Carver – I’m The Best Coach In The Premier League – Video

Here is John Carver – who gives himself a great reference and recommendation in every press conference he gives – and today – who wants Jose Mourinho at Newcastle – when we’ve already have John Carver – who’s the best coach in the Premier League.

Well that’s according to John.

Two questions

1. When was the last time Jose Mourinho lost eight games in a row?
  2. Will John be Manager of the Season?

Also please vote below, as we try to ascertain how many fans want to continue the boycotts and protests against Mike Ashley over the last three games of the season, when we are still in very grave danger of being relegated.

Should Protests Against Mike Ashley Continue?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Belfast

May 7, 2015 at 10:28 PM

He meant best coach in his own house.

• Graeme

May 7, 2015 at 10:31 PM

The only way he will be a coach is knock his teeth out and fit 52 seats in his gob!!!!!

• toon22

May 7, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Thought the story about the striker link the other day was the biggest load of bollocks id heard in years untill this.

This is on a whole new level of bollocks.

MA OOOUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• toon22

May 7, 2015 at 10:36 PM

The picture on the right with Sir Bobby Robson is the last time we had a football club.

Note the lack of tatty adverts.

• Transfer Sage

May 7, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Like I said earlier….the man is deluded. Why say this.

I could accept him saying he was capable of doing the job and backed himself to keep us up, but surely not to say he is the best coach in the league.

He sounds like he genuinely believes this too, being this deluded surely means you don’t see any mistakes or ways to improve.

• toon22

May 7, 2015 at 10:39 PM

How about when he says it must hurt them?

He is saying he doesnt know and asumes they think like he does.

We are donald ducked as the teams we now face can see just how bad it is right from the horses mouth,literally.

• Transfer Sage

May 7, 2015 at 10:40 PM

It must be hard for Carver though…as he tells us, he is a fan.

I’m sure some here, in fact plenty, would take on the role and try to succeed even if not good enough, we all would want a crack at that job.

Just feel the man is out of his depth, he’s have been mad to not take the job but the top brass shouldn’t have put him in the position and certainly should have done more to help him in January, even just a few loans.

• optimistic prime

May 7, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Transfer

I hate to give JC a excuse.

In the radio earlier a couple of people said they thought he’d said it to take the focus of the players.

I’m not sure if carver is clever enough to do that but it is working.

• BoyDoneGood

May 7, 2015 at 10:41 PM

He’s an appalling coach – pity we had to get in this state to find out. Also, why does he always talk about himself instead of football? Come the summer he needs to take the compo and open a chip shop or manage a pub. That’s good advice.

• toon22

May 7, 2015 at 10:44 PM

It simply shows whats left behind the last manager,as utterly hopeless as he was.

It seems like there is nothing at all,which dont say much about our club.

• Munster Mag

May 7, 2015 at 10:44 PM

In his defence ( bear with me ! ) he is trying to say that he believes he is a good coach and has self belief and confidence . Problem is this doesnt tally with reality.

1. He is too inarticulate to word it correctly
    2. He is deluded
    3. Every news conference throws up more nonsense from him. The journos most adore him.

I have never come across the likes of John Carver, and we will never half another like him. Maybe we should enjoy it !!

• Transfer Sage

May 7, 2015 at 10:45 PM

OP

If he has done then fair enough, but he blasted the players after the game so there is a good chance it might be to try and counter that.

boydonegood

In fairness mourinho talks about himself a lot as well, but I agree, his coaching is very poor.

• Belfast

May 7, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Yep he definitely believes it. He probably also believes the poor from is down to injuries and suspensions and has absolutely nothing to do with his tactics, team selections, or coaching ability.

• toon22

May 7, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Take a look at the Sir BR picture in this thread and ask yourself.

Would Sir BR have put up with MA?

• Ibizatoon

May 7, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Ed…Thank you for “giving us a poll”. It may seem silly to some, but a lot of people really appreciate it.

Well done to everyone that made it happen.

HWTF!

• Transfer Sage

May 7, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Ibiza

I prefer the pole on the chronicle, more options and a wider range of opinions I think….but always good to have more info.

• toon22

May 7, 2015 at 10:47 PM

How long has it been since ?

“It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.”

• toon22

May 7, 2015 at 10:48 PM

MA dont understand and obviously dont care.

MA OOOOUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Belfast

May 7, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Should have asked him about his tactics last week, and match of the days analysis of them.

Steve Stones fault no doubt lol

• sportsdirect

May 7, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Ed
    On the topic of polls to run. Here’s one for you to consider.
    Is Cairan an obnoxious, self righteous tosser?
    Have a chuckle to yourself while you contemplate putting this one out there. You know you will.
    Cheers

• Ibizatoon

May 7, 2015 at 10:49 PM

TS…Not sure how realiable that poll is to be honest. I’m fairly sure it allows you to vote more than once.

However, we have been reliably informed, that those who voted to back the team, were the true fans of NUFC.

On Carver. I say get JK back in as DOF. Between the two of them, we could hit comedy history.

It’s just a shame it’s at Newcastle, could be really amusing.

• Transfer Sage

May 7, 2015 at 10:50 PM

I would have gone for a win this week if we had williamson and janmaat available as cisse returning is a bonus.

But now our back 4 is decimated we will struggle massively, de jong out too is critical.

• Belfast

May 7, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Me too Transfer sage. This is what happens when you get Jesper to organise a poll.

• optimistic prime

May 7, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Transfer

I’d say fair enough as well.

He makes himself look stupid often enough so it’s hard to decide if it was to take the pressure off or he was trying to look confident.

I think he should have made a public apology to Williamson though, the fact he hasn’t looks like there may still be a rift in the squad.

• Transfer Sage

May 7, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Ibiza

True, but then you get both sides over voting so should balance it out.

I think all fans are true fans myself, no matter what they do they do it because they love the club and think it is the best thing.

• Offkey

May 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Sunderland (south) do get some things right

• Transfer Sage

May 7, 2015 at 10:54 PM

OP

I’m not bothered about williamson, he was daft to get himself sent off, clearly wasn’t thinking and lost the plot which could cost us, janmaat the same.

• Ibizatoon

May 7, 2015 at 10:55 PM

sportsdirect…Would those be 3 seperate options?

Anything NUFC related?

• Munster Mag

May 7, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Actually in hindsight Kinnear would have done a better job. In fact I would take him for three games to get us a point or two because he has humour and would life things. Strange but true.

• optimistic prime

May 7, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Transfer

I see it as a heat of the moment thing and IMO was one of the few who where actually trying whilst others day dreamed around the pitch. Janmaat also.

Stupid sendings off, to me it showed passion and fight and I won’t hold it against them.

There’s others in the squad who’s proffesonalism really does need questioning.

Williamson is shite but he’s always been professional IMO.

I just think it would be the right and best thing to do to get the squad back on side.

• Ibizatoon

May 7, 2015 at 11:03 PM

TS…It’s all a bit daft. Clearly we’re all fans, we wouldn’t be here otherwise (well, one likes to think anyway…). There are all types of fans that sit both sides of the debate.

What I think is becoming more and more clear, is that it is the majority that are unhappy with how the club is being run. That’s a huge step. People aren’t arguing whether there is a problem, it’s how best to fix it.

At last. First steps for progress. Personally, as is known, I think we need to keep going. It’s working. There may well be further hurt before it get’s better, but for me, it’s worth it. I can’t stand this NUFC anymore. So disconnected. Then to have that levelled at us?

They’ve really nailed the final nail in the coffin for me. He could buy Messi this summer and I wouldn’t buy that he’s changed. He’s blown it. I hope he’s gone really soon.

As for Williamson. Simply gutted, this was going to be the game the last 4 years has been working towards – He was going to score from a set piece, and now we may never see it.

• Ibizatoon

May 7, 2015 at 11:06 PM

Munster…No better way to sum up our current situation, than to say it would be good to have Kinnear back….and be serious 🙂

• scottoon

May 7, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Ibiza I must confess I did not see the utility in the poll because I was more concerned about what “next steps” were occurring. BandB has advised that AshleyOut.com has not put much forward this week in terms of an action plan. Fair enough….I suppose there is some lingering question as to whether or not there is merit to continued protests at this point and the split in opinion here is far closer than I imagined it would be.

I voted, and I must confess I felt considerable gratification at doing so. Not as much fun as the Picture your Protest from a few weeks ago, but just like playing a bit part.

Ashley has to go. It will be of his own volition when the time comes, and he may not leave us in much of a state after he clears out his belongings, but anyone who comes in has to have greater aspirations than this waster.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 7, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Yes Belfast…I work in mysterious ways…but fast and efficient!

…it’s the Danish way my friend. We could have solved the conflict that is Northern Ireland in a week 😉

• Munster Mag

May 7, 2015 at 11:13 PM

You can see my point Ibiza? Kinnear would be able to set the team up right get some relaxation bonding and fun in there and get us something. Yes its that bad. The club probably realises now that they need a figurehead even if he is “only” a coach. Also I go back to a point I made months and months ago ….Carr is just not that good. And please, dont just blame him budgets.

• BoyDoneGood

May 7, 2015 at 11:14 PM

OP

I don’t hold it against them – well, not much. I mainly blame Carver’s half time talk, which should have been: “This one’s gone. Don’t chase too hard, no daft injuries or cards, live to fight another day…” But after goal 3 they shouild have known without telling.

• Belfast

May 7, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Hahaha

You’re fired Jesper!

• spitfire_

May 7, 2015 at 11:17 PM

“I’m the best coach In The Premier League”

Yes, you are. Yes you are. Yes man.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 7, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Just see how long it has taken you guys 😉 haha hoho hihi…

…sorry it’s nothing to laugh about 🙁

• spitfire_

May 7, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Ed, give us a poll. “Is Carver the best coach in the Premier League”.