Everything’s Gone Against Me – Can’t Wait For The Good Times

John Carver is talking about himself again today and he has made the point that everything has gone against him this year – and to an extent he’s right on that with so many injuries and players like Jack Colback, Papiss Cisse, Fabricio Coloccini and Moussa Sissoko making things a lot worse by their indiscipline on the field and getting suspended for a total number of games of 14 games – which is ridiculous.

Newcastle manager John Carver

John Carver on the training field

As we’ve said one mistake John is making is making this whole thing about himself – it’s not about John, it’s about Newcastle United and how can we win some of our last five games of the season.

To be a good leader you have to get the attention off yourself and onto the people – in this case his players – layers who can do the job done for you.

This is the latest from John about the game tomorrow:

“This is a bad time at the moment.” “I can’t wait for the good times. I’m really going to enjoy myself, because I have had everything go against me.”

“But when you have faith in your own ability, then nothing fazes you. It’s hard picking yourself up after the run of games we’ve had, but if I was going to give up on it, then it’s a waste of time sitting here now. If I didn’t think I could do it, I’d walk away now, but that’s not the case.”

“I’m definitely going to celebrate with a pot of tea if we win” “We need to win. It’s so important for everybody, and it might lift a bit of a gloomy situation over the city at the moment,  because we know it affects everybody when they go to work.”

“When you go to work after a win, you’re in a better mood, so whatever business you’re in, it makes you work that bit harder and you get more profits. We need to do that. We need to win football matches to give everybody a huge lift.”

John has had a difficult time of it this year, there’s no doubt about that, and he taken massive criticism too – a lot of it deserved,  but most of our players haven’t made it easy for him either, and they need to start stepping up to the plate and stop being such wimps.

There is some good news for the game with both Siem de Jong and Jonas Gutierrez being in the squad and both are strong characters and can help the team in the final fives games.

It’s also true that we haven’t had too much luck lately either, so who knows perhaps Swansea can score a couple of own goals for us tomorrow – and then we’d be in a chance of actually winning the game.

That’s true isn’t it?

• Belfast

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Pity nobody else has faith in your ability.

• sparky55

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:33 PM

you wont be there for the good times cos we’ll have got a proper Head coach by then!

• hibbit

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:37 PM

lindisfarne if you brought a tv and its was no good you would complain to the shop if you a ticket for a gig and the band were naff you would complain whys complaining / protesting silly

• lochinvar

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Well John we’ve been waiting along time for the good times…check out

Can Justin or whoever does the music at the matches play this with full bass at each game , would improve the mood !

• martoon

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM

I agree that Carver is not cut out to be a manager but when, Lawro, a guy who has done everything, seen everything in the game and worked with Carver says he is a good coach yet armchair experts like Catchy claim he is not – go figure?

• optimistic prime

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Deluded John.

Didn’t read his letter.

• optimistic prime

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:45 PM

The same Lawro who sorted the NUFC defencive problems after fobbing off on tv.

• optimistic prime

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Gobbing

• Lindisfarne

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM

hibbit

I believe the majority of fans want to be able to go to the match, watch football and either celebrate/moan about a win/loss. The fact that the stadium was more than half full supports my point but I have no way of telling how many that did not boycott would like to see Ashley stay at the club for the long term.

My own perspective is that the relationship between the Club (ie those in charge) and the Fans needs to improve and that Ashley has done nothing to rectify this. The atmosphere is very depressing even though there is supposedly money in the bank because of the short sighted and restricted way the club is run. The frustration of a minority of fans has lead to them not entering the ground and protesting outside, something that I do not disagree with and would willingly join. I do however wonder how the demand for ‘Ashley Out’ can possibly be implemented and that the delivery of that message is counter productive.

Jail for Ashley

I do not believe the protest to be silly, I stated that a large proportion of football supporters nationwide do not believe that the protests will be effective. Or in a word ‘silly’. For this reason I think the demand needs to be as equally concise but more realistic in content.

• toon kk

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Sparky
    what makes you think we’ll get a top coach? Have you forgot who owns the club. Tbf We Could do much better than Carver but how can anyone get a bunch of flops to preform. Most of our players aren’t premier league quality, that’s where the problems lie.

• Sav

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:26 PM

What are you talking about? – Cardew has done nothing BUT focus on the players.
    Not once has he attempted to take the pressure off by saying ‘I got the selection wrong’ or ‘I failed to motivate the group’. In contrast, players – including the younger ones – have been singled out for blame. Where he could have rightly laid the blame – on the upper management for screwing up recruitment totally – he singularly failed to do it, but bent over backwards to offer praise. Made his bed and now he may lie on it.

• Sav

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Lawro was the world’s worst defensive coach at Newcastle while Micky Owen didn’t turn in to work often enough to judge JC.