Two Players Close To A Return For Newcastle

We should hear an update on the injury situation today from John Carver, and two players in particular he will be asked about are Rolando Aarons and Siem de Jong.

Rolando Aarons Liverpool+jYhSVc-t6xWl

Rolando Aarons – still not fit

Siem could well be in the squad for Saturday’s game but Rolando will not – and that means the most games he can play again this season is just four, starting maybe with the early game at Leicester City a week on Saturday.

If Leicester win at Burnley on Saturday and we lose against Swansea, that becomes an interesting game because they would be just 4 points behind us with four games to play, and they have a better goal difference too.

Rolando is still training on his own, so there’s still a big question about his fitness, and the news that he may be out for the season was laughed off by the youngster only last week.

But hey, the most games he can now play for through the end of the season is  four,  and we’d be very surprised if he played in all four games after the Swansea game.

De Jong is much closer to being fit and playing, and he could well be in the squad for Saturday’s important game.

This is what Siem has said:

“You want to be part of the team and I haven’t really been part of the team this season.”  “I have mostly been training by myself so it has been quite tough on me and also on the team, the club and the fans”.

“They expect a lot from a new signing and then this happened so of course it is most frustrating.”  “I spoke to the doctor this week and he said when he saw me after the operation he didn’t think I would play this season.”

“He said it was quite good to see me back like this and back playing.”  “I hope I won’t be injured again for a while.”  “I am just glad to be back playing and I even asked if I could play this game.”

“I was glad for that and maybe I can be part of the team next weekend. I am training as well so my legs are a little heavy in the game but I think 73 minutes was good progress.”

“I feel I am still three or four kilos lighter than I was at the beginning of the season.”  “I need to gain strength, muscle and explosiveness.”

“We will see if I can help the team but I need extra games and extra training sessions so I am working.”  “I can’t rush it, I don’t think I can help the team if I am not at 100%.”

It may still be a game or two before we see Siem play and the club are certainly not going to rush him back, and it’s right the medics are going carefully with his return.

Personal note: This is the eighth anniversary of when I started this blog back in 2007 – a short five weeks before Mike Ashley bought the club – yes – it was my fault.

Since then we’ve kept going and have close to 90,000 people who have registered to leave comments on the blog and have over 128 million page loads and over 24,000 articles written.

• mecannylad

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Vs Spurs we were encouraged to stay away. …. if you want to.
    Vs Swansea we are encouraged to stand up. …. if you want to.
    Vs WBA how about the Hokey Cokey and against West Ham how about a quick bit of Agadoo?
    I’m all for protesting for change but we’re desparately in need of an identifiable Lech Walesa leader to rally all of the various protesting groups before it degenerates into a bun-fight.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:53 AM

mecannylad…It always has to be a question of personal choice.

This isnt about leaders of groups, its about fans finding a way to make a stand that they’re comfortable with. It was, as everyone has been saying for over a week, a first step.

We are uniting and starting to organise ourselves, something we’ve been told could or would not happen. “Too much divide”.

The walls are coming down. It was a needed first step. Soon we’ll be running together. HWTF

• Average_Contents

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Hwtf

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Blackley,
    If you didn’t keep referring to yourself in the third person as blackleg I woul have no idea and because someone or some people disagreed with your post you’re being victimised, man up. I have been ridiculed in the past for saying Ashleys intentions were mid table at best, that our transfer policy was flawed, I do not expect everyone who disagreed with me to tell me I was right all along, thus is what you seem to be asking. I did once ask beefman13 for an apology though. He told me to fcuk off.

• estechco

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:57 AM

mecannylad & Ibiza
    Whilst I agree that everyone needs to be able to protest in their own way, there does feel like a very real lack of direction too. If a protest is to carry much weight (through its numbers) there needs to be a better way to communicate the intentions.
    For all that last Sun was a success, it did lack a certain focus

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Average_Contents
    I’m guessing you are a bit of a porker.
    It’s “news source” NOT “news sauce”
    Divvent fret pet lots of folk have food obsessions.

Ha Ha Ha

• Chris

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Repost

“AshleyOut.com has urged supporters to stage a standing protest on the 34th minute on Saturday representing the club’s £34m bank balance”

That would just prove to Ashley how stupid the fans are, because the club’s bank balance as reported in the accounts wasn’t £34m – it was £22.5m. If you don’t believe me go and check the accounts for yourselves.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Jail
    Is that your best come back? When others have called me Blackleg on numerous occasions you say nowt. When I call myself it, you kick off. That tells me and the world at large all they need to know about you and your agenda.

As for for your mining communities point, give yourself a shake. I come from a big mining family. This name was given to me by others in the context of the boycott and my lack of support for it. If you’re happy to scrape the barrel for stuff to hit me with, fill your boots fella.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Estecho…For me, it had purpose, focus and it succeeded.

Starting to unite fans and give the cause coverage.

Both were a successfull first step.

On that note, off to see a man about some curved glass….

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:04 AM

Chris
    However much the bank balance is that must be one of the daftest ideas ever. How does that get past AO quality control?

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Blackley,
    Just because they’re talking about you doesn’t mean you’re not paranoid.

• Obertan's better than Messi

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:06 AM

repost

I’m finding Ed’s royal ‘we’ even more annoying than usual.

“We would be a lot happier about these protests if we weren’t still in such a precarious position in the league table”

Would we?

Perhaps we’re in a precarious position because of bad management and ownership which …. is what the F***ING protests are about.

WAKE UP USA.
    We’ve had enough. Do you want the rest of the club’s history to be like the last eight years?

#ASHLEYOUT

• BandB

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:06 AM

It’s all PROTEST, PROTEST, PROTEST these days.

Nothing about FOOTBALL!

I have two football based thoughts to remind us of the hard football facts behind these protests, and it won’t take long.

Form table LLLLLL
    Newcastle v Sunderland LLLLL

• Jeff from Benwell

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:08 AM

estechco
    Cock on
    If you compare and contrast the Rangers demo and the Toon debacle.
    No one is in any doubt about the bluenoses intentions. With the Toon it was Pardew – he jumped ship – now its Carver -and all the while the owner the CEO the chief scout Steve Stone Peter Beardsley Uncle Tom Cobley and all.
    SD , the goods are shite , they exploit 3rd world kids, they use zero hour contracts , the owner is a billionaire , he hates geordies , he’s a thief (?) he’s a parasite (?) he’s this he’s that he’s the other.

I think the bottom line for many is he’s a billionaire and everything else is to get people on board

• ScoopSouthAfrica

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Instead of the 34th minute or the 22.5 minute, how about doing the protest outside 2 hours after the match.
    This would mean we have 210 million to spend……
    Wishful thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tequilamag

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Happy blog birthday Ed , you know what kids are like at 8.
    Amazing effort over the years.

• MrMojoRisin76

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM

I feel good taking consolation in the fact that Jabba must be sh1tting his pants now,when he gave Carver the job he must have looked at the fixtures and thought”Yeah,no problem,John will get us the points we need to stay up”,now,he’s possibly 5 games away from relegation and the value of the club dropping by 100m?maybe more.He sh@t his pants the last time it looked like we were going down and brought some players in,can’t do it this time,he has to rely on JC to get him the points.Plus all the media attention he’s getting must be getting to him.Loving it

• toonicle

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Congrats on keeping it going this long Ed, long may it continue!