Can This Player Save Newcastle From Relegation?

19 year-old Rolando Aarons will play for the Newcastle U21 side against Blackburn Rovers tonight (7:00 pm), and let’s hope he can come through some playing time without that hamstring of his going again.

Rolando Aarons Liverpool+jYhSVc-t6xWl

Rolando Aarons – returns tonight for U21 side

It could be that if he comes through tonight’s game, then John Carver could even put him on the bench and he could get ten or fifteen minutes on Saturday in the game against West Brom.

We’ve seen before how Rolando can turn a game,  but of course it’s asking an awful lot of a very young player who has not played since November 1st, and it might be totally unrealistic.

But it does seem that Siem de Jong, Rolando Aarons and hopefully Papiss Cisse should be able to play in some of our remaining three games, and of course we need as many back as we can get.

But the problem with the game on Saturday is how we are going to keep the goals out – with Williamson, Janmaat and probably Dummett all unavailable – with Dummett injured again in his first game back.

We should hear an injury report from the under-fire coach John Carver in tomorrow’s press conference, but the two players getting themselves sent off on Saturday at Leicester was simply ludicrous and ridiculous and has put the club in further jeopardy.

Newcastle are certainly up against it in these final three games of the season, and it seems everything that could go wrong has gone wrong – it’s that damned Murphy again.

🙂

But the same thing happened to us six years ago, and it was still a complete shock when we lost 1-0 at Villa Park and took the drop – all we needed was one point in our last two game to stay up – but we lost against Fulham and Villa by 1-0 in both games.

This time will be much more difficult to get back to the PL in our first attempt.

Wonder if John Carver could call in Alan Shearer on Friday to talk to the players to try to inspire them?

It might be worth a try – anything is worth a try when it looks like we are about to be relegated again.

• John Tudor

May 5, 2015 at 1:28 PM

he tripped over his pay packet
    out for remainder

• Toon-Prodigy

May 5, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Ibiza,

Where I sit I completely agree it is not the fans fault with where the club is at. We all know who is to blame for the current situation.

But I think the players need lifted with this current run, they need all the help they can get and I fully expect them to get that this weekend.

There would be nothing wrong with showing Ashley the red card like I say but aslong as they give everything for the players amd do not sit there mute or turn and start booing like last weekend. I hav full faith in the Toon Army this weekend though im expecting it to be quite an event and hopefully come away with the 3 points and some positives.

When Toon fans are needed like they are this weekend I wouldn’t dare doubt them. Were in the sh*t and a noisy full house cheering them on should for me be on the agenda for this game and the next two. If we are safe after these next two games a protest could be arranged for the last game against West Ham.

Premier League safety has to come first for me.
    I’v got to dash lads and lasses. Happy blogging.

• LGFUAD21

May 5, 2015 at 1:30 PM

jay

Moyes is doing ok at Sociedad. Hes got them organised but thats all.

Theres talk that he’ll be fired at the end of the season as the club feel he is under performing. I personalty think he has them where they should be.

I dont think Moyes could do a good job here. We dont have the players to suit his style at all. I genuinely believe Mcclaren would do a better job.

• Ibizatoon

May 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Ibizatoon // May 5, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Hello Toon fans / readers of Ed’s blog,

Are the boycotts and protests a good thing or a bad thing?
    Ed has given his verdict.

He says: “Will we now calm down just a bit and support the side 100% in the last three games, so we can at least stay in the Premier League next season?

Read that quote again. It says: “Stop complaining or you sent us down.”

It’s his blog. It’s his view. But in the past he
    has often used a poll to gauge fan opinion on hot topics. What topic could be hotter than this
    one?

Every week we have asked people to post HWTF to show where they stand. This week, instead of HWTF, we’re asking you to post the following in a single box:

“Give us a poll Ed”

We want a poll. Do you support the Ashley Out campaign? Yes or No.

Let’s hear what the fans think. Isn’t that what the blog is all about?
    It says so in the mission statement home page.

Howay the fans.

#HWTFNUFC

• Lindisfarne

May 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Is Dummett injured then?

• jayphoto

May 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM

the La Liga table doesn’t suggest he’s doing all that great? 11th joint with Paco Jemez Vallecano (who have a 10th of the budget)
    Negative goal difference! Sociedad are a big club in spain and shouldn’t be floating around vallecano and below espanyol, celta vigo etc
    Just read a few reports from Spanish based journos saying Moyes has actually really underachieved with the squad he has and its thought that the sociedad board would be happy to receive compensation for him if he leaves for england

• Ibizatoon

May 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Toon Prodigy…Thanks for the post, I too am heading out for a bit.

Will get back you later.

You too Harley! 🙂

HWTF!

Give us a poll ed!

• optimistic prime

May 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM

IMO a new head coach in place would have been more benificial to the team than a cpl thousand spectators rumblings would ever be.

Damn those pesky fans for not hiring a HC

• LGFUAD21

May 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Munster

Why the hate on Garde over his sabbatical.

He wanted a rest to spend time with his family (who’s to say he hadnt promised his wife a year off – ergo couldnt go back on that promise an take a job he wasnt even offered).

Secondly – Many managers wouldnt want to take over a team mid season where they arent fully able to do their job.

It’s always a risk to your rep and I bet a lot of managers know this.

• Whumpie

May 5, 2015 at 1:33 PM

Missing the point, Ed!
    To focus on staying up is to cometely fail to grasp what Ashley is all about.
    Simple question 1: what do you want NUFC to be like in 5 years’ time?
    Simple question 2: Do you honestly think that will happen while Ashley owns the club?
    Simple question 3: If we stay up, why would he sell?
    If maintaining the status quo doesn’t get what you want, change it. Don’t help to keep things the same.

Relegation is not the end of a football club. Ashley is. Put your short-term pride aside and do what it takes to save the club from a fate far worse than another season in the Championship.

• scout

May 5, 2015 at 1:34 PM

If we stay up whats gonna change? Nothing.
    Same old crap next season paper thin squad, no cup run, 10th place target.
    I’ve seen enough, its finished.

• John Tudor

May 5, 2015 at 1:34 PM

we will get no-one of note
    we will go down
    so who care if we dont get back up
    serial doylem does not

• Whumpie

May 5, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I’d give my eye teeth for this club to follow Southampton or Bournemouth – implode, collapse and plummet to then be reborn better, stronger and back to being a football club. Couldn’t give a stuff which league we’re in next season; that’s nitshit.

• sweendog

May 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM

toon prodigy, agreed, get behind the team as they are our team. players need to realise to play for us not for carver or Ashley and we’ll be behind them 100%. I think we’ll win if we play 451. get Abeid in there beside Colback. Armstrong upfront, and Perez out left supporting as he has great movement.

• LGFUAD21

May 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM

jayphoto

Their squad is very overrated in the spanish media.

Carlos Vela (has a decent record in Spain) but given that he is one of their “star” players should say it. Not a bad squad but the Spanish media and fans seems to be over-expecting from them given the size of the club.

Alfreð Finnbogason came with a lot of promise but has failed to live up to it.

I didnt say Moyes was doing a great job. I said he was doing an alright job. I said before – I’d take Mcclaren over Moyes.

• optimistic prime

May 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Ed must work for Ashley

All these articles on transfer targets potential managers etc are so far away from what’s on every supporters minds.

Relegation and a club in crisis.

I’d prefer if the articles where a bit more real world, on the ground articles so to speak.

All this tosh being written just make us look foolish with our heads in the sand, Htf do you plan for signings and a HC when we don’t even know what league were in. Pointless articles IMO.

Ashley out, preferably dragged by his ears.

• John Tudor

May 5, 2015 at 1:37 PM

and certainly not with my cash

• scout

May 5, 2015 at 1:38 PM

I got to see some great days at St James Park. Why anyone would want to sit through the so called football they serve up now.
    I cant even remember the last time someone had a lung busting run down the wing and crossed a ball.

• LGFUAD21

May 5, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Whumpie

Bournemouth is a great fairytale but I fear its reached its pinnacle.

I cant see them staying up simply because they will be in Burnley’s situation (play nice football but just dont have the muscle to bring the right quality in).

Southampton on the other hand are a leading light.

As are Swansea IMHO. They’ve built that club from nothing so for them to be mid table playing some nice stuff is a huge achievement.

• jayphoto

May 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM

@ LGFUAD21 cheers – not seen them play in 2015.
    Either way think hes off to west ham but hes got some talented players at RSFC and by reports hes not excelling with them though it does take a season or 2 to mould a club I suppose

• John Tudor

May 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM

anyone on here went to chillingham rd jnrs in 69/70 after fairs cup win?

• LGFUAD21

May 5, 2015 at 1:40 PM

scout

Can you remember the last time we actually played good football on a semi-regular basis?

We’ve had the odd cracker but we’ve hardly been a decent football side since SBR.

Unfortunately it’ll stay that way with the way Ashley runs this club.

• jayphoto

May 5, 2015 at 1:40 PM

@LGFUAD21 sorry mate didn’t mean you said they were great! I replied before I saw you had replied yourself!

• sweendog

May 5, 2015 at 1:41 PM

would love paco Jamez for the toon, only positive is its definitely not carver or that Derby exit. also talk of mitrovic, if we stay up.

• LGFUAD21

May 5, 2015 at 1:41 PM

jayphoto

Personally I’ve always thought Moyes was not suited to the Spanish league. I think he’d do well in Germany though given everything i’ve heard/read about his managerial style and what he wants from his teams.

It speaks volumes that his biggest achievements in Spain have been when he’s grinded out 1-0s against way better teams.

• Lindisfarne

May 5, 2015 at 1:43 PM

jayphoto

Thought it was suspicious that a return for Moyes to the UK was being mentioned regularly. I would hope we approach Sean Dyche but Charnley is quaking at the thought of it.

• LGFUAD21

May 5, 2015 at 1:43 PM

sweendog

Personally I think he’s being hyped up.

Would rather a Sean Dyche over Jemez. I think some people (not necessarily yourself) are over-hyping Jemez because he is foreign.

A bit of panache would be nice but you have to get the balance between being effective and stylish. I genuinely believe Dyche could do that if he was given better players to work with.

• scout

May 5, 2015 at 1:44 PM

We have had some top strikers in remy and ba. They scored goals to paint over the cracks.

• Pokat

May 5, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I saw a theory a couple of posts ago that Ashley doesn’t care if we get relegated where that idea popped up from I don’t know! Sportsy D group revenue for a year about £2.5 billion, advertising budget say 8% of that means an awful lot of moolah on leaflets, online ads, cheesy tv ads, but biggest chunk of all the panoramic ads that are beamed the world over for a couple of hours a fortnight, plus repeats. Say if he’s saving SD 4-5% revenue by free advertising at nufc that’s a lot to lose going down to the championship. Ashleys no fool I can’t see him living with another drop unless he’s had more than his value out of the club and only wants to sell for his loan money. Just my tiny pea brained thoughts lol

• JP...from The Rock

May 5, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Moyes next manager… keep dreaming Ed! Even though a year ago we were all saying he wasn’t good enough for us.

We would be overjoyed if he became our next manager.

This just shows how low we’ve gone under this regime. And we’re going even lower to the Championship!!

We are a ‘has been’ club and even then we never won anything. Now we can only dream of getting somewhere and playing decent football. Instead we keep breaking all the wrong records.

Aarons now to be our saviour! A 19 year old kid that’s just got back from a long time injured. No pressure on the kid ey!! geeeezzz this just get’s even more embarrassing.

This club is so depressing it’s affecting my health.

• Reyantoon

May 5, 2015 at 1:46 PM

So we have no center back for the next game?I’d put Jonas alongside coloccini at the back than Rtaylor.Both are poor in the air but Jonas at least has some physical strength,pace and battling ego than Rtaylor.The wba game will be our last chance to stay in the premiere league imo.Fans should get behind the team and roar as much as they can,especially when we possess the ball.The atmosphere should be like electric. Roaring and loud voices certainly will make a difference.No fan in this world wishes his team to go down because of something else.Who knows,they may surprise us by hammering westbrom. HWTL!!

• jayphoto

May 5, 2015 at 1:48 PM

@LGFUAD21 Dyche be interesting! Doubt we’ll get anyone that plays an expansive game though. Ironically if he hadn’t have sacked Allardyce when he still wanted the club to succeed I would expect Ashley to hire Allardyce this summer, glad that’s not possible!
    One for me that might be interesting is Brendan Rodgers! Theres whispers that LFC might bring in Klopp and I doubt Rodgers is at a stage where he fancies an extended spell out the game

• jayphoto

May 5, 2015 at 1:49 PM

sorry @lindisfarne lol not LGFUAD21

• Reyantoon

May 5, 2015 at 1:51 PM

• jayphoto

May 5, 2015 at 1:52 PM

load of Media outlets claiming we’ve had a 15m bid accepted for Mitrovic….
    Be typical of this club! The one time they shouldn’t be thinking about transfers and they do! Far more important things to negotiate… like a manager!

• Rotonda heights

May 5, 2015 at 1:52 PM

ed

from previous. what is so great about Moyes. Dour personality to reflect dour football. didn’t we get this with dalglish already. I would love this Paco Jemez, now that would be fun to watch.

See bishop is in full swing. 15m agreed for Mitrovic, yeah right, playing for carver in the championship.

• JP...from The Rock

May 5, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Apparantly we’re after Europes best! LOL!! check this £15M signing we have just agreed on! What bollocks!

I smell bullshit…season tickets up for grabs ey lads! I’ll believe it when I see him in a Black n White shirt. This will never happen and who will want to sign for this miserable club anyway. Thanks Ashley for ripping the soul from the club!!

• bettyswallocks

May 5, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Ed

I can’t agree that the cause of our slide down the league has been caused by fan protests.

Neither do I think at this pivotal time, that the fans in the ground will jeopardise our chances of avoiding relegation.

I believe that an instinctive display of loyalty which has been abused almost beyond repair by Ashley and his disregard to all fans will re appear in the form of support for the team.

The dilemma is : We need Ashley out a.s.a.p. as the trust and hope for the future, has now gone forever and has been replaced by a horrible cynicism.

I don’t believe any of us really want relegation as this will make it harder to find a new owner.

Like I said the fans will react in the best way for the team, but if we lose again then I think you will see a real protest. HWTF

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

May 5, 2015 at 1:55 PM

WHO ARE THE BACK 4 for sat????