An Absolute Circus At Newcastle – Club Is An Embarrassment

I had my monthly call-in with my (older) brother Rod today who’s in Newcastle, and of course we did get around to the situation at Newcastle, and Rod hit the nail on the head in his analysis of the situation by saying – “you know, if we go down we deserve it”

don hutchison _poster

Don Hutchinson 44 year-old born in Gateshead

Don Hutchinson has said it in more emphatic terms today,  when he put this out on his Twitter account:

Says it all really.
What an absolute circus at NUFC.
The club is an embarrassment.

Maybe the only way we can stay up is for Manchester United to be in form at Hull City next Sunday and win or even draw, but strange results tend to happen at the end of the season.

After all,  who would have thought West Brom would beat Chelsea 3-0 at the Hawthorns last night?

So West Brom have won 1-0 at Old Trafford and 3-0 against the Premier League Champions in two of their last three games, and they must be kicking themselves they are the only team in the last ten games who haven’t beaten Newcastle United – the worst performing team in the Premier League this year.

It pays to hire an experienced manager when you are in relegation trouble, and it seems to have paid off for Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Sunderland, and of course West Brom and Tony Pulis.

The Baggies are on 44 points – 8 points above Newcastle – but Alan Pardew has Palace 9 points above Newcastle after beating Liverpool 3-1 at Anfield last weekend – and to think at the beginning of the year we were 10 points above Palace.

And Newcastle stuck with the inexperienced John Carver, when it was so obvious he was in way over his head as the head coach.

🙁

The Red Devils are at least going to be 4th top of the Premier League and in the Champions League next season, , and they only have a chance of third place if Sunderland can beat Arsenal at the Emirates tomorrow night – which would also make them safe – in fact one point would see them safe.

And Louis van Gaal could field some of his fringe and younger players on Sunday at Hull to take a look at them.

I’ve said it before – if Newcastle do get relegated, books will be written on the complete incompetence of the club’s upper management over the last six months,  when they missed opportunity after opportunity to save themselves.

As Rod says – if we do go down we’ll deserve it.

• hibbit

May 19, 2015 at 9:05 PM

ed why didnt you phone your brother sooner instead of putting up the rubbish you have we have told you for weeks you were of the pace one call from rod and its all clicked

• lochinvar

May 19, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Looks like Sheringham is being lined up as Manager for Stevenage…..suggest they would be better looking for a top class proven Premier League expert such as……..suggestions please on a Post Card to NUFC

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:06 PM

I think Van Gal will still field a full strength team Ed.

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Where’s Graham Westley gone ?

• Transfer Sage

May 19, 2015 at 9:07 PM

I think Man Utd might field a weake team, take a look at some younger plays, it’s something fans like to see especially if there is nothing left to play for.

• Mister Tuff

May 19, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Interesting that John Irving the Finance Director has quit. Also apparently his assistant is going to Man City.
    Might just be a natural employment progression. I hope that they have not found something dodgy in the accounts!

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Needless to say that I have lost any respect for AO as an organisation and will no longer be supporting them in any capacity.

To know the sort of lads they are some of you should know a few things:

1) They are season ticket holders.

2) They have renewed their season tickets for next season.

3) They fully intend to use their season tickets next season, regardless of what happens.

I have previously sat on this information as I didn’t want to give people any reason to doubt them, but how are we expected to take an anti-Ashley protest group seriously when it is run by people who not only pay him for the pleasure of doing so, but fully insist on still doing it next season!

• roblee7

May 19, 2015 at 9:11 PM

If anyone wants a vintage shirt instead of the new one, check my site dogonthepitch.co.uk

Apologies for the mini ad, just had to get it in there 😉 all shirts original, not these modern repros

• Transfer Sage

May 19, 2015 at 9:11 PM

Tuff

The article also stated Irving was a life long fan, surely a fn would want to work for the best interest of the team he supports….if he is outlining plans to improve commercial partners, sell advertising, finance deals for certain players and then Ashley is telling him no even though it benefits the club he might have walked away.

Or could be one of the two options you said, I imagine Newcastle airport will be paying him a decent wage, much more than zero hour Cashley.

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:12 PM

It’s very likely if John’s a Newcastle fan he got fed up?.

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:12 PM

I’m pretty certain Van Gaal will field a considerably weakened team.

I fully expect Hull to win at the weekend.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 19, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Ah Ed man
    Sorry Belfast

What a day of PR shambles from the club…

First they release a kit that’s already out of date through little more than a lack of communication…..sounds familiar eh

Then Sissoko, who supposedly on the clubs media ban, had taken the most of a bizarrely given day off so carver can take part in a good day, has instead given an all too familiar “win at all costs” interview, pleading with fans and players to unite
    Shame he’s been AWOL since Jan

The club is a shell and little more than a national joke, i fear the writings on the wall….
    The fans know it
    The players know it
    The pundits know it
    The papers know it
    And most importantly Ashley knows it, hence the kit “leak” (and the BS about Wonga changing the logo to late to recall the kits….yeah right) and pushing the pre orders at a staggering £52 for a kit that’s already out of date in a desperate attempt to claw every last penny he can before the fans say enough and his cash cow keels over

And now board members are abounding Ashley?
    Says it all, they know the clubs rotten

8 years to destroy 123 years of history, tradition, hopes and dreams…

Canny stuff that Mike

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Are they still attending games at the moment Ruddy ?

• Mister Tuff

May 19, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Transfer/Belfast – you made indeed be right -I would guess that Newcastle Airport is growing finacially and would probably pay better wages than Tubbs.
    I only included my alternative potential as it could be a possibility, however improbable.
    Accountants/auditors sometimes leave employments due to dodgy dealings which they refuse to condone.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 19, 2015 at 9:18 PM

De Gea’s probably already on a plane and Valdes looks like he’s been hanging out with Stevie Taylor and Rob Elliot….

Can’t see Manure putting out a full team away
    Mind you that Wilsonlad likes scoring when given a run out so fingers crossed

• Mister Tuff

May 19, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Joke of a club -falling apart at the seams.

• Average_Contents

May 19, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Hang on ed. I thought it was the fans fault?

Belfast

I couldn’t help it. Needed to be said. If they have then boo hoo lol

Psni eh? Lovely bunch of chaps 😉

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Belfats

Not familiar with their game to game attendance record. They’re aim is to get Ashley to change his ways and spend a few quid so they can slip quietly into the background again.

Just like with the Pardew campaign, they’re sheer opportunists.

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:27 PM

*Their

• dave 1961

May 19, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Ciaran @ 7

just checked out your claim about the lads from Ashley out .com are you aware how many people are involved i dont have the figures but its 100’s and i can assure you many have cancelled their tickets losing a lot of money doing so as they had part paid for next year some have renewed most have not some have been boycotting for years i know members and i can assure you they have not renewed but cancelled tickets, and i have just checked now with one of them.

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Dave

Had discussions with people who have met those who are claiming to run the campaign and they have stated what I have said.

100s of people do not run Ashley Out – how could they, you’d get nothing done!

• BandB

May 19, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Ciaran

I imagine you are angry.
    There will be plenty of people who will want to see the drive against Ashley collapse just so they can have a laugh about it.
    You represent a strong anti-Ashley opinion and I don’t care what they want. I care what we want.
    Please don’t be egged into discrediting the whole thing while you are angry.

• dave 1961

May 19, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Ciaran

My brothers one of them so i know and their is 100’s he says who ever is feeding you the info is doing it to for other reasons than to get Ashley out.

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:37 PM

BandB

They’ve discredited themselves.

The movement remains valid, but they are not up to the task of carrying it out. If they were, they’d have suggested something more meaningful and productive than sitting in your seat at full time for crying out loud.

So far, they have backed another person’s idea for a boycott, handed out a few leaflets, retracted their support for boycotting, and suggested sitting in your seat.

Militant these lads are not. Scared, clueless, sensitive, insecure, deceitful? Perhaps.

• Transfer Sage

May 19, 2015 at 9:37 PM

dave1961

without trying to stick my foot in my mouth surely there may be 100s involved but not 100s running the website and organising what action to take?

again, not trying to speak out of turn as you know people involved

• Average_Contents

May 19, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Ciaran

Not saying your info is correct or incorrect but how do you know this to be 100% accurate?

It does sound suspiciously like an attempt to tarnish those behind the scenes by someone who’s bitter (not saying you, just like Chinese whispers spreads) about the success they’ve managed to achieve in such a short period of time. Almost like a pub rumour that’s started as a whisper by someone who knows someone who knows them.

• dave 1961

May 19, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Transfer Sage

That’s what i was told 100’s as in more than 100 but he would not say how many in total.
    the sit in was organized for those who will not boycott but still want to protest.

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Dave

I could say my brother is one of them but that wouldn’t make my information any more valid either.

The information I have received has come from a reliable source, someone who has met with the leaders of AO – of which there are not 100s.

Those leading the campaign are ST holders, and are not cancelling.

I could also very well claim that your info is designed to simply invalidate mine as a defense of this rather sensitive issue surrounding AO – but I wouldn’t do that.

• Average_Contents

May 19, 2015 at 9:43 PM

By the way. My last post was written before I seen any others.

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Listen to the self appointed blog Queen Ciaran. See no evil hear no evil.

I apologise for egging you on mate.

• BandB

May 19, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Ciaran

I know the boycott wasn’t their idea. And that everything since has involved in-ground participation.
    It would be sad to see representatives of different fan groups falling out, especially after being egged on by people who are only really out for a laugh.
    I am not affiliated to them, and I still think an empty seat makes the loudest protest.

• lesh

May 19, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Mr Tuff

I can’t see ‘dodgy dealings’ as the reason for Irving and his assistant bailing out.

I’d imagine it’s career development, moving to businesses that are on the up – no pun intended as far as Newcastle Airport’s concerned.

They’ll have seen at first hand a business that’s run badly by an owner who’s so hands on it must give them no scope for innovative thinking in what is clearly not a growing business.

Oh, and let’s not overlook the fact that Charnley is MD and he’s as dynamic as a cow-part and relies on Ashley for his instructions – a messenger.

All in all, and let’s not forget that Pardew bailed out when he saw the writing on the wall, Ashley’s senior staff have more to gain in their careers by moving to businesses that are developing and growing – it looks better on a CV to be associated with success rather than failure.

Ashley has done more damage in eight years than anyone could have imagined possible.

He’s a disgrace and I don’t like to wish ill on people but if he were to suffer an event that forced him to get out, it might be a blessing for more than just the long-suffering fans of Newcastle United.

Come on Karma, we need your help!

• Average_Contents

May 19, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Ciaran

You said your friends had met those “claiming” to be AO.

How does he/she/them know they definitely 100% were what they claimed to be and not just some waffler in a pub. No offence meant obviously. What you say could be true.

I just don’t believe it 😀

• BandB

May 19, 2015 at 9:48 PM

What or you in this for Belfast?

You dragged me into an exchange with Mactoon the other night. Now you are gleefully urging Ciaran to damage Ashley.Out.

I am a self-appointed nothing. Won’t it be a hoot for you if thousands of people lose faith in the anti-Ashley protests.

You spiteful and silly little man.

• dave 1961

May 19, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Ciaran

You are wrong some are season ticket holders some are not some will renew some have cancelled if you think I’m telling porkies wait until they release the top later in the week i have seen it it has three black stripes, it is made by Adidas it has a badge on the left with a well known bird on it it has a red one on the right with something the city is famous for.

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:50 PM

I have nothing to gain in spreading malicious rumours. I had distanced myself from MAOC when I became a NUST board member, and I have since stepped down from the board to concentrate on my exams. I am affiliated with no one.

I maintain contacts, and I know my information to be reliable. It sound dodgy when someone protects their sources, as it conveys the impression of “bullshit” but I must take that criticism given that I am not going to betray my source.

These people are not what they convey themselves to be. I want to achieve Ashley Out, but it must be done for the good of the club, not for the good of opportunistic cowards.

• lesh

May 19, 2015 at 9:51 PM

BandB, Average, Dave

You’re wasting wise words on Ciaren – he’s an angry bunny who wants to lead the revolution and fails to see that some things take time – like campaigning to have Carver installed as HC!

• Deji adesoga

May 19, 2015 at 9:53 PM

CIARAN

I don’t agree,if Ashley Out engage in any form of protest before the game,they will be blamed for our relegation.
    ED even thinks they are the ones to blame for pardews departure there by putting us in this position.

The AO campaign have done really well so far,so just shut your mouth.Your negativity knows no bound.

• chenz7

May 19, 2015 at 9:53 PM

don hutcinson can go f%c* ofnd die a nasty death …the mixwd up horid twat …Geordie who kisses the scum badge and dances round sjp revelling in a scum victory over I hate that man with an amount of venom that is indescribable ….how can nufc blog even consider putting treatures views on here