Newcastle Icon Infers It’s Painful To Watch Magpies Play

Alan Shearer has created his own personal Twitter account, and he’s taken a shot at Newcastle and the way they play these days – which is well deserved this year – because they’ve been hopeless, and often our players haven’t even bothered to show up for the games – and there’s good news on Tyneside because we drew at home 1-1 after losing the previous eight games.

Alan Shearer

Alan Shearer – launched own personal Twitter site today

That’s how bad things are at Newcastle at the moment.

But we suppose the positive thing is that there’s only one way to go – and that’s up.

That’s true isn’t it?

The internet is famous for the (very) harsh abuse people can receive and the general lack of civility from what are essentially anonymous people – that’s one reasonb they are so abusive.

But – hey – Alan has warned he will repay those people who abuse him.

This is the second tweet he sent out today on his new personal Twitter site:

When John Carver sees this tweet he will obviously not agree, because John has told us he wants Newcastle to play like the Entertainers played in the 1990s under the great Kevin Keegan.

But when all is said and done with John Carver – more is said than done.

Alan Shearer’s Twitter account will be very popular with an awful lot of people,  and Alan is one of the greatest players Newcastle have ever produced.

We always though that Alan would end up and be a successful long-term manager at Newcastle – but that’s never going to happen now – he’s just too comfortable (and good) as a BBC pundit.

• Grafton83

May 13, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Just don’t fudge it up against QPR and we might be ok. That’s what I’d say to the players. Good god it’s been a horrible season. How I miss bobby and his top 4 finishes, those days seem so distant now.

• jayphoto

May 13, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Id argue Alan is THE greatest player to come out of the northeast ever! Obviously he’s not the only great player from the region but to score the goals he did, with injuries he had was remarkable! The most complete centre forward in the last 30 years for me

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 13, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Jay…for me to!

…was the finale reason why I became more than just a avid admire of Newcastle and their style under KK!

Followed Shearer from SOTON and Blackburn. As a kid I was actually a Blackburn fan and a young kid a Man Utd fan because of Jesper Olsen who played the same position as me and who was my idol 🙂

• jayphoto

May 13, 2015 at 4:37 PM

@jesper – actually remember the day he signed! My parents actually came to pick me up from school to tell me! Then it was straight over the fields to bang in some 30 yard screamers screaming shearer on every kick!
    Makes me sad the youngsters today aren’t being provided with any memories or excitement from the club today

• Toon Tang

May 13, 2015 at 4:37 PM

I suppose someone needs to lighten the mood a few shades eh. Is it a 100% official account? hahahahaaa epic bants regardless I guess.

• jayphoto

May 13, 2015 at 4:40 PM

@jesper oddly Olsen is before my time but know him from the fact we suffer the same brain defect and he was in the case study i was shown to understand my condition!

• Toon Tang

May 13, 2015 at 4:40 PM

jayphoto 4

Top post mate, that’s one of the hardest things to take about the whole situation. Kids now have literally got nowt, I bet there’s not many running up to take a free kick shouting “Rivierre” hahaaah

• Average_Contents

May 13, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Toon tang

Lmfco mate. They’d fall over during the run up just to emulate their hero.

Jay

Like tang said you’ve hit the nail on the head. Nothing to be proud of anymore and certainly nobody to “wish you was. Fcuking sad.

• jayphoto

May 13, 2015 at 4:45 PM

@toon tang bet theres a few having ‘riviere’ shouted at them when they miss a sitter!
    I suppose the kid with bad asthma can shout ‘de jong’ from the sidelines when he can’t play.
    Doubt anyone can shout williamson! In my day we put 6’4 lads that cant make a pass where they belong! In goal 🙂

• Belfast

May 13, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Hold on I used to run about the playground dreaming of a top ten finish.

So there !