This Championship Manager A Great Choice For Newcastle

Slavisa Jokanovic is having trouble reaching an agreement on a new deal at Watford, after the Serbian did a great job last season when he only came in last October and got them an automatic promotion spot,  and almost had them promoted as Champions of the Championship.

Slavisa Jokanovic

Slavisa Jokanovic – got Watford promoted at his first attempt

The Watford Observer is reporting that the difficulty in reaching an agreement is through Jokanovic’s wage demands – and the club and the coach have been at an impasse since the regular season ended.

He has an excellent record at Vicarage Road and in 36 games managed he has won 21 for a win rate of 58.3% and that’s a lot better than John Carver’s win rate at Newcastle is this year.

John has won two in 19 games managed for a win rate of 10.5%.

Jokanovic’ deal runs out soon, since he agreed to manage Watford until the end of the season – and his record is very good – so why wouldn’t Newcastle try to sign him,  whether or not we stay in the Premier League?

Newcastle need to stop appointing people to positions in the club for which they are not qualified, and in just over a year we have promoted two from within – Lee Charnley and John Carver – and they have both been disasters – and we could soon be a Championship club again.

Newcastle shouldn’t let sentiment get in the way of appointing good people who have good records, and can even be successful at Newcastle – and yes – that would be a new concept at the  Tyneside club.

Newcastle are still the richest club in the world and can pay high wages for good people, and even if we are relegated, why wouldn’t Newcastle appoint Jokanovic, who now knows the Championship clubs and did great at Watford.

He would be so much better than the alternative – which may still be John Carver – but that may not happen because of the way the people at the top seem to make their decisions.

Without any logic.

• clinath@ed

May 19, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Newcastle are still the richest club in the world……when did that happen Ed.?

• Thump

May 19, 2015 at 8:34 PM

@clinath: I think Ed’s been playing with the FM Editor, mate.

• hibbit

May 19, 2015 at 8:36 PM

DON’T WEAR WONGA boycott the new shirts

• ronaldo aarons

May 19, 2015 at 8:37 PM

I’ll be honest and admit I don’t know too much about this guy. Regarding the last article, I’ve seen mitrovic play a couple of times and I don’t know if it’s just me but i would prefer to go for someone else. That’s if we are actually after him knowing how our lot operate. He seems like a bad egg and can be quite reluctant to put the work in although he does have some good strength from what I’ve seen. I think we missed a trick with not getting arkadiusz milik, I think his move to Ajax is being made permanent this summer for less than 5 million.

• clinath@ed

May 19, 2015 at 8:37 PM

FM manager? What’s that then Thump?

• Transfer Sage

May 19, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Maybe that is why we won’t sign him, I doubt we would offer him the wages he would want.

• Mister Tuff

May 19, 2015 at 8:39 PM

BandB – did you mean a film star?

Niafron – I wish my French was as good as your English. I’m trying to brush up at bit as we’re off for a fortnights holidays just outside of Carcassonne in a couple of months time.

You have correctly identified an english trait of putting up with rubbish.
    We are conditioned to wait in queues for hours and obey silly rules.

• dave 1961

May 19, 2015 at 8:39 PM

The Ashley out lads have a shirt coming out this week made by Adidas cheaper and better quality and all profit going to charity i will comment on it when i see it. in about half an hour.

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 8:40 PM

I’ve made my feelings known on the AO page and have since been blocked.

I wasn’t abusive. I wasn’t aggressive. I questioned the merits of their protest and was silenced.

Support the team. Not the regime is their mantra.

Our club is no longer worth fighting for, so it’s no wonder our fans aren’t willing to fight.

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 8:41 PM

They had four managers in one season Ed. He done a good job, but was it all his own doing ? I’m not so sure.

• Transfer Sage

May 19, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Tuff and Niafron

Very true, the French do not take rubbish from higher ups, whether it is goverment or other authority. They tend to stand up for what they beleive in more.

Typically us English complain a hell of a lot but then do very little about it, in fact most of the time people end up not only accepting it but nearly agreeing with the need to change for the worse…it’s madness.

Just speaking in general terms here but the French and Italians, flowing down across Greece/Turkey too, tend to have a lot more passion and get involved with issues much more.

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 8:44 PM

That wasnt very democratic Ciaran lol

• Transfer Sage

May 19, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Ciaran

I do understand the merits of a sit in for the simple reason that no matter what happens at the very least 30,000 will turn up and not boycott….therefore their presence might as well be used to cause maximum disruption.

Hell I would even commend fans for taking to the pitch in a peaceful manner like they did at blackpool, you can be damn sure the premier league will have a lot more bit in their punishment that the football league did….they won’t want to see their “brand” tarnished. Fans protesting is no where near as important to them as all the world wide TV money.

• niafron

May 19, 2015 at 8:46 PM

Well, to be honnest, being a disciplined people could be usefull time to time…

I hope you’ll never see how the crowd get on the bus or the trains in France, it’s just a shame.

I went to London when i was a young boy, will never forget how people calmly w

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Sage

Does questioning their merits deserve having my opinion silenced and blocked from their page?

• niafron

May 19, 2015 at 8:48 PM

… calmly waited their turn to get on your high red bus.

I just thought: “those people are sublime, respect isn’t just a word over here!”

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 8:50 PM

Average contents will be getting blocked too

• Transfer Sage

May 19, 2015 at 8:51 PM

ronaldo aarons – from that article

“His decision to jump ship could not have come at a worse time with Newcastle’s hierarchy desperately revising budgets nd financial plans in fear of relegation from the Premier League.

To make matters worse, Irving’s assistant David Gilroy is heading to Manchester City, leaving Ashley and Charnley to search for two senior figures.”

Look how many are jumping ship now, these two followed Parde out (who would rather manager a club which at the time looked a relegation favourite).

Says it all about how Ashley runs things when a Newcasle Fan in Irving leaves a senior role in the club to go work at Newcastle Airport.

• dave 1961

May 19, 2015 at 8:51 PM

I have seen the Ashleyout.com top and its more tasteful than the official one and its under £30 no loan shark on the front and no blue. i will get these tops.

• roblee7

May 19, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Transfer Sage / Niafron – 100% agree. We are slaves to the system here in the UK. Will be fed any rubbish and accept it. Same applies with our food, speaking of being fed. I doubt many families in France and Italy are feeding their families with the frozen rubbish we get here in the UK. Niafron, I am very jealous of you living in France. I hope to live there one day…a house in the Dordogne region would do just nicely 🙂

• Transfer Sage

May 19, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Ciaran

Of course not, not claiming that it does…just stating that I do see some reasoning behind their form of protest this week although it is kind of a compromise for fans not willing to boycott.

In my opinion if you stop people questioning ideas then you stop moving forwards, for every 1000 idiots questioning a decision there is at least 1 person who can take things forward.

(not saying you are 1 of the 1000 idiots or the chosen 1 to take it forward haha)

• toonarmydownsouth

May 19, 2015 at 8:54 PM

What a day of PR shambles from the club…

First they release a kit that’s already out of date through little more than a lack of communication…..sounds familiar eh

Then Sissoko, who supposedly on the clubs media ban, had taken the most of a bizarrely given day off so carver can take part in a good day, has instead given an all too familiar “win at all costs” interview, pleading with fans and players to unite
    Shame he’s been AWOL since Jan

The club is a shell and little more than a national joke, i fear the writings on the wall….
    The fans know it
    The players know it
    The pundits know it
    The papers know it
    And most importantly Ashley knows it, hence the kit “leak” (and the BS about Wonga changing the logo to late to recall the kits….yeah right) and pushing the pre orders at a staggering £52 for a kit that’s already out of date in a desperate attempt to claw every last penny he can before the fans say enough and his cash cow keels over

• dave 1961

May 19, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Transfer Sage

Its class his brand is getting trashed now Fatty has to jump ship soon or take his beloved company down with him hes become toxic.

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Needless to say that I have lost any respect for AO as an organisation and will no longer be supporting them in any capacity.

To know the sort of lads they are some of you should know a few things:

1) They are season ticket holders.

2) They have renewed their season tickets for next season.

3) They fully intend to use their season tickets next season, regardless of what happens.

I have previously sat on this information as I didn’t want to give people any reason to doubt them, but how are we expected to take an anti-Ashley protest group seriously when it is run by people who not only pay him for the pleasure of doing so, but fully insist on still doing it next season!

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Is that an exclusive Ciaran haha

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:00 PM

You’ll be getting kneecapped you tout 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

May 19, 2015 at 9:01 PM

And now board members are abounding Ashley?
    Says it all, they know the clubs rotten

8 years to destroy 123 years of history, tradition, hopes and dreams…

Canny stuff that Mike

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Bellyfats

P- eople
    S- hould
    N – ot
    I- nform

P.S There genuinely is a sign that says that on lamp post in my local village! haha

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:03 PM

I bought a retro shirt for 19.99 last season TADS lol I’ll be doing the same again this season. 30 quid cheaper

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Repost that on the next thread Ruddy

• toonarmydownsouth

May 19, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Belfast
    Same as mate, got meself the 95/96 away kit off eBay

• Ciaran

May 19, 2015 at 9:06 PM

Which one? The exclusive or the humorous acronym?

• Belfast

May 19, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Exclusive

• mickalfas

May 20, 2015 at 6:46 AM

You can speculate all you want Ed ,we all know carver will be in charge next year ,more of the same shite ,he needs more time ,bad luck on the injury front
    The club are a complete joke at the moment
    Hope and pray I’m wrong