Rare Praise For Facundo Ferreyra

Argentine striker Facundo Ferreyra played at Aston Villa on Monday night for the U21 side, in the same game that saw Siem de Jong get 72 minutes, and according to Development manager Peter Beardsley Siem, Adam Armstrong and Facundo were all outstanding for Newcastle.

Facundo Ferreyra 123

Facundo Ferreyra – played well on Monday night

Newcastle won the game 2-1 with two come-back goals from Adam Armstrong after going 1-0 down, and after the game this is some of what Peter Beardsley said:

“The boys were really good – Siem was really good, Facundo was really good and Arma was really good so we had a good core at the top of the team. The three of them were outstanding, I thought.”

“Facundo’s attitude is spot on and that for me is the most important thing in any footballer.” “But tonight he showed good ability.”

“He hit the post with a brilliant shot in the first half and is probably disappointed he missed the second one.”

“Then he did a brilliant turn around Senderos and the goalkeeper made a fantastic save.”

Facundo has been injured most of the season with various ailments such as a bad back, and he is yet to play for the first team, and it has not been a successful loan spell for him.

Facundo was brought in from Shakhtar Donetsk last August, in a belated effort to add some goal scoring power to the side, but it just hasn’t worked out.

Facundo reminds us of Ignacio Gonzalez, a Uruguayan International midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez who joined us on loan on the last day of the 2008 summer transfer window, along with Spanish U21 striker Xisco.

Director of Football at the time Dennis Wise brought those players in and it ended with manager Kevin Keegan leaving the club that September, because he was told absolutely nothing about those two players being brought in.

And he played only twice as a late substitute early in the season, and when he was actually fit again from his Achilles problems, the season was over and we were supposed to have paid £1M for the loan spell.

It seems the same thing will happen with Facundo this season, and we’re still not sure why we kept Facundo on loan in January.

You cannot accuse Newcastle of running a good ship these days – it often appears at times we just don’t know what we’re doing.

• Lindisfarne

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:00 AM

A direct link to VOTE for Alder & Sweeny as football fans of the year. If you don’t like the Mirror or awards on the whole please just vote in this one category.

• Lindisfarne

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:00 AM

HWTF

• midweek weekend

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Doubt ferreyra will ever play for us, saw him pre season and once for our soccer am cross bar challenge, he missed mind, but surely the state we’re in and the stage of the season it’s too late to try and blood a new striker, overall terrible loan move for all parties.

• Slank

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:08 AM

What is there to lose if we play Facundo Ferreyra, Siem de Jong and Adam Armstrong from the start ?

The current forwards have not exactly hit the heights although to be fair to Perez he has never stopped trying and always looks dangerous. Team that Carver won’t pick for Saturday:

Krul
    Janmaat – Williamson – Colo – Dummitt
    Abeid – Colback
    Armstrong – de Jong – Perez
    Ferreyra

• SuperShearer

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Can someone help me out with something: When Ashley took over the club did he not tell us that he would back Newcastle to the tune of £20 million a season of his own money? Maybe I’m getting that wrong but it sounds familiar. If that is the case and we’ve just turned an £18 million profit, where does his money come in?

I guess my really question is this: If you were a multi-billionaire and you bought a football club would you not want to enjoy the experience? Because it doesn’t seem to me that Ashley does enjoy it AT ALL. For the record Mr. Ashley there are quicker, more profitable ways of making money than owning a football club yet here we sit in a stalemate, you hate us, we hate you and we’re both sitting here miserable. If you can’t find a buyer why not float the club on the market? Set your share asking price and slowing begin to sell it off. People will buy shares in this club, you’d be surprised at how quickly they’re snapped up.

• optimistic prime

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:20 AM

So JC and SM are the top candidates out the 90 applications, my arse.
    It took Ashley 90seconds to say fcuk you and give Carver the job.

As for players leaving I’m not fussed 90% are just shite or cowards. People shouldn’t be more worried about players leaving they should be worried about the fans leaving.

The worm has turned, the club should be doing everything they can to get us onside, but hey do nowt is their MO.

Charver Charnley are judas plain and simple anything for a few quid, they should be embarrassed especially JC.

The attitude of wait and see has got us here in the position the club now sees itself, what are you waiting for Ashley to wipe his arse on the club crest?

He’s already pissed all over it!

A fool and his money are easily parted.

The bloke being shown around the ground was Small World choosing his new seat, it’s the fans with his attitude that’s making this struggle harder. Him and no marks like Blackley who know what’s wrong but sit on their arses bitching at fans who want change.

When the club implodes due to there apathy they’ll be wiping their tears away with a wonga top whilst Ashley spins there season ticket money on a roulette table laughing his fat mans tits off.

Fcuk Ashley fcuk carver and fcuk that baldy bitch Charnley.

HWTF

• martoon

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Ibiza from previous topic.
    Like most people I’m far from happy – I didn’t boycott for personal reasons (that I won’t detail here) but I do support the campaign. I still believe the real way to get at Ashley is protest outside his shops like the Rangers fans did.
    As I’ve mentioned before being on DD I had to decide whether to renew my ST back in February – so I have but will thing will have to improve significantly next season before I do so again.
    Incidentally I’ve started following you on Twitter!

• Lindisfarne

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Armstrong————Perez
    —————Cabella
    Colback—–Kemen—–Abeid
    Anita–Colloccini–Janmaat–Satka

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Ibiza

I note your earlier post about me.

There are various ways people try to deal with somebody who fundamentally disagrees with them. One is to argue a point politely. Another is to insult them and give them dogs abuse. Another is to write them off as a WUM. Another is to use a bit of satire and teasing, all in good fun.

Your way is most unusual and quite rare. You try to come across as the reasonable man. As if what you are saying is perfectly reasonable and what I’m saying is completely off the map and negative. Just by stating it often enough (without even backing it up) you try to get traction to it and undermine the integrity of the other person.

How can I engage with you or anyone properly when you portray me repeatedly as performing an act, as not believing what I’m saying? The following is just typical of your sanctimonious line:

“I have given Blackley countless opportunities to drop the act, find some middle ground and then debate the actual issues. He just isn’t interested.”

You have indeed started your posts to me by saying your giving me the opportunity to drop the act. Who opens up a serious discourse in all sincerity in such condescending terms? Your trouble is you have been cocooned on here for so long with like minded people that you find my views to be completely untenable and therefore not to be taken seriously.

And so I challenge you now. Tell me one point I have argued about, give the full exchange, and show where I have been unreasonable. My main arguments are that you want to boycott, but you have no new owner lined up so you have no end game; any new owner would have to make profits to be able to reinvest them; other clubs in a similar position are equally finding it difficult and many are making losses; the interest free loan far outweighs the relatively paltry loss of advertising; our commercial income has increased significantly lately and still far exceeds sunderlands; the vast majority did not join in the boycott and so you’re splitting the support; you would be better off protesting outside SD if you want rid of Ashley; we now have at least some funds to invest because we now have cash, unlike some other clubs; some are trying to peddle misinformation about the finances; and some exaggerate the numbers supporting the boycott. I’ve argued that Ashley is a disgrace in many respects but so are many other owners. Some even want to change club names and colours. Any rich new owner will be in it for the money. We can’t compete with the big clubs anyway. That’s the reality but Ashley gets the blame for not fulfilling fans unrealistic expectations. Some of you say the goal of the boycott is simply to get Ashley out and some say it’s not. You’re divided among yourselves. I say I’ve seen the club in much worse states on the footballing side and Ashley has saved the club from financial ruin and years of torpor that we were heading for.

• Sav

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Carver: “There are five games left and we must win one. I believe we can do it. We can’t just say it – we have to do it now. Now is the moment.”
    What an insipid, uninspiring, gutless and shameful thing for any Newcastle United manager to say. Sir Bobby would be roaring at you John Carver. Your incompetence is no excuse.