John Carver – I’m In Pole Position For Newcastle Job

We were wondering today when the next strange comments would be made by John Carver, and he didn’t say anything too ridiculous in the press conference today, as the interim head coach looks to stop Newcastle’s seven game losing streak on Saturday against an in-form Leicester City, who are 4 points behind us but have won four of their last five games.

We think it’s going to be very difficult for Newcastle to come away with anything at Leicester City – and we hope we are wrong on that.

john carver sunderland

John Carver – what makes him think he will get the job?
Certainly not his record

But John Carver has talked to the press  tonight and he talks about having talked to Steve McClaren, and that he is still in pole position for the job at Newcastle:

“I had a good chat with Steve McClaren, we had a good talk.” “We didn’t talk about anything other than my situation and about what my players are doing on the pitch.”

“It was all about me and how I had to cope with it, and even he said, ‘It’s been a difficult thing for you John, I understand that. But you’ve handled it quite well. You’ve had to cope with it’.”

“Whether he’s in for it or not, he has to give me respect, so we were never going to talk about it.”  “There was nothing about what all the rumors are, or anything like that.”

“I didn’t spin it the other way, either. I’m in pole position at the moment, and we were never going to talk about anything like that.”

Why does John always give himself backhanded compliments all the time – when he’s done so very poorly in the job – and why does he always keep talking about himself all the time?

He seems very self-centered.

The truth is John Carver is completely out of his depth for the position of Newcastle head coach, and Mike Ashley is taking a huge gamble by keeping John on as the Newcastle coach through the last four games of the season.

John says we need 4 points for safety and that’s in the last four games, and normally that would be easy enough, but we have lost eight of our last nine games under Carver.

So how John thinks he’s in pole position still for the job, with such a terrible record belies belief.

CompetitionPlayedWonDrawnLostGFGAGDPoints
League1934121835-1713
FA Cup100101-1
Overall2034131836-1813

Why would John Carver seem to be so confident about the job with a record like that, unless maybe he’s been told the job is his this summer.

That would be a very poor decision by Mike Ashley if that happens, and it would rank as one of Mike Ashley’s biggest mistakes at the club, and he’s made an awful lot of them as owner of Newcastle United over the last eight years.

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Can someone work out the interest on the loan Ashley give himself of £130 million per year ? at the lowest offshore/worldwide rate …? its been estimated ast week in the press and TV that he’s getting £30 million a year advertising, with St James park being plastered with Sports Direct…

Is the club getting anything that benefits the club and not the Sports Direct Shareholder’s, out of this ? ..with the loan not budging one £pound ….

He’s got us by the Balls

OH and did I mention he’s a liar….

• Average_Contents

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Disclaimer

*Our Bullshit is ready to order in any conceivable format.

I think some off here have ordered it.

In bulk.

Like shite defect. Ready to be deployed at a moments notice.

Empty mouth/shelf? No need to worry I’ve got a stack of Bullshit just here. Instantly refillable too.

• Average_Contents

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Online guy

Ashley got questioned at the last shite defect shareholder meeting by Simon bird of the mirror.

He was asked the relationship between SD, NUFC and Rangers and what benefits there were to any of the parties.

He paused for 27 seconds then stated

It’s very beneficial to SD and it’s shareholders but it would be wrong to comment any further.

Some argue black and blue it’s not beneficial.

Even when presented with evidence straight from the horses mouth.

What more could they possibly want.

• NezzaNUFC

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Online Guy

I’m on the verge of starting my own online website business, and one thing I learned is that who ever wants to advertise on my website will be charge either monthly or yearly.

Now with Newcastle being a different business to MA SD, SD will have to pay Newcastle for it’s advertisement, even though MA own 100% Newcastle and 60% SD the other shareholders for SD will have to pay Newcastle for advertising there brand.

Again this is illegal and I’m surprise the Gov.co.uk haven’t looked into it, but to be honest the Gov are just as bad and as long as the corporation tax is high and on time they couldn’t give a sh!t

• NezzaNUFC

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:47 PM

This is why MA won’t sell Newcastle and also why he won’t sell shares in Newcastle because the SD shareholders would have to pay Newcastle shareholders for advertising and if they didn’t the Newcastle shareholder could sue for millions for each advert in/on the Stadium.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Carver is either very clever , insane or taking Crystal Meth at work…..

Or he has been told by Ashley and Charnley keep us up and you have the job for the next 5 years !!
    WORRYING INDEED!

• scout

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:55 PM

No way he will get the job. Look at his record. Rewarding failure??????

No way

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:56 PM

my Comment at one

Should have read Ashleys loan to himself of near £130 million ..not per year ..duh ..

• scout

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Seven defeats in a row and he reckons he’s in pole position. Is he having a laugh, its not tommy millers stag do

• usmagpie

May 1, 2015 at 12:02 AM

John Carver is a complete Idiot.
    If he thinks the job he has done is good enough then Mike should honestly get the Fcuking Tea Lady to do the job.
    This guy has lost the plot and needs to be put in a straight jacket and soon.

May 1, 2015 at 12:03 AM

Nezza

Your spot on about the gov mind and the corporation tax ..look how long they turned a blind eye to the non dom crack .

I know most of the answers but I’m stirring the pot as its getting a little to quite on here after a lot of folks on here and off here have put a lot of effort in against , and rightly so , Ashley , they must be knackred this last 2 months and before .. may their gods bless them all.

Hurrahh as Geordie would say up in Canada,.Hurrah !!

May 1, 2015 at 12:15 AM

Average , yeah , I Like Simon Bird . Proper supporter of North East Football, IV been watching northern league Football since I got back off me travels ,,really honest Football and a real community feel , Iv been in the Clubhouse up at Ashington and its great ..A pie And A pint and as much grub as you want and free !..I dont eat much but so so freindly ..Im back to my roots and its a refreshing change from Ashley the liar.

• Canny in Canberra

May 1, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Surely Carver must have had some kind of assurance from the higher ups to be talking this way!!
    If so, maybe they are filling his head full of magic so he doesn’t walk and leave us with nobody.

• newcs

May 1, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Looks like carver is starting to try his hand at stand up comedy….. Seems to have a nack for it too

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 1, 2015 at 12:21 AM

I just worry though with the chat from Carver saying Charnley apologised for leaving him high and dry on transfers and the injuries he might be able to play the mitigating circumstances card and also give then both a reach around…..

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 12:30 AM

REPOST

Ibiza @155

This has been my line throughout:

“My estimate was that at least 10% stayed away. There was well over 40,000 in the ground. About 43000 would be my guess.”

This was BandB’s line:

BandB // Apr 19, 2015 at 10:43 PM
    The ground was more than half empty at the end.
    BandB // Apr 19, 2015 at 11:01 PM
    Would anyone care to argue that was a 47,000+ crowd?
    If it was 25k when the whistle went, it would a generous estimate.
    They can pump out any figures they like. We have eyes.

So BandB is talking of 25,000 and on her own admission she was making estimates of the crowd size from outside the ground. No serious person would accept the evidence of a photograph to support an attendance of 25,000, especially when the photo isn’t time stamped. You couldn’t make it up.

“I didn’t see you win any arguments yesterday. I saw you getting barmier, angrier and more incoherent, before storming off cursing the lot of us, like Malvolio.”

“Anyone who tries to reason with him will get another round of his ludicrous and patently discredited claim that the ground was nearly full on Sunday. And that is his only aim.”

“This is the very angry man who stood outside the ground on Sunday in bright colours hoping to crack people out for a physical confrontation. Fifty years a fan too. You’d think at that age he’d have more dignity.”

So I have provided quotes from BandB. She clearly grossly distorts my comments to discredit me and paints me as a football hooligan. Lets see if she or you can provide any quotes from me that justify any of this.

To help you out on the last point and to show what a serious exaggeration it is, this is what prompted it:

“Blackley and Brownlie // Apr 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    Blacklegs across the road now. Distinctive black, yellow and blue north face jacket. Make yourselves known.”

And later: “I would have loved to meet yesterday the man who calls himself Mr Tuff. I made myself available wearing a distinctive black, blue and bright yellow top.”

So the quotes simply say I’d welcome meeting any of you, but especially the man who calls himself Tuff. Make yourselves known. No more than this. As a result I’m some sort of 50 year old football hooligan.

It just shows how things can be completely misrepresented to suit people’s arguments and then lead to comments like this:

“I have not seen anybody else but you suggesting that they had dressed up in a highly distinctive way with the purpose of provoking a physical confrontation at the protest.”

You couldn’t make it up. Unfortunately, some of you lot do. At least BandB, if she is being genuine, is now agreeing that my figure is reasonable.

May 1, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Can I make a suggestion ..just to Show the media and Ashley what Newcastle United are missing and the real numbers that don’t Attend during a game that the club choose to Mislead us on, and we choose to Boycott, we all go and take in a specific non League game in our Black and white Shirts ?
    We target one match to attend locally each home game ?

This way we are supporting local Football and the Club we choose on any given day can give us the gate or Attendance over their Average Gate .and benefit in a big way that keeps them alive and ticking over ..

.Its a positive side to a boycott and we are supporting local Football and embarrassing Ashley in the process !

.How about it ? ..Mactoon ? Who’s for it ?

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 12:38 AM

OG

I know you’re saying you’re stirring the pot but where did you get this from?

“…its been estimated last week in the press and TV that he’s getting £30 million a year advertising, with St James park being plastered with Sports Direct…”?

Did you just make that up? You couldn’t make it up. Did you just make that up?

• Thump

May 1, 2015 at 12:41 AM

@Online: Might I suggest NUWFC. They’re one of the few womens teams that aren’t supported by the league club, the shirts would fit in brilliantly, and we’d still be supporting Newcastle.

I’d also suggest that because they aren’t supported by NUFC, it’d do wonders for them to have increased attendance.

Good shout, mate.

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 12:41 AM

OG

That’s a good idea for a protest! I like it. Might be difficult to get the numbers though. Might just be a handful turn up. Blackley, Brownlie, Jeff, Ian Toon, and some guy called Carl was it? Have I missed anyone?

May 1, 2015 at 12:43 AM

Blackley ,

it was said on a tv slot ..cant recall the prog ..it was stated it was worth in an experts estimation that the ground being plastered with Sd would amount to £30 million a year in adverising on open market ..now I did not say it ..I did not formulate it ..I heard it plain though.

Think about it though , A premiur League Ground shown world wide ..got to be worth something eh ?

Not my figure’s mind so don’t shoot the piano player.

Good morning by the way .

May 1, 2015 at 12:43 AM

Premier

• JP...from The Rock

May 1, 2015 at 12:50 AM

What did I say…the extreme low just got worse!!

• Mister Tuff

May 1, 2015 at 12:54 AM

Blackley what a lad of crap.
    I made myself available in my highly distinctive clothing just to have a friendly chat and share some of the fairy cakes I’d baked that morning.
    What a load of bollocks.
    boohooo booohoo I’m not a football hooligan booohoo boohoo.
    Comedy Gold
    You cannot make this stuff up.

• Mister Tuff

May 1, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Blackley – you’ve missed Mr Funk, Pushy Pardew and John Irving.

May 1, 2015 at 12:57 AM

Thump I think the girls/ladies play on a Sunday ..could be an Alternative ..

But hey would Ashley hate the fact that Gateshead get an extra 15 thousand fans and they all hail from Newcastle United’s supporter base ?

That’s 15 thousand pints , and 15 thousand pies …well you know what I mean …

Oh and a small fruit based aperitif for the wife./ Girlfriend

That’s like a lottery win for the NON league club ..it’s a fantastic thought ..we could do it you know ..nowt to stop us ..

I’m going to check Gateshead fixtures on the day of the west Brom game ..we could boost the gate for them by at least 15 thousand ..Ashleys accountants will be doing their figures. Calculating the losses

Its a win win for the boycotters as the media would look on us as supporting Local football and making a massive point to Ashley not to mess with us anymore.

We dont have to limit it to Gateshead either. but it would be a start

Another point ..there is a danger on this blog that whaen someone comes up with a great idea and a solution to negative publicity towards protesters , there is a chance that they will and are , jumped on by any person afflicted buy the old green monster ..but this idea is foolproof

Its win win for Newcastle fans

Ashley out Lads can bring this to fruition.

Mactoon ! ?

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 1:03 AM

OG
    When was the programme? What else was it about? I’ve never heard figures anything like that from anyone. What was their credentials?

May 1, 2015 at 1:05 AM

The UK media/TV would be in Raptures reporting on a gate of 10 thousand at Ashington !..

(saying that they ain’t finished the new stand yet . need to check.)

The publicity for the Ashley out campaign would be limitless and all encompassing ..World Wide ! ..

• Canny in Canberra

May 1, 2015 at 1:06 AM

OG
    Awesome idea! If I was over there I would definitely be on board so I hope everyone who can, will.
    A positive out of this crappy situation would be a refreshing change. Well Done Mate! Well f@cking Done!!

May 1, 2015 at 1:10 AM

It might of been on playback and I suspect bbc Iplayer as I dont get much time for live TV Blackley .I’ ll go have a mooch on progs I covered last week .I’m sure it was in some news item that covered other topics.. so will take some fishing out, it was said, and without doubt I heard it as I recall thinking that sounds too much, and thinking I had heard figs of £12 million in the past ..you know ..a common consensus .. it’s not exactly folklore is it .

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Tuff

I have friendly chats on here. I don’t threaten anyone. I’d be more than happy to meet anyone on here and carry on face to face. I’m not a keyboard warrior like some.

I would love to meet anyone calling himself Tuff with such an aggressive attitude. Can you imagine the hilarity if you’re a little man with little man syndrome? Or if you’ve got cheeks and a nose like a bull dog? Comedy Platinum.

I forgot Pushy Pardew. I don’t think I know the other two.

• lesh

May 1, 2015 at 1:19 AM

John Carver; self-centered?

Four paragraphs from him, two ‘I’s and six ‘Me’s!

Egocentric?

The man’s in denial, oblivious to his record, delusional and he needs some expert help before he loses his mind completely.

….

May 1, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Canny in Canberra

How do Cobber …is it ok to say that ?…Heard it in Films …

Thanks for the encouragement ..can you imagine the Toon Army filling the Stands at Gateshead ..I think Gateshead stadium holds around 20 thousand and a few … a sea of black and white , no stewards tearing down the anti Ashley flags and banners no Ashley’s gestapo style attitude Stewards ripping little red cards out of Childrens hands ..

No Ashley stewards threatening to throw a little severely disabled Child in his little wheelchair with his dad out of the ground during the spurs match if he did not remove his small placard ..with no swear words on it

Newcastle fans would only be welcomed and the goodwill would spread. and we would be giving the NON league club enough money to survive the next season. Wages’ strips etc

Its win win all round.

• sickandtired

May 1, 2015 at 1:25 AM

OG & Blackley –
    The fact is, no matter what the advertising is worth, SD pay NOTHING at all for it.
    SD is a PLC, Ashley does not own it any longer and ceased to do so when he floated it on the stock market (2007 and thereby making him 975 million richer at that time and allowing him to buy the Club).
    Ashley is giving away commercial revenue to another company’s shareholders, as well as himself of course when that company’s share price does better as a result of it. He has 54% of the shares, giving him the majority – but not ownership.
    Llambias was the man who blew the whole ‘interest free’ loan garbage out of the water – when he stated that the advertising amount was in some way compensation for the loans. Payment in any form, as this is, does not = interest free. Surely that is simple enough to understand?
    The whole Ashley defense of that (as Llambias argued) was that advertising was there to showcase the potential to other potential paying customers.
    It seems, if anyone would be stupid enough to believe it, that in 8 years no other company anywhere wants to advertise at St James’.
    The reason the debt never gets paid down is, and always has been, obvious. The Club states that ‘debt within the group is beneficial’.
    129 million of debt of course helps offset any tax liability for MASH – the group which NUFC is part of.

• sickandtired

May 1, 2015 at 1:29 AM

And P.S.
    Carver seriously needs a mental health appointment.

May 1, 2015 at 1:31 AM

Blackley and Brownlie

Got to say this to you man ..and it should act as a wake up to humanity call for you

Just read your comments to Mister Tuff..I’v got no gripe with you just now ..but…

You are making a joke out of what someone might look like .. and erring on the ugly side

In this life, with time, you will come to understand that what someone looks like does not matter . its what’s in your heart that means most.

You know that really..but you got this war going on with Tuff ..who if you offer the hand of decency you will find to be an upstanding bloke.

• Canny in Canberra

May 1, 2015 at 1:32 AM

OG
    Yep, that’s fine. I’m not Aussie like but I think that’s standard and tame compared to how they speak to each other!! or maybe that’s just my husband to me?

As good as your plan is you do realize that our Salad dodging owner is a sociopath and is incapable of feeling anything.
    Would advise that any club you were thinking of attending be notified first. Just so they can get some extra pies in etc. Would cause problems for them to cope with such a huge number of unexpected people and the headline would just end up being about the chaos created rather than the good intentions.

May 1, 2015 at 1:35 AM

Sickand tired ..

please change your name it knocked me sick soon as i read it

Saying that thanks for the info I will pick the bones out of it later today ..in fact early morning I will scrutinise it ..good to be educated . cheers.

May 1, 2015 at 1:46 AM

Canny in Canberra

OH yes ..it would be well done ..the Ashley out group are very responsible and anything they organise is beyond reproach , The logistics will be worked out and numbers expected given.

That’s provided they pick up the cudgel and run with this mind

Change Cudgel… to Idea.. I best say that as will get jumped on by people who don’t understand a Metaphor

• Canny in Canberra

May 1, 2015 at 1:50 AM

OG
    At least two of you recent posts you have expressed concern about being jumped on. Forgive me for being a smart arse but unless you’ve invited one of this Mob round for a cuppa the likelihood of getting jumped on is slim and depending on the invitee not necessarily an unpleasant experience. 😛