The Complete Shame Of Newcastle United – And Two Sent Off

Newcastle lost this 6 pointer today to Leicester City 3-0, and we certainly didn’t start very well and were 1-0 down after just 37 seconds, and things went downhill from there, in what was really a shameful performance from the side, and it’s difficult to see how we can get another point this season and we are probably on our way down – and quite honestly we deserve to be relegated.

And both Mike Williamson and Daryl Janmaat got themselves sent off in the second half, which will further weaken our side against West Brom,  and the players and John Carver have completely lost the plot and this was nothing less than a complete disgrace by the team and the coaches – a complete disaster.

Some experienced coach must be brought in early next week – John Carver hasn’t got a clue what he should be doing – we should at least try to save Newcastle over the next three games, but we could be going down – it could all be too late.

Leonardo Ulloa

Ulloa scores after just 37 seconds against a dispirited Newcastle side

Oops almost forgot – that’s our 8th loss in succession in the Premier League and that’s  a new record for Newcastle, and we could lose the next three as well – and we will if we play like this.

And we were extremely lucky that it was only 3-0 – it should and could have been a lot more.

John Carver had talked during the week about how poor Newcastle are from set-plays, just in case Nigel Pearson didn’t know what he should be working on this week, and sure enough from their first corner Leonardo Ulloa headed home unchallenged to get the home side off to a great start, roared on by their magnificent fans.

And then after 17 minutes it got even worse when a free kick out on the left came in and it was Wes Morgan who put the ball home unchallenged to make it 2-0.

It was all too easy for Leicester City who were up against a lethargic, uninspired and listless looking Newcastle side who had no confidence, and John Carver was supposed to have prepared the side for this crucial game.

What was he doing last week?

It was 2-0 at half time as Leicester were simply cruising, and then just two minutes into the second half when a corner came in, it was Riviere who pushed Wasilewski and it was an obvious  penalty.

Leonardo Ulloa made no mistake from the penalty spot to give Leicester City a 3-0 lead, and all three goals rally came from set plays – including the penalty.

Newcastle were putting in one of their worst performances for a long time in what was supposed to be a very important game.

And then Williamson was sent off after picking up his second yellow card, and later Daryl Janmaat was sent off for a second yellow and Newcastle were down to 9 men.

This was one of the most shameful and undisciplined performance from a Newcastle side in years and years.

We had hoped Carver would have started Siem de Jong at half time to try to get some goals back, but to bring him on when the game’s over at 3-0 was less than good.

We should have given him maybe a 10 minute run-out and keep him for the last three games which will be crucial – but this game was crucial and now Leicester are one point behind us with a much better goal difference.

Leicester thoroughly deserved the win and they have now won five of their last six games and gained 15 points on Newcastle in just four weeks.

There’s not doubt that John Carver and Steve Stone are completely out of their depth at this level and it doesn’t look like we will get another point this season.

We’ve been the worst performing side in the league over the last three months or so – and in reality we deserve to be relegated because of that – especially when our players are dispirited, disheartened and seem to have just given up.

Newcastle United have become a shambles this year – John Carver should not be allowed to continue and take Newcastle down and our goal difference is now -24 – the second worst in the league so that will not save us if we are tied on points with any club.

It was -6 when John Carver took over.

But those responsible for the collapse of any organization are those at the top with Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley, and they continue to hide after their ridiculous dealings in January.

Other sides in relegation trouble are fighting for their lives and the fans are right behind them – and they deserve to stay up – Newcastle don’t.

It’s as simple as that.

And John Carver cannot turn this thing around in the last three games, because he’s become part of the problem, and the players have probably stopped listening to him.

If Newcastle want to attempt to save themselves by getting a win,  they should bring in an experienced coach quickly this week – but it may be all too late now.

And we may still hear nothing from the two who have engineered this collapse – Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley.

It’s shameful what they have done and this is a shameful day in the history of Newcastle United.

• MrMojoRisin76

May 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM

This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    This is the end
    My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
    Of everything that stands, the end
    No safety or surprise, the end
    I’ll never look into your eyes…again

Can you picture what will be
    So limitless and free
    Desperately in need…of some…stranger’s hand
    In a…desperate land

• Belfast

May 2, 2015 at 2:44 PM

What a shambles, if he’s any respect for himself he’d throw in the towel.

• the broons

May 2, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Well I was foolish enough to say that I think we would get atleast 3 points from somewhere, after seeing that?..

NOT A CHANCE, us fans just got to sit and hope that the rest of the teams don’t gain over 34 points- even if they hit 35 (joint with us) they will still overtake us cos of our now awful goal difference. Depressing times indeed.

• toon kk

May 2, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Travelling fans should get there money back. Disgrace.

• Bring back kinnear

May 2, 2015 at 2:47 PM

The only solution to this would be relegation. Its the closest we came to ashley selling and it’s the only way we get him out now.

• the broons

May 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Belfast

Why do you along with all other toon fans say that? HE ISN’T GOING ANYWHERE! get used to it, I have.

• Ciaran

May 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Mojo

Maybe Jim Morrison was actually talking about this shambles of a football club! :p

• toonking

May 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM

even if carver did leave, we’d get just as bad person coming in , charnley maybe?

just forget about this manager issue, act like blackpool and protest against this owner, boycott or pitch invade, even opposition team now scream against that fat git

• banjax

May 2, 2015 at 2:49 PM

What a shambles. Gutless. Clueless. Need to start hiring the bricklayers to build the defensive wall – fast. Next the dustbins to line it !

• catchy in norway

May 2, 2015 at 2:49 PM

with a bit of luck , Steve Mac will come in and turn things around , plain to see the players do not like charver

• nut meg

May 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM

IMO both players deliberately got themselves sent off………they’ve had enough for this season & probably enough of this stupid club!

• dave 1961

May 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM

And now, the end is near;
    And so I face the final curtain.
    My friend, I’ll say it clear,
    I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain.

I’ve lived a life that’s full.
    I’ve traveled each and every highway;
    And more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
    But then again, too few to mention.
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
    Each careful step along the byway,
    And more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew.
    But through it all, when there was doubt,
    I ate it up and spit it out.
    I faced it all and I stood tall;
    And did it my way.

I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried.
    I’ve had my fill; my share of losing.
    And now, as tears subside,
    I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
    And may I say – not in a shy way,
    “Oh no, oh no not me,
    I did it my way”.

For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then he has naught.
    To say the things he truly feels;
    And not the words of one who kneels.
    The record shows I took the blows –
    And did it my way!

Yes, it was my way.

• Belfast

May 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Yep I’m becoming less confident after every game. The performance gets more pathetic every week.

• WWSBRD

May 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM

No words to describe how furious I am at that
    Worst fing NUFC I can remember, top to bottom shambolic

• catchy in norway

May 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM

pitch invasion , will cost the club money , hmmm there is a thought

• Grafton83

May 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM

oh ffs, ffs, fffs.
    What a god awful mess, a total turd of a team and derranged incapable manager and a pig headed donkey of an owner. I’m just going to spend a few hours wearing out my carpet swearing at anyone and everyone who comes near me.

FFS man, arghhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Bring back kinnear

May 2, 2015 at 2:51 PM

People are not going to stop turning up to games, not in big enough numbers for it to hurt ashley. I hate to say it but I would rather we were championship and had a board etc that wanted the best for the club and not just for their pocket.

• optimistic prime

May 2, 2015 at 2:51 PM

John Carver is……….

• toonking

May 2, 2015 at 2:51 PM

I probaly have more chance of winning WPT, but might as well say it, plane going over liverpool “rodgers out rafa in” so another possible manager to come in

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2015 at 2:51 PM

We are so lucky that sunderland are worse than us. Oh wait……No seriously we are safe but Carver either has to walk or be sacked instantly. He is basically unemployable.

ABYSMAL, ATROCIOUS, DISGRACE

Carver has bred truly awful indiscipline in to the team hence the red catds. His delusional rants make AP with his ”science was against us” look almost sane!

Can someone tell me what employing Dave Watson, along with Stone and Woodman brings to the party either.

• Belfast

May 2, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Hope broons hope!

• Newcastle for alltid

May 2, 2015 at 2:52 PM

I was always wondering why Pardew never turned to his coaches for help in tough times. Over time it became clear to me that Pardew got absolutely no help from them, since they actually were below even him in footballing knowledge. Now that Carver reigns, he proves that was correct. Pardew was actually the brightest mind in the staff the whole time along. Oh the irony. They`re a waste of space, and this whole football-club needs to replace just about everything, from owner to deluded p*ss players. It won`t happen, though.

• usmagpie

May 2, 2015 at 2:53 PM

What the flying fcuk, If Mike Ashley has any balls he will get Carver and fire him immediate. He has no clue, no ideas, no brains, no sense, and thinks he will be manager next week. Mike no offence but is this guy out of his fcuking mind. Please for the love of money as it motivates you more than anything, you love the money, you love the money. For that one reason as it will not be for the die hard fans get someone to save your money, yes it mean getting the club to stay in the premiership and Mike we all know that you will make more money. Screw the fans think of the money you will make, yes screw us we are only people that bleed black and white so go love that money Mike, go love that money.

• Belfast

May 2, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Dummett should have been of too. No discipline at all.

• lochinvar

May 2, 2015 at 2:54 PM

All hope abandon ye who enter here.

• Ron Knee

May 2, 2015 at 2:54 PM

What are the chances of Charnley getting the boot from Fatso?

• theartfuldodger

May 2, 2015 at 2:55 PM

If we stay up somehow this season, we will go down next.
    The atmosphere in and out of the club is too toxic.
    Average manager, average investment will not alleviate the mood.

Cant see a top manager coming in. Cant see Ashley breaking the bank spending 60m on a new squad. Perhaps its best we go down and hope that Ashley goes.

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2015 at 2:55 PM

catchy

just don’t get the love in with mclaren. He disastrously played long ball to crouch when england manager and stuffed up at Wolfsburg, 2nd time at twente and now at derby.

• Munster Mag

May 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Rotunda i dont think sunderland are worse than us. Over the full season they will be judged to be better starting with 3 points today. We gave them 6 points and we will go down. I predicted this weeks ago and every single thing i have said is accurate except for my leicester v chelsea prediction. I put money on us to go down sadly. But will pick up decent cash to help fund the alcohol.

• optimistic prime

May 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Anyone fancy a whip round to pay Carvers contract up?

I reckon £600 should cover the last 6 years if it.

• manxpie

May 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM

We need someone new, Somethin’ new, Somethin’ else to get us through
    Better bring your gun, Better bring your gun

jim certainly new something lol

• JamesToon

May 2, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Every single person on this list needs to leave NUFC in the summer:
    Mike Ashley
    Yoan Gouffran
    Papiss Cisse
    Emmanuel Riviere
    Facundo Ferreyra

• JamesToon

May 2, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Whats our lord saviour Steve McClaren done today then? Oh yeah thats right, got beat 3-0 at home by reading and finished 8th in the championship, oh yeah thats exactly what we need

• Grafton83

May 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Come on Southampton, all I have left is supporting whoever is playing Sunderland.

I’m of the opinion that anything can happen on the last day of the season so unless we are actually safe on that day there’s every chance that the we’re safe crown will look like right twats. We’re not safe, this is just like last time when everyone thought we were too big to go down. We need more points, it’s too fckin risky to stay on 35 with a shite goal difference

• c-dog

May 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Are R. Taylor, Jonas, Williamson & Riviere good enough for the Championship? We are an utter joke. Laughing stock of English football.

• Grafton83

May 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM

crowd*

• theartfuldodger

May 2, 2015 at 3:01 PM

For Carver to be replaced, Ashley has to watch a complete game. Else he will hope that we nick a goal against QPR etc. We don’t look like winning there either.

Having said that its too late to make any changes at all now. No one can stop this sinking ship….No one inside the club that is. Its up to the other sides.
    Frankly speaking, for all the risks we have taken in terms of managerial appointments and player replacements…or at times no replacement..and penny pinching…we pretty much deserve what we are getting.

And lastly for people saying that Pardew admitted the squad was good enough last summer, I am sure he/Carver had a right to change their mind in Jan.

• Ron Knee

May 2, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Grafton
    It could be the ultimate revenge for Fat Sam.

• Grafton83

May 2, 2015 at 3:02 PM

For me Colo is the first one I want to kick out the door, everytime he plays we let in 3 and his mind has been in argentina for the last 2 years.

• tequilamag

May 2, 2015 at 3:02 PM

The biggest howls of outrage today are from the same posters who were dancing on air when Pardew had had enough of the crap that goes with managing Newcastle.