Shameful – Why Newcastle Are No Longer A Real Football Club

We are still trying to get to grips with exactly why John Carver is still the head coach at Newcastle after the meetings last weekend.

That’s after he has lost eight games in a row, argued with fans, argued with players and lost the dressing room – and then said today he thinks he’s the best coach in the Premier League.

Cardiff City v Newcastle United - Premier League

Mike Ashley – 100% behind John Carver

In a proper football club he would have been fired long ago, and the club would have had a better chance of surviving in the Premier League this season.

But Newcastle are no longer a proper football club – we are a world-wide advertising board for owner Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct business.

And what John has going for him is he is in cahoots with the powers that be – mainly Lee Charnley –  and he does and says everything they want him to do and say.

But John has been talking to the Chronicle, and has admitted any other club would have been fired him by now:

“It’s not a normal situation.” “What a normal situation is after six games they would have said: ‘There’s your P45, you’ve lost six in a row, you’re fired’, That’s a normal in the Premier League.”

“But because of all of the circumstances that are going on, that hasn’t happened because they understand my situation.” “That’s why they are backing me because they have seen me working with what I have got.”

“That’s the facts. The amount of people who have said I must have ran out over a black cat is unbelievable.” “Well something’s not right – maybe I am one of these unlucky people, I don’t know.”

“But I’m not going to give up on it, throw the towel in or walk away.” “I’ve not had the conversation with Ashley – but he sent a message through Lee to say: “I am 100% behind John”.

“I have a good relationship with Lee. We are honest and frank and he has been so supportive.” “What do I do? Crawl into a ball and not take the challenge, or fight on for the next three games?

“That’s why all this rubbish about me being fired, resigning or stepping aside, walking away is complete and utter rubbish.” “I had a healthy conversation with Lee Charnley on Sunday and it was needed. I got the backing from Mike Ashley. They never asked me to resign or step aside.”

The Titanic is sinking and John is talking about having a healthy conversation with Lee Charnley – what planet is this guy living on?

All this talk about being fired and resigning is not complete and rubbish either, and John should be fired simply based on his record – which it simply terrible.

John Carver is in the process of taking the club down with the worst collapse ever in Premier League history.

What we don’t have at Newcastle is any accountability from top to bottom, and there will be all hell to pay from the fans if we are relegated.

But it’s not John who will have taken us down (in reality),  but Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley who again have made another horrendous decision of many this year – by keeping John Carver in the job.

Where’s the accountability?

Where’s the sanity?

Did I say it was a disgrace?

• John Tudor

May 8, 2015 at 12:11 AM

obviously the club is being ran into the ground
    ashley gives not a jot
    he has had his money out tenfold and will strip more before his close down act now to get shot of him
    the pl and the fa can kiss my ass

• lochinvar

May 8, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Ashley hasn’t had a conversation with Carver ?
    And sends messages via Charnley ?
    Ffs who’s driving the bus ?
    Remember Woolworths, Ratners and Sports Direct – all with the same level of product quality and slick management.
    Exception of “pick n mix” at Woolies I quite liked that and the kids did as well.

• Graeme

May 8, 2015 at 12:13 AM

If the Ashley gamble goes sour and we end up being relegated, the fans carry NO resposibility whatsoever.

Every decision leading to this situation has been made by Mike Ashley, even though one off his minions may have announced it.

The man (I think) has absolutely no idea of how a football club functions and survives – I doubt he even cares.

Mike Ashley is only interested in lining his own pocket; He has no interest in the “well being” of the sporting aspect of the football club. His sole interests are advertising his shite direct and making the maximum benefit for himself, via Mash Holdings.

The man is an arsehole of the first water!!

• Belfast

May 8, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Yep all down injuries, suspensions, circumstances, and the situation.

Nowt to do with me.

You keep your job John because the md is an incompetent novice who used to be the post boy. Doesn’t have a scooby what he’s doing. You’d be out the door if he did.

• optimistic prime

May 8, 2015 at 12:16 AM

Reading that it looks to me he’s nailed on oermanent head coach next year.

• lochinvar

May 8, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Only hope is that Ashley running the club into the ground and having Carver as a cheap asset any new owner can write off makes the club more saleable to investor who wants to clear the decks and build again .

• lochinvar

May 8, 2015 at 12:33 AM

King Ashley ” take me to the beach on my throne ”
    Carver ” but sir ye tide becoming in ”
    King Ashley ” be off with you knave , such nonsense”
    Charnley ” but sir the knave be right we are awash in shitey ”
    King Ashley ” have no fear , Sports Direct is here ”
    All : ” glug’, glug’, glug”

And the morale of the story , don’t sit on your fat backside while the shitey is coming in or you drown in it and history recalls you as being a useless waste of space.

• Thump

May 8, 2015 at 1:19 AM

I voted Carver for PM – did you?

• headtheball

May 8, 2015 at 1:34 AM

My better half used to love this as a child

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
    And no one can talk to a horse of course
    That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Dr. Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse
    He’ll give you the answer that you’ll endorse.
    He’s always on a steady course.
    Talk to Dr. Ed.

Thanks for the polls Dr. Ed

• lesh

May 8, 2015 at 1:34 AM

Carver being HC next year wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

They’re all, all thee of those mentioned, including JC himself, are stark staring mad.

However, support the team and protest as there’s no tomorrow after the game.

• lesh

May 8, 2015 at 1:37 AM

Christ you’re showing your age.

Your better half as you term it, is surely too young to remembered Mr Ed.

• headtheball

May 8, 2015 at 1:45 AM

We’re just two spring chickens who have seen all this many times before. However, never as bad as this. Old Mikey could teach Thatcher a thing or three!

• gazzaforever

May 8, 2015 at 1:46 AM

This incompetent muppet still think that it s all about him and his force and bravery. He s nuts and clueless.

• Sav

May 8, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Not content with relegating the team, JC is making us the laughing stock of the Premiership. The more he denies there’s any problems, the bigger they become.
    If he has the tools, he says, he can do the job. Why the hell only admit that now? Instead our hopes went away along with the Xmas decorations. Carver is probably the bluntest tool in the Premiership and he is working for the biggest.

• jimmysmith

May 8, 2015 at 2:02 AM

Take out the unfortunate sentence, which of course looks so much worse taken in isolation, which everyone media and reader alike immediately latch on to, and it was all pretty much as you’d expect. He can hardly do anything other than present a positive front and he has undeniably faced a succession of crippling circumstances. Carver is a big part of the problem, after 8 straight defeats, you’d have to think, but he’s still some distance behind Ashley, Charnley and our rag tag bunch of ne’er do well players.

• Sliema

May 8, 2015 at 2:18 AM

That’s all well and good. But he’s still a cu**

• Online Guy

May 8, 2015 at 2:42 AM

This Just in

I have decided to continue my Boycott

Having just looked back at some decent reasoning from BandB and a few good men fanciful thoughts
    (on reflection) of sounding the war cry against West Brom have abated.

Thought’s of Ridicule and much mirth, around the World, directed toward’s Newcastle United And its Supporters , Our Fans, .and all brought on by the Tenure and mishandling of our club by One Mike Ashley, means that he does not deserve to have our Support ..It has gone on for 7 years and he has had that amount of time to change things for the better ..He has not done that He has walked roughshod over us and remains a first class B’astard.

I withdraw my Support and will not be attending the Match

Ashley out

• Online Guy

May 8, 2015 at 2:48 AM

Iv just read that Carver said that Ashley sent a message via Charnley that he (Ashleyy) was 100% behind him !

Really ..100% ?

Strange when they just offered McClaren the Job for the last 3 games right over Carver’s head ! what a bunch of lying conniving manipulative B’astards we are dealing with .

I was getting a bit emotional about Attending the West Brom Game torn between the feeling of roaring the lads on or continuing my Boycott…

nOt now though ..its better than an Ealing Comedy

They ..Ashley can stick it ..

Sticking with Carver is an outright piss take.

• Online Guy

May 8, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Even Glenn Hoddle would have applied some Science and Law of Averages would have ensued for the last 3 games ..

IT would be noted by the players that an ex England player and Manager would not take any lazyitis, ..more effort and thought would be applied and concentrated , channelled, throughout , resulting in a slight uplifting in positivity and spirit throughout the playing Staff.

Ashley, Charney, Carver, What a F*U*C*K* ing Shower .

I think I’m back to normal Lads

• N1CK06

May 8, 2015 at 4:05 AM

So how many more years is it going to be under Ashley’s ownership until the majority of seats at SJP are left empty?

How long until people are going to keep supporting this business disguised as a football club?

Surely it shouldn’t take more than 8 years for people to realise they are just going out of habit. It’s not the Newcastle United you once knew and loved. The quietened cheering you now hear is no longer coming from the heart, it’s coming from guilt. People cheer the current team on because that’s all they know how to do. If they stop cheering and stop attending do they feel like somehow they are to blame for the poor performance of the club? Are they completely forgetting that their support is not what drives the success of the club but it is the owner who is driving and the supporters are just along for the ride.

Giving your support to Ashley by buying tickets, merchandise, shopping at SD, and being satisfied by just hanging on in the Premier League, etc. All this is helping the team fail to a greater extent than the cheers are helping the team succeed.

Show your passion, support YOUR team, not A business. ASHLEY OUT!

• Magpie Season

May 8, 2015 at 5:30 AM

Just saw JC press conference.

Why would he spend his time watching the Hull match. We do not play either of those teams. He should have been looking at West Brom matches.

I remember 2 years ago, when we were in position selfsame as this, Pards would at least go to the stadiums to scout our next opponents.

• cyprus

May 8, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Crazy times. Remember reading posts where people were wishing we’d lose so that JC would be proven useless and MA would sell. Wish granted!
    What a bummer if this guy JC would’ve won these games and proven MA right 😉

• Jail for Ashley

May 8, 2015 at 6:47 AM

How !
    Can you imagine if we scrape a point and go down on GD, it’ll put the decision to sell two international defenders up there with the decision to sell James Milner the last time. And for years people argued that Mashers learns from his mistakes.

• davis_toons

May 8, 2015 at 6:55 AM

I will still Support John Carver.

• cyprus

May 8, 2015 at 7:02 AM

I always read you and do appreciate your point of view and arguments.

But, I just can’t make myself want to lose, or go down or whatever. I want to stay up, FFS. Is that selfish? Of course it is, and so are all the other views when you think about it. Even calling this outfit ‘my’ team is delusional, it never was… same for anyone who says that: give back the club to the fans, and all that.

I want to win the CL 😉 If that makes MA or whoever a hero, I don’t care 🙂

• firebug666

May 8, 2015 at 7:15 AM

cyprus @25

It’s a sad state of affairs mate, next season we will be lucky to win the fizzy pop.

52 years a supporter, and I have never felt the way I do now, so disillusioned with this club. Newcastle United is no longer recognisable as the club I fell in love with.

If only they showed us a little light at the end of the tunnel, but there is none, No leaders to stand up and take the club by the scruff of the neck.

All we have are chickens with their heads cut of.

• Jail for Ashley

May 8, 2015 at 7:18 AM

I don’t want us to go down it would be disastrous, to be honest though it won’t hurt like in the past. I can’t see how it would have been a bummer if JC had of turned out to be an inspired appointment though. But lets face it, a guy who had coached Sammi Amobea from childhood yet never knew he could take a corner was never going to set the world alight was he ?.

• Schwefelberg

May 8, 2015 at 7:30 AM

The Club became something else, not the Club you knew.

Walk away,– it does not mean you do not care — it means you do.

These scumtimes will never end under Ashley. And he might own the Club for another 10-15 years.

• Roger

May 8, 2015 at 7:40 AM

What happened in England, what happened in Newcastle?
    In Germany were i live, the stadium will be burned
    to the ground from all the brave fans and supporters.
    Why Ashley is not attacked, why the fans don`t
    demonstrate against an owner who is not good for
    the game.
    Sorry, if every second saturday 52000 people pay
    money for nothing, absolute nothing will change.
    Once i want to see that all rows are empty and only
    the fans of the other club are in the stadium.
    But in England, nothing happened, and so Newcastle
    will be relegated and we see us all next year in the
    championship. Good buy pride of the north, good
    buy my Newcastle United FC.
    Ashley, Lee and Carver go to hell!!!!

• sing in the corner

May 8, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Well after the events overnight and of the last few weeks I’m finally having to face up to the fact that no matter how strongly I feel about politics and the football club I love, however obvious it seems to me what the right thing to do is…people see things differently and don’t have the anger I have. S|o it seems we are off to hell in a handcart.
    Time to emigrate I think 🙂

• Average_Contents

May 8, 2015 at 7:47 AM

No honest john. Just stand their like a fcuking mute with your arms folded. Then come out afterwards and say you wish they all put as much passion into it as you do, they all cared as much as you do.

If they did they’d be kicking off on the fans. TWICE in one season.

If it looks like a wart hog, acts like a wart hog, its a wart hog.

Sometimes I wish you would just curl up into the fetal position and suck your thumb…..might aswell.

Your about as useful as a chocolate kettle.

• sing in the corner

May 8, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Is it me or are Ashleyout packing up for the summer? No organised protest this weekend? Or have I missed something? This is not the time to skulk back to the computer keyboards – momentum built up will be lost!

• dave 1961

May 8, 2015 at 8:00 AM

A full stadium make his brand look good an empty stadium make it look cheap and tacky that is why he is panicking now he knows that if he breaks the protest it will go away as the fans who are now organizing the protests will just give up and we just carry on as before we are an add for his brand if the protest was not working it would be getting ignored that’s how simple this is, backing the team now is backing Ashley.

• firebug666

May 8, 2015 at 8:03 AM

JC say he would have been sacked anywhere else after six losses in a row.

John you should have never been hired!

Every time the man opens his mouth, he embarrasses himself, the club and the fans.

Where I live I am surrounded by Makems, (Oh yes, it’s fun) but Carver is destroying any arguments I try to muster, not that I have much ammunition these days, the club have simply capitulated, they took away my pride in the club, but I will never show that to those pesky Makems.

JC can help though, all he has to do is shut the fcuk up.

• hibbit

May 8, 2015 at 8:11 AM

firebug spot on mate should never have got the job.and charnley just sits there when rome burns

• dave 1961

May 8, 2015 at 8:13 AM

One thing after Saturday nine bar can be renamed Carvers at least for a week

• mindshaft

May 8, 2015 at 8:18 AM

We are lucky to have Carver – he’ll be off to Barcelona soon

• Jail for Ashley

May 8, 2015 at 8:20 AM

dave 196,
    Have you seen the SDS adverts on SSN, tacky is pale in comparison !

• Schwefelberg

May 8, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Even if we stay in the EPL it will be the same Crap next Season. Ashley has the Club in a Chokehold and he will never release.

• lochinvar

May 8, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Labour has just lost their Balls, have Newcastle ?
    The Leader of the opposition will have to step down, will the Leader of Sports Direct do the same .
    The Labour Campaign Coach resigns, will the Coach of Newcastle United follow the example.
    Or do we have put up with our own dodgy politicians and lies damned lies for longer ?
    What does the Poll say ?