Players In Turmoil – No Confidence – Ask For Support On Sunday

Ryan Taylor has admitted that when Alan Pardew left the club so quickly at the beginning of January – he couldn’t get out quickly enough – it had an effect on the players and they were not sure who was going to be in charge – and then later in January John Carver was put in charge through the end of the season.

ryan taylor at City 5-0

Ryan Taylor in action

Ryan has said the players confidence is shattered after losing nine of the last ten games, and it’s going to be very difficult for our players to win at St. James’ Park this Sunday.

This is what Ryan Taylor has said yesterday – before the media blackout ordered by under-water coach John Carver:

“As a player we had a little bit of turmoil once Alan left. We were unsure: ‘Have we got a manager, who is in charge?” “It took a few weeks to resolve and then John got the job as head coach.”

“But then we just lost a lot of players, we had a lot of key players out, and that effectively over the long run has cost us.” “It’s been a tough three months, not just Saturday.

“As a player we had a little bit of turmoil once Alan left. We were unsure: ‘Have we got a manager, who is in charge?” “You look back now, nine defeats out of 10. I don’t care who you are, it does shatter your confidence.”

“We need a lot of characters,” “People just need to forget what’s gone on in the past.” “We can only go with what’s in front of us, and that is this one game, and we’ve got to beat West Ham. That’s the bottom line.”

“I would say to the fans just give us everything. I am sure they have in the last few months and all season really, but just stick with us, get us through the game.”

“I know for a fact that the club won’t want to be in the same position next year. So just get behind the lads for the last game and stick with us.”

It’s going to be very difficult for our players on Sunday – especially if we go behind – because if the last few games  are anything to go by, they will give up the ghost and that could mean relegation for us.

A draw on Sunday means nothing to Newcastle  it’s a win which will see us safe or nothing – and if it’s nothing, a Hull City win at home to the Red Devils will see Newcastle take the drop.

• Vask

May 17, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Do I really have to repost all that babble?

• Average_Contents

May 17, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Oi C0cknose

Don’t take it out on me because you get ignored. Can’t really blame them though can you.

I’ve tried.

C0cknose.

• Toon Tang

May 17, 2015 at 11:44 PM

LR, True true, but we just haven’t got that as you know. I know exactly what you mean and what we need believe me but without the brain to lead the operation we should at least battle for 50/50’s etc. We’ve all seen what Leicester and even Sunderland have managed towards the end of this season with little quality but allot of effort. It can be done.

• spitfire_

May 17, 2015 at 11:46 PM

“I know for a fact that the club won’t want to be in the same position next year”

I don’t get it. I thought he was injured from the past 2 years… not being at coma.

• Belfast

May 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM

He’s probably benifited more than anyone. Wouldn’t be in the team if anybody else was in charge.

• Average_Contents

May 17, 2015 at 11:49 PM

Oh Jimmy

Why am I not surprised you quite like jane’s posts?

Didn’t you also like Jeffrey’s?

Funny that.

A pattern has emerged.

• Vask

May 17, 2015 at 11:49 PM

The 50/50’s is an interesting one. There was a pivotal point in a recent game ( I forget which one as they’ve al blended into one massive pu) where Anita had the perfect chance to clatter the breaking attacker but bottled it. They went on and scored. The next game he was battling for everything and then the next game was dropped. Much like Axed who looked up for the fight and was promptly dropped at half time in the second game. Poor.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Toon Tang, bare desperation.

• Toon Tang

May 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Vask, exactly mate, its happened too many times this 2nd half of the season. Who was it lost the ball a few games back and just walked the opposite way without trying to get back in?

Its just basic fundamental schoolboy stuff that you’re taught from an early age.

• Toon Tang

May 17, 2015 at 11:53 PM

LR whats bare desperation??

• Vask

May 17, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Belfast how can you say such a thing about one of our only top (how can I indicate his greatness with an extra adjective?) top players. An ex-deadball specialist and slow to boot. I feel sorry for our younsters trying to dislodge him from his starting berth. You just can’t get that good these days.

• Vask

May 17, 2015 at 11:57 PM

TT that was probly Sissoko, he often has a little cry when he loses the ball.

• Average_Contents

May 17, 2015 at 11:57 PM

OP

I’ve found another one who’s opinions do not count. Shame really.

• Toon Tang

May 17, 2015 at 11:59 PM

I’ll take it as wanting my team to show effort is bare desperation? You clearly have no grasp of the basics of football do you. Its very simple, you lose the ball in a dangerous area, you try to win it back. When a lofted ball comes in to your area you contest the ball before it ends up in your net.

Basic grass root stuff LR. Wouldn’t want you leading my team it would be worse than the Carver / Pardew show hahaha

• Belfast

May 18, 2015 at 12:01 AM

He’s been absolutely abysmal like. Far too slow, crap ball retention, crap set pieces just generally awful.

Colback takes a lot of stick but playing alongside somebody as poor must be really ferking difficult like.

• jimmysmith

May 18, 2015 at 12:02 AM

C’mon AC, that’s a bit naughty pal. Here’s the entire post.

I like Jane’s posts. They have a certain optimism and hopefulness that isn’t entirely misplaced, and also remind of the hindsight that critics have, but that those who take the decisions don’t. But Ashley is the owner, it’s his business model, and it has failed us and arguably exploited us over now eight long years.

I’d like nothing better than to see the fans unite with a simple, clear, loud and consistent message to do better or f@ck off. I think that’s become the role and responsibility of the the match day crowd under Ashley, along with remaining staunchly behind the side.

The lack of atmosphere in the ground is the worst consequence of Ashley’s punch light approach, and really is like, as I read on here earlier. “Turkeys voting for Christmas”

• Vask

May 18, 2015 at 12:03 AM

TT I almost forgot what you have to do when a ball comes into the box. It’s been that long since I saw it that I was starting to believe you were just supposed to roll over or shout of Colo to see if he wants to get back into position.

• Toon Tang

May 18, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Vask ahaha it’s been a long time since we defended a set piece properly eh. According to LR though we don’t need to do such things as asking for effort is ‘bare desperation’.

• Vask

May 18, 2015 at 12:06 AM

Aye he’s just not got it any more. In fact the only time I remember him doing anything consistently well was when he filled in a left back for 10 games or something. Other than that the odd spurious free kick that came off. I don’t know what these so-called professional coaches see in him.

• MacToon

May 18, 2015 at 12:07 AM

I’ve checked and re-checked mail and cannot find any and cannot find any old mails from Ciaran so no idea which e-mail address he has/had.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 18, 2015 at 12:09 AM

You’ve misunderstood, Toon Tang. Effort should be applied in all cases and should be expected. Effort alone though, without direction, is bare desperation for the reasons I stated before in the wider context of football and team play.

• MacToon

May 18, 2015 at 12:09 AM

I did tell Ciaran I had no interest in being contacted though*

• Toon Tang

May 18, 2015 at 12:10 AM

Ahh reet I thought you meant I was asking for effort out of bare desperation. Yes clearly we need direction.

• Vask

May 18, 2015 at 12:11 AM

A early satnav would be more use than JC.

• Belfast

May 18, 2015 at 12:11 AM

• Average_Contents

May 18, 2015 at 12:16 AM

Come now jimmy

You’ve defended Jeffrey’s virtues before. Now you defend “jane’s” who coincidentally posts much like Jeffrey did.

I agree though. It’s not funny.

Nevertheless a pattern still exists.

• MacToon

May 18, 2015 at 12:16 AM

That’s our private mail mate 😉

• Toon Tang

May 18, 2015 at 12:18 AM

I know for an absolute fact Belfast’s been using that to archive his naked pool party exploits…

• Belfast

May 18, 2015 at 12:20 AM

I lost that one you gave me mate. I got a new one and lost all the contacts.

Themagpie87@outlook.com is my new one. (No hate mail please)

• Belfast

May 18, 2015 at 12:21 AM

That was an accident that time toontang those pictures weren’t for public consumption haha

• MacToon

May 18, 2015 at 12:22 AM

That mail you just posted for me is .com not .co.uk 😉

• bettyswallocks

May 18, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Where we were once many peoples second club, and well liked for the entertainment we provided. We are now seen as Ashley FC and disregarded , sneered at and dismissed as a non trying , money orientated shambles.

The uncertainty of what Ashley will do next season whether or not we stay up is affecting people deeper than they want to admit.

Ibizatoon was always a glass half full , level headed, voice of reason, let’s take the positives and give Ashley more time type of poster.

He has now become sour and cynical due to the pointlessness of being a fan under Ashley’s rule.

I hope AO continue to apply the pressure and we should all support them as a way of expressing our anger and frustration.

• bettyswallocks

May 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM

Just to clarify, Ashley out, not Ibiza.

• Vask

May 18, 2015 at 12:26 AM

“That should tell people that unless we do manage to get him out of our club, we will only be subjected to more of the same depressing low budget, non competetive shit football.”

I agree… Ibiza Out!

• Vask

May 18, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Shoot.

• Toon Tang

May 18, 2015 at 12:27 AM

Hahahahaaaaa funny as fcuk belfast

Anyways night all, up at 6 ready for ground work..

Rave safely kids.

• Belfast

May 18, 2015 at 12:29 AM

OK cheers mate

• BandB

May 18, 2015 at 12:33 AM

Macaroon,

I have been searching for that email address you left for me months ago.

I wasn’t being rude. I left it a fortnight and could never find it again.

I won’t feel stood up if you say no to a chat. I posted my email for Jail earlier. So we don’t have to use yours, or ours, or whatever it is.

• Thump

May 18, 2015 at 12:33 AM

So, apparently I’ve missed some blog drama.

What’s actually going on? Something’s going on with Ibiza, MacToon, BandB, and Belfast?

And apparently jane is Jeff.

*reaches for aspirin*

• Vask

May 18, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Thump it’s like an episode of Quayside but with marginally better acting.