Alan Pardew Reveals Why He Left Newcastle

Alan Pardew has finally cast some light on why he left Newcastle United at the end of the year, after we beat Everton 3-2 at home on December 28th, and he asked John Carver to take the news conference following the game.

Stoke City v Crystal Palace - Premier League

Alan Pardew – why he left Newcastle

Alan has said he left because of the general feeling of the supporters towards him  and even when we won, as on that day, it was only because the other side were poor.

This is what Pardew has said:

“The next day, the reaction in the press and the town was that we won because of their deficiencies. “I thought to myself, ‘what am I ever going to win here?’ I thought maybe it’s time to go, it’s better for them and better for me.”

“I’m kind of an icon as a player for a famous goal in the 1990 FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool, and a period which was Palace’s best. When you become manager, you put that at risk.”

“A manager at Palace will never win every game. The burden of not losing that tag, being liked and respected, that’s a difficult position to keep when you are the manager.”

“I’ll carry that burden until the day I finish at this club.”

But it seems Alan had already decided to leave before the Everton game, since John Carver took the after game press conference, so he must have decided before the game even started – and it was good to go out with a win we suppose.

Pardew must have been sickened by the constant abuse he got from the Newcastle fans – and it was vicious at times – and John Carver has already started to complain about the abuse he received from Newcastle fans last Saturday.

It’s nothing compared to what Pardew had to take over four years on Tyneside.

But it’s turned out to be a case of be careful what you wish for,  and Newcastle could well end up with John Carver as the new head coach or Steve McClaren.

Let’s put it this way, we aren’t a big enough club who can attract a Jurgen Klopp type of top coach – we have no chance of signing him – zero chance.

Since Pardew left Newcastle after more than four years on board, Crystal Palace have been on the ascendancy and are now safe on 42 points and 7 points above Newcastle.

Newcastle have been in free-fall under the inexperienced John Carver, and we could still be relegated this season, and that become even more possible if we lose at Leicester City today – which is likely according to our poll.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Leicester?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

That’s how bad things are at Newcastle right now after we were 9th top when Alan finally wanted out.

Newcastle are in a very bad situation at the moment, make no mistake about that – worse than most people think.

• jimmysmith

May 2, 2015 at 8:39 AM

I believe it!

• Average_Contents

May 2, 2015 at 8:40 AM

If nothing else, at least they said this lol

Later on Twitter, O’Connell revealed the pair had made their feelings plain about Mike Williamson, Newcastle’s centre-half. “He [Carver] told us he tells Williamson not to play long balls but he keeps doing it,” he tweeted. “Told him I’m a better player than Williamson and he didn’t reply.”

No one at Newcastle was available to comment on the visit but it is understood to have been regarded as a success. Allen’s tweets included a thank-you. “We must thank NUFC and Wendy Taylor (the club’s head of communications) for the opportunity they gave us,” he ”rote. “It meant a lot to both of us.”

• jimmysmith

May 2, 2015 at 8:43 AM

see how I look after ya’ pal. Ed’z on one of his missions or speed, one of the two.

IrishGeordie9 // May 2, 2015 at 8:27 AM

LGFUAD

A bit contradictory their. You say Rayo aren’t a good team, yet agree that they’re over-achieving. Surely that would suggest he is a good manager?

Yes, McClaren has been more successful, but thats because he has more experience and he has been in the game longer. He has also had more failures, if you’re using those terms.

Paco in his short managerial career has got 3 teams promoted into a higher division and as you say he is now getting Rayo to over-achieve.

Sounds good to me. A risk yeah. But so is Carver.

• optimistic prime

May 2, 2015 at 8:46 AM

I probably should catch up and read up on the fans meeting with JC but my heads rattling a bit.

Usual BS I’d expect, 1st question I would have asked would have been
    Wtf are Sissoko and colo doing captaining the team?
    Both are bonk and both want away.

I’m glad I’m still I wee tipsy otherwise JC saying he’s getting the job next week may have knarked me, thankfully I don’t have the energy.

HWTF

• BoyDoneGood

May 2, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Paul Merson: “I just can’t see where Newcastle are going to win another game.” I doubt he’ll be choosing fixture lists as his specialist subject when he appears on Mastermind.

• Harley

May 2, 2015 at 8:50 AM

I don’t know if everyone knows this already but I know someone who is moderately high up at the club and they said the head count for last Saturday was just over 30,000. I know most of you prob already know that though.

Anyway me and mate put £50 each on us going down yesterday at 15/1. We’ll be out watching the game today and praying we win but if we do go down we may as well get something out of it.

• spitfire_

May 2, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Let’s recap. Straight after the win against Everton, pardew say to Carver to do the post game interviews, which wasn’t happened before, but the reason are the fans and media reaction at the day after? Right.

I think it’s time for pardew to stop talking about our club and to keep his lying opinion for himself.

• Whumpie

May 2, 2015 at 8:56 AM

I think AP’s exit has shown how pointless everything is while Ashley owns the club. It doesn’t matter who is the manager, whi the players are – they just provide a variety of types of shitness.

What makes me saddest of all is that so many people still go to games. WTF do they expect to change while they continue to give Ashley exactly what he wants?

The first boycott wasn’t great but it shook him. The pathetic “protest” at the last game must have made him laugh.

STAY THE F**K AWAY EVERYONE. YOU ARE KILLING THE CLUB.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 2, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Jimmy…you are doing nothing but excusing Carver just because he’s a Geordie. The only ones caring about him being a Geordie are Geordies.

…next thing would be to say Shola was loyal ad well (another misconception) ????

No need to drag my character into this, I am not being the opportunist or the apologist here!

• joeinthecheapseats

May 2, 2015 at 9:01 AM

Any decent owner would have replaced Carver long before today.
    There again we don’t have a decent owner we have a greedy owner whose not bothered about the club the fans or what anyone thinks of him.
    predicting a 2/0 defeat today as we won’t have the heart for a fight and tactics will be poor again

• jimmysmith

May 2, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I’m not defending Carver the manager, but Carver the man and his 15 years service to the club. Please clarify exactly what you mean by “opportunist”. SITC thinks I’ve misinterpreted your intention. If so, I’ll gladly apologise to you, but not to those who rubbish him on a personal level.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 2, 2015 at 9:08 AM

OP…you’re up early then ;D

• davis_toons

May 2, 2015 at 9:11 AM

I believe we can Win this Game.

• optimistic prime

May 2, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Jesper

Whenever I have a skinful I wake up in shock quite early ready to eat everything in sight. 🙂

I was on limited edition Budvaar last night 7.5%, a lovely pint 🙂

I’m a bit wobbley but feel quite good, still drunk I think 😉

• optimistic prime

May 2, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Jesper

When I say feel good that’s I feel good all things considered 🙂

• davis_toons

May 2, 2015 at 9:14 AM

I believe after the Mind Games by JC or the Scare Tactics by him to announce that he will be HC by nxt week,

The players that wanted to stay..will work hard and impress again.

• jimmysmith

May 2, 2015 at 9:14 AM

“Jimmy…you are doing nothing but excusing Carver just because he’s a Geordie.”

Jesper, that’s opportunistic. You make an assertion, by way of argument, that is without foundation, and no one other than those who have followed our discussion, probably no one, would see it for what is, baseless nonesense.

• IrishGeordie9

May 2, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Thanks a lot Jimmy. I swear my phone is going to get hoisted out of my window sometime soon.

To an extent I agree with Pardew. No matter what he did it was always counted as luck, or the other team not performing. He’s right… He couldn’t win.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 2, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Jimmy…Carver wants the Newcastle job regardless of whether or not has the credentials, are good enough, whether or not it would be right for Newcastle. The club he has worked for for 15 years and he supports.

…he wants it because it’s right for him, because it’s his boyhood dream. He would drag us through hell and back to get the job and he will apologize for it…it’s nothing but a selfish act that only suits him.

He would not walk, not because he his a winner (as was Pardew’s excuse), but because he’s an opportunist.

A Geordie can be an opportunist as well you know?

• Laurent Robert 32

May 2, 2015 at 9:26 AM

…said Alan, who would have been sacked at multiple points at any other club.

Goodbye, Alan, and good riddance.

• banjax

May 2, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Lesson to Mike Ashley. Don’t hire managers against the wishes of your paying customers.

• catchy in norway

May 2, 2015 at 1:47 PM

I guess he feels like he is having the last laugh, but really im still very happy he is gone, charver is inept and wont be HC next season, he has lost the fans and the players,

• vipgreek

May 2, 2015 at 3:53 PM

And you want to know whats pathetic , the next home game there will still be supporters their filling up the pockets of Ashley , This is one reason why he wont leave take a stand for once and have 40,000 supporters protest outside the ground singing and chanting Ashley out , imagine the game being shown on live tv with a empty stadium , what would the reaction be in the media, what would the FA’s reaction be if this happens im sure Ashley will start to feel unwelcomed for the first time.