Is This Newcastle’s Best Team For Leicester City?

Some rare god news this week is that Moussa Sissoko will return to the starting line-up tomorrow at Leicester City, and Siem de Jong played the full 90 minutes for the U21 side at Derby County on Tuesday night, but he will not start tomorrow.

moussa sissoko scores qpr

We want to see this from Moussa Sissoko tomorrow

It looks like Paul Dummett could also be back and he’s been in training over the last two weeks and we would expect him to come in at left back tomorrow at the King Power Stadium.

Newcastle played quite well in the first half last week but in the second half we were hopeless, and Swansea were the much better side and deserved to win, but Siem came on for the last 15 minutes and showed his complete class and also got a late goal – his very first for the club.

This could be the team that John Carver starts tomorrow afternoon, to try to break out seven game losing streak – the longest at Newcastle since 1978.

Krul
Janmaat Williamson Coloccini (c) Dummett
Sissoko Colback
Cabella Perez Gutierrez
Riviere
Subs: Woodman Taylor (R) Anita Abeid de Jong Gouffran Armstrong

What team would you start tomorrow?

Ryan Taylor could potentially start on the right wing for Remy Cabella, because of his threat from free kicks and corners,  but we expect Sissoko and Colback to be the two central midfielders – and they have been first choice this season.

We are assuming that Rolando Aarons is still not fit to be on the bench, and we’d be very surprised if he is fit enough to play again this season.

It’s very important that Newcastle break our terrible losing run, but the majority of our readers don’t think we can do that tomorrow.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Short answer Ed – No.

• Belfast

May 1, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Belfast // May 1, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Is Pushy around ? need some intelligent conversation.

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Is Fake Ruddy around? I hated him but it brought much needed brevity to the blog.

• Jesus1983

May 1, 2015 at 2:15 PM

No Sammy Ameobi or Obertan on the bench?

It’s a shame that Carver has ditched the wide men. We were picking up our best results when we played with width.

Cabella has shown nothing recently….infact Aarons and Obertan have done more than him in the handful of games they have played.

• Belfast

May 1, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Colback in front of the back four, Sissoko on the right, Cabella behind the front two.

Attack Toon attack !

• Macas

May 1, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Ciaran – You have been having a go at fans for attending games, which is what your friends are currently doing.

• Belfast

May 1, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Fake Ruddy was a good laugh much better than the real one lol

• Macas

May 1, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Ibiza – The scorn was there long before bloggers on here started to take exception to it.

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Macas

Having a go implies I’m attacking people. I’m not attacking people, I’m criticising them. Do you think I don’t criticise my friends for going to the games? I do. I do so vociferously.

So how about instead of trying to call me out – which is what you’ve been doing since we first spoke (for the first time ever I think) how about you engage in the substance of what I am talking about, as opposed to the “me” aspect of it which is what you seemed to be focused on, for whatever reason.

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Belfast

Sadly, I think I’m going to have to agree! haha

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Ah yes, didn’t “real ruddy” end up adding a copyright symbol to his name?

A good time had by all.

Debate was good back then. A much better balance of faith on the blog. Bring back OV *smack* ow…I was only playing.

• dok - the horrid colonial

May 1, 2015 at 2:24 PM

when fans had the 1st boycott, we were a different blogosphere, a little pride restored, feeling the seed was planted for change… was happy to read and post here…

now the arrival of blackley and his altarboy macas… and GV to name a few, and were back doing exactly what MA wants, tear at each other, rather than unite and strengthen…

Blackley and the rest, go make a pro Ashley blog.. hang out there and enjoy each others company… that is all..

AC, I am done 🙂

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Dok/AC

What these people are good at is getting us to bite on their bait. I too am done with them. Instead of focusing on the substance at issue they attack people personally because they know the substance of what is at issue is undeniable.

Of course they have a right to air their opinion, but when that entails misrepresenting people’s points of view in order to attack them and invalidate them, that’s not on.

As easy as it is to debate and prove these people wrong, it does get somewhat tedious to be faced with constant attacks on your character, as opposed to your point.

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Macas…All I can say is that I’ve seen Ciaran get in to blog brawls with all types of people on here, with many differing views. He can be fiery, but I don’t believe he attacks people just for having a different opinion.

Another way of looking at this, is there a way that people could approach Ciaran differently (Sorry Ciaran, don’t mean to talk about you like you’re not here….you “over educated brat”) to get a better response?

There is more than one way to skin a cat. We can’t change people, but we can change how we deal with them.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I might just start counting posts that are either attacks on other posters for their views or responses to attacks… I suspect one might find that this blog has became somewhat of a playground…

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Ciaran,

Just agree with them, then discuss points of topic with other people, if they chime in again… just say yes of course your right.

They will soon get bored

• Munster Mag

May 1, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Paco would be a fun manager, but do we need a manager who’se team has let in 61 goals this season? Joint worst in Spanish top flight I think….mind u , he’s not Charva….

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Zero…You are correct. I see no way forward but to chop my fingers off.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Munster,

I think the tea lady should be given a 5 year contract and a chance, no doubt shes a geordie… hell she might have even made tea for Sir Bobby aswell or even Keegan.

• Lindisfarne

May 1, 2015 at 2:33 PM

How many dead horses are in the side?

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Zero

I fear you’re probably right about the tit-for-tat aspect of this blog.

Maybe one day things will be better – we’ll return to bickering and attacking each other over on-field issues like team selection, substitutions, player performances et al!

As for your advice, maybe an interesting tack.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Ciaran,

I remember a couple of years ago when Kets was the only major distraction on the blog, everyone would rally to call him unrealistic and annoying etc.. oh how it would be nice to get back to that lol

At least he was funny… im not sure if it was intentional but hell who cares right…

• Macas

May 1, 2015 at 2:39 PM

dok – Why don’t you go and make a boycott blog and hang out there instead? Everyone has a right to air their views on here. Just because some of us have differing views to the majority doesn’t mean we should say nothing. And you could quite easily have reversed what you said – if the rest of you had all agreed with our viewpoints the blog would be a happier place, but it doesn’t work that way. As for going somewhere else, I’ve been posting on this blog for years and years, so I think I’ll stay put thanks.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Good for you Macas.

How do you feel about Eds predicted team?

• Macas

May 1, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Ciaran
    I haven’t made a personal attack on you, I disagreed with what you wrote and the way you have talked about people attending games in the past. And I don’t see much difference between criticising / having a go to be honest, both mean the same thing.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM

And it begins…

• hibbit

May 1, 2015 at 2:45 PM

i used to like reading talktoon till he was driven of

• hibbit

May 1, 2015 at 2:45 PM

off

• Mister Tuff

May 1, 2015 at 2:45 PM

People need to calm down a bit on here, relax, chill maybe have a nice cup of tea, obviously a nice cup of Ringtons Tea would be best.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:46 PM

does transfersage still post, havnt seen him in a while?

I remember he got crap tons of flak over the Remy transfer to QPR.

• Macas

May 1, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Zero – I wouldn’t play Sissoko in the middle, I feel he can go missing for long periods of the game and doesn’t make enough tackles in there. I’d play him wide right, and carry on with Jonas in the middle along with Colback and Abeid, with Perez out left. Cabella did nothing the last game so I’d leave him on the bench as an impact sub if needed.

• dok - the horrid colonial

May 1, 2015 at 2:46 PM

torq was quality as well, always insightful…

• Ciaran

May 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Macas

“Having a go” implies aggression. I’m not aggressive towards people.

As for being personal – you seemed to try and invalidate my comments on the atmosphere at the ground, and then my stance with friends of mine who regularly go despite my stance re boycotting.

Everything you focused on was not whether what I was saying was true or not, but rather your focus was on me personally. So yes, you were being personal.

• dok - the horrid colonial

May 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM

zero, TS has been on once in awhile, always good to see him as well

• Ibizatoon

May 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Zero..Transfer is still about. Doesn’t post as much as he used to. Still good content when he does.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Tuff,

your just trying to push my buttons with your opinions on tea…pssbbbrrrr… ringtons… im a Yorkshire man… at worst tetleys…

I carnt possibly have this…no it can not do… Tuff leave the blog at once, never to return 😛

• Macas

May 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Ibiza – You may be right about approaching things differently, but surely he could do the same as well, which you omitted from your post. I’m not here to argue for the sake of it, I just get sick of people not attending games going on about the atmosphere. If they think it’s bad why not turn up and make some noise.

• Belfast

May 1, 2015 at 2:51 PM

I take it Jeffery has been banned or something ? he hasn’t been on for about a week.

• Zero

May 1, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Macas,

that might work with more of a 4 4 2 with perez just slotted in behind Rivi?

Not sure who would be on to replace cabella though… given what you suggested

• hibbit

May 1, 2015 at 2:52 PM

various people have put bits on here including myself if it turns out ok no body bothers if the imfo is remotely out god help you so now very little is put on just in case its wrong not worth the risk