Poll – Can Newcastle Stop The Rot Against West Brom?

There’s three vital games left to the season for the season, and our poll on whether we will be relegated is very close with 53% of readers thinking we will take the drop, and that poll was issued before our defeat at Leicester on Saturday – but it looks like one win in the last three games can still save us, and there’s a chance at home to West Brom on Saturday.

john carver Swansea

John Carver – hopefully he can get one win to save us?

Here’s that poll on relegation.

Will Newcastle Be Relegated This Season?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

As in all our polls there is one vote per reader so we get a fair representations of fans’ views.

Let’s know how you think we will fare on Saturday against WBA.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against West Brom?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

For the record it seems like Sunderland, Hull, Leicester, Newcastle and Aston Villa are fighting not to finish 3rd bottom above Burnley and QPR – and one of those clubs will go down.

• Pokat

May 6, 2015 at 8:04 AM

Qpr is our best hope for three points, a draw against wba would be triffic just triffic ha ha

• Rotonda heights

May 6, 2015 at 8:05 AM

I was very happy when linked with the likes of Paco Jemez, Garde, FDB etc, but desperately underwhelmed by McLaren and Moyes. If you have to go go British then it has to be Howe or Clement.

It comes to something when even McLaren rejects us though

• sing in the corner

May 6, 2015 at 8:05 AM

The last thing we want is to continue to bicker among ourselves at this point. However I’m struggling to get my head round some posters on this blog digesting the Colo letter and taking it as read. Taking the PR machine lurching into operation as genuine recognition of the root of the problems. I will have NONE of it. All trust is gone and this is a fight to the end as far as I’m concerned. If we do go down its NOTHING to do with the protests and everything to do with mismanagement, under investment and disdain for the club and its fans. If we stay up Ashley goes on his hols hoping its all gonna quieten down for the summer and we resume the slow death next spring. I honestly believe this. So I await Ashleyout.com news about another show of opposition this weekend…I will be there.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Once again, I am not ‘reigniting’ boycotts. If you read my post at 25, I say to fully support the team, protests can be done pre game and post game. I say not to boycott, as I have said on numerous occasions sustained boycotts won’t work. I say roar the team on, and I say I am fully supportive of this, but that is no reason to ease up, or release the pressure on those upstairs.

I honestly don’t understand why people have such difficulty understanding that supporting and protesting have to be mutually exclusive. Both can be incorporated into a strategy and form of protest. I have been saying this for a long time now.

What about my other post then? Why don’t the club make a gesture of goodwill towards the fans? Refunds for the shambolic recent away performances refunds on tickets for the remaining matches, free refreshments for fans from 45 minutes before the game until the game finishes. Why not cover up SD boards with messages of support for those on field and the fans.

Why should it always be the fans that give back? This is a two way street. The club should be offering the fans something in return for their support. It certainly hasn’t been the football recently. Why don’t they put up and give something as well? Is that really all that difficult?

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 6, 2015 at 8:10 AM

*don’t have to be mutually exclusive

• Obertan's better than Messi

May 6, 2015 at 8:12 AM

Roar the team on …

It’s Ashley’s team.
    I hope they get hammered.

• Rotonda heights

May 6, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Santon03 // May 6, 2015 at 5:21 AM

Please please please!
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

You’re psychic!!!!

• scout

May 6, 2015 at 8:14 AM

A SD Scalf and little paper hat will be each seat.

• Toondulkar

May 6, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Anything can happen at Newcastle.When it seems that we would not get a point in our last three game,i think that just one moment of inspiration,one big luck and 1 mistake from opposition is enough to secure our safety.Lets think positive.Once We our safe,Lets boycott like never before.I cant imagine a year without newcastle in Epl.Ashley will never learn a lesson.He has to go out from our club.He will and we will protest.But till than we have to make sure that our team remains in the top flight..HTL

• Obertan's better than Messi

May 6, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Half not match fit and all complete strangers to each other.
    A bench full of people the club let go out of contract.

My only guess will be huge bonuses.
    If Ameobi, Jonas and Raylor play they’ll be on huge win bonuses otherwise they are liabilities.

Why else would this team play? Money!

• EllaGuru

May 6, 2015 at 8:44 AM

I think we need a meaningful poll, Ed!