Newcastle’s Best Teenager Expected To Feature At QPR

Rolando Aarons has not played for Newcastle since he came on as a sub for the injured Gabby Obertan on November 1st in the home 1-0 win against Liverpool – but he will probably feature in Saturday’s game at QPR – but it’s doubtful he will start the game.

Rolando Aarons, Newcastle United

Rolando Aarons – could return tomorrow

This is what coach John Carver said about the 19 year-old youngster who was great for us in pre-season and at the start of the season until he picked up some hamstring problems:

“We kept Rolando out of the U-21 game on Monday, because we felt he would get more benefit from the training this week.” “He has done a lot of hard work and is a lot fitter and stronger than he was a week ago.”

“He has been bright and has given me a bit of a headache, because the bench is getting stronger and we can only put seven players on there.” “We have got quite a few players who will be fighting to get on that pitch,  and if the opportunity arises where I need to put Rolando on, I won’t have any hesitation.”

“I’m going to take a squad of 21 players down to London.” “Papiss Cisse got through 21 minutes last weekend against West Brom and has had a full week’s training, so he’s in a good place, and Gabriel Obertan will join the squad again.”

It’s going to be a big decision for John on Saturday who to start – and Rolando and Papiss Cisse are now almost fully fit, and surely we cannot keep two of our best players on the sidelines.

Cisse wants to start and John Carver may well give him a starting position on Saturday, but we would not expect Aarons to start – but we’d love the see him brought on in the second half and if all is well start him at home to West Ham in our final game of the season.

Comments welcome.

7 comments so far

  • Average_Contents

    May 14, 2015 at 10:42 PM

    Comment #1
  • Average_Contents

    May 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM

    Comment #2

    I’m quite literally lost for words.

    “I have the job. They have to take it off me now” says boss whose Magpies could be safe from the drop on Saturday night if they beat already-relegated QPR.

    John Carver has revealed he will be sacked – or backed – as Newcastle manager within 48 hours of their season ending.

    Interim head coach Carver insists he has still not ruled himself out of carrying on in the job, despite the Toon’s scrape with relegation.

    The club have cancelled a Player of the Year celebration dinner, which was to in aid of the Newcastle United Foundation, because of their uncertain plight.

    The Magpies are two points ahead of third-bottom Hull, with a trip to already-down QPR on Saturday followed by a final home game against mid-table West Ham.

    Carver, who has five years remaining on an assistant manager’s contract, was asked if he accepted he was no longer in “pole position” to get the top job.

    He said: “No. Because I have the job. They have to take it off me now. I’m going nowhere!

    “We have focused on these two games. I want no discussions from now until the West Ham game is over. We have to keep all our focus on it. If we win at QPR, and results go for us [Newcastle need Tottenham to avoid defeat at home to Hull], we are safe. Then I want to win the West Ham game.

    “I am not a caretaker. I told the players that from day one. They understood it and whether it has affected them I cannot say. It has not affected my performance.”

    “I will say this again, because of the circumstances I would love to see how anyone else would react”.

    “I spoke to Tony Pulis after the game and he said it was quite incredible what I’d had to put up with, regarding injuries and suspensions. That is bad luck. It is not mismanagement by the club”.

    “I had enough players [but] at one stage I had a full team missing. Our squad of 26 is not a bad size – not many people have 11 players missing at one time.”

  • jimmysmith

    May 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM

    Comment #3

    Play a forward line of Aarons, Perez and Cisse, and give the pub landlord Richard Dunne and offsides a bit of grief. Throw Cabella, Sammy and Obertan on with 30 mins to go, to finish the old kernts off.

  • beermonkey

    May 14, 2015 at 10:52 PM

    Comment #4


    why do the pr dept let him talk in public

  • jane

    May 14, 2015 at 10:56 PM

    Comment #5

    don’t forget it’s taken out of context

  • one fine day

    May 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM

    Comment #6

    oh lordy
    keeping up with carvs
    comedy gold

  • headtheball

    May 14, 2015 at 11:10 PM

    Comment #7

    To Mike Ashley from a NUFC supporter of over sixty years

    Relegate my team once, shame on you

    Relegate my team twice, shame on me



You must log in to post a comment.