Defeat At Leicester Will Plunge Magpies Into Deeper Trouble

Leicester are the betting favorites to beat Newcastle United tomorrow in the early kick-off game, and hand interim head coach John Carver his eighth defeat on the trot in the Premier League, and that would be another record we don’t want at Newcastle.

Carver seems to be completely out of his depth, but he doesn’t see it that way and last night said the was still in pole position to get the Newcastle job permanently in the summer.

nigel pearson lecister

Nigel Pearson – likely to get the better of Carver tomorrow

But Leicester City are in form at the moment, and although they lost to Chelsea 3-1 on Wednesday night, they played well and were 1-0 up at the half, and Nigel Pearson has them fighting for the cause, and they are extremely well organized by the former Newcastle coach.

The Leicester crowd are also firmly behind their team as they look to make their amazing escape, and John Carver was at the game on Wednesday night and said in yesterday’s press conference the crowd were right behind their team and the atmosphere was terrific.

Leicester have won four of there last five games and have gained a massive 12 points on Newcastle in the last four weeks, and the Foxes are looking to escape relegation in their first season back in England’s top flight.

And even our readers think the likelihood is that we will lose the game tomorrow at the King Power Stadium.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

We’ll just have to hope the teams below us in the league don’t start winning and that’s especially true of Sunderland, who are currently 3rd bottom on 30 points, five points behind Newcastle, but they have a game in hand.

We’ll have to hope they lose against Southampton at the Stadium of Light tomorrow, and don’t mount another great escape that they managed last year at this time under former manager Gus Poyet.

Experienced Dutch manager Dick Advocaat has been brought in to replace Poyet and so far in his four games in charge he has 4 points including a 5th successive win over Newcastle – so they have gained 4 points on Newcastel in just four games.

A Newcastle loss and a Sunderland win would plunge Newcastle further into the relegation quagmire,

It’s time for our players to show some fight and passion for the cause, and for John Carver to show he can organize the team better than he’s been doing, and inspire the players to get the win we so desperately need.

John has not been able to do that so far in his sixteen games in charge of the team.

We hope that will change at the King Power Stadium tomorrow.

• Average_Contents

May 1, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Case in point. Or didn’t you think nobody realised?

“Here’s a friendly tip – if you don’t like it don’t read it.”

Why do people say that? If you by her to think about it it’s totally illogical. 🙂

• Average_Contents

May 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Geordieviking

When I post I do not intend to be obtrusive or use language that is inappropriate and upset people but sometimes it just slips out in general rants about the slug or his puppets, even more so when the poster in question is a complete and utter t**t (I’m sure you know who I mean)

Only this past week I’ve avoided confrontation with the t**t and will continue to do so because it’s a t**t who’s sole intention since its been back on the blog is to antagonise others, tell others it’s better than them, they are not real fans so before commenting on something you clearly missed (another one who missed something) might I suggest getting your facts right and leave pointing the finger.

Oh and the irony of grammatical errors.

You couldn’t make it up.

You yourself have made repeated mistakes when calling me out for it but I understand. It’s okay. Some times its just the device and I’m sure you don’t proof read everyone of your posts before submitting. I didn’t proof read this. Is that ok?

Cheers anyway

Ibiza

Your a massive c**t ????

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 10:16 AM

AC…*You’re* Thanks 😉

GeordieViking…You obviously can call it as you see it, I disgaree they’re the worst for it and that balance isn’t already provided by those who you have not mentioned.

I do wish though, that everyone could find a better way to communicate, but this is a blog, so that’s probably an unrealistic expectation.

There is only so much someone can ignore.

• BoyDoneGood

May 1, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Jayphoto

I agree 100% with what you wrote about team selection, including the interesting Sammy Ameobi idea (which I’ve raised myself on here)… until I got to Cabella. I would play him. And 4-2-3-1 – to cheer myself up, I rewatched the Jan 31st Hull match last night. Apart from the errors in defence – where Krul dug us out and Hull lacked the killer finish – I really enjoyed it.

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 10:18 AM

AC…I notice on this thread you’re not quite sure anymore????

• Average_Contents

May 1, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Ok. Let’s put it another way.

Here’s a tip – If you don’t like the usual contents of my posts, then don’t read them. Hope that clears your issue up.

I’m not going to change. They’ll always be the same.

I didn’t proof read this either so apologies.

• scout

May 1, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Im backing us to win in the remaining games. Soon as we win ill stop. 100/30 tomorrow.

• MrMojoRisin76

May 1, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Repost

One Fine Day
    I have no gripe with your opinion on the article,i don’t like it when people claim Ed is sensationalizing articles so he can get more ad money,to call him shameless is out of order.

• scout

May 1, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Come on lads why argue. We have to stick together.

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 10:22 AM

HWTF

• scout

May 1, 2015 at 10:24 AM

HWTF

• MrMojoRisin76

May 1, 2015 at 10:25 AM

HWTF

• davetoon

May 1, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Has the squad been released for Sat yet? Hoping that Sissoko is playing and hes hungry to prove his doubters.
    Dummett back at LB and Gouffran/Anita on the bench is also another plus if hes fit.

• Average_Contents

May 1, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Hwtf

• Slank

May 1, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Ed,

If Villa, Sunderland or Hull lose they will be in even greater trouble. And they have a worse run in to the end of the season than us. Even WBA are not safe.

Burnley and QPR are not going to escape.

• MrMojoRisin76

May 1, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Moussa is a bit like Blackley in the sense that they are both 13 yr old girls trapped in a mans body.

• Average_Contents

May 1, 2015 at 10:31 AM

To sound like a bit of a t**t, I didn’t start it lmfco

You couldn’t make it up 😀

I’ll tell you what’s going to happen in the very near future. Possibly not now I’m mentioning it but he’s that predictable that it wouldn’t surprise me.

The poster you failed to mention will pick up on your post, copy and paste it then say well done you.

YOU’RE (ibiza you tit) going to be best buds. Good luck.

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 10:32 AM

“There will again be protests against Mike Ashley in the 34th minute of the game, and certainly these demonstrations will not be helping our players get the results we need if we are going to be safe this season.”

There is absolutely no connection between protests and dismal team performances. It’s a smoke screen used by those who wish to undermine fan efforts of making their voice heard.

We have been gutless in numerous performances where there have been 52,000. What wasn’t helping performances is those 52,000 sat on their arses and didn’t provide any semblance of an atmosphere.

If anything, any action that gives the supporters courage in their convictions to display passion, frustration, and emotion on the terraces, should serve as stark contrast to the gutless, passionless, deflated performances of our players, which could actually in turn encourage them to make a bloody effort!

Anyway, that’s my two cents. I’m off again.

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Don’t tire yourselves out, we need those 4 letters again tomorrow 🙂

On relegation, we are definitely at the if’s and but’s stage. I’d prefer we were still at the “No chance that could happen” stage.

LLLLLLLW or LLLLLLD would be lovely, to ease the pressure, but it wont cover up the disasterous situation we edge closer and closer towards.

A nervous weekend of football is ahead.

• Average_Contents

May 1, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Ibiza

I’m guessing your going to receive some abusive emails in the very near future 😀

• Average_Contents

May 1, 2015 at 10:38 AM

What disastrous situation Ibiza?

I’m afraid your eyes deceive you.

There’s lots with this strange affliction nowadays. Pundits, real fans, armchair fans. Hell, even honest john himself. Obviously after the board never apologised to him for leaving him without enough.

No. It’s all lies.

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 10:40 AM

AC…You raise a good point about receiving emails.

My email address has been out there for anyone on here who wanted to contact me. Only certain people have. No one who objects with me or my stance. It’s as if they don’t really want to understand.

Anyway, come see me after “you’re” sleep…clearly we still have work to do 🙂

Ciaran…As I understand it, not that I would know (being an armchair fan), it’s about the potential of the crowd getting behind the team and roaring them on. Just in case the players do something to get the crowd cheering.

• Lindisfarne

May 1, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Paco Jemez does not seem to want to go anywhere. Out of the blue speculation and season tickets is a slippery concoction.

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Ibiza/Average

I posted on how my fair estimation of the crowd was turned into a character assassination by BandB. I’ve helpfully cited the relevant posts that you couldn’t recall. I don’t see you commenting now one way or the other.

She and others went as far as portraying me as a football hooligan when I could just as easily be waiting to offer you a Werthers Original.

As for this better fans business. Yes that is my view. You may hate it to your bones but that is what I believe. Fans who go home and away and have done all of their lives, like John Alder and Liam Sweeney did, are the best fans of all; far more dedicated and committed than me. Whilst fans like that continue to resist calls for boycotts, I’ll continue to support them. If you think you’re as good a fan as them and you criticise them for being in Ashley’s pocket, I say you’re entitled to do so but I think you’re wrong.

In this p.c. world some bloggers think their opinions deserve equal weight. So a young lad can decide to become a NUFC fan today and tomorrow agitate for strife for the club to get relegated to get rid of Ashley. He’s on his keyboard somewhere in the world, has never been to SJP and has no intention of going. He even criticises NUFC fans who go home and away. I think it’s fair game for me to question his credentials and his perspective.

Anyone who thinks that NUFC getting relegated would be a good thing hasn’t got much of a care or an idea IMO. It could well be the case that NUFC would sell its players and because its so badly run, would drop like a stone through the divisions. It didn’t happen last time only because Ashley’s got massive pockets. What would stop it this time?

You may not like my opinion, but it doesn’t deserve the abuse that some bloggers give me.

• MrMojoRisin76

May 1, 2015 at 10:43 AM

I think the only chance we have got to win tomorrow is if Carver set’s the team out to antagonise Nigel Pearson until he opens a can of whoop ass on somebody.The game get’s called off,we get the points.Tell Krul to sign some autographs before every goal kick,tell Perez to bend over to tie his shoelaces in front of him the place his forehead on the ground in an ostrich like fashion.If they flick bogey’s at him he’s bound to not like that.Carver can really help out also if he goes for a jog for half an hour before the game and when it come’s to kick off and hand shake time,if he spends 5 minutes rubbing said hand around his sweaty gentleman’s area and rear entrance before going out to greet him that’s bound to get stoke the flames.

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 10:46 AM

If he’s referencing me in his shameless post a few points must be noted:

I currently live in Newcastle, and have done so for almost 3 years in total.

I have been to St James’ Park many times.

Even if those two factors were not present, those who have neither been to SJP and do not have the luxury of living in Newcastle to be able to go to matches on a regular basis, still deserve to have their opinions considered.

“All pigs are equal…but some pigs are more equal than others” rhetoric is alive and kicking I see.

You couldn’t make it up.

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Ciaran says

“There is absolutely no connection between protests and dismal team performances. It’s a smoke screen …”

You couldn’t make it up. We might need a point for survival. The players might just manage to put in a performance that gives some hope that we can get it. There might be a period in a game when we need a goal and the fans will recognise it and roar them on.

Anyone who writes a post like Ciaran’s has never appreciated the power of the crowd at SJP to spur on the players or influence a referee. One thing’s for sure. It’s a valuable advantage lost if everyone boycotts. No wonder I question some fans credentials.

It’s naive to think NUFC wouldn’t be in serious danger of terminal decline as it drops down the divisions following relegation, or at the very least fall into torpor for years.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Blackley,

Everytime I come on here your antagonising someone or playing the victim when they bite back… but I dont condone trading of insults and threats… it about taking the higher moral high ground there.

Look you have made your stance very clear, it is in fact very polar opposite to quite a few of the vocal posters on here. By taking this stance and defending it to the hilt you must expect some people to clash with you.

Why the heck is the attendance at the match still getting banded about… who cares what it was, who cares what people claim it was, it MADE THE NEWS… it made people stand up (or sit down) and listen… understand that not all the fans are happy with this slow slide into the abyss.

• MrMojoRisin76

May 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM

No Ciaran,You couldn’t make this up

“Blackley and Brownlie // Apr 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    Blacklegs across the road now. Distinctive black, yellow and blue north face jacket. Make yourselves known.”

And later: “I would have loved to meet yesterday the man who calls himself Mr Tuff. I made myself available wearing a distinctive black, blue and bright yellow top.”

So the quotes simply say I’d welcome meeting any of you, but especially the man who calls himself Tuff. Make yourselves known. No more than this. As a result I’m some sort of 50 year old football hooligan.

It just shows how things can be completely misrepresented to suit people’s arguments

We ALL knew what you meant when you posted the message about making ourselves known,the very fact your trying to deny this by saying you didn’t actually say you wanted a fight and you wanted to meet up for tea and scones means your an idiot.

So,in fact,you are misrepresenting YOUR own words to suit YOUR argument.

• John Tudor

May 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM

thats it for me if bollox heed gets the gig here no more posts no more guff can be takenim off to watch the local park footy
    maybe we will lose a couple of our players to fat cnuts army

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Ciaran’s argument turns to:

“Those who have neither been to SJP and do not have the luxury of living in Newcastle to be able to go to matches on a regular basis, still deserve to have their opinions considered.”

No one is saying otherwise. Quite the contrary. Another straw man argument.

• mindshaft

May 1, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Sadly the form table doesn’t lie, not sure why people think we will win or draw this game, Leicesters 2 defeats were a close 4-3 against Spurs and a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea ( after leading 1-0)

4 Leicester L W W W W L 12pts

20 Newcastle L L L L L L 0 pts

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Blackley @31

actually this is the opposite of what you keep spouting, infact you claim some supporters are better than others and you should be able to disgard peoples opinions on the club.

Im at this point going to point out… how many games has our lovely owner been to this year?, is he a fan of NUFC? does his opinion matter to you?

Also you arguments around better fans has changed so much from post to post so im not really going to engage it further because to be frankly honest its proposterous in its very nature… happy shouting from the roof tops.

• Macas

May 1, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Mindshaft – Teams don’t go on winning or losing runs indefinitely, sooner or later something will change. We can only hope that is the case this weekend.

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 1, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Mojo
    Does it say fight? Does it say conversation? Does it say offer a Werthers Original and have a chat about the football and the merits of the protest? All could apply. You have chosen hooliganism.

You say “We ALL knew what you meant when you posted the message about making ourselves known …” So you speak on behalf of ALL? How do you manage to do that please? Surely, you could only manage it if you consider you’re in a gang of like minds?

And then to call someone an idiot. That’s something you wouldn’t say to anyone’s face without it being considered fighting talking.

• optimistic prime

May 1, 2015 at 11:14 AM

HWTF

• lochinvar

May 1, 2015 at 11:14 AM

The Emperors New Clothes (extract) :
    So off went the Emperor Ashley in procession under his splendid canopy picked by zero hours staff from the Dire Sports warehouse. Everyone in the streets and the windows said, “Oh, how fine is the Emperor Ashley’s new shell suit! Don’t they fit him to perfection? Nobody would confess that he couldn’t see anything, for that would prove him either unfit for his position, or a fool. Perhaps even both.
    No costume the Emperor Ashley had worn before was ever such a complete success or so it appeared.

“But he hasn’t got anything on,” all the geordie fans said. ( doesn’t bear thinking about that )

“Did you ever hear such innocent prattle?” said True Geordie.
    And one fan whispered to another what the fan had said, “He hasn’t anything on. A fan says he hasn’t anything on.”

“But he hasn’t got anything on!” the whole toon cried out at last.

The Emperor Ashley shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, “This procession has got to go on.” ( unfortunately )
    So he walked more proudly than ever through his beloved London town , as his noblemen Carver and Chanley held high the train that wasn’t there at all.

” Bollocks ” said a fan and at least on that point he was right.

• MrMojoRisin76

May 1, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Blackley
    2 words,Rorschach Test.

• Average_Contents

May 1, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Unfortunately hope is not a word associated with sports defect united.

No hope, no ambition and certainly no talk of competing for anything. You’ll get threatened with legal action if you persist.

I’m still pondering why 2 club statements were issued in denial of any wrongdoings between ourselves and shite defect but none about fan concerns of where we are heading as a sporting institution…on second thoughts, we all know. Don’t we?

Some do. Others have their heads well and truly buried in the arse crack of their beloved.

You quite literally couldn’t make it up

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 11:21 AM

AC,

Id have to agree, I honestly thought we were safe, pending a win on Saturday I can see us being relegated… if Sunderland pick up wins at Everton and Liecester… which is possible.

Its scary to think we have a whole different Derby match going on right now… the winner stays up the loser is relegated.