Carver – We Were In Control But Shot Ourselves In The Foot

John Carver has done more talking after the latest disaster after a first half in which Newcastle seemed to be in control with a good goal from Riviere – his first in the Premier League after 21 minutes – but Newcastle collapsed against the bottom of the league side who are already relegated – and we’ve done that far too many times this year under John Carver – who just doesn’t seem to have the man-management skills or motivational skills a good coach needs.

carver and crew qpr

Coaching staff – head in hands after another disaster

There’s nothing much positive that Carver could have said after the game but he has to say something and he’s asking fans to support the team next week at home to West Ham where a win would see us safe but if we cannot win and Hull beat Manchester United at home we will be relegated.

Here’s what John said:

“I’m really disappointed about it because in the first half I thought we were in control. We were not under any threat and then for that 10 minutes after half-time we shot ourselves in the foot again. We could have avoided that.”

“It was in our hands and we could have put it to bed, we haven’t but now it is definitely the biggest game and the biggest we’ve had for a long, long time.” “The fans made a difference to the team against West Brom. There will be a lot of people out there saying: ‘Why should we?’

“But I think that they want us to stay in the Premier League and if it gets us that extra 5% or 10% that keeps us in the Premier League, then we need it.” “Then once we get the game out of the way then we will have the post-mortem and we can deal with it.”

Newcastle’s safety is still in our hands but unless we get men turning up for the last game at home to West Ham, and have a packed out stadium – then we have no chance of winning that game.

If Hull manage to beat the Red Devils next Sunday, they will deserve to stay up – and Hull have produced some good results at the KC Stadium this season..

And if Hull win we’ll be in England’s second division and maybe for a few years too – if our displays this year are anything to go by.

John Carver and the players would be well advised to lay low this week, and not make any promises about Sunday’s game – because they have shown they cannot keep them.

• jimmysmith

May 16, 2015 at 7:26 PM

One point out of 30. Ashley is surely in a rage with these players, with this coach, with Charnley. But you have to compete for 38 games, you can’t knobble a season for the sake of a transfer deal or to buy time to make the “right” managerial appointment. I don’t doubt he planned on finishing 8th rather than 17th, we have the 7th biggest wage bill in the Prem. You get £1.2 million extra prize money for each place you finish higher in the league. 8th place receives £10.8 million more than 17th. But what did Pardew say about the owner. Every now and then he makes a terrible decision that hurts the football club

• roblee7

May 16, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Blackley – It still hurts even if you know its coming if its to the club you support. I’m hurting, thats for sure and I’m not ashamed to say it. I bet on us going down a couple months back as I could see it happening, but it still hurts no matter what

• roblee7

May 16, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Just watched Palace, its astonishing to think that teams being managed by Pardew. Fluent, attacking football, scary

• John Tudor

May 16, 2015 at 7:30 PM

Mugs carvers let’s us down

• Mint

May 16, 2015 at 7:30 PM

@ Krul To Be Kind
    No no, Hull lost 0:1 to man u and all we needed was a point to stay up.

We went down to duff own goal deflection

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 16, 2015 at 7:31 PM

What a big Betsy you are. I’m hurting. Hahahahahahahahahah.

Don’t gloat Blackley. Don’t say I told you so because I’m hurting too much.

You big soft tart. You can never show your face on this blog again without being reminded of that. Somebody ring the Samaritans for Betsy. He’s really hurting. Anyone got some tissues?

• Ketsbaia9

May 16, 2015 at 7:34 PM

We’ll probably draw at West Ham, Hull will win and Sunderland will lose their last two games each by 3 goals.

• lochinvar

May 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM

So Carver thinks it’s down to the fans to give the extra 10% that will get the team the win needed to ensure Premiership survival.

Ok then
    We’ll take the coaching
    We’ll pick the team
    We’ll talk tactics
    We’ll kick backsides
    We’ll pick up the fat salaries
    We’ll talk to the media
    We’ll tell Ashley where to stick it

Or JC you can do it – it’s called last chance saloon

• roblee7

May 16, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Blackley – What football fan would not be hurting with whats going on at our club happening at their own club?

You quite obviously enjoy trying to wind people up, I’m not that daft and its amazing some fall for it IMO

‘You can never show your face on this blog again without being reminded of that’ – Grow up you tool

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 16, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Roblee

It doesn’t hurt when you’ve resigned yourself to it for weeks. Will you be hurting on the first game of next season in the championship? Blackley’s paid £700 for his season ticket to watch championship football. Hes not crying like Betsy Wallops. Loads of fans will disappear. Blackley won’t.

• Bambams

May 16, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Ashley is the one to blame for all of this.

He has the final say on everything

• roblee7

May 16, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Blackley – Oh, sorry just remembered you were there when we won the league in 1905, apologies for the ‘Grow Up’ statement

• scout

May 16, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Ashley sack the man its beyond a joke.

• 2_goal_tino

May 16, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Anyone heard anything about this?… apparently there has been quite a lot of violence at Kings Cross with a lot of Newcastle fans attacked – some apparently have been glassed. Initial reports saying it is Everton fans.

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Roblee

This is not a wind up pal. Don’t tell me you’re crying like Betsy. You’re probably crying for Gerrard as I type. Soft lads.

• roblee7

May 16, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Blackley – Probably not (first game next season, Championship or not) but I find it very sad what is happening to a club I’ve supported since I was a young lad. I’d say you’re not human if you don’t feel the slightest piece of emotion at what is going on, either that or have experienced so many downs with NUFC over the years you have built up an immunity to it?

• 2_goal_tino

May 16, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Here is some coverage of it… https://twitter.com/nufcawaytickets

• toon kk

May 16, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Roblee
    palace play some good attacking football, for a manager to get something special out of a team you need a foundation of quality. Thats why we fail, we’re just not good enough.

• roblee7

May 16, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Blackley – It was quite emotional when Gerrard came on the pitch at the start actually. Reminded me of Shearers testimonial, which I also found a bit emotional if thats OK to admit to? 😉

• bettyswallocks

May 16, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Blackley

You couldn’t feel hurt yourself obviously, you’re affliction has numbed your emotions and your respect for other people’s.

You really are an extremely unpleasant individual.

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 16, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Roblee is feeling a bit sensitive. He loves our players. Particularly Coloccini with his lovely locks.

Get a grip. There was a time when we had a team to be proud of. Not for years. Not 1905.

Not one of those players is worth hurting for. And our club has been a dud for years. So toughen up. The players are softies. Now so are the fans. Boo hoo.

• Thump

May 16, 2015 at 7:45 PM

@2_goal: Jesus Christ, wtf is wrong with some people?

• bettyswallocks

May 16, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Roblee

Felt the same. Watching things at Anfield and comparing it with our shambles. What a disgrace.

• jane

May 16, 2015 at 7:47 PM

I don’t think I am very knowledgeable but I thought Pardew was a descent manager when fans wanted him out, don’t know if I am deluding myself but that makes me think I may have a better idea that most fans and I would say the present predicament is more down to the manager and players than Ashley. but what do I know!

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 16, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Anyone else want to come out and cry along with Betsy and Robbie? We’ve got a team of softies. Surely we haven’t got a fan base full of them?

Come out and cry.

• Thump

May 16, 2015 at 7:48 PM

If any Toon fan can see what’s happening and not feel so much as a twinge of concern, it’s probably safe to say they aren’t Toon fans. Simple as.

• Thump

May 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM

@jane: don’t think I am very knowledgeable but I thought Pardew was a descent manager

“Descent” being the key word 😉

• kevymartins

May 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Gerrards hole career he was in the shadow of Frank Lampard.

• toon kk

May 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM

When people call Pardew remember a couple of things. Our squad is weak and MA often picked the team.

• jane

May 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM

just to add i don’t think selling the 2 or 3 players in January is the reason we are in this position. even with selling them we shouldn’t be.

• Thump

May 16, 2015 at 7:51 PM

@kevy: I think it was John Bishop who said that a few years ago. Gerrard is one of the best English midfielders for years, then you have Lampard, who is one of the best English midfielders for years… so we have two at once, and Gerrard is always in his shadow.

Can’t argue tbh.

• jane

May 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM

“Descent” being the key word ????

ha ha nice one!

• Catchy's Pet Lip

May 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Blackley

No, but I’m gonna ram a Sunderland flag, pole and all, your Brownley with my foot, no lube, ya’ decrepit, wee old maggot!

• BandB

May 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Jane,

How is your prediction that QPR would play with their flip-flops on today looking?
    Or the ones about us getting loads more points and not being in serious relegation trouble, really?
    Just wondering. Seeing as you know so much about stuff.

• Thump

May 16, 2015 at 7:53 PM

@toon kk: “MA picked the teams”

Load of rubbish. I hate MA as much as the next man, but give me any proof whatsoever that Fatman picked the teams.

And don’t point to the cup record, because we’ve known for years that the cups were basically a friendly for the reserves.

• Thump

May 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Ah, sod this for a game of toy soldiers. I’m off before Blackley starts his next rant and brings the tone of the blog down just a little more.

• jane

May 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

BandB I might have been positive sometime but I cannot remember saying those things, perhaps you would like to remind me.

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 16, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Betsy
    My feelings are numb towards you, you big softie.

Boo hoo. I’m hurting. Don’t upset me with your horrible comments, Blackley, you nasty, horrible individual.

Who knows Betsy? Hull might not win next week. You might be bealing too early.

But just in case Hull win, start getting used to it now. And get a supply of Scotties tissues in.

• roblee7

May 16, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Thump – Well said

Blackley – Class A Joker. ignore the guy, most likely a mackem. Speaking of which, what happened to the mackem who used to come on here? And to be fair although he liked having the odd dig, you could actually have a sensible conversation with? Don’t remember his name but he was alright, better than Blackley anyway which therefore makes me think Blackley is most likely is a mackem

• Klam3r

May 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM

If you’re not hurt by a relegation you’re clearly lacking something!