Fans Furious With John Carver – Again

Newcastle supporters took to Twitter this afternoon to voice their disapproval of John Carver – who has taken Newcastle from 9th position to 17th place,  4th bottom and in deep relegation trouble, by getting just one point in the last 10 games.

John was out playing golf at a charity event with the likes of Alan Shearer, Ant and Dec,  Steve Stone, Andy Woodman and Ryan Taylor for CHUF.

It seems that John has given his players two days off, though that cannot be because of their performance on Saturday, when they couldn’t  even beat a relegated QPR side,  who had been slaughtered 6-0 in their previous game.

john carver - up close

John Carver – it’s just too much for him – if truth be told

It’s very unlikely that Newcastle can get the win they need against the wily Sam Allardyce on Sunday, who would just love to beat his former club in what will likely be his last game in charge for West Ham United.

However, buddy Alan Shearer has defended John Carver – whose star has blown up on Tyneside with his terrible performance as the Newcastle head coach – and his press conferences – which are more often than not – simply bizarre.

This is what Alan said:

“I know what John’s going through because I’ve been there myself. I’m sure all the managers involved in the final day relegation battle will be feeling very down and stressed right now.”

“He’ll need some sleeping tablets this week, that’s for sure, because he won’t be sleeping well with the worry and the stress. It’s going to be a desperately disappointing day for someone.”

“I’ve got everything crossed and I’m sure John will have as well. I hope the players roll up their sleeves and give it one last go.” “You have to say performances have been nowhere near good enough and it’s been a very disappointing second half to the season.”

“I don’t think anyone saw it coming. If they stay up it won’t be a cause for celebration, it’s just a matter of making sure they’re in the Premier League next season.”

The golf was played at the Close House club, and a statement from CHUF – The Children’s Heart Unit Fund – read as follows:

“John is honoring a long-standing promise to support our charity today. We are hugely grateful to him for his continued support.”

We can fully understand why the fans are up in arms about this, but the game is on Sunday, and there is plenty of time to prepare the team before then.

And remember John has had the team preparing for a full week for each of our last 10 games, and we’ve lost nine of them – so what they do on the training field isn’t working – that’s for sure.

Maybe less training this week – and they’ll even win on Sunday?

• optimistic prime

May 18, 2015 at 11:28 PM

I should be playing golf on Sunday

• lesh

May 18, 2015 at 11:29 PM

There is an upside to Carver’s golfing.

The fact that the players’ll have had two days less of Carver’s wisdom, might just help them play much better against WHU.

• lesh

May 18, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Have the day off, play golf – you deserve the break!

• lesh

May 18, 2015 at 11:32 PM

You have Charnley’s ok to take Saturday off.

• tonynufc

May 18, 2015 at 11:32 PM

In all honesty I can’t see us getting a result again west ham. Also can’t see hull getting more than a point at home to man u. This has got the last relagation scenario all over it where all we needed was a point. So who’s gonna get the own goal this time to send us down.

Also reminds me of the kk Speech. “Love it if we beat them love it”. bit this time wanting man u to win.

Don’t worry lads keep Faith as we all know we have the greatest coach in the premier league.

If there’s a full house which I expect there will b cos we have the greatest fans in the world who don’t expect much and keep turning up in numbers. Hope they get behind the team on Sunday. And God forbid we go down invade pitch and demand answers. Promisis of a fans forum to b brought forward. My Arse. Stewards are useless they will not b able to handle 50000 angry fans. Weather we win or not. Let the players and coaches know how they feel when they lap the pitch. Chose not to say lap of honour cos they have fek all to honour.

• jimmysmith

May 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM

Well, it’s understandable, the biggest hurdle Newcastle will face this weekend among many, is how they handle the pressure, you’d think, and this is not a side or even club that has handles pressure at all well.

On a side note, I see Sterling wants out of Liverpool, and this after the retirement of Gerrard, a generational player, they won’t perhaps ever be able to replace, goes to show that even Liverpool are now clearly, like Spurs, a breed apart from the 4 senior clubs, and the rest of us trailing in their wake and more likely to go down than challenge for Europe. The game is being destroyed by money and money is why Ashley is our owner.

• nightfa11

May 19, 2015 at 12:08 AM

its clear the staff just doesnt give a fu**.. they just dont care anymore.. cool john,,best golfer in the world..enjoy rubbing the stick..and playing with balls..cos your career in football is finished..noone is retarded enough to give you a job after showing you dont know what the f*** you’re doing..youre even poor at finding excusses.. not to mention ashley..he was proven year after year that without quality stuff and good players you just go backwards and backwards..until you fall into coca cola league.. you really are an asshole.. thanks..for buying the club, which means a great deal to many many people all around the world..and even tho you have billions, you can even put money this club generates (which is pocket change for you) back into the club.. fu***** really are one.. but for sports direct and keep promoting 8 year old chinesse kids who work for 5p an hour..its your decided it is..

• Our Toon

May 19, 2015 at 12:42 AM

How much do you know about the Sterling issue with Liverpool?

From what I understand he’s a London lad, he wants to move back to London ideally, more importantly he wants to win trophies which he feels he won’t at Liverpool. Although I think he’s massively overrated he at least wants to achieve things in short footballing career.

As for money in the game my advice is not to be bitter towards players for wanting more, if you have an issue cancel your sky, stop attending football games or better still walk away from the game. I’m glad for the money in the game, we now get some of the best talent in world showcasing there skills in this country.

A player like raheem could get injured tomorrow and never play the game again, money should motivate everyone, it motivates me!!

• Our Toon

May 19, 2015 at 12:45 AM

As for our club we need Raylor to pick up an injury, he’s a piss poor player and has been all his career!!

Riviere oot Cisse in
    Raylor oot Abeid in
    Cabella oot Aarons in
    Gutierriez oot Anita in

Those are the changes I’d make, not fussed if Jonas keeps his place at LB but the other 3 need to be on the bench!!

• usmagpie

May 19, 2015 at 12:53 AM

@Our Toon couldn’t agree with you more.
    Sissoko though goes forward ABEID stays back for when Sissy loses possession.

• Honoured2BNUFC

May 19, 2015 at 12:54 AM

I’m just sick of being the laughing stock in work I live in Wales and am the only fan-and the shit I’ve faced these last few weeks is hard to stomach-sad thing is most of it is Carvers quotes verbatim-I remember a time when we were the everybody’s favorite second team-now its become everyone’s pity club.

• jimmysmith

May 19, 2015 at 12:56 AM

OT, I’m not suggesting Sterling is a merenary, I don’t know the ins and outs of why he wants to leave, it’s not so relevant to the point I’m making, just using his wanting away to a bigger side as showing that even the once all mighty Liverpool are adrift of the top four, and this is because of money, and also, the likes of Ashley are in the game because of that money and the exposure that comes with the EPl and that money.. I’m not against money per se, as much as suggesting how divisive it has been in to our league and our club, in the way it gravitates to the top and not redistributed in a way that encourages greater competition.

• Our Toon

May 19, 2015 at 1:06 AM

I think it’s always been like this in football, however it’s become more apparent in today’s game because so many move freely. Even Man Utd have someone above them in the food chain, I don’t think any player in the world wouldn’t choose a Real Madrid or Barcelona over any other club team in the world. They are truly at the top of the food chain.

• jimmysmith

May 19, 2015 at 1:31 AM

I think if left as is, it will naturally become even more divisive, because the game has been appropriated and reinvented by big money, and this has both it’s pro’s and cons, and does need to be managed fairly in the interests of the game itself. How more deserving is a City, or Chelsea fan, relative to a Newcastle, Sunderland fan, or in turn to a Boro fan, and then a Darlo, or Hartlepools fan. The disparity is now pretty dramatic.

• remember69

May 19, 2015 at 2:52 AM

As much as I hate to say it, I did question the hatred that was targeted toward AP. He may not be the best manager in the world, but he did a good job working with what he had – if you don’t beleve me just ask his fellow managers who vited him manager of the year when the team over-achieved to 5th.
    Well, as they say – be careful what you wish for. The ‘Pardew out’ campainers got exactly what they wanted – Pardew out and a new manager in. I wonder how many of them are now big enough to stand up and admit they were wrong. AP was NEVER the root cause of the problems – it is hard to judge a manager that is not given the tools to build the team he wants.
    The same to some extent can be said of Carver – yes he has failed to strategize and motivate the players he has at his disposal but to be fair to him he is having to work with an even more limited squad than AP.
    At the end of the day we need to get through to the end of the season, stay up, and bring in fresh faces (including a manager) to bring impetus to the club ahead of next season.

• Thump

May 19, 2015 at 3:05 AM

“I don’t think anyone saw it coming”

Want me to dig the posts out about “relegation form”, Alan?

• Thump

May 19, 2015 at 3:06 AM

As a side note: I found Jeff.

• davis_toons

May 19, 2015 at 3:48 AM

Our Toon // May 19, 2015 at 12:45 AM

Riviere oot Cisse in
    Raylor oot Abeid in
    Cabella oot Aarons in
    Gutierriez oot Anita in

10usmagpie // May 19, 2015 at 12:53 AM

@Our Toon couldn’t agree with you more.
    Sissoko though goes forward ABEID stays back for when Sissy loses possession.

• davis_toons

May 19, 2015 at 3:50 AM

Why the Coaches Just doesn’t understand?

And Pls Colo will Replace Wilo for the Man at the End of Dead Ball.

Aim it for Colo..he might even score a goal or two.

• davis_toons

May 19, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Those Dino Coaches inside Newcastle thinks that As long As you are Tall Enough You Are Good Enough for Dead Ball.

BUT ..!!! This is NOT THE CASE WITH Williamson AND They dont care and insisted on their Philosophy.

What can we do about it?

Those Coaches needed to be Change

• Reyantoon

May 19, 2015 at 4:07 AM

I decided not to post again until I see us safe from embarrassing disaster but the days are getting longer for me.
    I still believe things will settle and get back to normal once we get safe.Although our safety is deeply hanging by needle thread.Whether things will change or not, the upcoming summer will tell us every thing.I also believe our fate will be decided by Man utd result, hopefully will be mu win or draw.Van Gaal is one of serious coaches as far as I know,that don’t like to lose a game,no matter what the meaning of the game is.So hopefully the players will play with desire.If Sunderland win tomorrow, that is moral boosting for both of us.I won’t watch our game.My eyes and my heart will be at Hull-man utd game.We don’t deserve to be in the PL next season anyway but never wish Newcastle utd to be relegated!
    I never watched Nu or other team collapsed & dived in to hell like this.But remember,we are in this incredible free fall mainly b/c of our poor & dull coach!!
    If I were Mike,I’d have sacked him immediately after Swansea loss back in April!

• theartfuldodger

May 19, 2015 at 4:13 AM

Be careful what you wish for.
    Ashley might sack Carver and hire the circus clown out of spite.

Atleast Carver would keep you in the championship, the clown would relegate you furthur.

On a serious note, this whole episode has united fans more than ever before. Thats the purpose Pardew Out has achieved. It has exposed Ashley like never before.

• Reyantoon

May 19, 2015 at 4:41 AM

If Sunderland were to lose,hopefully will be by heavy margin.So that we at least can fight for scrappy draw.

• lochinvar

May 19, 2015 at 4:50 AM

Carver wasn’t playing golf with Ant and Dec he was interviewing them for new coaching jobs

• lochinvar

May 19, 2015 at 5:01 AM

Just as you thought it was safe to go back in the water
    Short-term lender Wonga has swapped its controversial puppets for “hard-working dinner ladies and mums” as it bids to reinvent itself with new adverts.
    The lender, which recently announced a pre-tax loss of £37.3m in 2014, said the new ads would steer clear of the young and vulnerable.

How very thoughtful.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 19, 2015 at 5:22 AM

I’v been banging about about Ashley for the past 4 years or so whilst there was a campain of hate towards Pardew which through my eyes was a comp[lete waste of time. And there is nee unite either! Just an all of a sudden scramble to remove Ashley since Carver has went on a bad run..

This campaign against Ashley should of started months ago first and foremost, not beat a bloke with his hands tied behind his back, yes man or not. We are worse off for it. That much is true, there is no getting away from that.

Remove Ashley, you remove his decisions. It’s not rocket science. And the same goes with Carver. Already, there is far too much vitriol aimed at him when it should be one way traffic towards Ashley for appointing him.

I’v said it before, it’s bizaare how much time and effort some fans put into actually slating the manager, it’s a complete waste of time. If people want to complain, why not hurl it at the man who pulls the strings and make the effort to get him oot rather than attack the yes men who Ashley has dangling to take the stick?

He must be laughing his barnet off, Ashley.

Even when there is a campaign, a very public campaign against Ashley, you get people behaving or over obsessing over the manager. I’v watched it on here for 4-5 years now.

One word for me, bizaare.

• Jail for Ashley

May 19, 2015 at 5:45 AM

Goingbround in circles here but with AP at the helm an AO campaign would never have gotten off the ground.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 19, 2015 at 5:53 AM

It should of though. It shouldn’t of involved him to start with, it should of happened regardless of who was the head coach at the club. It should of been towards Ashley from the off.

How people couldn’t see that Mike Ashley was going to bring someone in either the same or poorer going from his previous appointments really is astounding to me. I seen talk of foreign technical coaches coming in and was thinking to myself, are people actually paying attention to the same club as me here?? What on earth were people thinking that Ashley would do this going off the 8 years he has been in charge?

He hadn’t made one decent appointment since Keegan and Mort. Infact it was a disgrace. When he hired Kinnear that is all anyone ever needed to know about who could come in and manage us in the future.

Madness, complete madness.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

May 19, 2015 at 6:04 AM

TP…then put the pressure on both Ashley to appoint someone better and pressure on anyone coming here to not take advantage of us and the situation!

It was always going to be a double edge sword – but since we won’t address this as a situation but merely a one man problem I don’t see this going away even if Ashley leaves…

…someone else will buy the club, maybe someone just ad bad but we will still be rotten to the core.

• expatmag

May 19, 2015 at 6:21 AM

The only way to solve the money issued clubs is for them to all piss off from their own leagues and formulate their own european superleague.

This would give the also rans a fairer chance of winning trophies in their individual home leagues, especially of the following happens:

1….Salary caps brought in.
    2. Transfer fee caps introduced
    3…..Super league teams not allowed into home cup competitions
    4…..More emphasis and prize money by EUFA and FIFA for lesser known european cup comps.

• expatmag

May 19, 2015 at 6:28 AM

It is all fair and well to say get rid if Mike Ashley and the twat might actually want to go himself but there has to be someone who is ready to stump up at least 250 million quid out there for a PL club in an unfashionable area and as far as I can see, there isnt a huge queue ready to rake on the task of getting us back on our feet.

• The overrated Frenchman

May 19, 2015 at 6:31 AM

It’s not a good feeling when the club you’ve supported all your life gives you no pleasure, no pride, no sense of joy at all. I wish I could flick a switch and turn it off. I must admit though, I’ve felt like this even before the Ashley era. It’s been a long time since this club has been an honourable institution, in my opinion…

• bobby mango

May 19, 2015 at 6:57 AM

Frenchman -It’s not a good feeling when the club you’ve supported all your life gives you no pleasure, no pride, no sense of joy at all. I wish I could flick a switch and turn it off.

So true! I’ve been saying this for quite a while and have tried to distance myself but get sucked back in. I’ve made a deal with myself, if we go down or if Carver gets the job permanently I’m done until Ashley is gone.
    That’s my promise to myself and it a sad way I hope it happens. I’ll be happier without the club in my life.
    It’s a lot easier said than done though… I can imagine myself still being tortured next year, with Carver managing them to championship relegation.

• Lindisfarne

May 19, 2015 at 7:21 AM

“Newcastle United have just 81 days to get their house in order for next season” says the Chronic

In reality that is minus a two week holiday making it 67 and at least every Sunday off so say 58 days, which makes nine weeks. One appointment each week should be about right.

• sing in the corner

May 19, 2015 at 7:22 AM

Our Toon

Good shout on the midfield selections, its plain to see Abeid, Aarons andCisse are far better options than the other 3. I’m more 50/50 about Anita / Guti…
    On the money topic:
    Of course money is a motivator but in my opinion you put it too simply. Money is one motivator but where everyone differs is to what extent? To the detriment of everything else in life? Not wholly, I would suggest. I would agree with the angle that the only way to stabilise the gravy train is too cap wages, cap spending in whatever way works. Teams like Madrid, Barca, Man City top of the food chain? What is everyone else to do then in terms of competition? wait for them to kindly abdicate? Some form of limit is the only way. Or competition can never truly exist.

• John Tudor

May 19, 2015 at 7:50 AM

we cannot compete with notts county never mind swansea or soton

• stan anderson

May 19, 2015 at 7:50 AM

Has’nt the buffoon banned players from reading papers and watching telly ffs.What i they gonna do now ?
    They could play golf i suppose.
    The man is deluded to think they would miss Corrie or Enders because he says so.
    You could’nt make it up.
    Ashley OOT.

• Mag52

May 19, 2015 at 7:59 AM

‘Sack Pardew’ was totally misguided and served no purpose other than to deflect the abuse Ashley should have been getting on to the guy who would have us sitting comfortably around tenth or eleventh place in the division about now.
    ‘Ashley Out’ on the other hand is just what is needed. It must be pursued with increasing vehemence, to include and emphasize SD, until the leech can’t take it anymore.

• John Tudor