Newcastle Interested In Manchester City Striker

Newcastle were interested in Swedish and Manchester City striker John Guidetti three years ago, when he was on loan at Feyenoord and had a great season with 20 goals in 23 appearances for the famous Dutch club.

john guidetti

John Guidetti – on loan at Celtic

Since 2010 Guidetti has been on loan at various clubs,  and this season he is on loan at Celtic,  and has scored 15 goals and 12 assists in 34 appearances for the Scottish giants.

The one thing that alerts Newcastle to good players is the potential of getting a good deal – make that a cheap deal –  and this summer Guidetti becomes a free agent when his contract at Manchester City finally runs out.

The twice capped Swedish International played 17 times for the Swedish U21 side and scored 9 goals, and he is wanted by a number of clubs across Europe, which is not surprising.

The 23 year-old hasn’t been given much of a chance at City, and he has played only once for their first team in the League Cup a few years ago, but on loan over the last four or five years at various clubs he’s played 77 first team games with 39 goals and 22 assists.

And in addition he has made 29 appearances for the Manchester City U21 side with 20 goals and 6 assists – so he looks to be a good player – if given a chance.

The news today is that Newcastle have only recently become interested again in the 6ft 1 ins striker, although Marseilles are also tracking the player, and Feyenoord are said to be in negotiations with the player.

The reports suggest that John will wait until the end of the season before making a decision as to which club he will sign for, and some of that is out of respect to Celtic.

The Celtic fans have taken the striker to heart, and he has an excellent relationship with them, which isn’t that surprising.

We think John would be a decent signing for Newcastle, and he’s certainly a natural goalscorer who is also a physical type of player.

But we have to admit if Newcastle appoint either Steve McClaren or John Carver as the head coach in May, it’s going to be very difficult for us to attract top players to a club which has only limited ambitions – other than tho stay in the Premier League to pick up the big money every May.

It’s a worrying thought.

What do you think?

• Ron Knee

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Will he take a zero-hour contract?

• Mint

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:55 PM

I dont believe any of these stories. I believe the AGENTS are interested to mention as many clubs as they want, but NUFC do things so strangely i doubt the usual sources even know who is in their sights.
    Until the payer themselves says it, im ignoring

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:55 PM

REPOST:

Ibiza

I note your earlier post about me.

There are various ways people try to deal with somebody who fundamentally disagrees with them. One is to argue a point politely. Another is to insult them and give them dogs abuse. Another is to write them off as a WUM. Another is to use a bit of satire and teasing, all in good fun.

Your way is most unusual and quite rare. You try to come across as the reasonable man. As if what you are saying is perfectly reasonable and what I’m saying is completely off the map and negative. Just by stating it often enough (without even backing it up) you try to get traction to it and undermine the integrity of the other person.

How can I engage with you or anyone properly when you portray me repeatedly as performing an act, as not believing what I’m saying? The following is just typical of your sanctimonious line:

“I have given Blackley countless opportunities to drop the act, find some middle ground and then debate the actual issues. He just isn’t interested.”

You have indeed started your posts to me by saying you’re giving me the opportunity to drop the act. Who opens up a serious discourse in all sincerity in such condescending terms? Your trouble is you have been cocooned on here for so long with like minded people that you find my views to be completely untenable and therefore not to be taken seriously.

And so I challenge you now. Tell me one point I have argued about, give the full exchange, and show where I have been unreasonable. My main arguments are that you want to boycott, but you have no new owner lined up so you have no end game; any new owner would have to make profits to be able to reinvest them; other clubs in a similar position are equally finding it difficult and many are making losses; the interest free loan far outweighs the relatively paltry loss of advertising; our commercial income has increased significantly lately and still far exceeds sunderlands; the vast majority did not join in the boycott and so you’re splitting the support; you would be better off protesting outside SD if you want rid of Ashley; we now have at least some funds to invest because we now have cash, unlike some other clubs; some are trying to peddle misinformation about the finances; and some exaggerate the numbers supporting the boycott.

I’ve argued that Ashley is a disgrace in many respects but so are many other owners. Some even want to change club names and colours. Any rich new owner will be in it for the money. We can’t compete with the big clubs anyway. That’s the reality but Ashley gets the blame for not fulfilling fans unrealistic expectations.

Some of you say the goal of the boycott is simply to get Ashley out and some say it’s not. You’re divided among yourselves. I say I’ve seen the club in much worse states on the footballing side and Ashley has saved the club from financial ruin and years of torpor that we were heading for.

• Slank

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Jail

Contrary to your view the company was great when I was ill. They were extremely supportive. They were the top payers, had the best benefits and had fantastic opportunities for their staff. The work ethic was very strong. But it was only for people who wanted it. Layabouts and shirkers were weeded out pretty quickly.

• optimistic prime

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:59 PM

April 22, 2015
    Blackley

In your opinion you’ve been reasonable.

Ibiza IMO is the most fair poster on here.
    When I first started posting his views where polar opposite to mine but he always made fair and well thought out comments that even if I didn’t agree with always left me with food for thought.

Equally anything I said he took and considered thoughtfully without any animosity or back handed comment.

Ibiza is one of the best posters on here and even if I don’t agree with him I’ll seriously consider what he’s saying, if you aren’t getting the same sort of responces maybe you should try a different approach when making your points.

Ibiza

If you’re reading this, go boil your head before it swells to much. Turd bag.

• BandB

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Blackley,

I’ve advised him that it was a bad idea to give you another excuse to kick off with the some old “big lie” tactics again this morning.

I understand he has a real job to do, and possibly can’t answer you just exactly when you stamp your tiny feet.

Anyone who reads back through your posts yesterday will see the quality arguments you put forward. “Ignore the photographs, they are lying,” being the best of them.

I didn’t see you win any arguments yesterday. I saw you getting barmier, angrier and more incoherent, before storming off cursing the lot of us, like Malvolio.

• optimistic prime

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Are the targets were linked with this week the ones JC is excited about?

Shows how far the club has fallen, championship and SPL players.

Whoopy do

• Ron Knee

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Slank@4
    Sounds just like NUFC!

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:05 PM

I’d love to see Ibiza being interviewed on tv on Northumberland Street outside SD at the head of a large army.

“The club says the interest free loan from Mike Ashley far offsets the amount lost in free advertising so why are you protesting? What professional figures are you quoting to say that the free advertising is worth more than an interest free loan of £130m?”

“You also boycott SJP. How many times have you actually ever been to SJP?”

Now Ibiza might not like this post but I’m making serious points. I’m engaging politely but Ibiza doesn’t like my directness. He struggles to answer and so his tactic is to say I have to drop the act before he will engage.

• Toon Town

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Don’t think he would take the step down from celtic if im honest

• optimistic prime

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:10 PM

I’m sure ibiza will respond when he’s not busy, he’s at work at the minute as BandB says.

• Slank

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:11 PM

From Previous

Blackley and Brownlie @ 97

‘…I wouldn’t propose protests all over the world. Just one or two SD stores locally where the mass support is. Pictures can travel all over the world. The fans don’t need to…’

That’s very realistic as I have been saying that to inflict financial damage on SD and by default Ashley by targeting all outlets is impractical. Targeting one or two local outlets is practical but will not impact on SD and Ashley. I’m not sure pictures travelling the world unless something really terrible happened. The rest of the football world doesn’t care about Newcastle.

• smoke beer, drink tabs

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Hope this isn’t the start of us being linked with all the usual suspects again. It will be gamiero and erdinc next!!!

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:11 PM

BandB
    You wouldn’t accept my estimate of the crowd even though I was in the ground and go all of the time so can make a fair guess. So I looked for someone to corroborate what I was saying. I looked to NUFC.COM. My figure and theirs were very close. You have failed to provide any source of your own. You kid yourself. No inaccuracies from me.

• BandB

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:15 PM

I don’t know how many times I have to say it on here and in how many different languages.

Blackley has NO INTENTION of debating with anyone.

Anyone who tries to reason with him will get another round of his ludicrous and patently discredited claim that the ground was nearly full on Sunday. And that is his only aim.

This is the very angry man who stood outside the ground on Sunday in bright colours hoping to crack people out for a physical confrontation. Fifty years a fan too. You’d think at that age he’d have more dignity.

Blackley…you can be as petulant and strutting as you like with Ibizatoon. He was well respected and liked on this blog even by those who disagreed with him while you were still in the process of getting yourself ejected from another blog.

Ibiza owes you no argument or even acknowledgement.

• Slank

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Ron @ 8

Newcastle are too soft.

But don’t get me wrong as I don’t want to go back to the Shepherd days of hiring and firing managers but there is a balance between loyalty and being ruthless.

Letting Pardew leave when he did, albeit receiving compensation from Palace, is probably now seen in retrospect as a bad decision. But this is me and the benefit of hindsight.

• BandB

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:24 PM

The view of someone with no anti-Ashley axe to grind

Charlie in the Gallowgate // Apr 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM

“Belfast
    A lot of fans got up and walked out when the spuds scored their first goal, others swapped seats for the popular side cos the sun was shining on that part of the ground, it was f**n freezing. Crowd inside ground lucky to be 30,000. Don’t know how many were at the boycott, I thought there would be more. I just think the whole club stinks of apathy including me I am am usually angry p**sed off when we get beat, but not that bothered and that’s sad.
    The club has lost it’s soul.
    47,00 in ground – my a**e – take 20,000 off more like-it!!!”

• Ibizatoon

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Has anyone seen Scottoon since this?

I hope his bum didn’t get stuck in that snow…

• Pokat

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Crowd schmoud, accounts schmaccounts haha Blackley all you’ve said so far is his other folks are wrong but still no answer in your long term solution to our glaring and persistent problems. Any thoughts on making an actual stand anytime me lad?

• Ibizatoon

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Even Ashley had fun on Sunday…Who wouldn’t?

• Ibizatoon

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Most importantly, no White Stipe fans out there?

You just can’t take the effect and make it the cause…

HWTF!

• BandB

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:28 PM

From NUFC.COM

“Hundreds of fans assembled outside the Gallowgate End before and after Sunday’s game to call for the owner’s departure, but thousands more stayed away entirely – opting to watch it on live TV at home or in pubs, or do something completely different instead.
    That left the game to be played with around 10,000 empty seats scattered across all four sides of the stadium, although an official attendance of 47,427 was announced – that figure based on match tickets sold.”

• Ibizatoon

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:30 PM

“I ain’t the reason that you gave me
    No reason to return your call
    You built a house of cards
    And got shocked when you saw them fall
    Well I ain’t saying I’m innocent
    In fact the reverse
    But if your heading to the grave
    you Don’t blame the hearse
    You’re like a little girl yelling at her brother
    Cause you lost his ball”

• Mr Magpie

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Band B@15
    If Blackley or anyone else thinks the ground was nearly full on Sunday they are clearly dillusional.
    Unfortunately he just like Jeff always appears to looking for an argument of some kind, making ridiculous comments designed to antagonise other posters into a response.
    Ibiza always has a fair & balanced approach to discussions & should not feel the need to lower himself to petty squabbles with the likes of the above mentioned.

• hibbit

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:34 PM

BLACKLEY AND BROWNLIE OUT JEFF FROM BENWELL OUT WELSH GEORDIE OUT THE 3 STOODGES OUT JUST IGNORE THEM GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE 3 WUM’S

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:39 PM

The bottom line is what Martin Samuels (Daily Mail chief sports writer ) said on the Sunday Supplement .
    I think it was Slank referred to it.

The fans have every right to protest .

Ashley has every right to manage his property as he sees fit.

The open letter from the fans forum should achieve much more than lots of badly organised and not very well supported boycotts.You just know that if it had been NUFC that had scored the 3rd goal in the match instead of Spurs that folk would have just sat tight .

Ashley is rarely in the North East

Charnley is around every day
    People should be doorstepping him and pestering him for quotes

Jaw jaw not War war

• Wayayman

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Hello gang… 😉

Just a point for anyone mentioning the interest free loan from Ashley being compensated by his advertising for free – well, believe it or not Ashley owns the club, so has he loaned the money to himself?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:51 PM

BandB

I estimated more than 40,000 and nearer 450000. You had it much less than this according to your photos. You couldn’t make it up. Only in this case you have.

Remind everyone of your figure and what you said to me. Remind them that I said what I’ve just said above. It’s all on the blog in bkack and white. Are you disputing NUFC.COM’s estimate too because it doesn’t agree with your photos?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Mr Magpie
    Read what I have said. Read what BandB said when I estimated it was easily more than 40000 and probably nearer 45000. What are you saying it was? Were you there or were you just looking at a photo of a half empty stadium ad proof?

• gazboat

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Don’t believe any new signings until done and dusted !
    If Charver selected next season expect 35000 mugs still pandering to Cashleys penny pinching .
    These NUFC Shyte should never wear a black n white top again !
    Top of the list. Willow
    Shammy
    Ryan taylor
    Obertan
    Elliott
    Tiote
    Chucky
    Anita
    All championship standard at there best ?
    Players to move forward with
    De Jong,dummet ,krul, janmatt,Armstrong,,abeid ,colback ,Perez ,hiadara,woodman ,
    Sisocko on his way ,Colo past it , not sure on Rivera yet ?
    No protest will shift Cashley tv money aside he ain’t that bit interested .
    Season ticket mean jack shit in this sky tv era !
    His club his money as previous posters have said he could quite easily shut shop shut Nufc down ,
    Love the club not the regime
    p.s Charver couldnt run a Sunday league team fact !