The Simple Permutation for Hull And Newcastle’s Safety

There is a very simple way of looking at the results of the matches of Newcastle vs West Ham and Hull City vs Manchester United on Sunday to see who goes down.

john carver in dugout

Maybe John will be smiling like this at the final whistle on Sunday?

Hull are two points behind Newcastle with a much better goal difference so here’s how to decide who takes the drop:

• If Newcastle win they are safe.
  • If Hull win and Newcastle don’t win Hull are safe.

It’s as easy and as simple as that – basically if Newcastle draw it means nothing and it’s no better than a defeat – and a draw is also as good as a defeat for Hull.

Hull must win to stay up but Newcastle don’t have to win to stay up.

On SkyBet Hull are 1/7 odds on to go down, and Newcastle are 9/2 to go down.

It’s still in Newcastle’s hands to save themselves but we need a win, which we haven’t had for over 11 weeks.

Here are the league placings at the bottom

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
Crystal Palace38-1242
16Bournemouth38-2242
17Sunderland38-1439
18Newcastle38-2137
19 Norwich38-2834
20Aston Villa38-4917

Howay the Lads!!

• scout

May 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Been thinking is it worth chucking 100 notes on us to go down at 5/1. At least if we do you’re 500 notes ahead.

• Pokat

May 21, 2015 at 5:31 PM

OK here’s nufcdirect.com homepage.

Tell me, does anyone not get annoyed at that slogan “divided we are weak, United we are strong”? Am I being overly cynical here or is the PR machine busting it’s nads to get the wayward rebellious fans back on board?

• Pokat

May 21, 2015 at 5:36 PM

I’m right though, Aren’t I? Tame Slogan Using Naff Kit Idea? Paranoid? Maybe. But it doesn’t mean we’re not having our minds messed with lol

• Average_Contents

May 21, 2015 at 5:38 PM

County down magpie

Love that video and it still gives me tingles watching it even though I’ve seen it 100’s of times before.

Shame we’ll never get that back. The passion.

• Average_Contents

May 21, 2015 at 5:39 PM

*the passion and and the pride.

We’ve been sucked dry.

• BandB

May 21, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Hell’s Bells Ed.

We KNOW what the odds are!

I know the poll result isn’t what you would like to see.

But we don’t get to vote on the real result, man. And the odds don’t decide who wins either.

If our team kicks the ball in the goal more often than their team does we’ll win them.

It isn’t about sticking one up the Ashley Out “mob” on Sunday either (although you’d honestly think it was)

It is about winning a football match against some people from London.

• Average_Contents

May 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM

BandB

Them people from London include fat sham who loves to get one over on us with the added bonus it’d help send us down and of course the mighty Nolan who’s one goal shy of the 100 club.

I fear the scripts already been written.

Unfortunately for us it’s been penned by the slug.

• Pokat

May 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Bandb I think you’re on to something maybe a fresh approach to the coaching methodology haha

Right lads it’s backs to the wall last week in the premier league for a very long time for this club so let’s try this in training. We’ll get everybody at the club who’s allowed to play football and make two teams. The team who’s got the ball has to try it’s best not to let the other team have it back and keep passing it around until it eventually goes in their goal. The team who hasn’t got the ball run around after it until they are stupid enough to let you have it. When you get it, do what they were doing only don’t make the mistake they did. We’ll practice that for 15 minutes then swap 2 players on each team, do that for 15 minutes, and do on. The team that does the bestest of all plays on sunday.

I think I’ll apply for the job ha ha

• Pokat

May 21, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Tbf it’s understandable that nobody reads my posts anymore lol

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Some honey badgers in the West Ham players’ underpants might give us a slight edge. 😯

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Is there a post match fonging planned for any Newcastle management who actually have the nads to show up at the game? These things take detailed planning mates.

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM

What was that Pokat mate? Did you post something? 😆

• Pokat

May 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Geordie two yep apparently but my rapist wit cuts no ice with the blog illuminati ha ha ha

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

For Sunday it’s time to break out the crusty old battle thongs mates (and desert camo vests if you have them). Go to the ground and protest loud and proud. Harrumph.

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Never say you’ve been sucked dry on this blog again A_C. It gives us all the heebie jeebies it does. Harrumph.

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:11 PM

As we approach the final match of this wonderful season I believe we should all look back and celebrate all the great moments we had……Hmmm. Just trying to think back now and remember the great moments…….No, they’re not coming to me…….Can anyone help me out with this?

• firebug666

May 21, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Pokat

I always read your posts mate, then after digesting everything you write, promptly forget them… 😀

• Pokat

May 21, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Least you read them. I forget everything I say as well.

• firebug666

May 21, 2015 at 6:18 PM

GeordieTwo

Oh come now we have lots of positives to look back on…

I was positive Carver would be rubbish.
    I was positive the team was total sh1t.
    I was positive the club would lie to us again and again.
    I was positive we would not buy any players in January.

Need I go on?

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:18 PM

We did reach 5th place after those 6 straight wins under Percy. That was quite pleasant. But then the second half of the season came along. We probably shouldn’t go there however. I think many on here are already upset enough. A moments silence for everyone please……………. Good enough. As you were mates.

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Good points there firebug mate. After the last match I feel we need to do a final post mortem and then resume protesting. Beautiful.

• firebug666

May 21, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Pokat

PMSL:

We need more humour on the blog, (except that Welsh thingy 9) to keep us all sane.

Everything else is in meltdown.

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Did Kinnear walk away from us this season? 😆 No, no that was a previous season. Was Llambias’s lease car towed away this season? 😆 No, that was previously as well. Did Llambias race across the pitch naked this season? ……. Damn. Ah well, hope springs eternal. I’ll think of something I’m sure.

• firebug666

May 21, 2015 at 6:23 PM

GeordieTwo

Oooooooh post mortems!

On Carver, Charnley and the fat one, what was his name? Has a string of second hand shops or something. Mmmm it’ll come to me.

• toon kk

May 21, 2015 at 6:24 PM

G2@16
    Err thats a tuff one, been racking me brain and unfortunately I cannot come up with a great moment.
    There was a couple of No surprise there Ash moments, with no new signings and that well thought through appointment of the one and thank god only Carver.
    We are so lucky to have a club that throws in no unexpected surprises! !!!!!
    Good old Mash!!! Ar5hO1e.

• GeordieTwo

May 21, 2015 at 6:27 PM

I mean real post mortems of course. After we fong them to death. Harrumph.

• Pokat

May 21, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Post Mortem Self Laughing.

• beermonkey

May 21, 2015 at 6:36 PM

in-demand coach Paco Jemez signed a new deal at Rayo Vallecano.

don’t worry Alan Curbishley will come in and steady the ship

• niafron

May 21, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Bonsoir messieurs.

What are the last news for the “game of the year”?

• Alternative Headline

May 21, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Pokat @13, I think you mean ‘rapier’ wit. What you said I think means something completely different, just in case you decide to use whilst out for a meal with the in-laws like.

• Average_Contents

May 21, 2015 at 6:59 PM

“divided we are weak”

“united we are strong”

Yes seriously. That’s the motto that goes with the official kit launch photo.

Ironic really when you think about the slugs philosophy – divide and conquer.

Plus the whole thing looks cheap and tacky. Just how he likes it

• welshgeordie9

May 21, 2015 at 7:02 PM

22firebug666 // May 21, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Pokat

PMSL:

Everything else is in meltdown.

Not many people on here have got a sense of humour, me on the other hand well i am the only comedian on this blog.

Ha ha ha

• Average_Contents

May 21, 2015 at 7:04 PM

G2

Thought it sounded a bit weird as I posted it but luckily it’s a collective sucked dry and not just I 😉

• welshgeordie9

May 21, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Happy balls is on.

• Average_Contents

May 21, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Alternative headline

Should of left him lol. Imagine saying that to the fafamily. Oops.

• Average_Contents

May 21, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Sorry, that would of been just plain cruel. Well done AH. Well done. You’ve saved a man from certain death.

• John Tudor

May 21, 2015 at 7:12 PM

drip

• Moonraker15

May 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM

If we are relegated on Sunday, bearing in mind I have supported the Toon for nigh on 60 years, the circumstances of this will exceed all the good and bad times I’ve experienced over the years.

From the post glory cup days of the fifties, to the inter cities cup win in the late 60’s, the great Keegan entertainers and Europe with SBR and Shearers’ scoring achievements, plus countless others.

To my dying day the great collapse under John Carver will be what I remember above all else.

That’s why I hope and pray Hull don’t win on Sunday, because I just can’t see this team beating West Ham!

HWTL

• niafron

May 21, 2015 at 7:19 PM

I noticed no one is talking about the players or the tactic…

So, if everyone here is beyond that now, will start to believe we’re really in the middle of nowhere.

• Ibizatoon

May 21, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Niafron…There is little enjoyment to be had from this club anymore.

Players – Not interested, not motivated, not coached properly.

Tactics – I think I’ve heard of them being used at other clubs.

People have a choice. Accept it or challenge it.

For now, I feel that is one of a few NUFC topics that deserves airtime. There aren’t many happy toon fans out there. Surely doing nothing isn’t an option anymore.