McClaren Doesn’t Want Newcastle Job – Says NO


Newcastle have turned out to be an absolute joke this year, and everybody in the Premier League is having a real good laugh at us, so it’s not too surprising that Steve McClaren has refused to come in for the last three games of the season – given all the nonsense that’s been going on.

john carver Swansea

John Carver has poisoned Newcastle with his nonsense

There were some discreet moves made yesterday to see if Steve would come into what’s looking like a completely hopeless situation at the club, but he made the right decision and said no thanks.

Given that we have even more players suspended from Saturday – Williamson and Janmaat – and Coloccini and Krul were fighting on the bus it’s obvious to everybody that the squad is in no way ready to gift a relegation battle.

The team spirit is simply non-existent and most just want to get to May 24th and get out of Toon.

That’s what happens at a club when there’s no leadership from top to bottom – all hell breaks loose.

We saw that on Saturday when John Carver talked his usual bravado before the game at Leicester and then we were 2-0 down after 17 minutes and we were completely hammered by a side that were 4 points below us.

And that’s thanks to the pitiful leadership abilities of a certain John Carver – and when he’s interviewed he talks about himself – I’m brave – I’m no shirker – I’ll fight to the end – if my players were as brave as me we wouldn’t be in trouble.

So you can see coaching John Carver sees the job as all being about himself – no wonder the players won’t listen to him.

What complete and utter nonsense and who would want to play for a guy like that?

He’s an embarrassment to Newcastle.

We were hoping somebody would have been announced by now but the incompetence at Newcastle continues – and which top coach would touch Newcastle  in the state we are in now?

Nobody who’s sane – that’s for sure.

I’m afraid it’s all too late and we’re dead in the water.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

34 comments so far

  • Belfast

    May 4, 2015 at 12:54 PM

    Comment #1

    Don’t blame him to be honest.

    So what now ?

    0
  • Ibizatoon

    May 4, 2015 at 12:55 PM

    Comment #2

    Quick, get Joe on the phone!

    0
  • G

    May 4, 2015 at 12:55 PM

    Comment #3

    Says it all, joke of a club under the present regime

    0
  • EllaGuru

    May 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM

    Comment #4

    I don’t see any quotation here Ed. Is this an official rejection, or just from the grapevine?

    0
  • Belfast

    May 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM

    Comment #5

    It’s from Matt Law at the telegraph usually quite reliable

    0
  • BandB

    May 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM

    Comment #6

    Ella,

    If you click the NewsNow button at the top of the page, you will see the story sources. The source is the Telegraph, again without quotations, and it has been picked up by ITV and the Daily Mai so farl.

    0
  • NezzaNUFC

    May 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM

    Comment #7

    Great news this

    0
  • toon kk

    May 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM

    Comment #8

    Give dirty Harry a ring! !!
    He’ll sort us out! !!!!

    0
  • NezzaNUFC

    May 4, 2015 at 1:02 PM

    Comment #9

    Come on Paco get your passport ready soon.

    0
  • beermonkey

    May 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM

    Comment #10

    should have gotten some1 in when we were 9th and when pards left we wernt exactly the most creditable outfit there would have been some takers

    any idiot could see we were short at the back so we sell 2defenders and bring no1 in the players and management decided it was holiday time
    here we are now that a man that was top of his division a couple of months ago and fails to get into the play offs wont come to us

    I feel so proud of our balance sheets

    0
  • chasing_rabbits

    May 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM

    Comment #11

    de Jong as player/manager. The players will get behind him, I’d be almost certain he could get them motivated, no guarantee of results but we just need someone to drastically change the players attitudes at the minute, and it’s clear nobody is going to touch us. Carver can bring the half time oranges. Just get him out of the dressing room.

    0
  • Magpie Season

    May 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM

    Comment #12

    Who said Krul & Colo were fighting in the bus?

    These type of things should not be leaked out.

    I hope next week we don’t get a Bowyer Dyer again.

    0
  • NezzaNUFC

    May 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM

    Comment #13

    Don’t worry guys we’ve dodged this bullet

    0
  • Belfast

    May 4, 2015 at 1:09 PM

    Comment #14

    Nezza you want to bring in some spanish bloke who probably can’t speak a word of English and who apparently plays two at the back lol

    Sounds promising……

    0
  • Toon Tang

    May 4, 2015 at 1:09 PM

    Comment #15

    Bet Mashley’s gutted like a fish, he’d already produced and stocked the SD McClaren limited special edition brolly ready for immediate dispatch..

    0
  • Belfast

    May 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM

    Comment #16

    They never ever have a plan b, so we’ll stick with Carver.

    0
  • expatmag

    May 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM

    Comment #17

    Doesnt matter anyway. We are going down anyway. This time, Ashleys gamble has failed.

    0
  • chasing_rabbits

    May 4, 2015 at 1:11 PM

    Comment #18

    Belfast, the irony there is we don’t even have 2 defenders available.

    0
  • Wandering Geordie

    May 4, 2015 at 1:12 PM

    Comment #19

    Charvers new job as lesley’s stunt double in Benidorm

    http://s1084.photobucket.com/

    0
  • EllaGuru

    May 4, 2015 at 1:13 PM

    Comment #20

    thanks BandB and Belfast!

    I have this overriding fear that if McLaren, as he apparently has, rejects us, then we are stuck with Carver and the ever increasing chance of Championship footy next season.

    Of course, I would rather the club brought in a more reputable manager, but at this moment in time beggars cannot be choosers!

    #HWTF #AshleyOut

    0
  • NezzaNUFC

    May 4, 2015 at 1:13 PM

    Comment #21

    Belfast

    If you read up on him he’s the perfect candidate for Newcastle, playing attacking passing style is what we’ve crave and under him this is what he will provide.

    Bring back the entertainment, bring in Paco.

    0
  • nut meg

    May 4, 2015 at 1:13 PM

    Comment #22

    Off topic but hoping Jimmy Greaves makes a full recovery from a stroke…all the best Greavsie.

    0
  • BandB

    May 4, 2015 at 1:14 PM

    Comment #23

    The club is now going to have to assure Carver that it hasn’t just tried to dump him.

    How will any “we are fully behind John and the team to secure our safety” statement they may release look now?

    They have backed themselves into a corner here where they either have to sack him or hope he walks, or convince everyone that they haven’t just tried to replace him and have full trust in him.

    It’s a hard circle to square.

    0
  • widowmagandapoke

    May 4, 2015 at 1:15 PM

    Comment #24

    Curiouser and curiouser. We are all in wonderland. What have this bunch of incompetents done to our club?

    0
  • Ibizatoon

    May 4, 2015 at 1:15 PM

    Comment #25

    Belfast…Do we even have 2 players to play at the back?!?

    0
  • EllaGuru

    May 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM

    Comment #26

    Anyone got Shefki Kuqi’s number?

    0
  • Ibizatoon

    May 4, 2015 at 1:18 PM

    Comment #27

    BandB…Or, they could just do as they always do, and say nothing.

    They wouldn’t do that though, surely? Not with things as they are…

    0
  • BandB

    May 4, 2015 at 1:20 PM

    Comment #28

    Maybe they will try to bring in a short-term replacement with Carver reverting to his coaching role.

    A kind of acting acting head coach.

    0
  • Reyantoon

    May 4, 2015 at 1:21 PM

    Comment #29

    I don’t like McLaren to come either.However, he is the closest we can get at this moment to save us from embarrassment.He needs longer term,atleast 2yr ctt though, not just wishy washy 2 or 3 games!

    0
  • EllaGuru

    May 4, 2015 at 1:21 PM

    Comment #30

    They are looking for the most talented up and coming ventriloquist they can find! As acting acting head coach, he will need to be a bloody good one!

    0
  • Graeme

    May 4, 2015 at 1:24 PM

    Comment #31

    SSN – NUFC to release a Statement at 1330

    0
  • one fine day

    May 4, 2015 at 1:29 PM

    Comment #32

    Did we honestly believe there’d sack carver?
    It’s not going to happen for the same reason par dew would never have been sacked.
    Think back to the grief he was getting did charnley/ Ashley at any stage come out in support of him ? No
    Ash is playing his ” who blinks first game ” again because he will not pay our carvers contract .. It’s just not in the tw@ts nature to pay anyone if he can find a way around it.
    Carver looks like he is on the verge of a breakdown, he is making JFK seem rational ,yet fat boy is simply rubbing his hands knowing without support carver will eventually crack and walk for the sake of his health
    He will still gloating on the fact par dew left and he didn’t have pay off his contract and actually made money on the deal.
    Trouble is he is so caught up in cash he hasn’t realised getting 3 mil for pards without a plan to replace him is about to cost him so much more
    Watched the dispatches show tonight (finally ) and heard a very telling opinion about how ash sports direct see employees .
    Most well run companies see employees as an asset they apparently list employees as a “cost” . I think in that one sentence we have everything we need to know of where we are heading .
    So performance does not matter carver could well be given the job ,Ashley knows fans will make his life hell ,he quits and mike saves a few more pennies .

    0
  • vipgreek

    May 4, 2015 at 2:07 PM

    Comment #33

    Have to come to turn with Reality we are a joke , and the supporters who dont walk out and protest are the reason we are a joke imagine 40,000 fans walking out as soon as the game starts and this is seen on national tv , then have 40,000 + fans screaming, crying out Ashley Out, then next year when we are in the Championship no one buys a seasonal membership everyone that has bought one sends a letter to Newcastle saying that they wont renew until Ashley sells up and leaves . Im dreaming if this is going to happen but only way Newcastle will ever move forward.

    0
  • Sav

    May 4, 2015 at 2:51 PM

    Comment #34

    So even the man Ed and everyone else said would be willing to work within the toxic system in place at NUFC doesn’t want a sniff at it. Word must’ve got out like the whiff from a bone yard just how incompetent and uninterested our regime is.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.