastle. We’re good at that!

• BrightonMag

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Not to mention the down right underhand accounting going on…63 million profit in the last 4 years, yet only 34.1m in the bank,,,17m higher wages last season even though we bought noone…

If they can’t even tell the truth, I find it astounding anyone could dontinue to believe that replacing him would be a bad idea.

• BrightonMag

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:39 PM

BAH…continue*

• Online Guy

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Just spoke to Neil Osborne who is handling the sale of the land lease for Ashley at strawberry place/ Gallowgate end .

There has been plenty of interest up to date but no outright buyer..the land has not changed hands as yet.

I know there was a meeting with Neil and Supporters , and it was said the main problem to expansion of the ground was the Metro station..

As the Land has not changed hands yet ..and this has been backed up by Durham Land registry to me last week , then is it not time to Lobby Ashley to stop him selling what is a public and community Amenity …

.. Get Ashley to change his plans on selling the land lease for short term gain ?.

NUST and TRUST can you have a pop at Ashley and the chron on this and open the debate up again …

Keep up the great work Lads

Ashley oot.

Its not to late to stop the sale of the Land.

• Pokat

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Blackley, I asked you yesterday for your opinion on what fans should do regarding the worst results and league form in living memory, without using accounts that is. Are you of the wait and see persuasion?

• BandB

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:42 PM

I remember when Blackley first arrived on this blog as a refugee from another.

Do you remember your story Blackley?

That you’d been drive off by the unreasonableness of all of the rest of them, including the moderator, and your own brother?

You had been right and the rest of them had bullied you by REFUSING to admit it?

To alienate one blog is unlucky.

To alienate TWO looks like carelessness.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Pokat
    There’s been worse times. A lot worse.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Penn State Toon – what no comments from you about veiled threats to assault fellow fans – or did you miss that bit.

• Online Guy

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Blackley and Brownlie…………QQ

Are you a Mike Ashley supporter ?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:55 PM

BandB

If you speak your mind on a blog, and you go against the majority, you tend to get stick. It often degenerates and the minority just leave because they can’t take the abuse. You end up with a core of people of a similar mind. Bloggers post ridiculous misinformation that goes unchallenged. People start believing it and it’s a vicious circle that gets worse.

On the Toonsy’s blog I used to ridicule and satire my brother Troy Stavers who was a blog bully boy. His henchman held the blog hammer. Troy couldn’t stand the tables being turned and would take a hissy fit. He’s famous for them. Just ask Aussie Magpie Fan and Mark. He left the blog when I came on. Dave couldn’t stand up for himself without Troy and hated his pro-Pardew views being satirised. To get Troy back he had to ban me. Go on Toonsys blog and have a straw poll. Who would lift the ban on Blackleg?

• Online Guy

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Did someone miss the dartboard ?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 21, 2015 at 4:58 PM

PC Tuff
    Veiled threats to assault. Perleeese. You sound like a cop almost every time you post.

1 2 3 6