Shearer – Carver’s Making Me Look Good

Alan Pardew is looking like a very good coach given the way John Carver has taken Newcastle racing down the league table, and with essentially the same players available in the first half of the season, Alan had 26 points after 19 games and Newcastle were 9th top and comfortable.

But Carver’s 10 points from the following 18 games have plummeted Newcastle to fourth bottom, and we could get relegated next Sunday in our final game.

alan shearer recent

Alan Shearer Carver makes me look good

And the fact that Alan Pardew’s Palace have gained a massive 19 points on Newcastle this year, has made it even harder to bear and Crystal Place beat Liverpool at Anfield 3-1 yesterday.

If we beat West Ham at home next Sunday we will be safe, but how many people believe we can win that games after the last 10 performances have been little short of pathetic without fight or passion.

And on Alan Shearer’s new Twitter account Alan has said his oal John Carver is making even him look good.

Alan Shearer managed the last eight games of the 2008-2009 relegation season with his assistant manager Iain Dowie, and had one win at home to Middlesbrough and two draws – so 5 points from 8 games.

Its wasn’t good enough and we were relegated.

John has 10 points from 18 league games – so his average for 8 games is 4.4 points – only slightly worse than Alan’s 5 points.

The great Bob Paisley – one of our favorite managers managed Liverpool from August, 1974 through July, 1983 for 535 games and won 308, drew 131 and lost only 96,  for a win rate of 57.6%.

Bob won 6 First Division titles, 3 League Cups, 3 European Cups, one UEFA Cup and one UEFA Super Cup – all in 9 seasons mind you.

Bob Paisley was truly one of the greatest football managers ever.

• Fostino

May 17, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Carver out. ..let’s Beardsley take our last game.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 17, 2015 at 9:18 AM

It’s going to be a long wait until next week’s judgement day.

• John Tudor

May 17, 2015 at 9:18 AM

weve gone allready

• sparky55

May 17, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Ignore shearer…he had his chance and fell woefully short…he’s just trying to attract as many twatter followers as he can.

• Jail for Ashley

May 17, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Hang on Ed you’re confusing me, I thought it was the sackpardew crew who were responsible for this mess we’re in ???

• Jail for Ashley

May 17, 2015 at 9:23 AM

So how do you contact Shearer through twitter ?

• The overrated Frenchman

May 17, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Beardsley, as much as I loved him as a player, is a hopeless coach I’m afraid.

• sparky55

May 17, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Tudor…me glass is half empty like yours as a self defence mechanism against would might be a massive disappointment come next sunday but deep down I think the chances of hull getting a draw are far greater than them getting a win so hoping we’ll scrape it.

Bigger problem we have is the team that got us relegated last time would murder the team we’ve got now and if this team goes down there is no chance whatsoever we’ll come straight back up…in fact I would say the chances of us doing a leeds / Fulham are far greater than us coming straight back up.

• Fostino

May 17, 2015 at 9:27 AM

I just wrote a big long message blasting carver…Thank you ed for spinning out the stories in double quick time. To be honest I didn’t think anyone would read it anyway. Everyone in blind rage on this..myself included. This site turned into a money spinner where rubbish articles with misleading titles ade pumping out looking to get as many views and money as possible. I don’t know why I log on to this rubbish. ..anyone know of a good fans forum for newcastle fans? ?

• Jail for Ashley

May 17, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Fostino,
    This is the best there is, unfortunately the author is losing his touch though !

• Jail for Ashley

May 17, 2015 at 9:31 AM

I would like to ask Shearer why so many pubdits seem just to blame the players, is it a legal issue where they’re scared to have a go at Mashers in case he sues them.

• Fostino

May 17, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Jail for Ashley.

I just think no one is arsed about us anymore to give it a serioys debate. Sunday supplement have blasted Ashley in fairness but pundits are paid to critique the matches and players. At best were a mid table team.We are a total bore. Any suggestions on who to support instead?

• optimistic prime

May 17, 2015 at 9:45 AM

I didn’t watch or listen to the match yesterday and waited until the games where over to check the results.
    I went round a mates who has no Intrest in football to avoid giving myself a heart attack.

Whilst out last night I heard a few man utd fans saying they’d be lying down for Hull next week and I actually beleive that will happen. I can see West Ham turning us over and yesterday was our chance to stop up.

I won’t be watching the games next week, I’m not going to put myself through the mill watching pathetic half arsed players and a idiot leading them down.

The players and team along with JC are exactly where they deserve to be, I’ll be gutted if they go down but it’s not worth the stress watching them.

• geordiemark

May 17, 2015 at 9:45 AM

only cure for our club is that its sold to someone who has a bit of common sence and has ambition, everyone at the club now need to go the lot and that includes Beardsley

• toon kk

May 17, 2015 at 9:59 AM

After giving this relegation situation a lot of thought, I actually hope we go down.
    We definitely don’t belong in the premier league under MA, why let a parasite suck the life out of our club and milk all the profits. He’s taking advantage of everything, including 50,000 fans, who can’t even see it.
    At least if we’re down MA won’t get his tat advertised world wide for free.

Tbh if the club was closed down it wouldn’t be missed as far as president day football goes.

Even if we’re stay up it will be more of the same next season.
    Meaningless club

• lochinvar

May 17, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Carver makes Nick Clegg and Ed Milliband look like winners
    I thought Carver and Shearer were golf buddies… ? Not now.
    How to win friends and influence people.

• widowmagandapoke

May 17, 2015 at 2:22 PM

What astonished me last night was the way Carver was talking about next season as though it were a foregone conclusion he would still be in charge.