Will Newcastle Go Down – Surprising Poll Results

We’ve put out a poll on whether Newcastle United will be relegated – and in fact although it’s very close – the slight majority think we can stay up in the Premier League.

nufc emblem

With the mood on Tyneside not good, we were expecting more fans to think we will go down – although one win should be enough to save Newcastle – but that could be hard to get with John Carver in charge – and we’d still like to see an experienced manager brought in before it’s too late.

Anyway – although it’s close – a slim majority of fans think we will stay up – and that has to be good news.

And we’ll take it.

Here’s your chance to vote if you haven’t already done so – but just one vote per reader so it’s democratic.

Will Newcastle Be Relegated This Season?

Loading ... Loading ...

• Transfer Sage

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:12 PM

I think we will struggle to pick up points but with sissoko back (blows hot and cold but better than raylor/jonas in the middle) and cisse back after the next game we have enough to scrape some points.

I think 35 could be safe but can see a couple more

• Macas

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Transfer Sage – I’d play Sissoko out wide, Jonas has been far better than him in the last few games he’s played centrally. Plus I feel Sissoko is too hit and miss to play in the middle, he doesn’t get involved enough.

• 2_goal_tino

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Think we’ll stay up but only because I can’t see four teams getting past us. I personally think 1 more point is enough.

• Macas

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Bandb – You knew what I meant on my post you replied to, before you gave your usual smart ass answer. It’s just as bad for season ticket holders on here as armchair fans, and I’d wager that season ticket holders have come in for a lot more stick lately.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:26 PM

TS…we will probably get a better picture of where we are this weekend after the Leicester game…if we loose and Sunderland gets points…that goes for Hull tonight as well) I think we might be in serious trouble!

• BandB

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Macas

I believe people have the right to come to their own decisions in their own time.
    Debating it isn’t by definition abuse.

• BandB

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:32 PM

jesper,

True. The mood on Saturday night will be either a lot better or a lot worse than it is today.

• mindshaft

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Raylor needs to be dropped as well as guti who I’m afraid has put effort in but his passing has been atrocious as well as his decision making

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Macas…one thing if I may add; the trouble is most season tickets holder I meet on here don’t think they are to blame ay all for wanting to go SJP and sit in their stool drinking a beer or two when all we are trying to do in this moment in time is to unite together against Ashley!

…going to SJP to enjoy a few beers with the mates are maybe not helping seeing as SJP is still full more or less.

Does any of this make any sense or are we just being outright unfair here? I know it’s easy for me to ask since I am an armchair fan, but does it make it any less right?

What do you think?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:36 PM

BandB…I am just a bit worried what will happen if it all goes south on Saturday?

…knowing the board never think the impossible can happen 😉

• BandB

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:37 PM

I wouldn’t be playing anyone who might have more to gain from relegation than survival, and we have a few want-aways. Leicester will be no place for pacifists. Not that there is a lot of choice.

• toonking

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:39 PM

The minute pardew was sacked, I knew this would happen, pardew himself isn’t that good a manager, i’d usually have been happy he gets sacked, history already shown it last time when keegan walked out, then when hughton was sacked it came again, basically ashley doesn’t give a fcuk about use, just cash.

I think we’ll be safe “thankfully” because hull have got very tough home games, they require atleast 1 win and 2 draws and that’s probably too big an ask because united and liverpool both fighting for CL. sunderland themselves will need to win both their home games and require ourselve to lose all ours “which is probable”, so really, I think we’ve just about kept safe “for now”, next season will be a different story altogether. I think we’ve gone down, I don’t even see the point using us as a stepping stone knowing how much chaos their is.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:40 PM

I can easy see us getting relegated – teams around us are scrapping like mad to pick up points and we have two teams to play below us away who will be up for the fight – unlike our players who if anything is to go by watching the last two home games have given up and got know pride in wearing the shirt. Sorry the only one on Saturday who looked like he cared was Jonas in the first half but sadly he ran out of steam

We have no born leaders like a Nolan or a Barton on the pitch who will kick backsides and motivate them

• Toon_Tom

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Pardew wasnt sacked ^

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Toonking…if it’s any comfort I thought this could happen even with Pardew here looking s prior seasons…

I just thought they would actually go for a proven and capable manager this time. (for many different reasons which are not really important)

• toonking

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:43 PM

my apolegies,
    correction walked out

easy mistake when all we hear are managers getting sacked

• BandB

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:44 PM

jesper,

All we can do is sit tight and cross our fingers. I don’t think the players will respond to anything anyone says now.

The best hope is that one of these teams just doesn’t show up against us.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:46 PM

BandB…that is probably the of the board ad well!

• Ibizatoon

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Macas…Is this not where the issue is being missed?

ST holders are too saying these things. They’ve had enough, they don’t want to and wont stand for anymore?

We also have fans who aren’t from the area who disagree with my view that action should be taken.

The opinion split is not about ST holders. That needs to die a death as it just causes problems that don’t really exist.

• toonking

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:51 PM

jesper

their has been far too much proof of awful appointments in the past for any of this to change, if ashley was going to appoint a decent manager,. he had masses of better chances to see pardew replaced or even before pardew came, now he has got a rep far too disgraceful to see managers with decenty appointed now, the fact it came by suprise was proof he wasn’t even intent on appointing a new manager.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Charlie…Did you see the Barton link the other day? It’s an old one, so you may have seen it before?

This club is seriously lacking leadership. That seems to be by design though.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Mecanny lad

From a previous post.
    I agree totally with you about taking our grievances direct to Ashley.

If his house is off limits then his movements need to be established and he needs to be confronted face to face and our questions answered.

If enough of us put our energy and resources into this then it will move things on considerably.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:55 PM

toonking…The club statement after he left even said what a grand job they thought he had done.

Whatever the plan is, it was apparently working well.

• BandB

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Scary Mary!

I’d forgotten how soft our run-in was that year…

• Dude

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:00 PM

why is it such a must to stay up ? the main beneficiary of Premier league status is the FCB. If we go to the Championship and stay there for a few seasons (which would be likely this time, if we don’t drop again) it would accelerate the fat slug’s departure. i don’t care how far we need to fall for a better ownership structure. And the lower we fall the greater the chance of fan control.

• stan anderson

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Black n Brownley,do you honestly think fans who cant get to the match for whatever reason are not entitled to love their home town club.
    I was always there from the late 1950s till 3 years ago when i realised i was being shat upon by the slug.
    Am i now not to voice an opinion about my home town club,which i love as much as anyone.
    It became apart of me when i was a nipper sitting on the wall around the cinder track and was passed over people’s heads in order to get a view of my team.
    Please dont think because you decide to feed the fat slug,only you are allowed to have a voice.Lots of
    FANS like myself made a decision to withdraw our support of the club,hopefully till this creature goes.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Ibiza
    True – no leadership anywhere – rudderless, drifting along in a sea of mediocre.

Maybe certain powers that be don’t like to be challenged
    the last who spoke out was Cabaye and looked what happened to him

• Belfast

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:04 PM

In my opinion we won’t be relegated. Hulls win at Palace on Saturday threw a spanner in the works though. If they where to beat Liverpool this evening I’d be a little nervous, but still confident we’ll get one more win.

• Belfast

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:07 PM

If we can’t pick up one more win out of the remaining games we deserve to go down. Got very lucky with that run in when you look at the other fixtures.

• Toon Tang

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:08 PM

We’re too good to go down…

• Ibizatoon

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Charlie…It’s becoming increasingly more difficult to argue the case of maybe in my opinion.

Jonas, whose ability isn’t what it was, spoke u recently. He was pushed aside, punished and made to apologise. We still don’t “know” what for.

I get the need for a happy camp. No one is bigger than the club. But after a while, you do have to start questioning what is the actual cause of this unrest.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:10 PM

BandB….It does look awfully familiar.

But let’s all just get behind Carver and hope, he is a Geordie and did know Sir Bobby. This summer WILL be different!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:14 PM

• BandB

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Ibiza

14-1 with Ladbrokes to go down. That’s the kind of price you’d get for one of the fancied horses in the Grand National. It will be single figures at the weekend unless events go our way.

• Belfast

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Can’t see us getting anything from the Leicester game tbh

• BandB

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM

What we need, after watching last night’s doco, is to adopt MORE Sport’s Direct managerial tactics.

Gag Carver and tie his arms to his sides, and have the stadium announcer call out: “Anita, Cabella, Sissoko, you MUST increase your kick rate.”

• scottoon

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Does anyone really believe, after taking a long hard realistic look at the remaining fixtures for every side – truly believe that the Scum, QPR and Burnley are going to survive their run ins. We may not get another point but we will still survive. I agree we scarcely deserve to, but we cannot use survival as an excuse for not continuing to protest the regime. I don’t want relegation…..I would hate that because frankly I think it is naïve to think that would cause Ashley to sell. I do believe he would be more likely to secure his debt owing by cashing in assets resulting in a dire and prolonged run in the lower leagues. But it wont happen because the club is already safe on 35 points. We will scrape by.

Burnley:

West Ham away
    Hull away
    Stoke home
    Villa away

Burnley have one win on the road all season

QPR:

Liverpool away
    Man City away
    Newcastle home
    Leicester away

Terrible form on the road and even two wins and a draw doesn’t catch us

Scum:

Southampton home
    Everton away
    Leicester home
    Arsenal away
    Chelsea away

I don’t see 5 points here but even if they surprise they are one of the few sides with a worse goal differential

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM

toonking…it’s difficult to know what the board would do or even what they are thinking! They don’t tell us anything!

The difference this time I think was Pardew left with a compensation to follow and it has not been a pleasant ride for a long time.

Something had to happen…even if only to get us of their back (from the boards point of view)

• mecannylad

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:29 PM

So those two lads have accepted Carvers invitation to the Training Ground.
    It’s not surprising.In my opinion the lads are ‘selling their souls for thirty pieces of silver’ and are playing right into the hands of a Bishop managed honey trap. Pity. … would have been much better for the Toon supporters to play ‘hardball’

• frankie

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Can’t see us going down, especially if Sunderland get beat on Saturday as they’ll not catch us on 35,