The Exodus About To Start At Newcastle

There are various reports this morning that Alan Pardew of Crystal Palace is preparing the transfer of Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul to London, and we could see a big shake-up in the squad at Newcastle this summer.

tim krul ornage newcastle strip

Tim Krul – could be on his way

People would generally ask why would a player like Tim Krul want to join a smaller club like Crystal Palace after playing for Newcastle United.

But that’s exactly what Alan Pardew did early this year, and he’s had great success so far in London, and is set on building a top side in the summer with financial support from Chairman Steve Parish, and of course Palace will finish a lot higher in the table than Newcastle this season.

The story is in the Sun, and it wouldn’t surprise us too much if it was true, with 24 year-old Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Karl Darlow coming to Newcastle in the summer to join the first team squad.

We suppose he would fight it out with Rob Elliott for the number one jersey at the club, with 18 year-old talented Freddie Woodman looking like a star in the making, as Newcastle’s future number one goalkeeper.

There will be big changes to the Newcastle squad in the summer, but with Steve McClaren or John Carver as the new head coach it will be that much more difficult for Newcastle to bring in their top targets,  because it’s obvious the ambition levels have not risen at the club.

We could still lose some top players before September, and we can see some big bids coming in for Daryl Janmaat, with Manchester United and Southampton said to be two clubs interested.

And it seems Moussa Sissoko just wants to leave Newcastle to join a bigger and more ambitious club who play in Europe every season.

Cheick Tiote is on his way out too – so it could be a busy summer for Newcastle, but we’d be surprised if any really good players would want to come to Newcastle.

The way the club is run financially by Mike Ashley makes it very difficult for any coach to succeed on Tyneside – although for younger players it could be a good stepping stone to a bigger more successful  club.

• Lindisfarne

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:41 AM

“”Moussa Sissoko just wants to leave””

the sentence could just end there

• Toon-Prodigy

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:43 AM

How many to go..

Krul, Sissoko, Tiote, Obertan, Jonas, by the look of it Janmaat.

Raylor, Taylor, Colo.

What a mess this club is in by Mike Ashley.

• lochinvar

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:45 AM

And just as I you thought it was safe to go back in the water…
    West Ham have become the first club to announce they will reduce season ticket prices as a result of the Premier League’s record television deal.
    Sky and BT Sport have paid £5.13bn for live Premier League television rights for three seasons from 2016-17.
    West Ham’s cheapest adult season ticket that season will cost £289, down from between £620 and £940 for the 2014-15 campaign.
    The 2016-17 season will be the club’s first at the Olympic Stadium.
    West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady said: “We have always said that the move to our magnificent new stadium would be a game changer for West Ham.
    “It was a chance to increase revenue, invest in the team and improve our performance on the pitch, but without putting an extra financial burden on the supporters who already come to watch every home match.
    “This announcement proves we have kept our promise.”

• hibbit

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:45 AM

good morning all ……can any one tell what the agenda is with the 3 stooges as they are doing my head in

• lochinvar

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Who will be left behind….it’s like missing the last bus home

• hibbit

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:49 AM

west ham are doing this to easy the way to the new stadium as a lot of fans did not want to move

• Toon-Prodigy

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:49 AM

We may even keep raylor.

Team for the championship..

Darlow
    R Taylor
    Williamson
    Lacelles
    Haidara
    Sammy
    Anita
    De jong
    Arrons
    Perez
    Armstrong

Lol!

• Rotonda heights

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:51 AM

The only candidates for the head coach position are Carver and McLaren. What kind of future do you think boycotters are jeopardising exactly!!

With those options what’s the fun in being Premiership cannon fodder every season.

If relegation meant the end of Ashley and all his appallingly tacky connections I’d take it.

NUFC is never a happy newsday story.

• Lindisfarne

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Obertan has got another season on his contract, as has Colloccini, S.Taylor, Williamson and Elliot. Definitely leaving due to contracts finishing are R.Taylor, Jonas, Alnwick and Sammy.

Potentially to be sold Krul (also Elliot I hope), Sissoko, Tiote, Cisse, Janmaat, Perez and Aarons?

• Rotonda heights

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Ed

And you wonder why people have had enough and boycotted!!

• Lindisfarne

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:58 AM

HWTF!!!

• the broons

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:58 AM

interesting listening to the radio talk show the other night.
    Lots of Newcastle fans saying that they don’t feel like protesting now is a good option because of our current predicament, yet if we are relegated then they will speak out.
    Erm.. is that not a little too late? If we go down this season i will gurantee you we won’t bounce straight back like last time. The championship has showed in recent seasons that you may have a squad of high profile names however if the squad is low on morale and disjointed not to mention a management team that don’t know what they’re doing then you’re going to struggle.

• hibbit

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:59 AM

to honest if thats the future i think we should just stop going full stop

• Nufc-83

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Would be happy for Krul to go as this season he has started letting in very easy goals added to his already poor distribution and commanding of the area he isnt that great. The only players i 100% want to keep is Jaanmat, Abied, Aarons, Perez, de jong. The rest can all be go.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:07 AM

I wonder whether those leaving will be made out to be the awful villians.

Demanding moves, effecting morale within the group.

I bet by the end of the summer we have a new team, one ready to fight for the shirt, ones who have the right DNA. “The players who are here, now, are dedicatd and know what it means to play for this club, we’ve been telling them all week” or something along those lines.

But we will have to wait and see if it works. If it isn’t working, we’ll have to give them time to adjust, you know, it’s only reasonable.

Within that mix we may well still have JC. Trial period extended due to him not having a proper chance with an injury hit squad and the spirit of Bobby not being available for advice as much as John would have liked.

This all feels so much like the change between Hoots and Pardew. I for one don’t want to take that ride again. Needed changed due to a growing feeling of a toxic set up being dressed up as ambition.

Anyway, i’m pleased to see pictures of Charnely doing the rounds. I have no comment to make about the mystery man, but I’m delighted to see Lee – I was starting to get worried as we haven’t heard from him in a while.

Good morning all 🙂

• NezzaNUFC

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Krull goes then we are left with Elliot and Darlow!

both sh!t compare to Krull, and another Shay Given out the window.

You’s need to think before reacting, same with Sissoko people want him sold because he hasn’t scored enough but he seems to be the only player who wants to win compare to the rest and he works his socks off to get the ball forward instead of hoofing it up like all the rest.

• Obertan's better than Messi

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:11 AM

Not one name in our squad would make me want to go and pay to watch them.

It’s a poor bunch of mercenaries. I’d add Colback to NUFC-83’s list and that’s it. 19 new players needed in the summer?

#ASHLEYOUT

• Ibizatoon

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Broons…I’m not trying to attack others opinions, but it does send a dangerous message to upstairs.

Leave us close enough to the bottom of the league and we wont act out of fear of falling to the lower league.

‘You mean, the less I spend, the less grief I’ll actually get? is basically the message that sends to me.

Still, it is good that people are talking and looking at options for what they feel they can do. Not too many are ignoring there are problems, which is surely half the battle.

DISC…I have no statistics to prove that is indeed half the battle 🙂

• geordiemark

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Ashley is a spurs supporter when we hammered them 7-1 at st james that’s when he had the idea on taking over the club and he did but he didn’t want to just tarnish the club up and down the country but around the world as well and hes done that to, he said to himself ohh I can join in with the geordies buy them a drink get them onside and cream the money out of the club into my back pocket and that’s what hes been doing for the last 8 years

only cure is for Ashley to sell up theres no talks about it he has to go, I know fans are very dedicated to the club but there is a need to stop buying season tickets, tops stop buying from sports shitty direct stop everything to get rid of that so called man

• NezzaNUFC

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:16 AM

If Janmaat, Krull & Sissoko get sold this summer you will see other players behind them like Aarons and Perez wanting to leave because these 3 players alone make a huge impact on NUFC.

( Remember the situation with Cabaye? ) times that by 3.

And so what if Krull lets in silly and easy goals tell me just one GK that hasn’t let in silly/easy goals? Even the best GK’s around the world let in daft goals, Krull has save us on more than one occasion at Newcastle and you’s judge him on a few games this season and last + the defenders haven’t helped either!

• geordiemark

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:21 AM

parliament want to talk to Ashley about his dodgy dealings with a company he took over in Scotland as well he has been told to attend parliament to answer to questions about it on why he closed down a company and told the government to pay the wages of the people who worked there, why does Ashley have over 22,000 people on zero hour contracts ?? and just look at the state of our beloved club due to him its all down to him

• mecannylad

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:22 AM

…. here we are with the Swansea game fast approaching and still not a real hint of detailed direction for any organised protest.
    As a group of activists yearning for change at our beloved club we are at risk of not being able to build on the positive groundwork achieved at the Spurs game.

• the broons

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:22 AM

ibiza

I have said all along that the fans that turn around and say i am always going to support newcastle through the bad times aswell as good are stronger than me as I can’t cope going to the games recently.
    However after listening to the majority of toon fans, they as you put it admit there is problems (which is by the way plain to see) however are willing to fall for Ashley’s “oh we are going to invest significantly” not significant enough!, Like wht John Anderson said on the radio keep gambling trying to unearth the rare gem in the rough (cabaye) and eventually you will just end up with lots of deadwood that you can no longer (gouffran, riverie etc, i could go on for days)

• cyprus

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:22 AM

@9 if those extensions are true, it’s crazy. Obertan??! Why

• geordiemark

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:27 AM

I think mike Ashley does not have that much money available I mean ready money I think the majority of his wealth is by shares now if his sports shitty direct company takes a dive in the stock markets I wonder what would happen to mr Ashley

mash holdings has every company Ashley owns including Newcastle united, I think there should be a parliamentary inquiry into mash holdings and whats going on with the books ect ect and id love to know how much Ashley pays in taxes across the board

• hibbit

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:29 AM

i think the only way Mcclaren will come to newcastle is if derby sack him no way will ashley pay compen…………… if derby go up why would he leave them to work for ashley were the head coaches uniform is a straight jacket

• Ibizatoon

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:30 AM

PennState…From last night.

Im glad you saw my response. It was a decent alterntative view, not on the situation, but how we all deal with each other 🙂

This blog, well, most blogs, are similar from what I’ve seen. Especially when you do have a core of familiar faces, from either side of the fence, the arguments become repeated. There isn’t much debate left to be had, just people with their opinions.

I truly think people who get grief, is not down to their opinions. It’s their handling of others. I would say that though I guess.

I have always tried, not always successfully, to put myself in others shoes to understand thier perspective. Some I just cannot begin to work out and they have no intention of really helping me get there…at all.

You used Blackley as an example, so I’ll continue with that one. He has for the past week spent most of his time attacking the most ridiculoius inaccuracies in what fans want to try and derail what ever is going on. For me, its obvious to see. Doesn’t make it correct however, but it is where I am at.

If you look back over the past few days, you will see I have talked to others who aren’t on board with the boycott. The discussions have been polite, bordering on helpful towards each other.

I have given Blackley countless opportunities to drop the act, find some middle ground and then debate the actual issues. He just isn’t interested.

If you don’t want it coming at you from 20 directions, the trick is not to pick 20 fights.

Emotions are clearly high. I don’t understand his approach. Well, I think I do, I hope I’m wrong, but until I see different, I’m not wasting more time there. Much like with Ashley.

It’s time for change and not living in fear.

I do hope you’ll post a little more. Help us to find that middle ground. Some may try and bite, but that doesn’t speak for the whole blog. Generally, if you reason with people rather than lecture them and spout of, you’ll find them quite welcoming.