More Incompetence And Embarassment For Newcastle

Today Newcastle United revealed their new home strip today and it can now be pre-ordered, and the lads will wear the new strip on Sunday against West Ham, in what may be our last game in the Premier League depending on the result between Hull City and Manchester United.

Hopefully we will remain a PL club at 6:00 pm on Sunday evening.

nufc kit 2

Newcastle strip with old Wonga logo

However, Wonga have just revealed their new logo for Wonga.com – and yes – you guessed it – Newcastle have the old logo on their shirts.

It’s embarrassing for both Newcastle and Wonga,  that there wasn’t enough communication between the two sides about what each was doing – but it’s classic it happened on the exact same day.

When Newcastle officials heard of the new Wonga logo – there was not enough time apparently  to change the logo for the kit, which is manufactured by Puma.

Newcastle are due to wear the strips in the final game against West Ham on Sunday – so it’s a good question whether Puma can get the new logo on the shirts  before then.

This is what a  spokesman for Wonga said:

“The issue was due to the production schedule.”

OK – so it doesn’t look like the new logo will be on the shirts on Sunday.

But at a time when Newcastle are taking heat for being in such a complete mess,  this is yet another embarrassment for those who are running the club.

The new Wonga logo takes off the .com – the W is white on a blue background and remaining letters are blue on a white background. – you can see it here on the Wonga web-site at the top left hand corner.

• optimistic prime

May 19, 2015 at 11:02 PM

URGH

• optimistic prime

May 19, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Saying that those blue stripes will give our players the illusion of movement to confuse the opposition, genius.

• Mint

May 19, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Just take us down already! We will burn all your cash up and send you on your way!

• toonarmydownsouth

May 19, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Surely they have all summer….

• Graeme

May 19, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Does the term “Piss up” and “Brewery” spring to mind??

Our Illustrious Owner, or hid MD didn’t check with the club’s MAIN SPONSOR that the clubs new shirt met their requirements?? It simply beggars belief that the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.

It simply confirms the Total Incompetance so obvious at every level of NUFC. Inept simply doesn’t come close to describing how bad they really are!!!

HWTF

• BandB

May 19, 2015 at 11:10 PM

OP

Go faster stripes for Raylor?

• BandB

May 19, 2015 at 11:10 PM

HWTF

• Gleese

May 19, 2015 at 11:14 PM

repost:

Question lads, I’m in a dilemma as to what to hope for results-wise tomorrow….

is it better for us if sunderland beat arsenal so that united will field a full strength team and van gaal will go for the win on sunday to get 3rd so they can avoid the champs league qualifiers next season or….

arsenal absolutely spank sunderland to try and get their goal difference worse than ours so we can draw and stay up on sunday!

i can’t decide

How sad that its come to this scenario!

• bettyswallocks

May 19, 2015 at 11:16 PM

BandB and Ibiza

Don’t allow one over aggressive militant to dishearten you.

There is a good strong following now to get Ashley out which is democratic and working well. Your efforts have helped this movement massively.

• Sir Braveheart

May 19, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Repost – Ed’s just trying to catch me out with my timing.

I don’t want to just see 11 players in black and white stripes running around the pitch, if I wanted that I’d just go down the road and watch Notts County (the other Magpies). I don’t even want to see my team winning, although it would be nice. BandB hit’s the nail on the head for me. I want my family back.

I want a club that is at least trying, that isn’t imploding from within and fracturing the fan base. I didn’t fall in love with the club because we were successful (obviously) or because we were entertaining, it wasn’t even the football if I’m honest, it was that on a match day when I could travel up I would walk into that stadium and see people from all walks of life, different ages, races, genders, sexualities, social classes and cultures, all together, for one reason. At a time when I felt like I had no identity, this family gave me one. At a time when I didn’t know who I was this family told me I was one of them. At a time when I felt my voice was never heard, cheering with 50,000 others made me feel like the world could hear me. That is why I fell in love with the club, because of the fans.

I see how that broken dysfunctional family is turning on itself and I hate it, I hate Ashley for taking that away. I hate the fans for not coming together, I hate the fact that there’s no one able to unite us together again. It breaks my heart to see things like this.

I just want my family back. I don’t want the glory, the honours or the success.

And one last thing…..HWTF.

As well as working full time I’m a student, studying for a degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy, my free time is taken up with seeing clients, supervision, assignments, personal therapy as well as trying to be a husband and have any kind of social life (doesn’t work), so I can’t be as involved as I’d like to be, I just have no time. But I’ll be dammed if I’m going to stop doing what I can.

“There can be no victory, all we can do is find a place where we can make our stand, and if you’re very lucky, you find someone willing to stand with you”

I’ll stand alone if I have to, but I’ll continue to stand, because the alternative is to walk away, and I can’t do that.

HWTF

Howay The Flocking Fans!!