Newcastle Cut Prices For Swansea Game

With a second boycott planned on Saturday against Swansea – in addition to protests and a stand up against Ashley after 34 minutes,  Newcastle have announced today they are cutting their prices – obviously in an attempt to get fans to St. James’ Park on Saturday to support the team.

mike ashley and lee charnely

Mike Ashley – boycott and protests against the owner

The club have cut the prices to as low as £10 – and the gate receipts these days have dropped to  only 20% of the total revenues, having been almost double that rate when Ashley bout the club eight years ago.

But the Premier League  TV money is now 60% of all revenues at Newcastle and will increase by 70% of the current figure starting a year come July.

Here is that has been published on the Newcastle web-site:

Tickets for Newcastle United’s Barclays Premier League home fixture against Swansea City this weekend are available from just £10.

The Swans travel to St. James’ Park on Saturday (25th April), for a 3pm kick-off, and United will be looking to build on the 2-2 draw they secured in South Wales earlier in the season.

A section of Level 7 has become available, priced at just £10 for children, £19 for senior citizens and £20 for adults – an affordable way of watching top flight football – and can be purchased by clicking here.

Elsewhere in the stadium, tickets are priced from £27 for adults, £13 for children, £22 for senior citizens and £15 for students and those aged 18-21.

Member tickets are also available priced from just £25 for adults, £12 for children, £20 for senior citizens and £14 for students and those aged 18-21. These tickets can be bought online by clicking here,  in person at the Box Office or by calling 0844 372 1892.

Our readers are not too confident we can get the win we need to get out relegation trouble and only 12% (about one in eight) think we can win the game – which we have lost 2-1 in the previous two seasons – in fact we have never beaten Swansea since they were promoted to the Premier League in the summer of 2011.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Swansea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• AncientC

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM

I have noticed that one of the main points used against the protests calling for Ashley to leave, is that “there is no point protesting for Ashley to sell without a buyer lined up.”

I am just curious, how exactly can a buyer be found if the club isn’t for sale?

The AshleyOut campaign is as self explanatory as the SackPardew protest was.

If pressure can lead to Ashley putting the club up for sale, then and only then can the fans get involved with helping to source a buyer.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM

I love how our club keep finding new ways to make football even more affordable!

Top work those involved, it’s clear to see the club is going in the right direction!

• BandB

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Ibiza

I think this is some of the most affordable football we have ever played.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:49 PM

BandB…I am forever grateful for it too! Given how the club can barely afford to even compete in the league, it’s truly a wonder how they manage to keep things so competitive.

I mean the pricing obviously, not wants on show. Competitive footbaLLLLLL? Who wants that?

• mindshaft

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM

“an affordable way of watching top flight football”

WTF! NUFC are selling tickets for the Emirates , Old Trafford etc – nice of them to give us the opportunity to watch top flight football instead of the dross being turned out by toon

• BandB

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM

LLLLLLaughable!

• Ibizatoon

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Ancient…I must confess, I am too confused at that one.

I think we sit quietly and act like good fans, almost to the point that it appears nothing is wrong. Then, one day, no idea when, something might happen. Maybe.

In the meantime be grateful if you can’t be happy. If you can’t be grateful, you best be fearful.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Mike Ashley slashes Swansea ticket prices 48 hours before game as boycott bites

LOVE IT……!!!!! and the doom mongers say it would have no affect

• LGFUAD21

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Ancient

You write a compelling case gather support for it and present it to someone capable of mounting a hostile takeover

• Ibizatoon

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM

BandB…Some might say it’s LLLLLLudicrous!

Rotonda…Nah mate, it can’t work, it wont work.

Besides, if it did work, Ashley wouldn’t care.

However, if he does care (which he definitely wont), he’ll show us and really stick the boot in.

It’s a compelling argument, I must say. HWTF

• Average_Contents

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:58 PM

So it wasn’t what you previously stated then “honest” john as to why he was left out?

What’s that? You can’t remember what you said? Ah yes selection reasons wasn’t it? Implying he wasn’t ready or injured. I’d love to know what guti’s gripe was. Probably force fed pies before training.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Ancient says, “I am just curious, how exactly can a buyer be found if the club isn’t for sale?”

“No buyer is going to show up prior to the club being up for sale; it would appear like a forced sale via underhanded methods.”

Imagine you’re seriously in the market for a football club. Do you not know the football club market? If you really don’t, do you not have advisers to suggest certain clubs that you might want to make an approach to? Or do you go “just a minute I hear there’s boycotts and protests at NUFC and the owner has put the club up for sale. I might just think about buying a football club.”?

• Average_Contents

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Laughablllllle?

I’ll get my coat.

• AncientC

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Blackley and Brownlie – If a club isn’t for sale, it ‘isn’t for sale.’ I thought you may have been able to grasp that.

• Average_Contents

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:06 PM

How utterlllllly embarrassing. Please stop. You’d think we’d just been promoted and were rooted to the foot of the prem after years in the championship. My god man.

John Carver says he is working on the clash with Swansea City like it is a World Cup final.

The Newcastle United head coach was responding to Daryl Janmaat’s comments that the game was on par with the World Cup semi-final.

Carver said:? “That’s how important it is and if he thinks that good. As long as everybody else feels that way.

“We have been preparing for it like a World Cup final.”

• AncientC

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:06 PM

From the Guardian – Friday 12 September 2014.

“The Sports Direct owner used a club statement issued on Friday afternoon to let it be known Newcastle are not for sale “at any price” until at least the end of next season.

“The truth is Mike Ashley remains committed to Newcastle United,” it said. “For the avoidance of doubt, this means that for the remainder of this season and AT LEAST until the end of next season, Mike Ashley will not, under any circumstances, sell Newcastle United at any price.”

Pay attention to the last sentence.

• Average_Contents

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM

If the games since you’ve been appointed are anything to go by then you have a different definition of a “world cup final” than most normal people johnny boy.

• AncientC

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Blackley and Brownlie – I would imagine any potential buyers may become more enthusiastic, if a club is actually up for sale… always helps the process.

• Macas

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM

• AncientC

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Macas

“AncientC – So are you saying that if someone came in with an offer of £300M for the club Ashley would totally disregard it out of hand?”

No, that is what Mike Ashley is saying.

• lesh

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Nice one Ashley, let’s not address the real problem but throw cash at papering over the cracks for media purposes.

I’d have hoped he’d spend some time responding to NUST’s open letter!

• Macas

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:17 PM

AncientC – That might well have been the statement put out, but if a big enough offer came in I am sure it would be considered. It’s like saying a certain player is not for sale, they might say it but we all know if a big enough offer comes in the player is likely to be sold.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Ancient

You’re quoting that the club is not for sale at any price. So you want to use that statement when it suits you but you’re doing your best to make him sell the club now. Major contradiction.

Besides, your gang never tire of telling us how you don’t trust a word Ashley says and yet you want to show me his club statement. Second major contradiction.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Suddenly Ancient C trusts a Mike Ashley statement when it suits his argument. I need a lie down.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Macas
    Ashley would disregard any offer out of hand because he’s a man of great integrity and would never lie or go back on his word. O dear me. I’ve had a week of this.

• BandB

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Is there anybody who isn’t in this gang?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:26 PM

“Pay attention to the last sentence” indeed. I’m being told to pay attention to the gospel according to Mike Ashley. From someone who doesn’t believe a word he says. You couldn’t make it up.

• AncientC

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Blackley and Brownlie – I do not believe you understand what contradiction means. The other opinions expressed on this blog were not written by myself so cannot be used against me as a contradiction I made.

When you figure it out, get back to me.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Comedy Gold.
    Hahahahahaha.
    Best laugh I’ve had for a while.
    “I need a lie down”.

No the whole blog needs a lie down after listening to your shyte.
    At least there’ll be a bit of peace – that is until the whole tag team arrive later.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Ancient

Sorry mate. But I never had you down as someone who has consistently trusted Ashley’s statements. Sorry if I got that wrong. It’s probably because you’ve never said that before. Not even I trust Mike Ashley’s statements.

• Macas

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Blackley – If the Ashley out campaign is successful he’s going to put an ad in the classified section of the Chronicle, I’m sure he will be immediately inundated with offers.

• Zero

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Im sure if there was a willing buyer waiting in the wings whom saw the destabilisation at NUFC and felt they maybe able to get a slightly knocked down price a offer would go into Ashley regardless of his position on the matter… it is then up to him if he wants to sell… i.e. is the hassle (if any) worth sticking it out or can more money be raised else where for less effort.

I personally dont think he cares about Newastle as a football club as such, only about potential revenue… therefore a suitable bid would relenquish his hold over the club… what he deems a suitable bid may be ridiculous however.

Its neither here nor there, potential buyers these days are more often than not going to fall under ashleys tree of wanting to make money… so I wouldnt expect major change with a new owner.

Also why would they want to buy us? theres loads of clubs they could buy, hell they could have a cheaper swing a the Middlesborough and probably get a better team, manager and less hassle.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Tuff

Your last comment. That’ll rally the troops. Group hugs and high fives all round. Tuffs status rebuilt from the ashes.

You never did tell me how you got out of that box, Tuff. Did you stand on Averages head? You haven’t left one of the gang still in there have you? The three musketeers would never do that. Tut tut Tuff.

• AncientC

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Blackley and Brownlie – I do not trust everything Ashley states, but that does not mean everything he claims is a lie.

I see no reason why he would state the club isn’t for sale (not at least until 2016) if he had any intention of selling before then.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Zero points
    Ashley loves nothing better than to offer discounts on soiled goods. One point to Zero. This could be the start of something. I was going to have a lie down but I might give it 5 minutes. See if there’s any more light bulb moments out there.

• Zero

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Its a worry i might get more points with Blackley than carver with Newcastle…. speaking of which … the eternal fountain of crap has spoken again… I used to dread Pardew interviews, I didnt think it could get worse, oh how I was wrong!

• Pop n Wyn

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Toon, slash prices!!! £20 to watch top “Plight” football. Yea that’ll be right.

• John Tudor

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM

that mans a right cockheed

• TheEPLnNBAfan

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:49 PM

“A section of Level 7 has become available, priced at just £10 for children, £19 for senior citizens and £20 for adults – an affordable way of watching top flight football”

What a load of BS! How are we playing top flight football ???? Unless they meant that we are getting whacked by top flight football