Hull Beat Liverpool 1-0 – Just One Point Behind Newcastle

Hull had their second win in a row tonight after winning 2-0 at Crystal Palace on Saturday when they won 1-0 with a goal from Michael Dawson after 37 minutes and since they have a much better goal difference than us – if they don’t lose at home to Arsenal next Monday night and we lose at Leicester City  on Saturday they will move above us in the league table.

michael dawson scores for hull

Michael Dawson scores tonight to win the game for Hull

So the perfect storm is still forming that could yet see Newcastle relegated – and tomorrow Leicester City – who are on a four game winning streak – entertain Chelsea, and if they manage to win that game – they too will b one point behind us with a better goal difference.

So it’s not looking all that good for Newcastle these days, and we need to get some points from our last four games of the season, but where they will come form – we don’t know.

And it could be a huge risk to leave the team in the hands of John Carver, who has failed to get a point in the last seven games, and has lost seven of the last eight games.

Will Newcastle Be Relegated This Season?

Loading ... Loading ...

• stuart no9

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:11 PM

stuart no9 // Apr 28, 2015 at 10:05 PM

stuart no9 // Apr 28, 2015 at 9:57 PM

ashley can argue as mujch as he wants about what he brings to the club , the fact is, the media. the fans – not just us but football fans up and down the country, the press , football experts , ex legends and generally the football world KNOW what he is and what he stands for. that is enough for me . no arguement. Regarding the poll , i voted for us to gvo down – the same as i predicted in august.

• stuart no9

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:13 PM

oops , didnt mean to put that comment on.

we are really in it deep now boys .

• RUNAWAY777

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:14 PM

tell them players there not getting payed if they dont put a shift

• Belfast

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Squeaky bum time.

• lochinvar

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Carver to invite two fans to training on Friday to explain his tactics.
    Did it never occur to him that’s a distraction and a media fest.
    FFS get on with the job and sort out the team – or are you lining up to make an appearance on Big Brother or host a crap day time TV programme or appear on the Jeremy Kyle show for Anger Management.
    We don’t want words just action !

• RUNAWAY777

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:18 PM

more like runny bum

• Ciaran

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Jesper

JC isn’t good enough, and the squad isn’t strong enough. We all know that has a significant part to play in why we are where we are. However, from my point of view, there’s only 1 man pulling the strings so that’s why I take the perspective I do.

I’ve looked at an end of season score predictor and while it still remains unlikely that we’d go down, it might not be as clear cut as I previously thought. This weekend is a big weekend.

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:20 PM

It certainly is a sad state of affairs when toon fans are worried about the form of teams such as Leicester, Villa, Hull and scumberland.

Says it all about the situation we find ourselves in because our owner simply isn’t arsed until relegation threatens.

If we were in this position the January just gone you can bet your house (or tent) that investment in our piss poor squad would of been forthcoming. Just like January 13.

Yet, amazingly so, people STILL defend him. Am I missing something or are they completely fcuking oblivious and that far up his arse they can’t see. Literally.

There’s is NO defence.

LLLLLLL

Absolutely pathetic.

• NUFC FOR SALE

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:21 PM

You kidding. …. I’m praying for relegation.

The thought of Ashleys eyes lighting up at the money next season in the premier league makes me feel sick.

The thought of us playing championship football and Ashley missing out is the only outcome worth contemplating.

As long as safc come down with us id be happy.

Why be in the premier league if you have no intention of doing anything? ???

Is it worth it just to say we’re playing chelsea this week or man utd????

id don’t see the point.

This club will only ever move forward with Ashley gone and that will only happen if we are not a top level advertisement board for sports direct.

bring on the championship

• Toon_Tom

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:22 PM

A toon fan who accused boss John Carver of being threatening and abusive has backed him to save the club from relegation.

Karen Choake, of Chester-le-Street, had criticised the interim manager’s behaviour after Saturday’s defeat against Swansea, claiming he acted unprofessionally during a row with supporters.

The club and Carver denied he used inappropriate words and aggressive behaviour, and the coach told the media after the game he would like to meet the 34-year-old and vocal fan Allen O’Connell to discuss the incident.

And on Tuesday, Carver called Karen to explain his actions, convincing the occupational therapy assistant to get behind the team for the final four matches of the season.

She said: “I didn’t expect him to call so that was a nice surprise and I respect him for that. I has calmed down by that point and had good chat with him which left me feeling a lot more positive afterwards.

“He didn’t admit to anything but he talked about his passion for the club and seems to have just been one of those heat of the moment things. He is only human.

“I told him that I wanted to give him my support because at the end of the day we all want what is best for this club and he does as well. We are all feeling it.

“I just hope everybody will move on from this and get behind the team.”

• Belfast

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Haha

Please Carver all we ask is you win one bloody game.

• midweek weekend

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:24 PM

hull winning is just more bad news for us

a defeat this Saturday and its 8 in a row, of course i want us to stay up but honestly can anyone here say we don’t deserve to go down we are just pathetic, everyone in the league wants to play us its just an easy 3 points, if by some miracle we stay up and appointment that god awful carver then we are already down next season

• Belfast

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:28 PM

He won’t leave straight away though it’s not going to be that easy. He’ll loan the club more money, for a few seasons at least. He’ll probably leave town, when the parachute payments stop which is four years.

This current mob would be eaten alive in the championship.

And we’ll be forever patronised for “hounding” the tactical genius out, by the cockney media.

• Belfast

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:30 PM

That eegit Merson still blames our last relegation on sacking fat sam the previous season ffs lol

• optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Blackley

I wouldn’t take the time to pi55 on you if you where on fire.

• Geordie John

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Check this out for the likelihood: http://www.toontoon.co.uk/relegation-chances.php

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:32 PM

It doesn’t just hit the nail on the head it smashes it.

• jimmysmith

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Jeff from Benwell, and Blackley and Brownlie more recently, get a ton of grief on here, which it has to be said they both meet head on, for the tone of their posts at times it seems, but mainly for providing little more than a counterpoint to the more conclusively anti Ashley view. Neither is remotely firmly pro Ashley based on what I’ve read of them nor inclined to draw a long bow. They are top posters, whether you like them, or agree with them, or not.

• BoyDoneGood

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:38 PM

I’m backing Carver to get at least the zero points necessary to avoid relegation.

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:38 PM

You can always rely on big mick to tell it how it is.

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Thanks for that Jimmy. Wow.

Jeffreys the biggest twat to ever grace the Internet. Enough said if you think he’s great. No. Just no.

• optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Can people let me know where they were born when posting, I’d just like to know how valid your view is.

• Ciaran

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Jimmy

Is that withstanding Jeff’s racist comments or do we skim over those and get to the substantive nuts and bolts of what he contributes?

F**k me some people are so full of shit.

• Thump

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:48 PM

“We’re sh!t and we know we are…”

@Ciaran: Jeff’s racist comments? Don’t get me wrong, Jeff is a bit of a numpty at the best of times but I don’t think I’ve seen him every be outright racist.

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:48 PM

OP

You claim to be a technophobe yet with as little information as possible and as small as a DOB, I’ve no doubt you’d be able to garner as much info on their lives as you know about your own.

Bunny boiler haha.

• Ciaran

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Thump

There was an incident last week where he was making racist remarks, about black babies I think the subject matter was. Grossly inappropriate at best, vile bigotry at worst.

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:51 PM

*And with information as small as a DOB or place of birth.

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:51 PM

The moments well and truly gone

• optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Ac

Oh sorry did you miss Blackleys criteria for who’s views are the most valid?

• jimmysmith

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:55 PM

I refer to football and club related opinion only, not the personal stuff dished out by either side. They are surely very different and distinct things.

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:57 PM

OP

I don’t read it’s posts anymore. Haven’t for a while.

They bore the shit out of me, quite literally, plus it speaks in the third person. Constantly.

Funny when your 10. Not so much when your a twat to begin with 😀

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:59 PM

There’s only one time I wanted liverpool to win and that was tonight, and now they have gone and messed it up.

Muppets.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Anyone watching the boxing at the weekend.

• optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:03 PM

Ac

Fair one, I don’t as a rule but got sucked in by a steaming pile of BS I found very amusing. Then I watched as he spouted opinion like it was fact whilst being sarcastic and insulting towards 99% of NUFC supporters.

By the looks of things whilst I was watching tv someone was handing out mind altering drugs, shame I missed them. 😉

• optimistic prime

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Welsh

Yes I will be £20 on the PAC man in the sixth.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:06 PM

Op says

“Blackley, I wouldn’t take the time to pi55 on you if you where on fire.”

Well I wont sleep any worse. You don’t go to the places I go to, so it makes no difference. Except when you boycott SJP of course, and you enter SJP. Woo hoo!

• jane

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:07 PM

I don’t know if this point has been made but apart from against Sunderland Newcastle’s record this season against teams in the bottom half especially the ones nearest the bottom isn’t bad both before and after JC took charge. most of the defeats have been against top half teams. I think we will pick up more points from the remaining games than most people expect.

• Belfast

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Blackley why did you get banned from the other blog?

Did you keep asking for a new article?
    They don’t like new articles on there.
    🙂

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Oh jimmy.

Your innocence is rather alarming.

Jeffrey from the andromeda galaxy causes google to crash on a daily basis and the other poster you mention is a bit of a weirdo. Third person and all that.

• JackButler

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Sad fact is even if we manage to stay up this season, we will go all the BS again next season. The summer will be full of hope that will be dashed again, the stadium will be full come the first game and the cycle will continue.

Unless the majority take a firm and lasting stand the black cloud of Ashley will remain and misery will rule