Carver Response To 7th Defeat On The Trot – I’ll Fight To The End

After his seventh defeat on the trot interim head coach could have limited his bravado talk after the game – but no – he has come out and talked about how he is not ready to quite and will fight on – much like we’ve heard after the other defeats.

John has to realize it’s not about him but it’s all about the team.

john carver and garry monk

John Carver and Garry Monk before the game

Fans don’t want to hear how John Carver feels after these defeats, but what is he going to do about it.

And it may that John is just completely out of his depth now – and it’s hard for anybody to get a win after seven successive defeats because players then find ways of losing games and it’s all in the mind.

This is some of what the coach said after the game:

“It was a huge disappointment, a huge disappointment – but we are not ready to quit, not ready to pack in, not ready to thrown in the towel. That is very important, and that applies to me and the rest of my staff.”

“Yes, I am getting stick from the crowd and I can take all that. I’ll take that on the chin, I’ll explain to people why I do things, I don’t have a problem with that. If anybody wants to talk me about it, I will talk to them about it. But I won’t give up on it and I will fight to the end.”

“I have got to try and make those guys feel 10 foot tall, as much as I can. Sometimes it is quite difficult, but it is my job and my responsibility to try and pick them up and do that.”

With things becoming a little desperate, it’s not going to be John Carver’s decision as to whether he coaches the final games of the season.

It may be getting to the time when somebody with a lot more experience in the Premier league is brought in as a short term solution to guide the team to safety – and of course all we need is just one win.

An experienced manager coming in may  not happen this week, but if the results in mid-week go against us, and we lose at Leicester City on Saturday, it could happen then.

• Nattfare

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Must have lost that likeable trait along the way since Lilongwe met him.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:49 PM

I honestly believe that Ashley , Charnley , Carr and Carver believed that Carver would have the ability to get the couple of wins that would have kept us safe even with injuries

They probably did not expect him to fail to beat say Stoke and Burnley at home especially when we had taken the lead his lack of tactical nous prevented us seeing those games out and there was a few other games where he bottled it such as Palace away as well

Wins in those games and we would still be in with a shout of top 10

• Belfast

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:50 PM

There’s no need for him to do any interviews he says the same bloody thing every week.

If I was Ashley or his minion Charnley this evening I would be seriously considering getting rid of him.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Lets hope Carver won’t be given to the end!

Honestly, I cannot see Ashley sticking it out with him – we can basically be relegated this season. 4 games to go and 5 points down to Sunderland.

He’ll have to do something now I think. I think the Leicester game in a week could be Carver’s final game?

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:57 PM

He’ll fight until the end

Judging him on how the team fights he’d struggle to get out of a wet paper bag.

Window licking tag nut

• dazzler

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Are you sure he didn’t say:

“I’ll fight at the end. Outside, anyone you like!”

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Jesper

You have far to much faith in Ashley.

Why take a risk on spending more money on a new coach, it might not work, is more his type of thinking.

• AndyMac

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM

“Carver’s Response To 7th Defeat On The Trot!

“What’s the record number of defeats ? I think I can beat that !”

• catchy in norway

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:03 PM

charver said the other day he had visitors round the training ground and they were amazed at his coaching , he took it as a positive , but they were really amazed at how this guy has a job coaching at any level never mind a premier league club ,

his overall win % is 26% .
    his win % since taking over from P45 is 12%

I’d sack him now

• Belfast

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Getting rid of him now and they’re basically admitting they made a mistake appointing him in the first place.

Every place you drop you lose money though so maybe there’s a little hope.

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:04 PM

When’s Derbys last game lol

McLaren in 15mins after?

• stuart no9

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Carver , your useless now @@@k off . We gave a few games left to save our season , ash needs to Think long and hard if he dosnt want to loose a fortune

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:06 PM

How much money has Carver lost Ashley?

Does Ashley think it’s his own fault or Carvers?

Or does he not give a shit?

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Ayew to Italy

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:09 PM

OP…the risk is simply too big this time…he’ll have to do something? I know he (Ashley) is an idiot, but surely not beyond comprehension? 😉

• Belfast

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:10 PM

He definitely won’t walk away like. In his own head when you get past the white mice he’s a tactical genius.

• beermonkey

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Ashley wont sack him now were all focused on the carver the clown and not Ashley
    and that’s an Ashley win in his book

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Belfast…better admitting that now or in 4 games times when we are most likely relegated!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:11 PM

…hubris is a bitch 😉

…he better be watchful for nemesis!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:12 PM

The championship is over for Forrest as well we should be bringing Lascelles and Darlow back right now seeing as they are registered as part of the squad

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Jesper

How much would you be willing to bet?

I’d be lucky to go more than £1

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:13 PM

beer…we are not taking and responsibility away from Ashley, but with or with out Ashley the writing s still on the wall and it says relegation!

• Belfast

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Nah I still think we’ll stay up Jesper but Carver given the opportunity could possibly drag us down. Think a lot hinges on the Hull result on Tuesday night.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:15 PM

OP…haha 😀

…I am not a betting man, but logic would dictate Ashley would have to do something? He did intervene in January last season right?

• dazzler

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Beermonkey

is relegation an ashley win? Carver is massively jeopardising the only conceivable benefit ashley has of owning Newcastle.

perhaps that is his MO. Maybe deep down he is a true fan and is relegating Newcastle on purpose to flesh out ashley.

Carver is a double agent working undercover for the ashley out campaign.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Belfast…you think 😉

…4 games to go and only 5 point down to Sunderland. We haven’t won the last 7 games.

The Leicester game will be the nail in the coffin for Carver (if Ashley haven’t pulled the plug before)

• Belfast

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:17 PM

You’d hope that Hull will only win against Burnley and lose the rest but ya never know.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:18 PM

OP

He’ll be cr–p—g himself missing out on all that tv money though

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Jesper

There’s many different things that can happen Ashley has thought of them all and will think things are fine.

Dummet Cisse Sissoko SDJ and Aaron’s are due back, he’ll expect that will be enough for the win we need IMO

He’s played his hand, he won’t fold.

• toonluvva

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Carver’s job is safe.

Mr Ashley won’t have forgotten what happened in the relegation season when he appointed Shearer as manager late on.

Ashley is a gambler. He gambled last season when he sold Cabaye with no replacement. H’s done the same this season, and I reckon he’ll be looking to cash in on Krul, Tiote, Janmaat, Perez and Sissoko. In fact anyone he gets a decent offer for.

Building for the future does not seem to come into his game plan. Buy cheap young players, let them make a name for themselves in the EPL and sell at a profit.

I’ve said this for many a season now, and I’ll continue to say it. NUFC are dead, they are merely a sub-division of Sports Direct. We exist purely for him to be paid to advertise his mercahndise to a wider audience.

Ashley might, just might, see if he can bring in a new coach over the summer, but the replacement will have to available for no compensation, prepared to accept that every single memer of his squad can / will be sold at the first oppurtunity to bolster profits and will not be replaced, Can you see any decent coach accepting this scenario?

If we don’t go down this season, a poor start to next season will see us struggle. Mr ashley might try to recruit in January in an attempt to maintain our EPL status, but there is every possibility that it will be in vain.

HWTF!

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:22 PM

If Ashley folds and gets rid of Carver it’s admitting he was wrong, just like when he sacked Pardew…. Errrrr

• lochinvar

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Sky report that a UFO has landed on the pitch at SJP.
    The Martians have asked ” take me to your leader”
    There wasn’t one available so they flew home.
    The end.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:23 PM

OP…to be honest with you I actually don’t think Ashley has had a single thought about how this would pan out! Not one!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:24 PM

I think the next week are going to be very telling…the Leicester game could be very important for us (in many ways)

• Sazzer

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Ayew is off to Rome.

• Belfast

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:30 PM

You could get somebody to come in for the final few games like, Big bonus if you keep us up. It’ll probably be Jfk though lol

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Online Guy

Hello. I have always criticised Ashley for getting the football side wrong. I was never off his case for his choice of Pardew. I cannot believe that nobody ever calls the club out on their DoF/head coach model that operates without a DoF. I’ve been saying it’s bonkers for years. Still nobody sees it.

• optimistic prime

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:32 PM

Yeah sorry Jesper I keep forgetting Ashley and think don’t belong in the same sentance 🙁

• lesh

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:33 PM

And it may that John is just completely out of his depth now?

Carver was out of his depth even before he was appointed Interim HC.

His record last season should’ve informed Charnley and Ashley’s decision but no, theyve gambled again – gambled with OUR club!

He needs to feign illness so that Ashley’s face could be saved by kiting Rednapp in to stave off relegation. Will Ashley do that? Will he hell.

Get the useless spitelful git out ASAP

• optimistic prime